which fractions is your favourite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

samle
Is it the Cis or the Republic I need this cauze I did a vote at school on which is better so vote

Ogami Itto
1/2 is mine stick out tongue

I like the republic because they have Jedi ( you shoulda had a poll btw)

((The_Anomaly))
Republic/ Empire

General G
I like the CIS, don't know why, they just always appealed to me for some reason.

Alliance
CLONES.

Rampant ox
I much prefer the CIS. They are rich, deadly and probably would have won the war had Sidious not ordered the droids to be shut down. Also, with top figureheads like General Greivous and Count Dooku, they have both fear and persuasion on there side.

Alliance
The droids would have never won. My boys would have pumped every last one those clankers full of plasma. The seps are cowards. Grievous is an abbhoration. Dooku is a disenfrnachised wannabe. What they feared was the bone white beskar'gam of the GAR. As they should have, as the only power in the galaxy runs in the veins of the Mando'ade.

Rampant ox
The clones were outnumbered hundreds to one, the Republic was on the brink of collapsing and the Jedi order (who acted as the Republics military leaders) were in dissaray. Also General Greivous was a ruthless, near unstoppable, killing machine and Count Dooku was an unrivalled politician, dripping with charisma and deadly skill, with the power to turns systems under the CIS banner at will. I know which side I would rather be on.

samle
Ya I like the CIS cauze Grevouis and Dooku were scaring the republic and they have a chip in there brain that keeps them from thinking so if the droids can think like obi-wan sad " if droids could think there would be none of use here now would they".

Alliance
Oh yes...sure. Ov course the clones were outnumbered, but they slaughtered the droids. Kill ratios were far from even. Your average CT had hundreds of kills by 12 moABG. Not to mention the thosands taken out by elite unites and the devastation the jedi caused. The Jedi were great assets, even though they abused the army to no end. They're too busy circumventing Republic law and waving their shiny sticks to care about if they're properly using their troops. Thats why we axed the order. It was corrupt and useless after the war. We are the new police force.

Grievious was certainly stoppable. He is a coward, the only thing he can do is jump from outer rim world to outer rim world hacking and wheezing along the way. Dooku was not unrivaled. Palpatine was far superior in his ability to hold the Republic together, rather than simply paying off planets to support you. If Dooku was so skilled, there wouldn't have been a war and the Republic would have simply dissolved or Dooku would have taken control.

We would have never have had the pleasure of blasting your asses.

Rampant ox
Sure the Republic could destroy far more droids than droids killed clones. But that hardly evened up the war, the Republic was still on the brink of collapse. Droid factories were everywhere and were able to produce droids far faster than the Republic could produce clones. The Jedi ranks were fast being diminished during the war - whether it be by the droids or by the hands of Greivous. Before long the Jedi order would have faltered without Order 66. Dooku was able to turn systems to his cause with relative ease. He may have used large amounts of his personal wealth to bribe the system, but once he gained control of it the money went to the CIS cause anyway. This in turn brought the Republic more strife - it comes back to the old saying of "If you are not my friend you are my enemy". Once the Republic lost a system to the CIS it was another enemy to have to contend with.

Put simply, had the war kept going, the Republic would have been dissolved and the CIS would have become the new ruling Goverment. Without Sidious playing both sides of the war, the Republic probably would have been destroyed even quicker.

PVS
22/7

pi rules rock

vintageSW77
Whats the CIS??
I can tell ya what a Rodian is and who General Tagge is but what or who is the CIS.

Alliance
Confederacy of Independent Systems

General G
Originally posted by Alliance
Grievious was certainly stoppable. He is a coward, the only thing he can do is jump from outer rim world to outer rim world hacking and wheezing along the way.

