The Evolution of Beauty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/

Interesting. I never realized how much work went into it.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by FeceMan

Interesting. I never realized how much work went into it.

Indeed. I have two relatives who work for the modeling industry, neither of whom work for any huge labels. They both work for Hanes. But their department gets to see the "rough drafts" of model shoots for up-coming add campaignes. And the pictures they've sent are hideous, at least in regards to the industry standards of beauty. They hack off about two kids worth of extra leg fat, skin blemishes, breat shadows or skin creases, etc. The modeling industry is not what it appears to be. But, the runway is another matter. Those people on the runway don't look like that all the time, but if you want to earn the big money, you look like that without all the computer aided drafting and high maintenance.

silver_tears
I love that clip.

Imaginary
Me too.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The girl at the end is hot! That first one is U-G-L-Y! She UGLY!

I agree, all women should get that done to them. I hope you realise your dream, FeceMan.

PVS
yes LONG LIVE ADOBE!!!

FeceMan
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
The girl at the end is hot! That first one is U-G-L-Y! She UGLY!

I agree, all women should get that done to them. I hope you realise your dream, FeceMan.
I once considered becoming a plastic surgeon.

Napkin Thief
hmm... reminds me how i felt when i saw Angelina Jolie in HD w/out her makeup and realized she had as many freckles as lindsay lonhan...

Atlantis001
Beauty is something funny. It can be totally shaped, created in a studio. There is absolutely no merit associated to it. You just create it ! Like in those plastic surgery tv shows... the swan, extreme makeover, etc... still it can affect people so much.

Punkyhermy
Amazing clip.
big grin
happy

Destiny_Desire
Natural beauty comes from the inside erm

reggie_jax
more proof that women are objects.

plastic whorez..

PVS
so, thats your whole theme then? the "i cant get laid because im about
as attractive as a stomach pump, so all women are 'whorez' " theme?

is this whob again?
dont answer that

reggie_jax
the funny part is you putting some sort of value into "gettin laid," all i gotta do is jingle my pockets and whorez come out of the woodwork. wordisbond.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Napkin Thief
hmm... reminds me how i felt when i saw Angelina Jolie in HD w/out her makeup and realized she had as many freckles as lindsay lonhan...

Freckles aren't bad, though I don't particularly like Jolie whether she is made up or not. I never could understand the whole "she is the most beautiful women on the planet."

But fascinating clip, so much work, essentially creating an entirely new image, because the girl is almost unrecognisable by the end.

Strangelove
And that is why I don't use models as a benchmark for hotness. There are plenty of hot chicks that I see everyday. And they're real! eek!

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by reggie_jax
the funny part is you putting some sort of value into "gettin laid," all i gotta do is jingle my pockets and whorez come out of the woodwork. wordisbond.

spoken like a person who has never gotten laid.

reggie_jax
look at this simple-minded shit.. "U KANT GET LAID.." as if pussy is the yardstick to humanity..

what's so hard to get.. i place no value in a whore wanting to spend her time with me.. i prefer the tought of violating her to the notion of us having a mutually beneficial relationship..

you go ahead and pander to the money hungry bitchez.. i want no part of it. like i said.. bitchez hear money jingling in ur pockets and of course they want some.. only a sucker would mistake this for a reason to boost his self esteem..

Ya Krunk'd Floo
look at this simple-minded shit.. "U KANT GET LAID.." as if pussy is the yardstick to humanity..

what's so hard to get.. i place no value in a whore wanting to spend her time with me.. i prefer the tought of violating her to the notion of us having a mutually beneficial relationship..

you go ahead and pander to the money hungry bitchez.. i want no part of it. like i said.. bitchez hear money jingling in ur pockets and of course they want some.. only a sucker would mistake this for a reason to boost his self esteem..

So...you don't have sex with anybody? That's so sad. Have some, it's fun.

reggie_jax
i never said i dont have sex.. i just don't value whorez as anything more than what they are - objects of effection.

yeah $hort, u know how we do em treat bitches like red lights and run right thru em.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
i never said i dont have sex.. i just don't value whorez as anything more than what they are - objects of effection.

yeah $hort, u know how we do em treat bitches like red lights and run right thru em.
So, you like whores, but you don't have sex with them? OK, I get it now...You just have sex with ugly girls, that's cool. They need love, too. I'm just grateful that you do it to them, so guys like me don't have to. I like fly girls, yo.

