Hot Fuzz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Core
I've been waiting for this one for a long, long time. Coming from the creators of what *I* consider the 2nd funniest UK film behind MP&THG, being "Shaun of the Dead", the movie "Hot Fuzz" gets its release in March of '07!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lDBBavX7Ko

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, it looks promising, but what the hell is 'MP&THG'?

Kram3r
Hahaha, this does looks promising. Why was the Shaun Of the Dead DVD in that discount bin renamed Zombies Party?

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, it looks promising, but what the hell is 'MP&THG'?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I would assume...

Seen these a while ago, looks funny. Never did see Shaun of the Dead... will have to check it out.

Strangelove
droolio Oh my god it looks awesome.

Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg are a genius writing team

The Core
Originally posted by Kram3r
Hahaha, this does looks promising. Why was the Shaun Of the Dead DVD in that discount bin renamed Zombies Party?

It's just one of those homage deals, I imagine. Name recognition.

vintageSW77
Id recommend Pegg and wrights Spaced Series 1 and 2 to anyone
Chock full of horror n sci fi referances
Classic
http://www.spaced-out.org.uk/

The Core
..actually getting DVD-R's of the series from my pal in a few days.

vintageSW77
your in for a treat

MildPossession
Ah Spaced is wonderful. smile Looking forwards to Hot Fuzz.

Wolfie
Hot Fuzz sounds great.

Strangelove
Can't wait....comes out March 9th

Dusty
laughing

Pandemoniac
Also out in the meanwhile; the new long trailer for Hot Fuzz!
Freakin amazing if you ask me! I just hope they didn't give away all the goods in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7J_vYN5ZkY

Solo
I have a feeling it'll disappoint, it's hard to follow up something as good as Shaun of the Dead.

Pandemoniac
Did you see the new trailer!! Give it hope!

Wolfie
There's a full trailer on YouTube now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7J_vYN5ZkY&mode=related&search=

Strangelove
Originally posted by Solo
I have a feeling it'll disappoint, it's hard to follow up something as good as Shaun of the Dead. roll eyes (sarcastic) You're such a naysayer

Bardock42
Lookin' good.

buddha1822
This movie looks so damn good! Shaun of the Dead was one of the best films ever, and this looks to be just as great! Even has that sorta horror slasher feel to it from the latest long trailer... can't wait!

Strangelove
I'm so angry that it's only a limited release, I'm probably never going to get to see it in theatres mad

New Release date (US): April 13th

Zilverz
just seen the trailer over at apple ... man the movie looks funny as hell .. guess ill have to check out that spaced series as well ..

LifeInSepia
I just saw this film. Very Funny! I found the bit with the reporter and the church spire slighlty disturbing, but other then that, i enjoyed it!

5 stars.

vintageSW77
going seeing it tommorow
guess the church spire may be an OMEN referance

LifeInSepia
Originally posted by vintageSW77
going seeing it tommorow
guess the church spire may be an OMEN referance

i never saw OMEN, but its got a load of action homages in it. There is a really obvious point break one in their, they show it in the film earlier. But yeah, you'll understand whne you see it.

vintageSW77
you never seen the original OMEN???

you should drop all dvd purchases and get that one next!

its a good one

im a big fan of most of Peggs stuff
Big Train
Spaced
Hippies
Shaun

all good

The Core
Hot Fuzz Thread

It's not out in the US, yet. It was delayed for whatever reason.

vintageSW77
you got Shaun late too eh

LifeInSepia
w00t i loved it! Funny. Never saw shaun of the dead.

The Core
Yep. "Shaun of the Dead" was kind of like "Napoleon Dynamite" though in that it slowly got added to theatres as it heated up.

I ended up seeing SOTD like 4 times in the theatre, I'm guessing the same for you.

vintageSW77
twice but a fair few on dvd
its a movie you put on for ten and end up sitting through the whole

all im hearing is good stuff for Hot Fuzz

MildPossession
Talking of The Omen, for those who have seen it, how big is Billie Whitelaw's role in the film? I read she only has a cameo sad

Strangelove
Haven't seen it, but I've giving it a 5 313

papabeard
Saw Hot Fuzz on Valentines Day, the day of release, and it is ace. Very funny, brilliant homage, great references and great action, also some good horror and gore ,it has a considerable slasher film element too it also which I didnt expect. And the church seen is of course an homage to The Omen, it even references the same score, and a possible reference to The Burning, with the use of garden shears.

