Gladiator versus Thor (BLOODLUST DEATH BATTLE!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Gladiator is ultra-confident and his confidence isn't going to dip in this battle. He is determined show his empire that even a god isn't above him when his confidence is supreme and he will fight Thor with everything he's got until he alone is left standing, victoriously holding his battle prize, Mjolnir, over the fallen god's crumpled body.

Thor is furious beyond imagination at the indignation of being challenged by an insolent alien. Thor's anger manifests in a lightning storm over Asgard such that man has never witnessed! Despite Odin's pleas to the contrary, our warrior god backs down from no challenge. Thor plans to teach Gladiator how much a fool he is for daring to challenge a god by unleashing the full extent of Thor's powers, without any mercy.

The Watcher learns of this situation, and in an attempt to prevent collateral destruction that is sure to result from this great battle, transports the two warriors onto a rocky planet with a magical forcefield around it ensuring that neither combatant can escape.

Who will be left standing after this planet-shaking battle is over? (please state reasons for your choice. after enough responses, I will write a conclusion.)

NiņoAraņa
the planet blows up, and both die cus the shield doesn't let them leave no expression

H. S. 6
Do you write, Bruce?

masterbruce
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Do you write, Bruce?

no, I don't write. I just wanted to spice up the scenario a bit, try to get some more interest than just to say Thor v. Gladiator bloodlust on. I wanted to explain why both would be on bloodlust.

Lucid Lui
Well, you've stipulated that Glads is ultra confident and his confidence won't dip. That means if he goes into this fight believeing he can't lose, and that belief can't be shaken, then he won't lose. That's his whole deal.

snoopdogg
I gotta go with Kallark on this one.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Well, you've stipulated that Glads is ultra confident and his confidence won't dip. That means if he goes into this fight believeing he can't lose, and that belief can't be shaken, then he won't lose. That's his whole deal.

I think his confidence effect is a bit of a hyperbole. Sure, he is much more powerful when fully confident, but it doesn't mean he can defeat Galactus if he believes he can. In the Character OWnage thread, I think there is a pic of a fully confident Galactus being owned by some very powerful version of Silver Surfer (Glad was cut in 2 by surfer's board).

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by masterbruce
I think his confidence effect is a bit of a hyperbole. Sure, he is much more powerful when fully confident, but it doesn't mean he can defeat Galactus if he believes he can. In the Character OWnage thread, I think there is a pic of a fully confident Galactus being owned by some very powerful version of Silver Surfer (Glad was cut in 2 by surfer's board). Yeah, it probably is hyperbole, but regardless, you've put us into the uncharted territory of Kallark having confidence that can't be broken no matter what. What i said is just as possible as anything else.

Though he did seem pretty confident the whole time against Tyrant, and still got his ass handed to him....

Regardless, even without unshakeable confidence Kallrk takes a slight majority over Thor IMO.

olympian
I think its more as Gladiator only loses "power" when his confidence is shaken. Not the other way around.

H. S. 6
no, I don't write. I just wanted to spice up the scenario a bit, try to get some more interest than just to say Thor v. Gladiator bloodlust on. I wanted to explain why both would be on bloodlust.

Oh, cool.

As a writer myself, it seemed to me you might. Ah, well... stick out tongue

masterbruce
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Oh, cool.

As a writer myself, it seemed to me you might. Ah, well... stick out tongue

I'll take that as a compliment. Are you a professional writer? What do you write?

masterbruce
So, so far, it seems like Gladiator will prevail.

rotiart
I think his confidence effect is a bit of a hyperbole. Sure, he is much more powerful when fully confident, but it doesn't mean he can defeat Galactus if he believes he can. In the Character OWnage thread, I think there is a pic of a fully confident Galactus being owned by some very powerful version of Silver Surfer (Glad was cut in 2 by surfer's board).