CheckmewhileIwreckthemicpsyche.

reggie_jax
i may **** ugly bitchez, but not as a favor to them. i take advantage of the emotionally downtrodden.. there's nothin redeemable about it. wordisbond.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
That's so cute! Are you a fluffy bunny?

Wonderer
The only beauty is change - if you think about it, anything that's static bores one into boredom eventually.

xmarksthespot
Commercial beauty depends on the desire for statis. Ageing is the enemy.Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Freckles aren't bad, though I don't particularly like Jolie whether she is made up or not. I never could understand the whole "she is the most beautiful women on the planet."

But fascinating clip, so much work, essentially creating an entirely new image, because the girl is almost unrecognisable by the end. It probably would save a lot of time and effort in the long run to go out and find a girl who actually looks like the end product.

I'm trying to remember what idiom it is that states it's better to work harder now than have to work harder later, but the only one that keeps coming to mind is the "A bird in the hand..." one.

FeceMan
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Commercial beauty depends on the desire for statis. Ageing is the enemy.It probably would save a lot of time and effort in the long run to go out and find a girl who actually looks like the end product.

I'm trying to remember what idiom it is that states it's better to work harder now than have to work harder later, but the only one that keeps coming to mind is the "A bird in the hand..." one.
"You're not working hard, Peter--you're working smart."

Hehe...'cause he was breaking the house.

Adam_PoE
It probably would save a lot of time and effort in the long run to go out and find a girl who actually looks like the end product.

In many instances, this is what agencies do. It is more cost-effective to use models who do not need a lot of "work," then it is to pay for production and post-production work.

KidRock
I hate fat girls who say "beauty is on the inside" then go off and talk shit about how every girl prettier then her is a whore.

docb77
My opinion is that some girls have looks, some have good personalities, and then there are those gems that have both. Those are the ones that I go for.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by KidRock
I hate fat girls who say "beauty is on the inside" then go off and talk shit about how every girl prettier then her is a whore.

I know, Fat chicks suck sick

FeceMan
Originally posted by docb77
My opinion is that some girls have looks, some have good personalities, and then there are those gems that have both. Those are the ones that I go for.
What about those that have neither?
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
I know, Fat chicks suck sick
i c whut u did thar

Imperial_Samura

Hmmm - psychologically concerning. And sad. Mainly sad.

Unless you are Whob, in which case you are irredeemably pitiful.

Indeed, and such girls do exist. It seems somewhat concerning that ideals of beauty in this day and age can so often be based upon technological wizardry - even more so when images used to advertise a cosmetics (eg - you'll look like this if you use our product) are no indicative of reality.

Reminds me of a recent study done by Choice Magazine (the consumer watchdog magazine in Australia) - where they looked at breads. Wholemeal is a type of flour - yet many breads instead of using actual wholemeal flour (which is best) refine the wholemeal down so it is white flour, and that add wholemeal back to it. Madness.

But is is a good thing Dove did their whole "natural" beauty campaign, while their is probably something cynical behind it it is still good when a cooperation makes a step in the right direction.

FeceMan
*Sighs.*

You're = you are.
Your = something that is owned by you.

There = location.
Their = something that is owned by them.
They're = they are.

They're, awl good samurais should no there homonyms.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Oh, that's clever! You made those mistakes in the last sentence on purpose because it would make it funny, right?

Anal = a place where boats can come inland, but without the sea.

*sigh, sigh, sigh, my life is shit, OK, now I'm dead*

*sigh*

FeceMan
I do enjoy a good pun now and then.

Imperial_Samura
*Sighs.*

You're = you are.

There = location.
They're = they are.

Oh waily, waily, waily. There I go again with some of my exceedingly rare grammatical errors, causing terrible trauma to our good friend FeceMan.

