Marka Ragnos vs. Darth Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prodigal Knight
Marka Ragnos faces off against the powerful Darth Revan.

Which Sith Lord wins?

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by Prodigal Knight
Marka Ragnos faces off against the powerful Darth Revan.

Which Sith Lord wins?

Ragnos. He curbstomps Revan, after Revan puts up a decent fight.

Blue_Hefner
Revan until Ragnos actually does something

zephiel7
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner

LOL

darthsith19
I'm speculating that Marka would take Revan.

VinCon01
Seeing as (As far as I know) we've barely seen Ragnos do anything, I'd have to go with Revan by default. Even if we don't know too much (He knew some rituals, he was a pretty good saber duelist), we at least know a few specifics about his skill.

IIRC, all we know about Ragnos is that he was feared, which is hardly unusual for Sith Lords.

Prodigal Knight
Well I made this thread to see if after the Ragnos Power Thread, people can correctly say Marka > Revan and a whole horde of Sith.

((The_Anomaly))
Revan wins by default. Ragnos has done nothing of note, especially not to beat a possible in the top 5 Sith Lord like Revan.

Until Ragnos does something, then its Revan.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Revan wins by default. Ragnos has done nothing of note, especially not to beat a possible in the top 5 Sith Lord like Revan.

Until Ragnos does something, then its Revan.

Revan's in the top five? I think I can name at least five that are better than him.

Sidious.
Exar.
Jacen.
Bane (the guy's been stated to have moved a freaking moon. Yes, it was only buy a little, but that raw power there is beyond ANYTHING Revan has done)
Ragnos.
Traya. (apparently everyone here believe's she can instakill whenever she wants. If true, she'd take him.)
Nihilus.
Lord Nyax (might be considered a Dark Jedi, but this dude was almost as strong as Luke in the Force during the early parts of NJO.)

Ragnos was so powerful and knowledgeable that Sidious, even as of DE, still went to him for Council. He was so strong that 5,000 years after his death he was still able to control people. Compare that to other Force Ghosts who can only talk to people for limited periods of time and have shown zero fighting ability. Ragnos ruled the most powerful group of Force Users for over a century. All of Revan's Sith knowledge comes from bits and pieces of what the Ancient Sith had. Just from looking at a picture of Ragnos it's easy to see that he has far superior physical strength. Yes, his power, like the other Ancient Sith, came in large part from their technology, but much of this was from their amulets and he would logically have his amulets in a fight, so it makes him no less impressive.

Ragnos takes this.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Revan's in the top five? I think I can name at least five that are better than him.

Sidious.
Exar.
Jacen.
Bane (the guy's been stated to have moved a freaking moon. Yes, it was only buy a little, but that raw power there is beyond ANYTHING Revan has done)
Ragnos.
Traya. (apparently everyone here believe's she can instakill whenever she wants. If true, she'd take him.)
Nihilus.
Lord Nyax (might be considered a Dark Jedi, but this dude was almost as strong as Luke in the Force during the early parts of NJO.)

Ragnos was so powerful and knowledgeable that Sidious, even as of DE, still went to him for Council. He was so strong that 5,000 years after his death he was still able to control people. Compare that to other Force Ghosts who can only talk to people for limited periods of time and have shown zero fighting ability. Ragnos ruled the most powerful group of Force Users for over a century. All of Revan's Sith knowledge comes from bits and pieces of what the Ancient Sith had. Just from looking at a picture of Ragnos it's easy to see that he has far superior physical strength. Yes, his power, like the other Ancient Sith, came in large part from their technology, but much of this was from their amulets and he would logically have his amulets in a fight, so it makes him no less impressive.

Ragnos takes this.

Bane did not move a moon, he planned too but there is no proof he actually did, stop bull shitting, and I'd say overpowering and entire planet drenched in dark side energy so powerful in broke Kreia is pretty impressive also.

Traya is not stronger, its very much logical to assume that Revan had the same powers she did, being as though Revan was the first to Malachor and had already plundered it before Kreia even knew was it was, meaning Kreia only got scraps of what Revan left behind.

