Exiles Surfer vs Superman ,Sentry, Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut66666
http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1me3.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2ju1.jpg

Stupid Rookie
Surfer. Judging by that issue of exiles I think he takes them all out. Glads is basically supes so he is def gone. I don't see the other two doing much.

Basically Exiles is what surfer would do if he was really mean, and angry. Think of a Morg mentality but with SS powers.

Galan777
going by those scans, Surfer takes this

Priest
Exiles surfer is badass

Alfheim
Damn those guys got owned....killed with extreme prejuidice.

Mindship
...whoa...

I just did a quick google-search on this Surfer, cuz I'd never heard of him before. If he is the Galactus of his universe, then it would seem to me that unless Superman, Sentry and Thor coordinate their forces--and assuming this Surfer is Not at full power--then the team has a chance to win of 4/10. If this Surfer Is at full power...the team is dust in the cosmic wind.

btw, I don't suppose Gladiator has any Ultimate Wolverine-like healing power...

roughrider
Originally posted by juggernaut66666

Holy S**t. eek!

Exiles Surfer is one bad M.F.

I'll have to look him up.

boriquaking55

Exiles Surfer is a PIMP

carver9
exiles surfer is awesome. I dont think ANYONE can fight him alone. There aint to many people that can even K.O. gladiator because he is completely invulnerable and this dude split him in half. I think that thor would be the last one standing but he'll fall easily also. Superman would also get treated like a chump (cut in half) and sentry would fall second, leaving only the mighty thor.

bigbran
Originally posted by carver9
exiles surfer is awesome. I dont think ANYONE can fight him alone. There aint to many people that can even K.O. gladiator because he is completely invulnerable and this dude split him in half. I think that thor would be the last one standing but he'll fall easily also. Superman would also get treated like a chump (cut in half) and sentry would fall second, leaving only the mighty thor. I agree that Thor would be the last one standing, just because of everything he has in his hammer. But, Sentry would go out before Superman, unless he pussied out and stood back a bit.

the Darkone
Thor would be the last one standing, he better go warrior madness on his ass to even have decent shot. If Thor has mystic armor and blet of strenght along with warrior madness who knows, until then SS wins 10/10

King_Mungi
Meh! he was good, but that's noting 616 couldn't do taking it to the Imperial Guard. Also Galactus in the reality isn't a world devover, but a worlder saver. Who knows how strong he is, as his look and powers are vastly different from 616.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Meh! he was good, but that's noting 616 couldn't do taking it to the Imperial Guard. Also Galactus in the reality isn't a world devover, but a worlder saver. Who knows how strong he is, as his look and powers are vastly different from 616.
Im sure that 616 Surfer could cut Gladiator in half with his board no expression

Validus
Assuming that Gladiator is as powerful as 616 Kallark, Exiles Surfer is impressive. Power levels in Exiles have always been all over the place and usually much different from 616.

King_Mungi
Im sure that 616 Surfer could cut Gladiator in half with his board no expression

If it was designed like that he probally could, such as a blade going lightspeed could slice through basically anything

Rewmac
Exiles Surfer??? You mean all of them???? That means a couple hundred big grin

Not shure thouhg if he could take it. 616 Imperial Guard was taken out by Vulcan exception of Gladiator. Surfer is stronger than Vulcan. An angry 616 Surfer could have done this. And this Surfer was angry too...

carver9
I would like to give gladiator credit though, (not in this comic) he has some of the hardest punches in comics. Ex: he was going to punch cannonball from the earth to the sun and the punch that he gave cannonball lit the entire city up and this punch that he just did (was awesome). It has been stated that gladiator strength is unlimited, thats why it seems so impressive that surfer took that punch with no problem.

King_Mungi
Gladiator's strength depends on his confidence, and having your entire team killed in front of you and the fact you know your going to die...I doubt he's confidence would be to high. Cannonball has with stood a punch from Gladiator.

This Exiles SS has only had one apperances, just wait abit to get a better guage of his overall power.

Originally posted by Rewmac
An angry 616 Surfer could have done this. And this Surfer was angry too...

Exactally

Validus
The trick Cannonball used to take his punch though, could be used against anyone. It's not a low feat.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Validus
The trick Cannonball used to take his punch though, could be used against anyone. It's not a low feat.

No, but he took a full force punch and afterwards Gladiator's confidence and strength took a nose dive. Just example of how is strength rises or falls with confidence

bigbran
Gladiator's strength depends on his confidence, and having your entire team killed in front of you and the fact you know your going to die...I doubt he's confidence would be to high. Cannonball has with stood a punch from Gladiator.