It was an Exiles comic... in it galactus was the savior of worlds... a diseasing was rendering all planets lifeless... and it was galactus's role to heal the planets.. even the shiar loved galactus.. In this world zennla was a wartorn world that destroyed itself... galactus made surfer a herald to find him worlds faster that he could heal... in exchange surfer asked that galactus teach him how he heals worlds so that he could restore zennla... galactus ended up refusing so surfer rose up against his former master...galactus states he can only heal worlds that were dying due to whatever disease was killing them, and that he would (or maybe could) not aid planets that had done it to themselves. so eventually the shiar and exiles had to go up against the surfer...
Kallark was indeed cut inhalf by the surfboard in this reality... and the surfer was defeated, bfr actually, by blink who's power was augmented by galactus to levels way beyond what she could normally do...

in this world galactus was entirely brown and appeared to be made of earth..

big grin

also really quick. on the lowend kallark was defeated by cannonball.. and on the highend he defeated ego a living planet... (neither of these were when kallark was augmented like when he had the unipower... which is something else altogether)

a bloodlust thor i would think should be able to put down gladiator... who has repeatedly been used as a bar to measure the power levels of new characters... if you want to say someone is pretty powerful... have them beat up glads.. .or terrax.. or surfer... big grin

Soljer
Am I the only one who is of the opinion that 616 surfer SERIOUSLY needs to do some owning like his exiles counterpart?

Roldz
Tough fight, I say enraged Thor takes this, just too much versatility for Glads, Mjonir i mean...

leonidas
Originally posted by Roldz
Tough fight, I say enraged Thor takes this, just too much versatility for Glads, Mjonir i mean...

Happy Dance

and glads admitted himself thor was too powerful for him . . . whistle

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by leonidas
Happy Dance

and glads admitted himself thor was too powerful for him . . . whistle Well... technically it was an alternate Gladiator from the future...

rotiart
Well... technically it was an alternate Gladiator from the future...

who knows... maybe that alternate Glads already had his but handed to him... and was remembering it. big grin

Roldz
Hmm, what comics was this from?

Metalmanx

Quoted for the truth. Gladiator literally won't stop until Thor is lying bleeding in Glad's hands.

OneDumbG0
Meh, just because his strength won't dip because his confidence won't dip, doesn't make him invulnerable. My understanding of his power is that if he's fully confident, he can overcome anything he focuses on. But this does not guard against the possibility of him being taken by suprise and being hurt as a consequence. Being suprised means he had no chance to focus on whatever obstacle was placed in front of him and therefore, given sufficient power, he could still be overwhelmed. Get what I'm saying?

But this may be an incorrect. If it is, I'd like links or scans please for educational purposes. Learning is fun.

golem370
Beserker Thor is suppose to be ten times stronger then regular Thor that might be a factor.

Soljer
Originally posted by golem370
Beserker Thor is suppose to be ten times stronger then regular Thor that might be a factor.

As I've said in a HUNDRED threads, I'm still waiting for concrete evidence of Warrior Madness Thor being ten times the strength of a normal Thor.

Many have mentioned that it is only fanboy trapping.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Soljer
As I've said in a HUNDRED threads, I'm still waiting for concrete evidence of Warrior Madness Thor being ten times the strength of a normal Thor.

Many have mentioned that it is only fanboy trapping.

He's not, and there isn't any evidence stating as much. It was basically a Thor who was willing to kill not caring for who was hurt during the process. So it was really just Thor not holding back, and fighting to the fullest of his abilities.

As for Gladiator's focus not faltering, that doesn't mean he still can't be defeated. It's not as if Gladiator has unlimited power, he's just at his max with faltering or jobbing.

Alfheim
Thor has owned glads before. In fact Glads went into the future to improve his fighting skills came back and still got owned by Thor. I still think Glads is going to lose. Confidence helps but that doesnt mean you are still going to win....

http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2ju1.jpg

Know what I mean?

Soljer
Originally posted by Soujaboy
He's not, and there isn't any evidence stating as much. It was basically a Thor who was willing to kill not caring for who was hurt during the process. So it was really just Thor not holding back, and fighting to the fullest of his abilities.

