Greatest/Worset PIS EVER?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
What is your pick for the absolute mother of all PIS ever in all of comic books?

SpunkySmurph
Supes still being alive no expression

Entity
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Supes still being alive no expression

co-sign
co-sign
co-sign
co-sign
so freakin much co-sign

After all the crap he has had thrown at him. But he's Superman so NOTHING will ever be enough, except for a big monster beating the shit outta him.

Which bring me to my choise. Superman coming back by REFUSING to stay dead.........W............T.............F............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON!!!

DigiMark007
Batman still being alive.

Hell, anyone with more than 5 appearences still being alive.

Validus
Flying men in tights

batdude123
A person who can make anything happen with enough will power.

Big Sexy
People that can hold a black hole in their hand.

batdude123
A person with a magical hammer.

Validus
Fanboys taking shots at each other

batdude123
A person with a Wildcats sig.

NoFate007
Magic in general. Period.

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
A person with a Wildcats sig.
Because Superman/Batman is a far superior book to Wildcats 3.0 laughing out loud

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Because Superman/Batman is a far superior book to Wildcats 3.0 laughing out loud

Never was a fan of Wildcats. thumb down

Ultraman Baltan
Wolverine.

Soleran
Originally posted by Entity
What is your pick for the absolute mother of all PIS ever in all of comic books?
Originally posted by Validus
Flying men in tights

Validus
Never was a fan of Wildcats. thumb down
Neither was I until 3.0

Soljer
ON TOPIC, though.....

Superboy taking out damn near the entire Green Lantern Corps?

Slade tagging the Flash?

long pig
Slade tagging an unbloodlusted Flash is more understandable than Batman tagging Slade..or any streetlevel tagging Slade. He's too fast for it by miles. The Slade/GL fight was pure assfoam.

Anytime Strange doesn't manipulate time.
Strange not being able to cure Wong from Cancer...even though he's done it before.

DigiMark007
Just for reference:

Noir Wildcats sig >>> batdude's year-old sig.

stick out tongue

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Just for reference:

stick out tongue

Sorry to batdude, but cosigned.

However, Soljer's no-sig > Digi's annoying scrolling deal.

Newjak
Well not everyone has the ability to make a new sig everyday.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Just for reference:

stick out tongue

Originally posted by Soljer

laughing out loud

...agreed. But I'm amused that it's mildly annoying. This is why only Mods have special sig privileges. Can you imagine if everyone had one like mine?

I promise it'll be gone in a few days (unless it isn't).

confused

Scoobless

Co-sign.... in fact if you look at it when it isn't moving you'll see that it kind of sucks anyway:

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/6069/tonyoh8km9.jpg

sick

stick out tongue

Juntai
Originally posted by Entity
co-sign
co-sign
co-sign
co-sign
so freakin much co-sign

After all the crap he has had thrown at him. But he's Superman so NOTHING will ever be enough, except for a big monster beating the shit outta him.

Which bring me to my choise. Superman coming back by REFUSING to stay dead.........W............T.............F............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON!!! It wasn't supposed to happen. Superboy Prime caused it. big grin

Grimm22
Prof. X ever being a threat to Magneto no expression

willRules
Originally posted by Grimm22

confused I don't really consider that C.I.S or P.I.S I personally feel that Chuck is a threat to Mags and would be a much greater one if it weren't for that darn helmet yes

batdude123
Originally posted by willRules
confused I don't really consider that C.I.S or P.I.S I personally feel that Chuck is a threat to Mags and would be a much greater one if it weren't for that darn helmet yes

His helmet protecting him from telepathy is a MYTH. Check the Magneto Respect thread (specifically pages 7 and 8).

Accel
It's "worsest." If you're going to use a made-up word, at least spell it correctly.

Rewmac
1. IC #7 - SBP vs. GL Corps

Freezing them huh??? Come on...

2. Batman vs. Grundy (Joeph Loeb version)

3. Superman vs. Darkseid (OE has no effect on Supes, WTF??)

4. Quasar vs. Surfer (why the hell did he sent the Power Cosmic back to Surfer???)

5. Take a pick

roughrider
A person with a magical hammer.

