What If? Wolverine: Enemy of the State

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jade Lightning
All the wolverine fanboys are in for a big treat by the looks of the preview of the newest in the relaunched What If? series coming out on November 29th.

This series stars the mind-controlled Wolverine as he would be if he never snapped out of his superhero rampage, and he proceeds to kill most of the heroes in the Marvel Universe and only a small team remains do defeat him, from the looks of it including Magneto, Sue Storm, and Captain America.

The preview seems to suggest that Logan has killed Moon Knight, Daredevil, Thing, Tony Stark, Black Panther, Archangel, and many others, and leaves us guessing as to the fate of our favorite web-slinger.

The page showcasing Spidey's fight with Logan starts off predictably having Peter with the upper hand, slamming logan into a wall and webbing him there, but when logan rips free and tackles Spidey off the roof, where he panics and shoots webbing to control his decent, the only clue to the climax of the battle is a shot of webbing with a splatter of blood rising from the battle.

I understand logan is quite capable of killing heroes like DD, Black Panther, possibly Thing, and even Iron Man if he caught Tony unawares, but the idea that he's going to beat every single one of them is rediculous, and many agree with me that defeating Spiderman is something highly unlikely.

My question is this: if Wolverine does succeed in killing all of these heroes- Spiderman included- in the What If? series, does that count for a win even though it's a What If? Because i know years ago he killed spiderman from behind in a similar What If?, but I've never seen it referenced.

Here's the link to a preview:http://comics.ign.com/articles/744/744289p1.html

H. S. 6
To your question: No, What If's are not canon continuity, so it will not count.

Let the writers drool over Wolverine and create the stupidest/most rediculous story ever, and it won't mean a thing. stick out tongue

Jade Lightning
Originally posted by H. S. 6
To your question: No, What If's are not canon continuity, so it will not count.

Let the writers drool over Wolverine and create the stupidest/most rediculous story ever, and it won't mean a thing. stick out tongue

My thoughts exactly... but you know, we are more than a decade overdue for a canon Spidey/Wolverine scrap.

The last real one, the graveyard fight was in 1988 I believe, and then there was one in 1993, but that one was just a punch from spidey and a kick from wolverine, and then 2004 I believe when spidey webbed him up, and logan stabbed him in New Avengers. The only real fight was the 1988 fight.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Jade Lightning
My thoughts exactly... but you know, we are more than a decade overdue for a canon Spidey/Wolverine scrap.

The last real one, the graveyard fight was in 1988 I believe, and then there was one in 1993, but that one was just a punch from spidey and a kick from wolverine, and then 2004 I believe when spidey webbed him up, and logan stabbed him in New Avengers. The only real fight was the 1988 fight.

It's because there will never be a clear winner, as long as these two characters remain two of Marvel's biggest cash cows.

It sucks; I agree.

Dinalfos
Wow. This may very well be the comic book equivalent of Ritalin for Wolvie fanboys.

Soljer
This is only SLIGHTLY more realistic than "What if The Punisher Killed the Marvel Universe"

Ugh.

Jade Lightning
Even though I disagree that Wolverine could beat Spiderman, I think that even if the writer feels Wolverine would win, he should know he's not going to kill Peter in one page, the fight would take hours, if not days--- it'd be similar to a Spidey/Morlun showdown.

But if the hints in the preview are any guide, and obviously its not all about Spidey vs Wolverine- it loks like the fight's a short one.

Anyone else wanna venture any guesses as to whether or not he beats Spidey at the end of that panel?

EDIT: Is it me or does it look like Wolvie bursts into flame to escape the webbing?

Scoobless
EDIT: Is it me or does it look like Wolvie bursts into flame to escape the webbing?

Secondary mutation..... no expression

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Scoobless
Secondary mutation..... no expression

Nope.

That's W-Vo.

His secondary mutation is advanced telepathy and telekinesis. And ice vision. And he has three hearts. And super-speed. And a diamond form. And large razor-like fangs, just in case his hands get tied up.

capt it up
this story not rediculous at all if you think about the people he killed.
moon night,dd,thing are all with in his ability to do. tony stark is with in his abbility to do if he catches him by surprize at home. even black panther is no real stretch

The Fake Macoy
I didn't think that things could get much worse than the Enemy of the State storyline. Clearly, I was wrong.

capt it up
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
I didn't think that things could get much worse than the Enemy of the State storyline. Clearly, I was wrong.
what was wrong with enemy of the states?

Please I love to know what logan did that was out side his ability to do

Jade Lightning
Originally posted by capt it up
moon night,dd,thing are all with in his ability to do. tony stark is with in his abbility to do if he catches him by surprize at home. even black panther is no real stretch

I agree with you there, I think DD, Black Panther, and Archangel are well within his ability, as well as Moon KNight. Thing is going to be a battle but I could see him pulling it off, but Tony Stark is a serious stretch if he's in his suit, btu I agree he could pull it off catching him by surprise as he's shown he can in the Vendetta series when he jumped on top of him.

I just don't agree that he could defeat Spider-man, I mean he could, but I don't think he would more often than not. And besides that, Capt I know you agree that it would be a long, drawn out battle either way, and judging by the preview Logan might make quick work of him.