Oh, a thousand humble pardons oh great and terrible Grammar Nazi! I am not worthy, but I will take your most benevolent teachings on board, so I my writings won't offend you divine eyes in future!

And out of appreciation for your most insightful lessons I'll assume you were intending some form of humor by spelling "all" awl and "know" no -despite the fact I don't tend to write sentences like that. But in the spirit of annoying you I think I'll continue to overuse "your" - yes, because I don't want you to feel you lack purpose if I never make grammatical errors again. You have to retain your purpose - I mean its not like there are other members whose crimes against the English language are far greater then my own on these forums.

*grovel, scrape, whimper*

FeceMan
Well, at least you realize it.

You seem to be making these errors more frequently as of late, so I figured that I would give you a helping nudge in the right direction.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
You have to retain your purpose - I mean its not like there are other members whose crimes against the English language are far greater then my on these forums.

"then my"? "then my"? What the hell is "then my" doing there? Do you mean 'thin man'? How about 'thin men'? 'bread biscuit'? 'cheese wizard'? What do you mean, "then my"? Please, tell us...

FeceMan
"then my"? "then my"? What the hell is "then my" doing there? Do you mean 'thin man'? How about 'thin men'? 'bread biscuit'? 'cheese wizard'? What do you mean, "then my"? Please, tell us...
Good show, I say, good show.

xmarksthespot
no expression

Edit: I just realised I wrote statis instead of stasis. I feel so dirty.

FeceMan
no expression

Guys, stop posting.

I can't win KMC unless my name is in the "last post" column as many times as possible (within certain parameters).

docb77
What about those that have neither?

Oh, those exist too - but I thought we were talking about beauty, and those girls don't have inner or outer beauty. Hot stuck-up girls have the outer, "sweet spirits" have the inner, and then there's those that approach perfection that have both.

Guys, stop posting.

I can't win KMC unless my name is in the "last post" column as many times as possible (within certain parameters).

Win KMC? I didn't know it was a contest.

Capt_Fantastic
Oh, those exist too - but I thought we were talking about beauty, and those girls don't have inner or outer beauty. Hot stuck-up girls have the outer, "sweet spirits" have the inner, and then there's those that approach perfection that have both.

I know many girls who have both.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Win KMC? I didn't know it was a contest.

Well, now you do, and I'm currently winning.

Go me!

I wonder if my prize will be an angel girl who is beautiful on the inside, and outside? Oh, to hope...to dream...

Imperial_Samura

Then my own my dear man. Then my own. I noticed the flaw in my post and had corrected it either as you were posting your critique or shortly afterwards.

If your (hahahaha), ok , ok, if you are wanting your name to be last in as many threads as possible wouldn't it make sense to go to the forums with very low member activity (such as the philosophy forum, or some of the movie forums, etc) and post there? That way you'd be keeping dying forums alive and getting your name down.

FeceMan
Silence, monkey.

xmarksthespot
... junk post.

Imperial_Samura
Silence, monkey.

I'll take that as a "we have movie forums here? Why I never."

FeceMan
I'll take that as a "we have movie forums here? Why I never."
A better translation would be: "Those other forums are trash forums. Why would I go there when I could just post here?"

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Then my own my dear man. Then my own. I noticed the flaw in my post and had corrected it either as you were posting your critique or shortly afterwards.

I could go on with this parade, but I like you, and I want this to stop; you mean to use 'than', not 'then'.

You're welcome, cupcake.

xmarksthespot
I can imagine everyones very carefully checking they're grammer and spelling right now, arn't they.

Imperial_Samura
A better translation would be: "Those other forums are trash forums. Why would I go there when I could just post here?"

The rational answer is you wouldn't, nobody would (though the philosophy forum isn't so bad.) Unless one was playing an imaginary game of "win KMC", which sounds like an undernourished version of "win the Internet." Though people usually win the Internet after doing a great deed of awesome posting, as opposed to just "being the last post in a thread."