Very funny, considering said person is a God who's actually been worshipped, rather than having sprung from the minds of a pair of teenage comic book geeks. smile

Batman kicks the air out of a Hulk holding his breath, in Batman vs. Hulk. roll eyes (sarcastic) I dare anyone to top that.

batdude123
Originally posted by roughrider
Very funny, considering said person is a God who's actually been worshipped, rather than having sprung from the minds of a pair of teenage comic book geeks. smile

I really don't see the difference, considering they're both MYTHS.

SpunkySmurph

erm

No.

batdude123
erm

No.

Yeah... actually it is rubbish.

masterbruce
Batman bring the only being EVER to dodge Darkseid's omega beams.

boriquaking55
Deadpool surviving blackholes. I swear I lost 10 IQ points just reading that confused

bigbran
Drax killing Thanos.

SpunkySmurph
Yeah... actually it is rubbish.

I dont think that either one is better then the other, and I'm a big fan of both, and am impartial- but I think they can both be deadly.

Consider this- I know Mags' helmet is little more then a fashion statement, (until the writers started basing their info off of the movie erm ), but the fact is, while Mags' may possess a second-to-none iron will and strength of mind capable of even holding Xavier at bay, when he does so, he needs to use his entire mind- completley focussed on nothing other then protecting himself, and his thoughts.

Yes, he has a million and one ways to take out the cripple- but he can't do that if his mind is being attacked. No, I'm not saying he would be mindraped, or even lose. But the fact is, that alone makes each of them a very real threat to the other.

Grimm22

Hmm, lets see

A crippled bald man who has nothing better to do than recruit teenagers as superheros a threat to a guy who can manipulate magnetism no expression

....yeah

Grimm22
Originally posted by long pig
The Slade/GL fight was pure assfoam.

True erm

But, all that really happened was that Kyle thought he was Hal and had the ability to super bear punch.

capt it up
Hmm, lets see

A crippled bald man who has nothing better to do than recruit teenagers as superheros a threat to a guy who can manipulate magnetism no expression

....yeah
he also happen to be the strongest telepath not to mention the most skilled.

Grimm22
Originally posted by capt it up
he also happen to be the strongest telepath not to mention the most skilled.

Strongest Telepath?!? What the f**k?

I'm pretty sure, Jean, Rachel, Franklin, Quentien Quire all outrank him by leaps and bounds no expression

SpunkySmurph

I'm pretty sure, Jean, Rachel, Franklin, Quentien Quire all outrank him by leaps and bounds no expression

roll eyes (sarcastic) I bet their no threat to Mags either

batdude123
Consider this- I know Mags' helmet is little more then a fashion statement, (until the writers started basing their info off of the movie erm ), but the fact is, while Mags' may possess a second-to-none iron will and strength of mind capable of even holding Xavier at bay, when he does so, he needs to use his entire mind- completley focussed on nothing other then protecting himself, and his thoughts.

Magneto has taken Xavier's full wrath of a telepathic attack and was still able to knock him the f*ck out. Even with Xavier in his mind, he could still manipulate electromagnetism.

And all the times he's attacked Magneto's mind was w/o any shielding... when Magneto has his shields up Xavier even admits that he cannot penetrate them alone.

capt it up

franklin not really a telepath.

jean ahs more power ever she not nearly as controled as professor x.

acting neither jean or reachal are stronger then prof. x with out the use of the pheniox

SpunkySmurph
Magneto has taken Xavier's full wrath of a telepathic attack and was still able to knock him the f*ck out. Even with Xavier in his mind, he could still manipulate electromagnetism.

And all the times he's attacked Magneto's mind was w/o any shielding... when Magneto has his shields up Xavier even admits that he cannot penetrate them alone.

1. But Xavier has won battles too
2. I'm pretty sure Charles can access Mags' mind faster then he can put a shields up
3. Again, I'm not saying Mags would lose by any measure, just that Xavier is not a pushover, and shouldnt be discredited

Grimm22

jean ahs more power ever she not nearly as controled as professor x.

acting neither jean or reachal are stronger then prof. x with out the use of the pheniox

First, Franklin is actually a telepath no expression

And Rachel and Jean's powers ARE the phoenix force

bigbran
No, he is more of a reality manipulator telepath. (still a telepath)
X-Man would also outclass Xavier.