Ultraman Baltan
I don't understand the Spiderman panel at all.

Grimm22
So basically the story is, what if Wolverine's jobber aura went uncontrolled laughing

Validus
The latest batch of What If stories are quite awful.

PRAYERRUN
ya know, I doubt very much that wolverine would kill reed richards. reeds that malibility thing going for him

Omega-level

The story suggests that he has killed most of MU heroes. Yeah, he killed the entire X-men, the FF, most of the Avengers, etc. If you have Magneto or Sue Richards, why do you need to assemble a team to defeat him?

"So basically the story is, what if Wolverine's jobber aura went uncontrolled laughing"

laughing

By the way, in the first What If series, there is a story called "What If The Hulk went beserk". There, he, in his most savage and strong version, manages to kill the Thing, the Human Torch and Iron Man, before Thor kills him. My question is: if a Savage Hulk can be taken down before he makes too much damage, a mind-controlled Wolverine can't? Give me a brake, you stupid fanboys!

SnakeEyes
Hate the art.

Not that I'd be reading this anyway.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Grimm22
So basically the story is, what if Wolverine's jobber aura went uncontrolled laughing

So basically, the story is, what if Marvel wanted to crush Grimm's hopes and dreams by showing that Wolvy can kill Thing smile

Grimm22
edit

Darth Vicious
Wolvie haters are gonna go crazy when this comic hits stand. They gonna hate him even more. smile I also agree that a lot of heroes/villains are whithin his range even Tony Stark could be taken down as when Enemy of the State first came out he didnt havethe Extremis armor. This is a Wolvie that doesnt have no regrets, isnt struggling between the man and the animal. This Wolvie is just gone, devoid of any good in him, the perfect killing machine, what he was created for. As for Spider-Man IMO I think Wolvie can take him down, at least in this state. We all know Spidey doesnt have what it takes to kill and Wolvie wont give it a second thought. Spidey is already dead, the issue is just confirmation.

Validus
The only thing Ironman's lack of Extremis would change is that he wouldn't heal as fast after he whooped Logan's ass.

NiņoAraņa
yeah, spidey's a goner sad dam what ifs....

capt it up

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Validus
The only thing Ironman's lack of Extremis would change is that he wouldn't heal as fast after he whooped Logan's ass.

Didnt the Extremis armor allow him to summon his armor at will as it is in his body now? I thought when EotS hit he was still getting inside his armor which could give Wolvie an edge and get him while he is not in armor. I dont follow IM titles so im not sure.

Alfheim
All the wolverine fanboys are in for a big treat by the looks of the preview of the newest in the relaunched What If? series coming out on November 29th.

This series stars the mind-controlled Wolverine as he would be if he never snapped out of his superhero rampage, and he proceeds to kill most of the heroes in the Marvel Universe and only a small team remains do defeat him, from the looks of it including Magneto, Sue Storm, and Captain America.

The preview seems to suggest that Logan has killed Moon Knight, Daredevil, Thing, Tony Stark, Black Panther, Archangel, and many others, and leaves us guessing as to the fate of our favorite web-slinger.

The page showcasing Spidey's fight with Logan starts off predictably having Peter with the upper hand, slamming logan into a wall and webbing him there, but when logan rips free and tackles Spidey off the roof, where he panics and shoots webbing to control his decent, the only clue to the climax of the battle is a shot of webbing with a splatter of blood rising from the battl

I understand logan is quite capable of killing heroes like DD, Black Panther, possibly Thing, and even Iron Man if he caught Tony unawares, but the idea that he's going to beat every single one of them is rediculous, and many agree with me that defeating Spiderman is something highly unlikely.

My question is this: if Wolverine does succeed in killing all of these heroes- Spiderman included- in the What If? series, does that count for a win even though it's a What If? Because i know years ago he killed spiderman from behind in a similar What If?, but I've never seen it referenced.

Here's the link to a preview:http://comics.ign.com/articles/744/744289p1.html

No im sorry Wolverine is not beating Black Panther.

You give me a break with your constant bashing of wolverine fans. You should really learn to not be such an arrogant prick

Well thats the sort of thing that makes people bash Wolverine fanboys. You tend to be extremely rude.

marvelprince
Won't matter to me. I thought the original Enemy of the State was pretty well done. This What if? is exactly that. A What if? It has no bearings on anything in current continuity so won't affect me in the least. I'll place this even lower than that Wolverine issue where he took out most of the NYC heroes when he was mind-controlled

Besides. He obviously still has his Hydra upgrades so he's able to teleport and stuff. So these fights won't exactly be "fair"

Alfheim
Originally posted by marvelprince

Besides. He obviously still has his Hydra upgrades so he's able to teleport and stuff. So these fights won't exactly be "fair"

Ah. Actually current Wolverine might beat BP, but BP with his ugrades I dont know.

Jade Lightning
That explains why he was able to teleport out of Spiderman's webbing- other than that he was beaten. But enlighten me please as to his other HYDRA upgrades, if there were any.

Grimm22

That is highly unlikely that it will be out of control it likely to only be people logan can take out.

