Notorious B.I.G. Duets: The Final Chapter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord S
Does anybody have this CD? Is it a good buy?

I know there's a lot of collaboration on it...since Biggie really didn't have very much in the way of unreleased material, but is there anything new or is it all just remakes/remixes. I went to ohhla.com and checked out the lyrics for a few songs and noticed some remakes, and to be honest, was not too enthusiastic.

I went to HMV a couple of days ago and it was selling it for $25.99, and thought screw that! I'll just buy it off eBay.

What would you rate it out of 10? I didn't really mind all the guest appearances on 'Born Again', since it featured quite a bit of unreleased songs and verses...and they were pretty good, but I don't think I could put up with an even more watered down album.

Let me know what you guys think.

Phat J
i havent heard any of the tracks off it, but the artists hes featured with put me off listening to it. hes dead, stop releasing his material. thats how i feel about it.

reggie_jax
NOTORIOUS B.I.G. & 2PAC - BROTHAZ IN RESURRECTION (THE PREQUEL) - This sees the feuding rappers forced to make peace in death and agreeing, via digitally altered vocals, to put their 'beef' aside and concentrate on 'gettin' this money yo'. Standout tracks include Juicy (Beaver) (feat. Lil' Kim), What's All Eyez On Me, Keep Ya 10 Crack Commandments and Trenchtown Thug Life (feat. Bob Marley).

word is bond...

Blue_Hefner
No point in buying it. All his verses on it are from other songs.

Broke Beat
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
No point in buying it. All his verses on it are from other songs.

Lord S
Originally posted by reggie_jax
NOTORIOUS B.I.G. & 2PAC - BROTHAZ IN RESURRECTION (THE PREQUEL) - This sees the feuding rappers forced to make peace in death and agreeing, via digitally altered vocals, to put their 'beef' aside and concentrate on 'gettin' this money yo'. Standout tracks include Juicy (Beaver) (feat. Lil' Kim), What's All Eyez On Me, Keep Ya 10 Crack Commandments and Trenchtown Thug Life (feat. Bob Marley).

word is bond... Huh? What the hell are you yammering on about? None of this is on the 'Duets' CD. rolleyes1

Anyway for those interested I did end up buying this CD...and to my surprise, it was very good.

Yeah there are a good number of remakes, (probably 6 or 7 of the 22 or so tracks), but they're remade exceptionally well. One strong point is that the mixing is much smoother on the collaborations as opposed to the somewhat choppy nature of those on 'Born Again'. A lot of "uh's" and 'yeah's" and other ad-libbing from Biggie in the background when others are rapping, making it seem like he's actually there. This is how 'Born Again' should have been done...as he seemed pretty disconnected from a lot of the songs in that CD.

Clearly the best track (for me at least) is 'Ultimate Rush' with Missy Elliot. A great collaboration as the flow between the two artists is exceptional, with tight editing, as they flirt back and forth.

Most touching is 'Hold Ya Head' with Bob Marley, which is essentially a remake of 'Suicidal Thoughts', but far more powerful with Marley's chorus. I'm not a guy that gets emotional when a celebrity dies...and the most I ever did when Biggie died was get a little choked up...but when you hear Marley's words, you can't but help shed a tear or two when you first listen to it. You really feel for his mom. sad

Overall a great album, and a fitting tribute for the King.

B.I.G. forever!

R.I.P.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.