Grimm22
roll eyes (sarcastic) I bet their no threat to Mags either

Omega Level mutants >>> Magneto

capt it up
Originally posted by bigbran
ya i mean he not a pure telepath.

x-man is no longer in 616 so he un countable

capt it up
Omega Level mutants >>> Magneto
charles is an omega level mutant

Grimm22

True erm

However, Franklin does have the ability to use telepathy, he just has never put much thought into it

Doh, forgot about X-man stick out tongue

Grimm22

Um no expression

No, he isn't

Hell, its pushing it by saying he's Alpha

bigbran
Omega Level mutants >>> Magneto Nope. Magneto is supposedly enough to beat Galactus.
First, he has the power to make the UN, then he also has the power to suck Galactus dry( not a gay comment)... no expression

Grimm22
Nope. Magneto is supposedly enough to beat Galactus.
First, he has the power to make the UN, then he also has the power to suck Galactus dry( not a gay comment)... no expression

MasterBruce? confused

capt it up
First, Franklin is actually a telepath no expression

And Rachel and Jean's powers ARE the phoenix force
not true really since they both have not had it before as well. Both with out pheonix are only alphas

batdude123
1. But Xavier has won battles too
2. I'm pretty sure Charles can access Mags' mind faster then he can put a shields up
3. Again, I'm not saying Mags would lose by any measure, just that Xavier is not a pushover, and shouldnt be discredited

1. Yes... after Magneto had fought the entire X-Men squad and after being stabbed in the gut by Wolverine.

Erik has taken Charle's full out assaults three other times and was able to subdue Xavier.

2. That's just the thing... he can still access his powers when Charles is in his mind.

3. Oh, I know... it's just that Magneto is above Xavier. erm

bigbran
ya i mean he not a pure telepath.

x-man is no longer in 616 so he un countable I meant to say that his mind was powerful enough to do these things.

I was thinking of X-Man when he was their... wait, he is gone?

capt it up
Um no expression

No, he isn't

Hell, its pushing it by saying he's Alpha
actaully he is they recent stated it when they found scot second brother.

not to mention beast logan arch angle are all alphas.

man you really don't know crap some times

bigbran
not true really since they both have not had it before as well. Both with out pheonix are only alphas Without the Phoenix Force, I wouldn't even call them going near Alpha.

capt it up
I meant to say that his mind was powerful enough to do these things.

I was thinking of X-Man when he was their... wait, he is gone?
of course not when was the last time you saw him? he went back to his own time

batdude123

Xavier is definitely NOT an omega.

bigbran
actaully he is they recent stated it when they found scot second brother.

not to mention beast logan arch angle are all alphas.

man you really don't know crap some times When did Wolverine, Beast, and Arch Angle become Alphas?

Grimm22
not true really since they both have not had it before as well. Both with out pheonix are only alphas

The Phoenix Force was created as a stupid copout by Marvel to retcon the Dark Phoenix Saga.

I go by John Bryne, ideology, thus there is no phoenix force, Jean is the Phoenix, as is Rachel

capt it up
Without the Phoenix Force, I wouldn't even call them going near Alpha.
jean was stated with out it as an alpha and a a class telepath

bigbran
of course not when was the last time you saw him? he went back to his own time Whatever, Cable full potential, is also more than Xavier.

Grimm22

man you really don't know crap some times

no expression....

laughing rolling on floor laughing eek!

leonidas
greatest pis? reed and the nullifier resetting the ebtire multiverse, anyone . . .?

shifty

big grin

bigbran
jean was stated with out it as an alpha and a a class telepath I really wouldn't have her on the same level as Apocalypse. (minus jobbing)

capt it up
Xavier is definitely NOT an omega.
hey niot my fault they said it in the genisis saga remebr when they were looking for prof. x and they said the power level is an omega level it must be the professor

bigbran
Originally posted by leonidas
greatest pis? reed and the nullifier resetting the ebtire multiverse, anyone . . .?

shifty

big grin I still say he only remade the universe.

capt it up
When did Wolverine, Beast, and Arch Angle become Alphas?
lets see hmm since they started lol.