Of course I did, though I was hoping FeceMan would pick up on it first - but since I like you as well I wont begrudge you mentioning it.

reggie_jax
samurai; are you an android or what?

if u act like a *****, nigga u get smacked like a ***** - snoop dogg

xmarksthespot
Whobsock or pitiful (if I was capable of pity) eternal virgin? I can't decide.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Of course I did, though I was hoping FeceMan would pick up on it first - but since I like you as well I wont begrudge you mentioning it.

Yes, of course! It was intentional!

(I still like you, even if once upon a time you did tell me about your hats...)

Imperial_Samura
samurai; are you an android or what?

if u act like a *****, nigga u get smacked like a ***** - snoop dogg

Well.... at least that is original as far as rebuttals go. Original and stupid. You best go off and do some unemotional violating of yourself while you think up your next zinger.

I remember that. Ah memories.

reggie_jax
Whobsock or pitiful (if I was capable of pity) eternal virgin? I can't decide. yea. cuz anyone who doesn't submit to cheap hedonism is pitiful (if u wuz kabable ov pitee)

bitchez get horny, niggaz die - tupac

Imperial_Samura
yea. cuz anyone who doesn't submit to cheap hedonism is pitiful (if u wuz kabable ov pitee)

bitchez get horny, niggaz die - tupac

Funny, it is usually the opposite - the individual (let us say you) who claims they have no emotional connection to the person they sleep with is usually considered hedonistic when compared to someone who actually dedicates both emotional and intellectual side of a sexual relationship...

Oops silly. It is unlikely you have either dedicated time to a relationship or been a part of one.

reggie_jax

FeceMan

If I weren't so apathetic, I'd report you and let lil bitchiness freak out and ban you.

reggie_jax
nothing worse than a gash with authority

Imperial_Samura
nothing worse than a gash with authority

Countdown to ban 10... 9... 8...

Storm
Watch your words reggie_jax! They are rude, disrespectful and not appropriate for this forum!

Bardock42
*Sighs.*

You're = you are.

There = location.
They're = they are.

You should (not) visit the OTF, Fece. I swear, they do it on purpose there.

no expression

You mean like Floo and Fece after bukkaking each other over their hilarious correct English fascism?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Wonderer
The only beauty is change - if you think about it, anything that's static bores one into boredom eventually.

I like the ones where the mouse kills the cat.

GCG
My mate made dog feces look like tasty chocolates with Adobe.

Kongu Dude
*Waits*

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Bardock42
You mean like Floo and Fece after bukkaking each other over their hilarious correct English fascism?

It was hilarious, wasn't it?

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I like the ones where the mouse kills the cat.

Hahaha, yeah those ones are good..."You're dead, cat! You're dead!"...and then the cat says, "Yeah, I'm dead."

Mindship

Duh.
Our society is built on make-believe, the cornerstone of which is, "Normal is wrong." This way Big Business can sell you things.

Invent the disease. Sell the cure.

Bardock42
It was hilarious, wasn't it?

Hahaha, yeah those ones are good..."You're dead, cat! You're dead!"...and then the cat says, "Yeah, I'm dead."

Yes it was. I enjoyed it.

Are we talking abotu Tom and Jerry? I don't remeber Jerry killing Tom ever. he didn't have as much as a scratch...y. Haha, get it? get it?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
No, I don't think I do. Unless you are using the letter 'y' as shorthand for the word 'why', in which case I still don't get it.

Bardock42
No, I don't think I do. Unless you are using the letter 'y' as shorthand for the word 'why', in which case I still don't get it.

If I ever use the letter "y" as shorthand for the word "why" you may kill me.

xmarksthespot
You mean like Floo and Fece after bukkaking each other over their hilarious correct English fascism? Can you use the word bukkake like you'd used the word google? He bukkakes, she was bukkaked, they used to bukkake, we're bukkaking... hmm not sure.

Victor Von Doom
Stop saying bukkake in there.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
If I ever use the letter "y" as shorthand for the word "why" you may kill me.

y?

Bardock42
Can you use the word bukkake like you'd used the word google? He bukkakes, she was bukkaked, they used to bukkake, we're bukkaking... hmm not sure.

Yes. I defined it to be that way.

Stop saying bukkake in there.

Oh...what was the theory about the people that are the most homophobic again?

y?