There is even an amazing reference to an obscure kung fu slasher film, called Silent Rage which stars Chuck Norris. Possibly the best reference in a film ever.

Gave it 4 stars, because I dont think its quite as good as SOTD, but I am a zombie freak, and Simon Peggs character is the straight man in the film so his performance isnt so warm and funny, and I felt that Nick Frosts character was too naive and not cynical enough , I give it a 4.5

papabeard
Saw Hot Fuzz on Valentines Day, the day of release, and it is ace. Very funny, brilliant homage, great references and great action, also some good horror and gore ,it has a considerable slasher film element too it also which I didnt expect. And the church seen is of course an homage to The Omen, it even references the same score, and a possible reference to The Burning, with the use of garden shears.

There is even an amazing reference to an obscure kung fu slasher film, called Silent Rage which stars Chuck Norris. Possibly the best reference in a film ever.

Gave it 4 stars, because I dont think its quite as good as SOTD, but I am a zombie freak, and Simon Peggs character is the straight man in the film so his performance isnt so warm and funny, and I felt that Nick Frosts character was too naive and not cynical enough , I give it a 4.5

Marko

Not Lol'd so had in ages, Constantly laughed though out!

I loved the swear box!

I went with a girl and she laughed constantly aswell!!! Even at the c*nt word!

LOL LOVE IT. Buying it on DVD. I would post like a proper review but I'm still on a high from seeing it last night!

"Is it true that there is a point on a mans head, that if you shoot it it will blow up?2

ROFLMFAO!!!

vintageSW77
3 hours to go
im fairly exited
a rarity when going to the flicks nowadays

i love the referances that Pegg and Wright put in their stuff
a chance to revel in our movie knowledge whilst others miss out

MildPossession
Two of you have seen it and didn't bother to answer my bloody question... cheers. stick out tongue

Wolfie
Some of you are rating it before seeing it? blink

Anyway, I can't wait for the US release.

vintageSW77
3 words..

absolute

****ing

genius

but then again with it being Pegg/Wright how could it be anything else

MildPossession
How long is Billie Whitelaw's role?

papabeard
sorry cant remember, i know she plays a character called joyce cooper, but cant remember who that was in the film.

chillmeistergen
I saw this on friday and its absolutely brilliance

vintageSW77
Originally posted by MildPossession
How long is Billie Whitelaw's role?

noteable

im still buzzing from seeing the flick
me and my chick were in stitches

Dusty
Merged.

Puzzle
I was able to get a viewing of this...great flick.

jaden101
went to see it last night...cant really see why so many people gave it 5/5...it has its moments....some brilliantly subtle and not so subtle nods to other films....but not as funny as shaun of the dead by a royal mile...

vintageSW77
as much as i rate Shaun i prefered Fuzz and im surprised as i love Horror over Action

though there was more horror in that flick than most of the horror flicks out recently

Deathblow
Originally posted by jaden101
went to see it last night...cant really see why so many people gave it 5/5...it has its moments....some brilliantly subtle and not so subtle nods to other films....but not as funny as shaun of the dead by a royal mile...

Agreed. I had to go and watch it again at the weekend cos when I saw it first time I was kinda drunk, but didn't really change my opinion.

It was very funny, though in only in places, whereas Shaun of the Dead was consistently hilarious. Although like Shaun it did work as both a comedy and genuine homage to the genre it is satirising, it was definitely less effective as an action movie than Shaun was as a zombie flick.

Either way though, it's worth watching just for Timothy Dalton. And the Bill Bailey(s?) cameo.

Rogue Jedi
agreed. timothy dalton was awesome.

Cory Chaos
Agreed. I really enjoyed it. Not on a SOTD level, because that's not how it operated, but it tackled a lot of the silly American action movie cliches pretty straight forward and I loved it.

manorastroman
i was actually disappointed by the lack of bruckheimer-isms in the movie. i guess team america already had that pretty well nailed, but still...

it cracked me up everytime they used that rushing sound effect for the most banal actions.

overall a little long, and i wish they want more balls out bruckheimer, but still very good. especially the absurd finale.

Cory Chaos
"For the greater good"..lol. Very "The Wicker Man-ish" with the cult element.

Bardock42

I agree. I really liked Hot Fuzz...got kinda ridiculous totwards the end, but very enjoyable...just....Shaun of the Dead was better.

ragesRemorse
at times it felt as though it tried to hard, at other times i was to busy laughing to pay attention to anything.