AOA even states mult times that logan is an alpha.

most every one on the x-men team is an alpha

capt it up
no expression....

laughing rolling on floor laughing eek!
you can laugh but you been wrong during this whole discussuion

capt it up
I really wouldn't have her on the same level as Apocalypse. (minus jobbing)
just becuase your an alpha does not mean your equal in power to another alpha

leonidas
I still say he only remade the universe.

you are a very sane man, bb . . .

batdude123
hey niot my fault they said it in the genisis saga remebr when they were looking for prof. x and they said the power level is an omega level it must be the professor

He's already been established as an alpha level mutant. Magneto is more powerful than Charles is.

bigbran
lets see hmm since they started lol.

AOA even states mult times that logan is an alpha.

most every one on the x-men team is an alpha I thought you didn't want to use Cyke blowing off Logan's arm in AOA, since you said it wasn't canon, now you want to use the same storyline as proof, so you can make Logan, an Alpha?
None of those guys are Alpha, in fact, Archy is one of the weakest members of the team.Originally posted by capt it up
just becuase your an alpha does not mean your equal in power to another alpha
I know this, but I was using Apoc as a guage.
How about I use Magneto then?
None of the guys you mentioned are close to Magneto. (the only ones are Rachel and Jean, and even they aren't close)

Grimm22
There are only a few omega mutants...

Jean, Rachael, Elixir, Mr. M, Franklin, Nate Grey, Vulcan, Mr. Immortal, Iceman and Kid Omega, also, apparently New Sun erm

Alphas are also very rare

Off the top of my head the only alphas I can think of are...

Magneto, Hellion, Apocalypse, Scarlet Witch and possibly Madrox

Grimm22
I thought you didn't want to use Cyke blowing off Logan's arm in AOA, since you said it wasn't canon, now you want to use the same storyline as proof, so you can make Logan, an Alpha?
None of those guys are Alpha, in fact, Archy is one of the weakest members of the team.

Co-Signed

Wolverine as an alpha?!? What the f**k?

Only Capt would say something like that

capt it up
Co-Signed

Wolverine as an alpha?!? What the f**k?

Only Capt would say something like that
why becuase he is? becuase he been stated too? hell most every mutant is an alpha. I list the comics tommarrow

SpunkySmurph
1. Yes... after Magneto had fought the entire X-Men squad and after being stabbed in the gut by Wolverine.

Erik has taken Charle's full out assaults three other times and was able to subdue Xavier.

2. That's just the thing... he can still access his powers when Charles is in his mind.

3. Oh, I know... it's just that Magneto is above Xavier. erm

Well, thats fair. I'm just acknowledging that either can be fair threats in their own right, and towards eachother as well

I go by John Bryne, ideology, thus there is no phoenix force, Jean is the Phoenix, as is Rachel

You can go by whatever you want. You're still wrong.

batdude123
There are only a few omega mutants...

Jean, Rachael, Elixir, Mr. M, Franklin, Nate Grey, Vulcan, Mr. Immortal, Iceman and Kid Omega, also, apparently New Sun erm

Alphas are also very rare

Off the top of my head the only alphas I can think of are...

Magneto, Hellion, Apocalypse, Scarlet Witch and possibly Madrox

You and bb apparently don't understand what an Alpha level mutant is.

Wolverine, along with Scott, and Ororo are also very much indeed alphas as well as MANY others.

capt it up
He's already been established as an alpha level mutant. Magneto is more powerful than Charles is.
when was that? I never actaully seen him referred to an alpha ever actaully.