Cuz its sux.

xmarksthespot
Stop saying bukkake in there. But it's such a phonetically pleasing word. Come on. Say it out loud. Say it out proud. You know you want to.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
But it's such a phonetically pleasing word. Come on. Say it out loud. Say it out proud. You know you want to.

I'm so pleased that you mentioned that. I was just about to ponder how it is actually said; in my mind, I'm saying it 'boo-cack-ee', is this right?

xmarksthespot
Although I can be wrong (very rarely of course) I believe the Japanese is actually pronounced boo-kah-kay with a slightly longer interval between the boo and kah.

Edit: Fun with Japanese phonemes:
http://www.barabbi.org/nihongo/audio/bu.wav
http://www.barabbi.org/nihongo/audio/ka.wav
http://www.barabbi.org/nihongo/audio/ke.wav

lord xyz

Interesting. I never realized how much work went into it. I wasn't that surprised until the computer editing part.

FeceMan
Can you use the word bukkake like you'd used the word google? He bukkakes, she was bukkaked, they used to bukkake, we're bukkaking... hmm not sure.
Yeah...I'd rather use the word "bukkake" as a verb than the word "Google."

PVS
its "the google"

FeceMan
I Googled all over your grammar.

lord xyz
No, I don't think I do. Unless you are using the letter 'y' as shorthand for the word 'why', in which case I still don't get it. he was talking about scratchy. Now if Bardock was refering to Jerry when he said that, I would be very confused and mentally wounded... NOT.

Victor Von Doom

Oh...what was the theory about the people that are the most homophobic again?

I was actually quoting Chief Wiggum, but if the shoe fits.

Bardock42
I was actually quoting Chief Wiggum, but if the shoe fits.

You with your pop culture references and talk about shoes, you. No wonder you confuse everyone.

Victor Von Doom
I should add the caveat that I was using most of the Chief Wiggum quote.

He didn't actually say bukkake.

Bardock42
I should add the caveat that I was using most of the Chief Wiggum quote.

He didn't actually say bukkake.

I see, well, it would have been funny. I pictured him talking to one of the Simpsons and someone in the cells screaming and he saying "Stop saying bukkake in there" implying that there is a sort of orgy (most likely involuntarily on the part of the receiver) going on....hmm, or something completely different.

WrathfulDwarf
Interesting...

knEIM16NuPg

JacopeX
Who doesn't. big grin

Hidden Lotus
no wayshock

Röland
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Interesting...

knEIM16NuPg

I fully agree with that video.

I think it's horrible what the modeling/television/magazine industries are doing to the image of what a "beautiful woman" should be.

JacopeX
But seriously, of course all women are photoshoped into something beautiful. It will attract people to buy the product into thinking they will turn out to be like that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
with the right makeup and lighting, and a few airbrush touch ups, most women can look like that.

Barker
Originally posted by JacopeX
But seriously, of course all women are photoshoped into something beautiful. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Yeah, no.

MR.Grum
Originally posted by Barker
Yeah, no. indeed

RocasAtoll
Storm already posted this a little while ago.

WrathfulDwarf
She did? I gotta look it up.

*jumps on batmobile*

Barker
She did? I gotta look it up.

*jumps on batmobile*
I think it was in the GDF, I remember posting in it.

Or at least viewing it. 13

MR.Grum
mod-o-rific

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Barker
I think it was in the GDF, I remember posting in it.

Or at least viewing it. 13

Oh....

..see, I didn't want to put in the GDF because it would generate serious responses (yeah right, nowadays that's an oxymoron) since it's a propaganda video with an agenda.

I posted here because...because..it's a cool video. Without any intentional agenda

Röland

Barker
Sometimes I'll dash in there to make a quick joke in one of the threads just to get some responses, but them I'm out. 13

Penelope
I love beautiful People.

Darth Macabre
Has anyone heard the joke about the Zen master who ordered a hotdog? He said "I'll have one with everything." no expression

I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me? Hah

Hidden Lotus
Originally posted by Penelope
I love beautiful People. why thank you131

Nitya Lyuba
oxymoron

WD......Where did you pick up such a big word??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.