Myth
I thought SOTD was only slightly better. I actually thought the last half hour was what nearly caught it up to the level of SOTD.

vintageSW77

forumcrew
it started a little too slow but redeemed itself a lot in the last 45 min or so. Ended up being very fun.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Myth
I thought SOTD was only slightly better. I actually thought the last half hour was what nearly caught it up to the level of SOTD.

Sweet Escape
I loved this movie...

I think the best part was the whole Romeo and Juliet spoof

BANG! crylaugh

Me and my friend were DYING last night. laughing

Granted, SOTD was better.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Cory Chaos
I've been waiting for this one for a long, long time. Coming from the creators of what *I* consider the 2nd funniest UK film behind MP&THG, being "Shaun of the Dead", the movie "Hot Fuzz" gets its release in March of '07!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lDBBavX7Ko

Saw this film in February wink

I loved it, but not quite as much as SOTD.

Due to the fact that it was British we get it first.

Also, MP&THG FTW

ragesRemorse
thought it was quite boring

RedAlertv2
I wouldnt call it boring. It had a lot of build in it, for sure, but I think it culminated quite well, given that I practically didnt stop laughing during the last half hour of the movie

ragesRemorse
I thought the humor was smart and the overall movie was well done. The over exagerated refernces to the cliches of action movies just wasnt enough for me to feel as though the the build resulted in a rewarding climax. I would say its defintely worth watching though, But for me shaun was much better

Strangelove
I just bought the DVD (didn't get a chance to see it in theatres) and it was f'in aMAzing. A fantastic film. I can't wait until they take on another genre.

Bicnarok

MildPossession
It is rather brilliant smile There is a nice edition from HMV here in the UK, definitely one to buy on dvd.

T.M
I have the 2 disk special edition.

Funny film, I was surprised that I liked it 'cause I didn't like Shaun of the Dead

The Grey Fox
I love this film, it really is one of my current favourites.

Anyone seen the precursor to the groups two films, the tv show Spaced?

MildPossession
Yes, Spaced just rules. It's fantastic.

SelphieT
I'm from the US, and I loved it. Bought Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Spaced.... this is their show? Are there any DVDs for this? I'd like to get them if it's the same type of humor.

MildPossession
Spaced was a television series that started in 1999(14 episodes worth if I can remember), if you liked the films then you should love Spaced. I don't know about America, but it's out on dvd here in the UK, the 3 disc Collector's Edition is the one to get smile

Its main characters are played by Simon Pegg, and also a fab actress called Jessica Hynes, also stars Nick Frost.

Bicnarok
theres some of spaced on you tube, like here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHc0VDdhXVQ

AbnormalButSane
Bought it. Love it. And I think someone took it. confused

Very funny. I've made tons of people watch it.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
Bought it. Love it. And I think someone took it. confused

Very funny. I've made tons of people watch it.

Cool sig, Got a DVD "Chili Peppers live in Slane Castle" awesomesmile

dant3g0
Yup.A very excellent movie indeed

Wolfie
Shouldn't this be in the movie discussion forum and not the DVD discussion?

Impediment
Yes, it should.

Merging.

Furion
Love it. The shootout scene was hilarious.
FACSIST! HAG!
Oh and the part where he was using the fork on the ketchup pack hysterical

K.Diddy
beer Seen this last night,This movie just didn't do it for me,maybe I'm just not one for the brittish accent or humour,I found a few scenes pretty funny,The main charectar just annoyed me though,although his sidekick was great,The movie was a tad overlong and basically just tried too hard erm 6.5/10

Impediment
British accent? Don't you live in Australia? laughing out loud

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Impediment

erm Yeah,sounds odd but on film it can sometimes annoy me

ADarksideJedi
Did they make a remake of it?Or is it just showing at the movies?I seem the old one and I did not like it at all.

jaden101

Ummm?...What?

K.Diddy
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Did they make a remake of it?Or is it just showing at the movies?I seem the old one and I did not like it at all.

blink No this is the old one,there is no remake

ADarksideJedi
Oh ok it sound like they had made a new one.I was going to say I hope not.

Impediment
Ummm?...What?

Not to make a generalization because I'm American, but Aussie and Brit accents sound very similar to me.

jaden101
Not to make a generalization because I'm American, but Aussie and Brit accents sound very similar to me.

OK but just so as we're clear...They don't.

Although I guess Americans and Canadians have the same sort of issue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.