Grievous...a...coward??!!! No way, in the CLone Wars, he took out so many Jedi, multiple ones at a time, Ki-Adi Mundi and Aayla Secura barely escaped with their lives. Grievous was smart, he knew he couldn\'t take on Obi-Wan and Anakin at the same time, that would be stupid. He had nowhere to go on Utapou, so he thought he should try his best and surprise Kenobi right away with his four lightsabers. Not a coward, intelligent

Kongu Dude
Originally posted by General G
Grievous...a...coward??!!! No way, in the CLone Wars, he took out so many Jedi, multiple ones at a time, Ki-Adi Mundi and Aayla Secura barely escaped with their lives. Grievous was smart, he knew he couldn\'t take on Obi-Wan and Anakin at the same time, that would be stupid. He had nowhere to go on Utapou, so he thought he should try his best and surprise Kenobi right away with his four lightsabers. Not a coward, intelligent
I will add you on my buddy list. hmm

General Grievous is the best Star Wars Character. w00t

Nice Sig.

I give it a 10/10.

General G
Originally posted by Kongu Dude
I will add you on my buddy list. hmm

General Grievous is the best Star Wars Character. w00t

Nice Sig.

I give it a 10/10.

Nice! Grievous Rules. Goin on my buddy list too! smile smile

S_W_LeGenD
Grevious was perhaps not as coward as some would think but he would run off from battles whenever he was on the verge of defeat.

Also, he might have killed some normal Jedi but when he fought against an experienced Jedi Master like Kenobi, he lost badly!

And he was not as powerful as you consider him to be and he was not even very smart as well because he could have tried to escape from Kenobi but his over-confidence and mis-judgement got him killed during his fight with Kenobi.

Obi-Wan even referred to him as "very un-civilized"!

Kongu Dude
How old are You? smile

Grievous is awsome. droolio

Alliance

Coward. He constantly runs away. If there is an issue, he runs. He is nothign but a rabid dog. All he did was run and hide. Jumping out here and there to scream "Boo!".

Beside, it was wll known grievous had four arms. It may have been a surprise to you, but it was known. When he faces a skilled fighter like Kenobi, he looses quickly.

General G
Lose quickly? I doubt it, he may have lost his two hands, but not *quickly* Anyways, I think that he uses his four arms as a sort of surprise tactic because when he only had two, he got more menacing/cocky, so he might be better with two. And Legend, I believe Kenobi was referring to the blaster as being uncivilized, not Grievous, a little play on movies because he says in ANH that the lightsaber is more civilized.

Kongu Dude
Lose quickly? I doubt it, he may have lost his two hands, but not *quickly* Anyways, I think that he uses his four arms as a sort of surprise tactic because when he only had two, he got more menacing/cocky, so he might be better with two. And Legend, I believe Kenobi was referring to the blaster as being uncivilized, not Grievous, a little play on movies because he says in ANH that the lightsaber is more civilized.
I agree. oh

Alliance

Kenobi was reffering to the blaster, he was upset that he killed grievous with it. And since Grievous often fought with sabers, he's obviously not reffering to him.

Four arms are not a suprise tactic. Grievous fought with four throughout the Clone Wars, he never lost one prior to Kenobi and he lost two battling Kenobi in about 30 seconds. Thats quick.

CORUSCANTA KANDOSII AD

PVS
has everyone forgotten that GG doesnt even use the force?
he needed four arms as an intimidation tactic. once they were hacked off and two were left, he knew he had nothing and bolted, as we clearly see.

GG's only strengths were that he had the factor of intimidation and that he was able to get out of bad situations by making brilliant, yet dirty split second decisions...and its not very bright to try to take a metallic monster on in a fist fight.

Alliance
That scene always makes me laugh when Kenobi kicks grievous and then screams in pain. I always think "lol...dumbass....He's metal"

I agree that the four arms/spinning sabers are an itimidation tactic, however, they're not really a suprise tactic.

General G
I still think he was probably better with two due to him being cocky and advancing on Kenobi after he lost two of them.

Alliance
Oh. Are you suggesting that he should have just run away? smile

PVS
I still think he was probably better with two due to him being cocky and advancing on Kenobi after he lost two of them.

not really. he would have been better off with like 12.
his only real strength against a jedi was, shall we say "shock and awe".

even worked on obiwan for a bit as he backed off, not knowing what to make of this big spinny lightsaber blender coming toward him. once he thought it through and figured him out, GG was toast before the first hand was hacked off.