Grimm22
Why because he is? Because he been stated too be? Hell, nearly every mutant is an alpha. I will list the comics tomorrow

Grammar and Spelling fixed no expression

capt it up

Wolverine, along with Scott, and Ororo are also very much indeed alphas as well as MANY others.
yup and yet they are acting as if I am a fanboy becuase I said logan beast and archangle are all alphas

bigbran
why becuase he is? becuase he been stated too? hell most every mutant is an alpha. I list the comics tommarrow Not that I agree or anything, but what is the purpose of Alpha, if everyone is one?
I remember when being an Alpha struck fear in the heart of a great many, now we are calling Wolverine one?
As far as I see it, Alpha is the second strongest class of mutants. Then there are some powerful ones, and then there are some normal ones.
Are we seriously calling Wolverine/Beast/ArchAngle in the same weight class as God Cable?

Grimm22

Alpha = Apocalypse no expression

Apocalypse = Wolverine?!?! What the f**k? laughing

batdude123
why becuase he is? becuase he been stated too? hell most every mutant is an alpha. I list the comics tommarrow

Yep, pretty much any mutant that doesn't have a passive mutant ability is considered one. yes

Grimm22
Not that I agree or anything, but what is the purpose of Alpha, if everyone is one?
I remember when being an Alpha struck fear in the heart of a great many, now we are calling Wolverine one?
As far as I see it, Alpha is the second strongest class of mutants. Then there are some powerful ones, and then there are some normal ones.
Are we seriously calling Wolverine/Beast/ArchAngle in the same weight class as God Cable?

Co-Signed wink

bigbran

Wolverine, along with Scott, and Ororo are also very much indeed alphas as well as MANY others. I have no idea if your joking or not, but I'll say that Alpha has certainly gone downhill.
I also thought that current Storm was supposedly an Omega?

capt it up

you are such a retard some times. go read up on what an alpha level mutant means

batdude123

I can see my statement about you not understanding what it truly is was correct. laughing out loud

Like capt said, just because you are listed as an alpha doesn't mean you are = to other alphas. It's simply a genus of mutants who don't have a passive ability.

bigbran
Yep, pretty much any mutant that doesn't have a passive mutant ability is considered one. yes Well, they certainly f*cked up the mutants in Marvel nowadays.

capt it up
I have no idea if your joking or not, but I'll say that Alpha has certainly gone downhill.
you either an omega or your not. You can nor turn into an omega.

they start stating alpha and omega and such during aoa and since they started the leveling logan has always been an alpha

bigbran

they start stating alpha and omega and such during aoa and since they started the leveling logan has always been an alpha Well, now Marvel has really screwed up the good old days of mutants.Originally posted by batdude123
I can see my statement about you not understanding what it truly is was correct. laughing out loud

Like capt said, just because you are listed as an alpha doesn't mean you are = to other alphas. It's simply a genus of mutants who don't have a passive ability. No, but it means you are around that level.
What do you think Superman level means, or Herald level means?

batdude123

I'll pretend like I didn't hear that... sick

Grimm22

Like capt said, just because you are listed as an alpha doesn't mean you are = to other alphas. It's simply a genus of mutants who don't have a passive ability.

I know what you are saying no expression

However, Alpha is also a power level for mutants no expression

Grimm22

Only if Reggie Hudlin has his way eek!

And if he does, he's going to make Luke Cage Class 100, Brother Voodo more powerful than Dr. Strange and Falcon a cosmic being laughing

bigbran
I'll pretend like I didn't hear that... sick I thought it was stated in comics, just like your idea of mutants, so if you ignore this, then I'll go back to old days of mutants.

Also, if we put Storm at an Omega, and Magneto is an Alpha...

Soljer
Alpha is pretty much ANY mutant who has an active (agressive?) power. Beta mutants have passive powers.

Omega's have A) unlimited potential and B) the ability to exist as energy.

Damn near every on-panel mutant is an Alpha mutant. Then the ones that...say...have the ability to turn blue, are beta.

That's it.

smile.

EDIT: Oh, and if Storm 'becomes' omega-class, I am going to boycott marvel. And I love marvel, so I really don't want to have to do that.

batdude123

they start stating alpha and omega and such during aoa and since they started the leveling logan has always been an alpha

Not true. There are also Beta, Delta, and Epsilon level mutants as well.

batdude123
No, but it means you are around that level.
What do you think Superman level means, or Herald level means?

It's not the same with Alpha level mutants.