This Exiles SS has only had one apperances, just wait abit to get a better guage of his overall power.

Exactally Gladiator watched as Vulcan downed his whole team, and then ended up one punching him.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by bigbran
Gladiator watched as Vulcan downed his whole team, and then ended up one punching him.
Actually it was 2 punches

Validus
No, but he took a full force punch and afterwards Gladiator's confidence and strength took a nose dive.
Didn't Cannonball use the force he absorbed from Kallark's punch to hit him with?

carver9
gladiator confidence was up because he was angry that his teammates got killed and if youre fighting for your life I think that you would have plenty of confidence and read the words that he was saying he was going to give it his all to take this man down and he did give it his all and he failed. Now when he seen that his punch didnt work I think that he lost full confidence but before that he was confident that he was going to stop the surfer.

bigbran
Actually it was 2 punches I don't see a difference...

King_Mungi
Gladiator watched as Vulcan downed his whole team, and then ended up one punching him.

Except this time, Gladiator was fighting the entire time against SS.

Validus
Vulcan was done after the first punch. Gladiator just some extra stank on it. laughing out loud

King_Mungi
gladiator confidence was up because he was angry that his teammates got killed and if youre fighting for your life I think that you would have plenty of confidence and read the words that he was saying he was going to give it his all to take this man down and he did give it his all and he failed. Now when he seen that his punch didnt work I think that he lost full confidence but before that he was confident that he was going to stop the surfer.

Not really, he was fighting with SS before and could do nothing. That's why he sent Manta away for reinforcements as he knew they were not enough. Even when his friends were killed he didn't instantly go into a blood-lust mode.

bigbran
Except this time, Gladiator was fighting the entire team against SS. He didn't watch from the sidelines them getting tooled though.
His confidence should go up, when he is fighting as a team.

carver9
cannonball absorbed the hit and hit gladiator back with the same strength that gladiator was going to hit him with. Cannonball have the powers to absorb kinetic energy. He could have used that same trick on superman. If written well cannonball could be unstoppable.

King_Mungi
He didn't watch from the sidelines them getting tooled though.
His confidence should go up, when he is fighting as a team.

and as a team they were easily killed, he knew he was outclassed. That's why he wanted reinforcements as he knew he wasn't enough

Gladiator: "Go, Manta. Summon reinforcements"
Manta: "Gladiator, No! I will not leave you to die!"
Gladiator: "My death is not the one you should worry about. Now Go!"

cannonball absorbed the hit and hit gladiator back with the same strength that gladiator was going to hit him with. Cannonball have the powers to absorb kinetic energy. He could have used that same trick on superman. If written well cannonball could be unstoppable.

We know, the example as mentioned was a factor for Gladiator's confidence

Rewmac
Well I know a lot about Exiles. Their powers are usually the same or even lower than theri 616 counterparts. Like Mimic for example or I can put Deadpool here too along with Sasquatch.

Validus
We know, the example as mentioned was a factor for Gladiator's confidence
You don't think Cannonball could have sent him flying without the confidence factor?

King_Mungi
You don't think Cannonball could have sent him flying without the confidence factor?

What? No I meant after Cannonball blocked his punch, Gladiator was so shocked his confidence dropped as did his strength.

King_Mungi
Well I know a lot about Exiles. Their powers are usually the same or even lower than theri 616 counterparts. Like Mimic for example or I can put Deadpool here too along with Sasquatch.

They actually stated well in the handbook, Exiles Sasquatch was 5 tons weaker than 616.

carver9

no he couldnt send him flying because gladiator was toying with him the entire time. Cannonball didnt get that new power untill he thought that his life was in danger. Like i said if cannonball was written correctly he could take out superman, hulk etc; because he would have no weakness against physical attacks and they wont be able to do anything to him. Just my opinion.

Rewmac
Exactly what I was saying.

Validus
I know Glads was toying with him but the punch Sam absorbed was described as city destroying. Confident or not, thats not the type of attack Gladiator could have redirected in his face and still be unphased.

King_Mungi
I have seen Cannonball getting ko'ed bouncing off a wall, and running into a standing Juggernaut..but that's different :P

carver9
I know Glads was toying with him but the punch Sam absorbed was described as city destroying. Confident or not, thats not the type of attack Gladiator could have redirected in his face and still be unphased.