Northstar?!? What the f**k?

capt it up
ya an already injured north star who had been blasted by a sentinal is well with in logans abilities

Soljer

Speedsters job. It's what they do - look at the Flash, or Quicksilver.

Big Sexy
Northstar?!? What the f**k? Hey if slade can do it to flash stick out tongue

marvelprince
That explains why he was able to teleport out of Spiderman's webbing- other than that he was beaten. But enlighten me please as to his other HYDRA upgrades, if there were any.

Not upgrades per say but he got a lot of tech that he was utilizing

Grimm22
ya an already injured north star who had been blasted by a sentinal is well with in logans abilities

Even injured Northstar should still be able to freakin' dodge Wolverine What the f**k?

Disappear
Originally posted by Alfheim
No im sorry Wolverine is not beating Black Panther.

agreed.

The Fake Macoy
Anyone else remember when Northstar owned Sabretooth? Yeah, I remember that.

capt it up
Even injured Northstar should still be able to freakin' dodge Wolverine What the f**k?
really now so a haft dead north star who can barly sit up let a lone dodge is going to dodge a master fighter who has superhuman reflexes
ya that makes sense roll eyes (sarcastic)

Disappear
where are you getting the 'half-dead' idea?

lightaxe
And what's with your typing?

capt it up
Originally posted by Disappear
where are you getting the 'half-dead' idea?
lets see a man with barly enchanced durability took a direct hit from a sentinal and was barly able to stand

Grimm22
really now so a haft dead north star who can barly sit up let a lone dodge is going to dodge a master fighter who has superhuman reflexes
ya that makes sense roll eyes (sarcastic)

Super-Human reflexes?!? What the f**k?

Disappear
dont get into that argument with capt, grimm. that's not what this thread's about, and it's been done way too many times. and it never, ever ends.

if you're alleging that northstar, after being previously thrashed by a sentinel or otherwise injured, would have trouble avoiding wolverine, i can't truly argue. but if we're just going on the basis that a still-brainwashed wolverine is being pitted against a reborn, semi-psychotic northstar, i highly doubt you have a leg to stand on with this 'he can't dodge' argument.

NiņoAraņa
soooo....magnito can't just grab him and fling him into the sun? and wtf is sentry?

willRules

NiņoAraņa

Doc Potato

Omega-level
Ya and that means nothing at all. Marvel always saying things like wolverine vs galactus how ever logan does nothing or the time they said wolverine vs the MU and again he only fought a handle full of people. He going to only kill a few marvel heros not all, the point of them saying he kills most of the marvel universe is to just boost sails.

A few years ago, there was a What If in which Wolverine killed every single villain and later every single hero in the MU. I would not be surprised if they did it again.

That is highly unlikely that it will be out of control it likely to only be people logan can take out.

That's the logical thing to do, but like i said, it would not be the first time Wolverine kills every single Marvel hero in one of those What Ifs. And i still think that killing The Thing is jobbing, although the rest of those heroes we see on the panel is not (if IM is without his armor, of course).

It to boost sales nothing more then that they are just saying they need a team to defeat logan because they need a team who can track and catch Logan. If you notice Logan has a teleporter device and physic blockers not to mention he one of the stealthiest people on the planet. They need a team that can catch him and contain him..

I had not realized that Wolverine had a teleporting device. That sure makes things a lot easier.

You give me a break with your constant bashing of wolverine fans. You should really learn to not be such an arrogant prick

I AM a Wolverine fan. But i am a realistic one. I don't want to see Wolverine fighting the Hulk, like i don't want to see Spider-Man beating Firelord. Wolverine fanboys often put him in a much higher level that he is, like the guy in the versus forum suggesting seriously that The Flash could take Galactus.

Grimm22
I just find it hilarious how in the preview we see Magneto and Sue apparently planning how to take Logan down

Even though either of them could kill him without even thinking twice about it laughing

H. S. 6
I just find it hilarious how in the preview we see Magneto and Sue apparently planning how to take Logan down

Even though either of them could kill him without even thinking twice about it laughing

Magneto: What shall we do, Sue? We're the only remaining beings standing in the way of the almighty... WOLVERINE!

Sue: I know, Magneto. Is there any way we could hope to stop him?

Magneto: I've got it! I'll use my magnetic powers. Wolverine has a metallic skeleton. It's the perfect plan!

Sue: ...

Magneto: Anything?

Sue: ...No. That'll never work. Keep thinking, though. There has to be a way!

laughing

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Magneto: What shall we do, Sue? We're the only remaining beings standing in the way of the almighty... WOLVERINE!

Sue: I know, Magneto. Is there any way we could hope to stop him?

Magneto: I've got it! I'll use my magnetic powers. Wolverine has a metallic skeleton. It's the perfect plan!

Sue: ...

Magneto: Anything?

Sue: ...No. That'll never work. Keep thinking, though. There has to be a way!

laughing

capt it up
Super-Human reflexes?!? What the f**k?
yes super-human reflexes

capt it up
Originally posted by Doc Potato
Yeah... the illiterate fanboy thing really suits you...
BITE ME

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.