As for Gladiator's focus not faltering, that doesn't mean he still can't be defeated. It's not as if Gladiator has unlimited power, he's just at his max with faltering or jobbing.

Thank you.

I've always believed that Warrior Madness Thor isn't any more powerful than Normal thor, he's just not holding back anymore.

Alfheim
Thank you.

I've always believed that Warrior Madness Thor isn't any more powerful than Normal thor, he's just not holding back anymore.

Yeah but when you are madder you tend to be stronger. Maybe not ten times but you will still be stronger. Logic dictates that warrior madness Thor will be stronger but maybe not ten times.

Soujaboy
Thank you.

thumb up

Soljer
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah but when you are madder you tend to be stronger. Maybe not ten times but you will still be stronger. Logic dictates that warrior madness Thor will be stronger but maybe not ten times.

Uhh...

No?

I don't know about you, but MY muscles don't get any larger if I'm pissed.

I need not imagine that someone just killed my dog before I get on the bench.

I'm not the Hulk, and neither is Thor. Madder doesn't mean stronger. Just means that you're less likely to hold anything back.

Soujaboy

However that's a basic law for everyone, not just for Thor. He may seem stronger and unleash more power because of his rage, but that doesn't mean he's on portable steroids every time he gets angry. Potentially, anybody can accomplish the same thing when their calm as when their angry.

Alfheim

I don't know about you, but MY muscles don't get any larger if I'm pissed.

*sigh* Of course not

Madder doesn't mean stronger.

Well I dunno about that, you always hear stories about people doing great feats when they are angry. Heard of the term going beserk?

However that's a basic law for everyone, not just for Thor.

Fine.

Soljer
*sigh* Of course not

Well I dunno about that, you always hear stories about people doing great feats when they are angry. Heard of the term going beserk?

Fine.

You always HEAR about 'amazing feats of adrenaline' but that doesn't make them true.

The 'Old woman lifting a car off her dying child' thing is a debunked myth.

And, again, going 'berserk' is just allowing animalistic instincts to take over, and allowing the societal norms imposed upon us ebb away. We are left with sheer id, and we don't pull punches.

That's hardly the same thing as actually GETTING STRONGER.

Soujaboy
*sigh* Of course not

It's called adrenaline. It increases your strength, speed, etc due to stress. It's the same principle for every being, not just Thor.

Soljer
It's called adrenaline. It increases your strength, speed, etc due to stress. It's the same principle for every being, not just Thor.

Also a myth. Adrenaline doesn't actually amp your strength or speed. It elevates your autonomous nervous system, frees nutrients for muscular action, constricts blood vessels in some parts of the body, while dilating those for muscular action, dilates pupils, and inhibits certain processes like the urinary and tear secretion.

Your muscular fibers are still the same density, the same length, the same level of hypertrophy.

Brutacus
warrior madness Thor, is stronger than normal Thor.

Iff he wasn't why the name change???

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soujaboy
Also a myth. Adrenaline doesn't actually amp your strength or speed. It elevates your autonomous nervous system, frees nutrients for muscular action, constricts blood vessels in some parts of the body, while dilating those for muscular action, dilates pupils, and inhibits certain processes like the urinary and tear secretion.

Your muscular fibers are still the same density, the same length, the same level of hypertrophy.

Well then I was wrong stick out tongue

Alfheim
You always HEAR about 'amazing feats of adrenaline' but that doesn't make them true.

The 'Old woman lifting a car off her dying child' thing is a debunked myth.

Yeah thats a myth but....

And, again, going 'berserk' is just allowing animalistic instincts to take over, and allowing the societal norms imposed upon us ebb away. We are left with sheer id, and we don't pull punches.

That's hardly the same thing as actually GETTING STRONGER.

Yes it is actually. When you get mad your adrenaline increases

Adrenaline

Hormone secreted by the medulla of the adrenal glands. Adrenaline is synthesized from a closely related substance, noradrenaline, and the two hormones are released into the bloodstream in situations of fear or stress.

