Your Favourite Cronenberg Films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
What are you favourites then?

WrathfulDwarf
Naked Lunch...it was inspired by the book and the film revolves in a dream-like horror illusion. In this film Cronenberg style of directing resembles David Lynch. But unlike Lynch he inserts more dialogue than images to tell the story. Providing a more narrative film rather than visual.

MildPossession
The Brood for me, excellent film. I also like Existenz, but a lot of people seemed to dislike it.

Wolfie
I've only seen Scanners, which wasn't bad. I've been meaning to check out Videodrome and eXistenZ... if I can find them for rent.

Deano
videodrome is brilliant, definetly worth checking out.

i have yet to see naked lunch. i will be buying it soon.

Impediment
I've only seen The Fly, Scanners, Videodrome, and Naked Lunch.

SelphieT
I've only seen the Fly erm

Röland
I've only seen The Fly, Scanners and Videodrome.

But I thought The Fly was awesome.

vintageSW77
You left out DEAD ZONE!!
One of my all time faves.
I also rate Shivers,Rabid,Scanners,The Brood,Videodrome and The Fly as all time horror classics.

The Core
What's up with forgetting "Dead Ringers"? blink

Anywho, I've seen Videodrome, Scanners, Dead Ringers, The Brood, Naked Lunch, eXistenZ, The Fly, History of Violence, Rabid and Shivers, personally.

In order, my favorites are Videodrome, The Brood, The Fly, Scanners, and eXistenZ. Shivers was decent, as was Naked Lunch and Dead Ringers, but Rabid and History of Violence were pure garbage IMO.

Deano
i agree with you. videodrome is probably my favourite cronenberg film aswell.

i never was fond of shivers or rabid tbh.

MildPossession
Just noticed Crash isn't on there... now that was a good film from the director imo.

I've seen nearly all his films except History Of Violence, waiting on my rental list. But I wasn't a fan of Rabid either, my friend let me borrow his video of Rabid when I was in high school and I was so bored with it, terrible.

Spider I wasn't too keen on either, disappointed with Spider.

Looking forwards to Eastern Promises a lot though.

Big Sexy
Scanners. Gotta love the head exploding seen.

ladygrim
Scanners and the fly big grin

roughrider
My favourite Cronenberg film isn't on the list - Crash.

On the list, I would vote for A History Of Violence.

BackFire
The Fly was an astonishing film, so deeply disturbing on many many levels. Wonderfully acted and amazing special effects. A Sci Fi/horror film where you actually care about the main characters!? Who'd have thunk it!?

Deano
ive always been a fan of jeff goldblum and yes i agree that the fly is a great film. one of my favourites.

BackFire
Word Deano. The final transformation at the end was so damn unsettling, made my skin crawl. So awesome.

Deano
i havent saw it in a while though

*heads off to amazon*

vintageSW77
i dont want to sound like a girly but i got teary at the end of THE FLY
The bit were the fly puts the shotgun barrel to his head.....gets me every time.

Espantada23
God I still can't watch the Fly while eatting...the whole process of transformation is so gross...I feel sick just thinking about it...love the film though.

slayer
The Fly/The Brood/Shivers for me.

NormaBates
The Brood for me!

papabeard
Picked up naked lunch on video in a charity shop, not seen it for years, it's bizarre to say the least.

I'd have to say Videodrome, Scanners and A History of Violence.

Ethereal
I've only seen The Fly, Videodrome, Naked Lunch, ExistenZ (which I own, oddly enough), and some of Scanners.

Haven't checked out Crash, Spider, Rabid, History of Violence, Shivers, The Brood, or any others.

OUt of the ones I'd seen, I'd say its a tie between The Fly and Videodrome. Naked Lunch was cool in a weird trippy way. ExistenZ had a cool idea to it too.

Pandemoniac
The Fly, Existenz, Scanners. From what I've seen of his movies at least.
I find Cronenberg a very hard to place director, some of his movies (or at least scenes/images) are amazing, while some of his movies really fail to get keep me interested or entertained.

Solo
Dead Ringers by a mile.

beta-wolf_101
I liked scanners, there is something about having a guy's head explode only fifteen minutes into the film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.