I'd HARDLY say a "Planet Sized training ground and storehouse of Sith Knowledge" is "bits and pieces"

Jacen isn't a Sith Lord yet.

Revan was stated by PoD to be in the same league as Exar Kun and Naga Sadow multiple times, Revan being in the same league with Exar Kun who is stronger then Ragnos puts him above Ragnos automatically.

Care to prove that Ragnos group of losers were the "strongest group of force sensitives?" The strongest group that had their entire Coruscant invasion force owned by 4 Jedi with battery pack lightsabers, the entire group that people like Naga Sadow had to strain to through a brick with the force.

Revan > Ragnos till Ragnos actually does something other then getting owned by Jaden Korr.

Escape81
Palpatine summoned the Ancient Sith to milk them for knowledge. We know that, as of Dark Empire, his knowledge of the Force was broader and deeper than theirs.

And, I don't recall Ragnos personally ever being summoned.

If he could control anyone, he likely would've went for Jaden. However, Tavion was weaker than Jacen, and was also a disciple of Ragnos, who summoned him.

That probably helped.

And, then, a single Jedi kicked his ass and forced him back into Exile.

Revan had Jedi knowledge, Sith knowledge, and likely some of his own. I'd say that his knowledge is just as broad, if not broader than Ragnos's.

Means Revan's raw power may very well blow his out of the water.

However, because I'm not a jackass like some of you when it was DE Sidious vs. Ragnos (DE Sidious would get slaughtered, remember? Rofl), I'd say that it could be a pretty damn close fight.

I, personally, am leaning somewhat towards Ragnos. But that's because I do believe the guy was up there. But, based on evidence, one can make an even better case for Revan.

Lightsnake
Oh, and when did Palpatine go to the Sith as of DE? They hadn't seen him in years as of EE.

Oh, and looking at Yoda, I wouldn't guess he has any physical strength,

Then I see him carrying a gun the size of a house on his back

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Escape81
Palpatine summoned the Ancient Sith to milk them for knowledge. We know that, as of Dark Empire, his knowledge of the Force was broader and deeper than theirs.

And, I don't recall Ragnos personally ever being summoned.

If he could control anyone, he likely would've went for Jaden. However, Tavion was weaker than Jacen, and was also a disciple of Ragnos, who summoned him.

That probably helped.

And, then, a single Jedi kicked his ass and forced him back into Exile.

Revan had Jedi knowledge, Sith knowledge, and likely some of his own. I'd say that his knowledge is just as broad, if not broader than Ragnos's.

Means Revan's raw power may very well blow his out of the water.

However, because I'm not a jackass like some of you when it was DE Sidious vs. Ragnos (DE Sidious would get slaughtered, remember? Rofl), I'd say that it could be a pretty damn close fight.

I, personally, am leaning somewhat towards Ragnos. But that's because I do believe the guy was up there. But, based on evidence, one can make an even better case for Revan.

lol Owned.

@ Glentract---I dont much like Revan in general, but thanks to POD its pretty obvious that he was stronger then Bane was, given that Bane feared to even attempt to use some of what Revan knew. In terms of Force Power (And Force power only), its very arguable that Revan is in the top 5 Sith of all time.

1. Sidious
- Exar Kun
- Revan
- Nihilus (ONLY because of his drain ability, and not anything else)
- Bane

Sidious is # 1 and IMO the other 4 are pretty much interchangeable in terms of who could be argued into each spot. IMO those are the top 5. I HATE Nihilus however, so if I didn't include him then I'd prolly put Ragnos as definite #5, but Nihilus is hard to beat due to his one uber ability. So I'd say Ragnos is prolly 6 in the chain.

S_W_LeGenD

Sidious.
Exar.
Jacen.
Ragnos.
Nihilus.

Ragnos takes this.
Your list is heavily flawed.

Traya has never been considered in TOP 10 list of best Sith Lords.

And Darth Revan is easily on par with Exar Kun and Bane.