Grimm22
Marvel has started stating Alpha as a power level, rather than a term level no expression

batdude123
when was that? I never actaully seen him referred to an alpha ever actaully.

It was in the Xavier protocals IIRC.

batdude123
I thought it was stated in comics, just like your idea of mutants, so if you ignore this, then I'll go back to old days of mutants.

Also, if we put Storm at an Omega, and Magneto is an Alpha...

No, she could possibly be an Omega, nothing more. There's a HUGE difference. Don't get information directly from the Storm fanboys on here. sick

Magneto has owned Storm so many times it's hard to keep track of.

Soljer
No, she could possibly be an Omega, nothing more. There's a HUGE difference. Don't get information directly from the Storm fanboys on here. sick

There aren't nearly enough 'greater than' signs in the known universe to describe how much better Magneto truly is than Storm.

If she's an omega, someone's gonna get letter bombed.
stick out tongue.

bigbran

Magneto has owned Storm so many times it's hard to keep track of. Could possibly be an Omega is still more than Magneto.

batdude123
There aren't nearly enough 'greater than' signs in the known universe to describe how much better Magneto truly is than Storm.

If she's an omega, someone's gonna get letter bombed.
stick out tongue.

Exactly. And "Omega" is just a title imo. Magneto would own her either way.

batdude123
Could possibly be an Omega is still more than Magneto.

His power is greatly more diversified than her's is.

bigbran
His power is greatly more diversified than her's is. But she being an Omega, she would have some serious powers.

batdude123
But she being an Omega, she would have some serious powers.

She's an alpha. Her being stated as a possible Omega is a farce. She's not one. Magneto is more powerful than she is.

Grimm22

The day that Storm > Magneto is the day that Wolverine >>> Magneto laughing

Grimm22
She's an alpha. Her being stated as a possible Omega is a farce. She's not one. Magneto is FAR more powerful than she is.

Fixed big grin

batdude123
The day that Storm > Magneto is the day that Wolverine >>> Magneto laughing

Pretty much, considering he's owned her on many MANY different occassions.

SpunkySmurph
His power is greatly more diversified than her's is.

And he's a master of it, dwarfing her control and knowledge over her powers

bigbran
She's an alpha. Her being stated as a possible Omega is a farce. She's not one. Magneto is more powerful than she is. I'm just being a dick.

I am still going to think of the old ways of mutants.
That means, that Wolverine will have to roll around in some gamma radiation to become an Alpha. Beast will have to merge with Tanaraq(not full power). Archangle will have to get some Celestial tech to be one.

capt it up
logan always been an alpha they may of even stated it in the protocal.

capt it up
your born into a level you don't become the level.

mageneto has beaten iceman yet iceman is an omega

bigbran
logan always been an alpha they may of even stated it in the protocal. So even back in the day, he was on a level with Apoc?
He was above all of his fellow X-Men?

bigbran
your born into a level you don't become the level.

mageneto has beaten iceman yet iceman is an omega You believe Magneto could beat current Iceman?

Also, this whole Omega idea wasn't created back when Iceman was made.
They just thought of the idea a little while ago.
He has just mutated into his final form.

capt it up
So even back in the day, he was on a level with Apoc?
He was above all of his fellow X-Men?
dude get it through your ****ing head that being an alpha does not make you as powerful as another alpha.

your either an alpha or your not you can't turn into an alpha.

scot,logan,beast,angle and so on have been alpha since they began what is so hard for you to comprehend?

capt it up
You believe Magneto could beat current Iceman?

Also, this whole Omega idea wasn't created back when Iceman was made.
They just thought of the idea a little while ago.
He has just mutated into his final form.
true some what alpha been around a few years. like since aoa maybe longer. that a good 10 years or more.

also iceman has always since day one been said to have almsot unlimited potential he just neevr cared to use it.

current iceman most likly not how ever lorania did kick his ass during the wedding of her and havok

bigbran
dude get it through your ****ing head that being an alpha does not make you as powerful as another alpha.

your either an alpha or your not you can't turn into an alpha.

scot,logan,beast,angle and so on have been alpha since they began what is so hard for you to comprehend? Actually, Apoc was the meaning of Alpha back in the day.
So that would also mean that he wasn't an Alpha back then.

