Saw 4?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
Will there be a fourth?

I think there will judging by the ending, but I can't be entirely sure

luffyjin
There is one planned...I heard it from a movie site somewhere...Havn't seen the 3rd being 14...But i've seen the other two on Dvd....The third looks good, is it?

MildPossession
I heard a 4th one is definitely going to get made, just by different people this time around.

Röland
SAW IV (2007)

Yeah it's been announced.

I think the ending of SAW III left it open for a SAW IV but after thinking about it and from some posts in the SAW III thread about the possible plots in SAW IV I've changed my mind.

SAW III ended with Jigsaw is "supposedly dead", Amanda failed her overall game which was summed up by the ending, Jeff failed his game because he was unable to forgive, Jeff's wife Lynn and Amanda are dead, his daughter is locked somewhere in Jigsaw's lair with a limited supply of air and only Jigsaw knows where she is.

So from that ending at first I was thinking Jeff would have to play another game to find his daughter. But now I am thinking it will just be all new people and for some dumb reason I have this strange feeling Dr. Gordon will return, even though I believe he is dead and all the theories that he was taken in by Jigsaw are just ridiculous.

steverules
yer my friend told me about the end. I thought this one was actually gonna be the last one

Röland
Originally posted by steverules
yer my friend told me about the end. I thought this one was actually gonna be the last one

Yeah, I wish this would have been the last one because the ending to me summed up everything.

steverules
yer, get it over and done with. But they did this with other horror movies like Halloween...they kept making more and more

ladygrim

Röland
Because they know we will all go see it if they make it.

I may wish they would have stopped at SAW III but when SAW IV comes out next October I will be right in line to see it. laughing

Wolfie
Saw IV is supposed to start a completely new storyline. People working on the film now say that no one can guess what's coming.

allofyousuckkk
i really disliked 3, so four cant do justice, bc the damage is done

ya

DraconianDevil
3rd was probably the best one, great story and great acting (finally). Apparantly Tobin Bell has signed on for 2 more films, with SAW IV being the prequel but like they say, nobody will know for sure but it is confirmed by Tobin himself that he has signed on for 2 more films.

MildPossession
Tobin Bell said he wasn't signed on for anymore in an interview but said he would love to be in them if asked.

steverules
Maybe he got asked

SelphieT
If anything, they definetly should make a prequel. Whats the point of continuing?

DraconianDevil
Originally posted by MildPossession
Tobin Bell said he wasn't signed on for anymore in an interview but said he would love to be in them if asked.

Tobin announced it that he was signed on for 2 more. Though his name is not on the SAW IV page in IMDB.

Wolfie
Darren Lynn Bousman said Tobin Bell was signed on for ten more.

Darth Vicious
This cow(Saw franchise) has a loooot of milk, so as long as it keeps making millions i dont see them stop making more of it.

systemshock2
Originally posted by SelphieT
If anything, they definetly should make a prequel. Whats the point of continuing?

Cosigned. A prequel would pretty much be the only route a new Saw movie can go. I mean how many times can we see Jigsaw dying from the cancer with some test subjects going through his games.

And there would be plenty of material to work with, such as elaborating more on Jigsaw's crummy life before his change, the training and preparation for his games, and finally his first test subject.

Darth Vicious
I just saw it. Pretty good movie. "The Rack" wasa ingenious contraption in all its gruesomeness.

steverules
I wonder if they'll make so many that eventually people will get bored.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Wolfie
Darren Lynn Bousman said Tobin Bell was signed on for ten more. TEN!? You've got to be shitting me.

Darth Vicious
All I know is that if handled correctly like the first 3then I dont see the problem. Saw 4 seems to be a go already, I checked Tobin Bells Wiki and it is listed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobin_Bell

steverules
I can't say 3 is good and I can't say it's bad cause I ain't seen it yet which is annoying cause I ain't old enough but at the rate they are making them then by the time a fourth is made and comes out I will probably be old enough to see it which I will do, I just hope it is good

Jonin
theres also saw5, they bought the website domain SNAP

Espantada23
OMG will the SAW's ever end?

Zilverz
Here is the saw franchise's order of greatness:

Saw I
Saw II
Saw III

notice the trend ? some of the traps have really been sweet .. but the overall impact has declined .. the third film i was kind of dissappointed .. not sure if i would go to the theater to see a 4th.. based on the trend and the antagonist dying .. i dont have to be able to see the future to predict the new story will be ShiiiiTE

Espantada23
Exactly...if all the key characters died in the 3rd who would be any future ones as the villain?

Wolfie
Originally posted by SelphieT
TEN!? You've got to be shitting me.
It's just planning for the future. I'm sure they don't plan on making Saw 13 but LGF just contracts him to a ridiculously high number of movies so they can make sure he's stuck in the series. When Saw 8 rolls around, Tobin Bell can't go, "Sorry, you only had me contracted to Saw 7."

Originally posted by Jonin
theres also saw5, they bought the website domain SNAP
They bought the Saw 4 domain before even considering the movie. Might as well, right? The early bird gets the worm. Buy the domain before some fanboy makes Saw5.com himself.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Espantada23
Exactly...if all the key characters died in the 3rd who would be any future ones as the villain? well, they can always make prequels erm

Mišt
Saw IV

On Monday, October 30, 2006, Lions Gate Entertainment announced plans to produce another sequel for a release on October 26, 2007 (Saw_IV). Tobin Bell, who played Jigsaw in the first three films, will appear in the film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.