Why don't they do a JSA movie?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tonnochi
It would be awesome. Johnny Sorrow would have to be in it, he's my favorite villain of all time.

H. S. 6
Because it would tank?

Scoobless
Because no-one gives a sh!t about the JSA!

no expression

Validus
Because Blade as a character was setting the comic world on fire back in 1998. . .

A team up movie would be expensive to make but I'm dying to see one happen.

Ultraman Baltan
What's JSA?

DigiMark007
I think it'd be cool if they did an "old-style" movie where they showed the original team. Alan, Jay, the orginal Fair Play guy (I forget his name)....all the others.

They could have a cool hero film while, at the same time, poking fun of the Golden and Silver Ages of comics.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Tonnochi
It would be awesome. Johnny Sorrow would have to be in it, he's my favorite villain of all time.

There is more of a chance of that being made into animated movies since thats the direction DC and WB are taling with a lot of projects.

roughrider
An animated direct-to-DVD film, maybe.
Live action - who would care?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Validus
Because Blade as a character was setting the comic world on fire back in 1998. . .

A team up movie would be expensive to make but I'm dying to see one happen.

Blade was a movie that attracted a general audience because of its horror/vampire theme. A JSA movie would not have that luxury. wink

boriquaking55
It would bomb

Tonnochi
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Because it would tank?

Ya, well.....Harry Potter sucks.

j/k

Validus
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Blade was a movie that attracted a general audience because of its horror/vampire theme. A JSA movie would not have that luxury. wink
Says who again?

I'm not too interested in debating this but lets just say I disagree.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
Says who again?

I'm not too interested in debating this but lets just say I disagree. I agree with the part of it feeding off the vampire goth crazy in the 90s. Things like Anne Rice's books kicking ass, the whole host of 20 or so vampire movies, the games-- tabletop and video.

I think a JSA movie would be great though.
Probably the best superteam imo. Certainly the best superteam title.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Juntai
I think a JSA movie would be great though.
Probably the best superteam imo. Certainly the best superteam title.

You have obviously have a deprived comic library or you would know that the best teams is the GLA/GLX/GLD/GLC (Great Lakes Avengers/X-Men/Defenders/Champions)

stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Hell, Tank Girl got a friggin movie. JSA deserves one too.

Scoobless
Tank Girl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JSA

yes

King_Mungi
uhhhh...the Tank Girl movie was horrible

chris_64256
JSA movie would be better than that bullshit called Daredevil..

Scoobless
DareDevil was alright... Bullseye kicked ass!

Doc Potato
Originally posted by chris_64256
JSA movie would be better than that bullshit called Daredevil.. Daredevil: DC kicks most comic movies' hinds into next century.
And the "Fair Play Guy" is Mr Terrific... God, just imagine how corny a movie with Mr Terrific, Atom (if he wore the original costume), Sandy the Golden Boy and the Star freakin' Spangled kid could be... I reckon a movie could start with the JSA doing some super-mission and it explains how some of 'em don't age. Cut to the modern day. Some kind of old JSA get-together... evil guys attack nearby... old and new heroes team up... You get the idea. But they'd have to edit the cornier-than-Hell costumes of most of the classic heroes...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.