Darth Maul as a force user

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
I wonder, how was Darth Maul when weilding the force? (No saber) Was he anything special, was he good at all, did he have a special talent? How high would you put him in the PT order, about what grade? Like between Kit Fisto and Ki-Adi Mundi for example.

Well since I've seen similair threads like this here, and that it actually puts Maul in a vs match (comparing him against other force users, just no specific ones) I decided to put it here...

Prodigal Knight
Well....Maul has good strength and skill in the lightsaber. As for the Force....

Maul, as we have seen in the movie, can do a Force Pull and Force Push. And this is supposed to be Maul's greatest task, and he doesn't pull out anything extraodinary.

I believe Maul's Force powers are:

- Force Rage
- Force Shield (at a very minor degree, however he was able to resist Lightning)
- Force Pull
- Force Push
- Jedi Mind Trick
- Force Speed

kamikz
You forgot grip! stick out tongue

Didn't he pull of anything in Shadow Hunter? I don't remember very well, but didn't he pull something of with the force when he fought those jedi in Shadowhunter?. (That Anoon and some other)
Since Sidious took him as an apprentice, his potential should have been high, some people in the Star Wars universe even belived him to be the sith'ari (which he was not for what we know, but still...). Shouldn't he have more impressive force powers?

Prodigal Knight
Well he was only twenty-four or so. Sidious trained him up in the lightsaber and I believe afterwards he would go into the instruction of higher Force techniques.

darthsith19
Maul was 22, and he was good with the Force, he was just alot betetr with a saber then he was with the Force.

kamikz
Hmm, people always say different ages for him, some have said 28, some 25, others 24 and finally DS said 22. Which one is correct really?

Maul should have had a potential to be a good force user though, I don't belive Sidious would take one with crappy potential.
But anyway, is Maul on a force user level on par with people like, let's say Ki-Adi Mundi and Kit Fisto? Would he beat them? Or Plo?

darthsith19
I dunno, at most even with Plo I'd say, probably not quite that good. On par with Mundi and Fisto sounds pretty accurate.

Captain REX
He's Obi-Wan's age, or very close. 22 is the age on Wookieepedia, and I'll go with that.

Dessel
Well I don't think Plo is actually that strong in the force, he just knows a lot of nifty force powers. But I'd put both Fisto (his 'force water orbs' in the CW cartoon were pretty powerful) and Mundi definitely above him in the force. Check this out, it happens in Outlander, and this is when Mundi is bruised and fatigued:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5659/blz12ck4.th.jpg

jollyjim311
He has extensive knowledge of the dark side, but, for the most part, I believe he uses the force to amplify physical abilities instead of outright attacks. He has been known to use push, pull, and choke, though.

kamikz
Yup, he seems to have a pretty good resistance to force powers as well. He basically never gets tired, and Zabraks take alot of damage normally, so he ain't gonna go down by tossing him into walls for a long time.(pushes etc.) He is seen to resist two handed lightning that seemed to be very powerful. (Though the power of lightning is different in many others, I belive he could take quite a punch from it, it is also blockable with a lightsaber).

I guess Maul at the time was pretty much as you say, a nearly unbeatable opponent when it comes to sword fighting that uses the force more to enhance himself, and is pretty well resistant to others powers instead of countering them with his own.

jollyjim311
He resisted the lightning due to "Far superior dark-side knowledge." (Ultimate Visual Guide) This proves that just because he doesn't use lightning doesn't mean his force powers are lacking. He has a better understanding of the dark side than someone who knows lightning.

kamikz
Yup, I doubt anyone could easily take down Maul by only using the force, (not counting force gods, and other such beings) and in swordsmanship he is one of the best, so he makes up for his force lacking I guess. Oh well, is it settled that his force powers are around Kit Fistos and Mundi's at his age of 22?

Dessel
His raw power wasn't anything special, he displayed some pretty good sensitivity to the force in Shadowhunter but he's a far more capable warrior than he is force user.

kamikz
Hmm, I wonder, why did he get picked by Sidious then? I mean, if he didn't have a good raw power?

Escape81
Originally posted by kamikz
Hmm, I wonder, why did he get picked by Sidious then? I mean, if he didn't have a good raw power?

Dessel's assumption is wrong. Raw power and energy were some of Maul's best attributes. Sure, his potential didn't weigh up there with Anakin, but he was a prime example of fighting ability. Strong, fast, extremely agile, an overwhelming duelist and master of multiple martial arts.

I'd say Maul would kick Anakin's ass in unarmed combat.

I'm sure his knowledge and study of the Force is considerable, and the Visual Guide labels him as 'one of the deadliest Sith Apprentices ever'.

Dessel
Originally posted by Escape81
Dessel's assumption is wrong. Raw power and energy were some of Maul's best attributes. Sure, his potential didn't weigh up there with Anakin, but he was a prime example of fighting ability. Strong, fast, extremely agile, an overwhelming duelist and master of multiple martial arts.

I'd say Maul would kick Anakin's ass in unarmed combat.

I'm sure his knowledge and study of the Force is considerable, and the Visual Guide labels him as 'one of the deadliest Sith Apprentices ever'.

I was talking raw power as in thr force.

Mider999
he must be strong if he can block force lightning, i thought only upper level sith users could use force lightning, dooku for one and of course the big boys like sidious and such. Anyway i put him on obi wans level they pretty much stalemated till obi wan took him out but only cause maul just didnt finish him off when he should have perhaps if he had stayed alive he'd been equal to obi wan in power, and obi wan though i dont like him is pretty good, takes out guys like durge, and general grevous.

Escape81
Dooku has resisted Force lightning when he was prepared for it, and he can catch it. Maul took it, full on, and though it injured him, he resisted it considerably, and then crushed the one who used it against him. I'd say, due to his intense physical state and extreme raw power, he possesses intense resistance to Force based attacks, or physical attacks in general.

Mider999
who used force lightning on maul

Escape81
A Nightsister, working for Black Sun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.