Adrenaline's action on the liver raises blood-sugar levels by stimulating glucose production and its action on adipose tissue raises blood fatty-acid levels; it also increases the heart rate, increases blood flow to muscles, reduces blood flow to the skin with the production of sweat, widens the smaller breathing tubes

Er yeah I know. We are not disagreeing on anything you need to talk to soljer not me.

Aren't you assuming that your muscles hAVE to get bigger to make you stronger? Isn't increased blood flow to the muscles going to make you stronger as well?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Brutacus
warrior madness Thor, is stronger than normal Thor.

Iff he wasn't why the name change???

roll eyes (sarcastic)

If my memory serves me right Thor was never referred to as being "Warrior Madness", I think it's just a name the fans adopted. Sort of how like the fans call the clone Thor "Clor". However even if he is called "Warrior Madness" Thor, that by no means implies that he's more powerful.

Brutacus
If my memory serves me right Thor was never referred to as being "Warrior Madness", I think it's just a name the fans adopted. Sort of how like the fans call the clone Thor "Clor". However even if he is called "Warrior Madness" Thor, that by no means implies that he's more powerful.

So iff he was the same why give him that name, just because he's mad and doesn't hold back???

Soujaboy
So iff he was the same why give him that name, just because he's mad and doesn't hold back???

Why don't you read the part of the post that says the fans adopted that name, not Marvel.

Brutacus
Why don't you read the part of the post that says the fans adopted that name, not Marvel.

I was talking about the fans, damn lighten up.
Where talking comics here roll eyes (sarcastic)

Priest
Originally posted by joesha28
Yes could be, but Thor is not a pure Asgardian. He is a hybrid by nature, a bloodson of an elder god (Ghae). It is 10x his strength. It was stated in a comic of blood and thunder, even hulk: ghost of the future.

its from http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t356004.html

Soujaboy
I was talking about the fans, damn lighten up.
Where talking comics here roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm not mad or anything, I just thought you read past my post. That's my bad, didn't mean to come off as an ass.

Accel
It's mainly due to the Warrior Madness that comes over him occasionally.

Brutacus
I'm not mad or anything, I just thought you read past my post. That's my bad, didn't mean to come off as an ass.

No problem, I just thought you where getting angry, wink

Brutacus
Originally posted by Accel
It's mainly due to the Warrior Madness that comes over him occasionally.

K thanks didn't know that. wink

Soljer

Adrenaline

Adrenaline's action on the liver raises blood-sugar levels by stimulating glucose production and its action on adipose tissue raises blood fatty-acid levels; it also increases the heart rate, increases blood flow to muscles, reduces blood flow to the skin with the production of sweat, widens the smaller breathing tubes

Aren't you assuming that your muscles hAVE to get bigger to make you stronger? Isn't increased blood flow to the muscles going to make you stronger as well?

Thanks, but I already mentioned the dilation of the blood vessels to the muscles. And no, blood vessel dilation does NOT make you stronger. It gives a better deliverance of nutrients, it will allow you better ATP usage, it will let you activate more muscular fibers simultaneously, but those things alone do not make you any stronger.

Seriously.

leonidas
Well... technically it was an alternate Gladiator from the future...

curious where that was shown to be the case . . .

Validus
I'll be honest here. I favor high level Superman types to Thor anyday of the week.

*fades back into shadows*

ninja

Tshern
He still can be defeated. Thor can simply overpower his durability. Thor traps Kallark into a forcefield, makes a hole to the forcefield and shoots him with godblast until he drops.

bigbran
If my memory serves me right Thor was never referred to as being "Warrior Madness", I think it's just a name the fans adopted. Sort of how like the fans call the clone Thor "Clor". However even if he is called "Warrior Madness" Thor, that by no means implies that he's more powerful. They call him that because on panel his disease was called Warrior Madness.

Roldz
I still got problem w/ some of his fans sayin he could go to these mood anytime he wants.. I still say enraged/wm are 2 diff. level up...
By the Way Thor should win this even against full confident Glads..

Soujaboy
Originally posted by bigbran
They call him that because on panel his disease was called Warrior Madness.

I was wrong again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.