Also, stop over-estimating Ragnos. Ragnos is powerful but he is not the best.

Additionally, Jacen should not be included in list of Sith Lords yet.

On Revan vs Ragnos!

Revan will teach Ragnos a lesson or two but it is hard to decide that who will win for sure. Because Revan is very strong in force and also has vast knowledge of Dark Side powers.

I have often noticed that luck can matter in fights as well.

Captain SEX
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner

laughing

Kadesh
Lets not forget how weak spirits actually get after a period of time, and talk about being a spirit for 5000 years and of course he got his hass handed to him by a Great jedi named jade korr, had Jaden fought with ragnos at ragnos peak, he would have wtf pwned ragnos.

By the way, the "weak" spirit of freedon nadd could put exar kun on his ass and yet attack vodo from halfway across the galaxy, All ragnos could do was hop into bodies.
Luke skywalker already knew how powerful ragnos is, he feared the return of ragnos. And when he studied the symbol of ragnos, He would have studied the history of ragnos. He even stated he himself will not be able to bring down ragnos, quote? "It WILL take all our might to stop him", And he himself by JA is a powerful jedi, surpassing just about every other jedi before him

Dessel
lmao, your logic fails. I can just as easily say that Ragnos has been stated to be above Naga Sadow, who's in the same league as Revan, and therefor, Revan is weaker than Ragnos. Seriously dude. laughing out loud

Darth Sexiest

Sidious.
Exar.
Jacen.
Ragnos.
Nihilus.

Ragnos takes this.

Thank god.

Someone here has brains...

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Kadesh
Lets not forget how weak spirits actually get after a period of time, and talk about being a spirit for 5000 years and of course he got his hass handed to him by a Great jedi named jade korr, had Jaden fought with ragnos at ragnos peak, he would have wtf pwned ragnos.
They get weak? Sith spirits do? Um, no, sorry. Sith spirits are a different ball game.
And glad you agree about Jaden demolishing Ragnos

When did he do anything to Exar?

Great, now did he mean Marka or Marka's entire forces, including the entire cult, hence the massive assault? When did he fear Ragnos at all?
And this after he said Marka's powers were unknown

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Darth Sexiest
Thank god.

Someone here has brains...
Most of his points are wrong! Sir!

- Darth Revan is more powerful then Darth Traya and he is in the leagues of Exar Kun and Bane.

- Marka Ragnos was a powerful ancient Sith Lord but that does not means that he was the best of all and was un-defeatable. And evidence shows us that Ragnos was killed by just a single Jedi (Jaden). A very shameful end indeed.

- Also, Jacen is not even a Sith yet.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Originally posted by Dessel
lmao, your logic fails. I can just as easily say that Ragnos has been stated to be above Naga Sadow, who's in the same league as Revan, and therefor, Revan is weaker than Ragnos. Seriously dude. laughing out loud

I know embarrasment I re-read it and tried to edit it, but it was past the 15 min. mark. But still Revan>Ragnos.

Escape81
Based on... you telling us that they're wrong?

I agree. Though it may be thoroughly possible that Revan would fall suseptible to Traya's attacks, though I personally believe otherwise.

Marka was the most powerful Ancient Sith. And, I agree, it doesn't mean he's the best of all, but he's damn well up there, and Jaden didn't kill him (!)

S_W_LeGenD
Based on... you telling us that they're wrong?
I think that I already have pointed out wrong points in Darth_Glentract's post.

I agree. Though it may be thoroughly possible that Revan would fall suseptible to Traya's attacks, though I personally believe otherwise.
We know that Revan explored Malachor V before Traya and learned a great deal of knowledge about various Dark Side powers of Ancient Sith from there.

So, Revan must have learned about these powerful Force Drain techniques. And their might be some defence techniques against them.

An Example: Malak also demonstrates Force Drain on Star Forge and Force immunity can counter it.

Marka was the most powerful Ancient Sith. And, I agree, it doesn't mean he's the best of all, but he's damn well up there, and Jaden didn't kill him (!)
Yeah!