Now-a-days though, they have changed that, to mean just a mutant place.

capt it up
Actually, Apoc was the meaning of Alpha back in the day.
So that would also mean that he wasn't an Alpha back then.

Now-a-days though, they have changed that, to mean just a mutant place.
they came out with level system during apoc run so ya every one was alpha back then. apoc never ment alpha he was just some bad ass you think to much into this whole apoc crap. aoa was made off of the whole apoc thing and they have stated that archangle, logan, beast, scot and so on were all alphas

bigbran
they came out with level system during apoc run so ya every one was alpha back then. apoc never ment alpha he was just some bad ass you think to much into this whole apoc crap. aoa was made off of the whole apoc thing and they have stated that archangle, logan, beast, scot and so on were all alphas You do realize that technically they haven't always been Alpha?
They weren't when they were created. They weren't created to be, in about 30 years someone is going to state them as Alphas.

So they weren't always... now I'm just being a dick...

capt it up
You do realize that technically they haven't always been Alpha?
They weren't when they were created. They weren't created to be, in about 30 years someone is going to state them as Alphas.

So they weren't always... now I'm just being a dick...
what else is new your normally being a dick lol.

fine then logan went from being a reall wolverine to a human wolverine with spiderman strength to being a mutant who had a healing factor.

wolverine was not orignal ment to be a mutant with a healing factor so ya the same thing could be said for him as well.

Grimm22
what else is new your normally being a dick lol.

fine then logan went from being a reall wolverine to a human wolverine with spiderman strength to being a mutant who had a healing factor.

wolverine was not orignal ment to be a mutant with a healing factor so ya the same thing could be said for him as well.

Wolverine has never had Spider-Man Strength no expression

the Darkone
Sue beating a Celestail the most powerful one Exitar with her shield What the f**k? was that.

She-Hulk beating the Champion of the Universe.

Booster Gold beating Superman.

GL vs Slade, What the f**k? was that.

Deathstroke taging Wonder Woman in a fight double What the f**k?.

Superman dodging OE, What the f**k? the world is coming to.

Superman defeating Darkseid, avart still What the f**k?

the list goes on.

Alfheim

However, Soljer's no-sig

I was gonna say why. Why haven't you at least got a pic yet?

xmarksthespot
Yep, pretty much any mutant that doesn't have a passive mutant ability is considered one. yes Hmm not quite true. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by passive. Involuntarily activated? Defensive? Or just plain useless? Because I'd only really go with the third category.
Alpha has always simply been a relatively undefined and broad category to describe characters with X-Men level powers. Useful powers. Practical powers. Offensive and defensive and miscellaneous.
Jamie Braddock's power is involuntary.
Mystique originally (before upgrade) didn't have offensive application to her powers.
Both are still Alphas.

Mindship
Magic
the Batkick
Storm beating WW
Wolverine beating Lobo
Sue's force fields on par with cosmics

Juntai
Originally posted by Mindship
Magic
the Batkick
Storm beating WW
Wolverine beating Lobo
Sue's force fields on par with cosmics You mean that same wavelength as the comic gods crap they did for Sue?They could have totally found better ways to make her more interesting than that crap.

Scoobless
Wonder Man jobbing to the Green Goblin

shock

Grimm22
Originally posted by Mindship
Magic
the Batkick
Storm beating WW
Wolverine beating Lobo
Sue's force fields on par with cosmics

Sue isnt on the same level as most cosmics erm

However I would say she at full power can be considered a low-level cosmic

Mindship
Sue isnt on the same level as most cosmics erm
She shouldn't be.

However I would say she at full power can be considered a low-level cosmic
What?!
This is what I find bogus. For me, it's always a question of energy, who can output more megawattage. As an example, for Sue to be able to "stab" even a weak Galactus with a forcefield implies that their energy levels are comparable.

I think, worded that way, one can plainly see the PIS in that situation.

roughrider
I really don't see the difference, considering they're both MYTHS.

Let's stack up some references here.