If cannonball absorbs kinetic energy, it shouldnt matter where he was hit on his forcefield or how hard he was hit because he would absorb it all. As for cannonball bouncing off of juggernaut etc: that was a cannonball that dont how to use his power like he do now (tackling the fury by himself). Cannonball is a heavy hitter now and when he completely knows how to use his power he could be the new unstoppable juggernaut. Heat vision wont work on him, now super strength wont work on him, you cant freeze him, basically the only weakness he have is magic. He has the power to make his force field explode, he can put his force field around you and you wont be able to get out because it indestructible (so he could just put you under the sea and let water in and he has the power to absorb ALLLLL of your attacks and increase his strength with it. Even though I hate cannonball, he can be awesome.

carver9
If you would like to know cannonball powers, here ya go:

Group Affiliation: X.,S.E., X-Men, formerly X-Corporation, X-Force, New Mutants, Hellions
Powers: mutant - release thermochemical energy as an impenetrable blast field, using it as a personal shield or extending it to encompass others, focus it into rocket thrust or bio-kinetic blasts from his hands, shape the field around another person to imprison them, or absorb outside kinetic impact into his own energy supply, then rechannel it to increase the bludgeoning power of his blows or create explosive shock waves upon impact

Roldz
You do know that this is not automatic kinetic absorbtion feat.. Unlike SG or Shaw... It reguires concentration for him to pull this out, his not going to be able to absorb a barrage of physical attack + we still do not know the limit of how much Kinetic energies he can hold, say a physical attack of planet proportion.. But diff. cool powers dough, and i think CB has been writin quite well and definetly has lot of potential to be high/top tier level char..

If it was designed like that he probally could, such as a blade going lightspeed could slice through basically anything
I dont see why he could'nt make same exact board now, he can make a dozen of those things if he wants...

Mindship
An angry 616 Surfer could have done this.

It's a wonderful thought, but I don't understand why you say that. Surfer was plenty pissed and no longer "held back" when he fought warrior madness Thor...and we know how that went.

Exiles Surfer would destroy Thor. Why do you feel 616 SS is really this powerful?

rotiart
Originally posted by Roldz
You do know that this is not automatic kinetic absorbtion feat.. Unlike SG or Shaw... It reguires concentration for him to pull this out, his not going to be able to absorb a barrage of physical attack + we still do not know the limit of how much Kinetic energies he can hold, say a physical attack of planet proportion.. But diff. cool powers dough, and i think CB has been writin quite well and definetly has lot of potential to be high/top tier level char..

I dont see why he could'nt make same exact board now, he can make a dozen of those things if he wants...

In annihilation #4 when surfer fought the other "cosmic" he attacked him with his surfboard... sending him off... then created out of nothing another surfboard... so yah, surfer can definitely make boards as much as he wants...

In guardians of the galaxy, as the keeper, surfer recreated his board..

current surfer's a tough guy... even ravager said wtf happened to you after surfer got his powerup..

rotiart
Originally posted by Mindship
It's a wonderful thought, but I don't understand why you say that. Surfer was plenty pissed and no longer "held back" when he fought warrior madness Thor...and we know how that went.

Exiles Surfer would destroy Thor. Why do you feel 616 SS is really this powerful?

and yet that surfer that held back... still isn't "current" surfer as the mental and power restraints implimented by Galactus were removed...

so current surfer > surfer that fought WMT....

there really isn't a current comparison.

Validus
Surfer was written like a tool in Blood and Thunder.

Mindship
Originally posted by rotiart
and yet that surfer that held back... still isn't "current" surfer as the mental and power restraints implimented by Galactus were removed...
so current surfer > surfer that fought WMT....
there really isn't a current comparison.
< --- wants a Surfer/Thor rematch

Roldz

You know his said this more than once and his always held back so whats to say his not holding back when battling WMThor considering there mission was to saved him.. take a look at how he battled Morg when he was pissed and compared it to battling WMThor, he wasnt tossing asteroid destructive blast considering the guy his battling is far stronger than him...

Rewmac
Let me clear something. The only difference between current 616 and the parallel dimension (Exiles #97) version a little outfit, armor, Surfboard and that that Surfer isn't holding back for a microsecond. That is hardcore pure Silver Surfer wielder of Power Cosmic. The 616 version mostly held back. Even when he was doing big blast or stuff like that he held back mostly.

Mindship
*really wants to see that rematch*

Rewmac
It doesn't really matter now...Thor is dead. And if he came back that would at least King Thor with Odinpower or worse for Surfer Rune powered Thor.
I wanna see a Quasar vs. Surfer all out match...