Anyways! thanks for correcting my mistake.

Escape81
I think that I have, and so have a few others. But the particular points that you have attempted to argue aren't exactly ironclad.

Malak's Force drain is nothing in comparison to Traya's, let alone Nihilus's. The unfortunate thing is that it is an assumption that Revan possesses the same knowledge Traya does, and has mastered the same technique. Highly possible, but an assumption nonetheless. A more farfetched assumption is that Revan can defend himself. Sidious is the only one who I'd wager could do it, but that is because his knowledge of the Dark Side and of the Force exceeds Revan's own. Revan is not a wound in the Force. To assume that he knew techniques to resist it - or was naturally immune to it - is baseless.

No problem.

Kadesh
Originally posted by Lightsnake

When did he do anything to Exar?

Well he triggered an avalanche on exar, that was before the amulet though but he did something as a spirit, ragnos couldnt do jack

Great, now did he mean Marka or Marka's entire forces, including the entire cult, hence the massive assault? When did he fear Ragnos at all?
And this after he said Marka's powers were unknown He specificaly said marka himself, the quote is "Theres no telling what HE will do". Obviously he studied about ragnos after discovering his symbol
. Marka may be an unknown but in the in universe perspective, those who lived during markas reigon knew about him, and its recorded in galactic history, if not how did luke even knew it was his symbol? He knew how powerful and dangerous ragnos is even though ragnos is an unknown in an out of universe perspective

Malak's Force drain is nothing in comparison to Traya's, let alone Nihilus's. The unfortunate thing is that it is an assumption that Revan possesses the same knowledge Traya does, and has mastered the same technique. Highly possible, but an assumption nonetheless. A more farfetched assumption is that Revan can defend himself. Sidious is the only one who I'd wager could do it, but that is because his knowledge of the Dark Side and of the Force exceeds Revan's own. Revan is not a wound in the Force. To assume that he knew techniques to resist it - or was naturally immune to it - is baseless.

i would agree with you but only the fallanasi and the yuuzhanvong have a defence to the drain, Luke learnt it from the fallanasi so he too can block it

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Kadesh
Well he triggered an avalanche on exar, that was before the amulet though but he did something as a spirit, ragnos couldnt do jack
Freedon just triggered a release of energy, that's IT

this isn't meaning fear. At all

And probably some Jedi and Sith, too

Kadesh
Freedon just triggered a release of energy, that's IT
Yes and that was after 400 or 600 years doing nothing, some one here mentioned spirits get weak after time, logically if you dont do something for years your skill gets rusty and ragnos didnt do anything for 5000 years yet he was able to get in tavion and do massive damage, imagine what he could do 5000 years before at his peak

this isn't meaning fear. At all
Not exactly fear, i dont know how to say it

And probably some Jedi and Sith, too
yea some

Dessel
Surely someone who is more powerful than Nihilus would be able to block the drain with a simple force shield. I mean, where was it said that the force drain couldn't be defended against?

Kadesh
Force shield cannot defend against a super drain because force shield comes from the force itself, it gets consumed by the drain,

Normal drains can be defended and resisted but not drains like nihilus. Only way is the fallanasi looping technique or the yuuzhanvong or being a wound, If his super drain can be countered so easily then no jedi on katarr should have died. They should have made thise "shield" which they can apparantly do

Dessel
Force drain can seemingly only drain the force out of living beings, just because the force shield is made of the force, doesn't mean it will just get drained, I mean technically everything is made up of the force, doesn't mean that Nihilus would just be able to go and drain solid matter. And none of the jedi on Katarr were as powerful as Nihilus, someone like Sidious who is as powerful should be able to block it with a force shield.

xxXAcStylesXxx
And none of the Jedi on Katarr, even knew Nihlius was there, so how could they defend against him.

Swirly Girl
Honestly, Nihilus' drain is a fairly unconventional one. It's more of a pyroclastic flow, and it collapses buildings and rips the flesh from skeletons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.