THOR - Thursday is named for him ( Thor's Day)
Several towns and villages in Scandinavia are named for him
He is heavily referenced in Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
A nebula is named for him - Thor's Helmet (see below)

That's just off the top of my head.

Happy Thursday!

willRules
Hmm, lets see

....yeah

Hmm, lets see

A crippled bald man who just happens to be one of the most skilled telepaths on the planet, recruiting teenagers who have the power to punch holes in mountains, raise entire mountains, challenge Galactus and in one case literally become God like (Who I might add Xavier managed to beat once in telepathic combat), vs the master of Magnetism.

Don't get me wrong I think magneto is a very powerful threat to Xavier and the X-men but I think on the flip-side Xavier is just as much (if not, in some cases, more) of a threat to Mag's as shown by the times he has defeated him.

http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fatalattractionspt4xmenseries202536ep3.jpg

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Hmm not quite true. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by passive. Involuntarily activated? Defensive? Or just plain useless? Because I'd only really go with the third category.
Alpha has always simply been a relatively undefined and broad category to describe characters with X-Men level powers. Useful powers. Practical powers. Offensive and defensive and miscellaneous.
Jamie Braddock's power is involuntary.
Mystique originally (before upgrade) didn't have offensive application to her powers.
Both are still Alphas.

That's exactly what I was saying. By "passive" I meant completely useless.

batdude123
Hmm, lets see

A crippled bald man who just happens to be one of the most skilled telepaths on the planet, recruiting teenagers who have the power to punch holes in mountains, raise entire mountains, challenge Galactus and in one case literally become God like (Who I might add Xavier managed to beat once in telepathic combat), vs the master of Magnetism.

Don't get me wrong I think magneto is a very powerful threat to Xavier and the X-men but I think on the flip-side Xavier is just as much (if not, in some cases, more) of a threat to Mag's as shown by the times he has defeated him.

http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fatalattractionspt4xmenseries202536ep3.jpg

*sigh*

Look at the context of the fight, will. That was after Magneto had fought the entire X-Men squad and after Wolverine stabbed him in the gut.

He's taken Charles' full-on telepathic attacks 3 other times and was able to subdue Xavier.

batdude123
Let's stack up some references here.

THOR - Thursday is named for him ( Thor's Day)
Several towns and villages in Scandinavia are named for him
He is heavily referenced in Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
A nebula is named for him - Thor's Helmet (see below)

That's just off the top of my head.

Happy Thursday!

So? How exactly does that make it any less PIS?

Fanboy
Almost all the Marvel heroes would be dead with out the marvel peopole retconning all of the deaths later.

capt it up
Wolverine has never had Spider-Man Strength no expression
actaully he did when he was first written in the hulk 181. He spiderman level strength and was bullet proof. Of course you would not know this becuase you clearly don't read up on wolverine and how his character was developed

roughrider
So? How exactly does that make it any less PIS?

In the measure of belief systems of ordinary people throughout the world, Thor is more "real" than Superman. That's all.
And how is having a magic hammer stupid anyway? What about a magic sword, or an energy ring, or possessing something called the Power Cosmic?

batdude123
In the measure of belief systems of ordinary people throughout the world, Thor is more "real" than Superman. That's all.
And how is having a magic hammer stupid anyway? What about a magic sword, or an energy ring, or possessing something called the Power Cosmic?

It's ALL PIS. But it's comics, so anything can happen.

willRules
*sigh*

Look at the context of the fight, will. That was after Magneto had fought the entire X-Men squad and after Wolverine stabbed him in the gut.

He's taken Charles' full-on telepathic attacks 3 other times and was able to subdue Xavier.

Hey read my post.

I'm not underestimating the Master of Magnetism, I'm just saying a lot of people on these forums underestimate Xavier yes

bigbran
And how is having a magic hammer stupid anyway? What about a magic sword, or an energy ring, or possessing something called the Power Cosmic? Holy stuffing!
I came into this thread, and for some reason it Cap It Up's sig was in Roughrider's avatar spot.
I tried to take a snapshot, but it didn't work.

roughrider
What the f**k? How does that happen?

willRules
HOLEY KAMOLEY!!!!! dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.