Luke's Lightsaber form

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Coal
Anyone know what form Luke uses in ROTJ?

Blax X
Sort of Djem/So'ishis I'm correct?

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by Captain SEX
Sort of Djem/So'ishis I'm correct?

Just plain Djem So.

Thats correct.

Later on he learns Ataru and uses that with his Djem So.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Darth Sexiest
Just plain Djem So.

Thats correct.

Later on he learns Ataru and uses that with his Djem So.

Oh yea? Is there proof of this? No there isn't.

There is nothing at all about what lightsaber style Luke uses, ever, people just speculate that he uses these forms, but its based on no evidence.

In reality, Luke prolly uses a unique style of his own.

Prodigal Knight
Luke learns elements of Soresu from Obi-Wan and elements of Ataru from Yoda. Soresu + Ataru + other lightsaber training elements= would probably be equal to a Djem SOish form.

Lord Coal
Had lightsaber forms been invented in 1983? Or was it just decided afterwards what his style was?

Council#13
Originally posted by Prodigal Knight
Luke learns elements of Soresu from Obi-Wan and elements of Ataru from Yoda. Soresu + Ataru + other lightsaber training elements= would probably be equal to a Djem SOish form.

I don't think that Obi-Wan really managed to teach Luke anything. All you see in ANH is Obi-Wan teaching Luke how to block the little bolts. I'm not sure what really happened between ESB and ROTJ, because that would be catagorized as Infinities, right? In ROTJ he mirrors Vader's moves, right?

Kadesh
well luke acording to wiki and wookie used vaders version of djem so which is a combination of djemso and ataru so yes, he did use vaders style

And btw, he didnot luke like he was holding 20 sabers, the book only said he was moving very fast killing vong after vong and jacen noted he might as well hold 20 lightsabers

((The_Anomaly))
This is all complete speculation, none of it is proven in any way whatsoever.

Most likely Luke doesn't use any actual form, but one he slowly developed over time.

Kadesh
well wiki stated that luke used vaders version of djem so, dont know how reliable that is but in my opinion the pt era jedi are better duelers than the njo era jedi

Lord Coal
Most likely, in ROTJ at least, is that Mark Hammil just got on with scene. GL probably said "Fight a bit aggressive. Go a bit psycho" etc. but he probably had no form as such to go with.

I haven't read many of the books, but obviously it's easier to say in a novel which form the character concerned is using than it is teach an actor to use a particular form which would be difficult to tell apart from others while watching.

I was only really curious because I was watching ROTJ the other day and thought, "Hey, that's a cool form. He gives no ground. He's passive dominant." Cos of course, Anakin was always aggressive-dominant, so it was interesting to see.

Decay
by the looks of it its form 5, like vader. the wide stance and powerful attacks, the focus on offence, and turning defence into offence. when he finally takes vader down he uses sheer power and counters vader everytime he tried to attack him.

obi wan probably taught him alot of form 3, and luke youth an impatience drew him to a more aggressive style of it, similar to form 5, then when he saw yoda, whos supposedly mastered all forms would have seen his natural leaning to form 5 and taught him more of that. he probably threw in some form 4 becuase of his own preference of it. although it wouldnt serve luke as well becuase he didnt have to compensate for short reach or anything like that.

Captain REX
From the looks of it, Obi-Wan and Yoda taught him very little in lightsaber training.

SnakeEyes
Baseball-bat form, maybe?

((The_Anomaly))
Look Luke doesn't use a regular lightsaber form. Even if he did there's no way that we could know what it is. Simply "looking at him" isn't good enough.

Council#13
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Baseball-bat form, maybe?

laughing out loud

Sesse
Whatever he may have in his skills, he lacks in his gameface. EVERY swordmaster has a gameface.

http://chefelf.com/starwars/images/ep3_palpy_08.jpg
http://chefelf.com/starwars/images/ep3_palpy_10.jpg

Council#13
Hey, Sesse! Haven't seen you here in a while.

Nupe Kill Droma
"Baseball Bat Form..." I like that one! hahahaha!

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Lord Coal
Anyone know what form Luke uses in ROTJ?

Form XX: Swing that Sucker Style.

First implemented by the great master:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2548/nutshotvz9.jpg

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Form XX: Swing that Sucker Style.

First implemented by the great master:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2548/nutshotvz9.jpg

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.