King_Mungi
I liked Quasar, annoyed how we went though.

Rewmac
Quasar isn't dead...

Validus
It doesn't really matter now...Thor is dead. And if he came back that would at least King Thor with Odinpower or worse for Surfer Rune powered Thor.
I wanna see a Quasar vs. Surfer all out match...
Thor isn't coming back Odinpowered since Odin is coming back as well according to recent interviews.

Rewmac
Thor isn't coming back Odinpowered since Odin is coming back as well according to recent interviews.

I know that Thor isn't coming back. Why do you play clever on me?? confused confused sad I feel terrible. You really underestimate me now I see. sad If you read back you can clearly see we are talking about a rematch...What, why, how... sad

King_Mungi
Quasar isn't dead...

He's already come back?

rotiart

which is pretty dumb, considering the reasoning behind WHY he killed the ragnarok tree and the thread was the end the neverending rebirth cycle of the gods.

Mindship
So how would an Exile Level Surfer do against King Thor?

King_Mungi
So how would an Exile Level Surfer do against King Thor?

He hasn't shown anything on King Thor's level, he's only had one apperance thus far.

Validus
He hasn't done anything to prove he's on par with 616 Surfer much less King Thor.

Newjak
Nothing really he was basically from what I saw all he did was beat on the Exiles Imperial Guard which can be impressive but we don't really know they are the same as 616 Imperial Guards.

Validus
The Imperial Guard isn't impressive in any universe.

King_Mungi

haha just about to say that
===
Manta can fly, generate flashes of blinding light, and the ability to see in the dark...fancy

Newjak
Well there is Glads in there as well and he defently isn't weak

King_Mungi
Gladiator is the only really good one, Neutron and Starbolt are bleh!

Newjak
Yeah I'll agree with that

Horrificus
I would have thrown IG Drax into that team.

Horrificus
Why is Surfer's theme an "X"?

What's with the X board and X costume?

Validus
Originally posted by Horrificus
Why is Surfer's theme an "X"?

What's with the X board and X costume?
I kind of look at it as a "What if Silver Surfer was designed by Rob Liefeld?" type of deal.

King_Mungi
Wheres the POUCHES damn it?!!!!!!! IT NEEDS MORE POUCHES

Validus
Too true Mungi. I can't give it the full Liefeld seal of approval because of that.

Horrificus
Unbelievably GAY!

How does stuff like that get into print?

Don't they have anybody at all working at Marvel that is allowed to say: "Hey! Don't draw the Surfer like that! That's an "X" for God's sake! He is the Silver Surfer! People are gonna think we are IDIOTS!"

Maybe they need to creat that position. I volunteer ME!
I can call people "Idiots" with the best of them!

rotiart
Unbelievably GAY!

Don't they have anybody at all working at Marvel that is allowed to say: "Hey! Don't draw the Surfer like that! That's an "X" for God's sake! He is the Silver Surfer! People are gonna think we are IDIOTS!"

They allowed the creation of Demolition man. Squirrel Girl...Flat man... Paste Pot Pete...Jack of Hearts

Need I go on?

course for all of those.. we get Blink, Morg, Terrax, Captain America...

Faceman
Guys you have to read, thats not Surfer its Iceman....

J/K stick out tongue

Roldz
Unbelievably GAY!

Ha! You might be into somethin there man...lol

Rewmac

laughing yes laughing It's soooooooo true...

Juntai
The Imperial Guard isn't impressive in any universe. Besides the Legion of Superheroes you mean. The inspiration for the Guard. wink

Rewmac
Like we are discussing who has lost most of their battles....And I wonder...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Roldz
You know his said this more than once and his always held back so whats to say his not holding back when battling WMThor considering there mission was to saved him.. take a look at how he battled Morg when he was pissed and compared it to battling WMThor, he wasnt tossing asteroid destructive blast considering the guy his battling is far stronger than him...

I believe that Surfer was written poorly in Blood and Thunder, However it was stated by Surfer himself that he would no longer hold back.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by rotiart
which is pretty dumb, considering the reasoning behind WHY he killed the ragnarok tree and the thread was the end the neverending rebirth cycle of the gods.

Thus far it sounds pretty stupid. sad

Omega-level
Heck, 616 Silver Surfer could do it easily. This one wins 10/10.

Rewmac
Which world are you living in?

ThePittman

Rewmac
Same here. I just saw more agression.

Kutulu

Rewmac
How can you hit something you can't see?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.