Alliance
Not to mentino griebvous got pwned when Kenobi slammed him up into the ceiling.

And then Grievous ran away....again.

General G
Originally posted by PVS
not really. he would have been better off with like 12.
his only real strength against a jedi was, shall we say "shock and awe".

even worked on obiwan for a bit as he backed off, not knowing what to make of this big spinny lightsaber blender coming toward him. once he thought it through and figured him out, GG was toast before the first hand was hacked off.

Only real strength was "shock and awe"????? He was capable of defeating multiple jedi at a time with only two lightsabers in the CW, so he very well could have better with two, he only brought out the other two near the end of CW series to just further destroy and humiliate the jedi and look even more menacing. So, he had much going for him other than "shock and awe" PVS.

Captain REX
Grievous is far from being the best Star Wars character. That title belongs to Kenobi or Vader, easy.

And you're bringing the Clone Wars cartoon series into the Prequel Section. The CW series cannot be used to argue points in here, seeing as it's part of the Expanded Universe, and not canon.

Therefore, as Grievous is portrayed in Episode III as a coward, he is a coward.

And he's not all that frightening in the movie, either. Kenobi makes short work of him.

And my favorite faction is probably the Republic, despite the Confederacy's wide variety of droids and Jefferson Davis and whatnot. ermm

Alliance
Clone Wars is pretty much canon, it was shown on StarWars.com

However, it doesn't trump the movies.

queeq
Even EU is shown on SW.com.

Alliance
Its still EU, just credible EU.

queeq
Like your version of the saga? stick out tongue

Alliance
Ok, I'll take that. I really let Lucas keep his characters, just let my own characters shed them in a new light.

Mace, Yoda, Kenobi, Skywalker, Vos, Secura, Ti, Bulq, Koon, Mundi, all play passing roles. Especially in the temple.

queeq
When are you gonna start your thread?

Darth Sexiest

Hmm...

Looks like true love to me...whistling

Here ya go guys...

http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=1019 bunny

queeq
That was already in another thread.

Captain REX
EU is still EU, no matter how credible. shrug If it wasn't in the movies, it's EU and on a lower level of canon. Hopefully I don't have to go into that argument; nobody seems to get it. hmmm

queeq
We close the threads when that happens.... NO EU!!!!

Alliance
Originally posted by queeq
When are you gonna start your thread?

Now.

queeq
I looked... no thread.

Alliance
ARGH. You posted and I got distracted.

queeq
Oh sure... blame me.

Alliance
on topic....

CLONES!

queeq
Clones are never on topic.

Alliance
Always on topic my friend....always.

queeq
That is no news.

aldisyoyo
KENOBI ROCKS HES BETTER THAN GREIVOUS END OF STORY QUEEQ CLOSE THIS! just kiddin about the last part

queeq
What's wrong with clones?

aldisyoyo
nothing

queeq
Oh... okay.

Talking about clones, where's Alliance? Haven't seen him around for a while?

Antaeus
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Grevious was perhaps not as coward as some would think but he would run off from battles whenever he was on the verge of defeat.

Also, he might have killed some normal Jedi but when he fought against an experienced Jedi Master like Kenobi, he lost badly!

And he was not as powerful as you consider him to be and he was not even very smart as well because he could have tried to escape from Kenobi but his over-confidence and mis-judgement got him killed during his fight with Kenobi.

Obi-Wan even referred to him as "very un-civilized"!

I do agree with you.

queeq
Of course you do...

aldisyoyo
like u said on my thread u drove him off

queeq
Yeah, see how good I am at this? evil face

aldisyoyo
u r a true master...not

queeq
I am...

But... maybe YOU are Alliance's sock...

aldisyoyo
yes i am good at being a sock

queeq
You are, you almost had me fooled... almost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.