Anyone know the comic that had Spidey's torn mask on a skull?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MX5RACER
I have been looking for this forever, although not that hard. It was a battle between Spiderman and Venom. Venom had chased Spidey to some island and the cover showed a skull with Spiderman's torn mask on it.

Also, are there any other Spidey comics drawn by McFarlane with him wearing the black suit, besides the ones where he is fighting Morbius?

Thanks.

steverules
When u say black suit do you mean the alien one or the one black cat made for him? (I think she made it anyway) as for the torn mask issue. Try searching amazing spider-man issue's before issue 361.

steverules
Ok I found it, it's Amazing spider-man 347

doctorstrongbad
Yeah Todd had some awesome work.

badsymbiote
Good story. Very humorous.
If you don't have this one, you can probably get it for less than $10, but it'll just make you want the neighboring issues if you don't already have them.

Here is one of my scans from that issue, featuring Brock in a very becoming flowered tank top.

doctorstrongbad
I wish he would come back to marvel and drawing spidey.

PRAYERRUN
Wasn't that story about the torn mask on the skull part of the clone thing? I think that was during the time when Ben Reily wore the spider costume, and Peter had lost his powers. I never got to read the full story, but at one point, Ben had all sorts of villains chasing him because of good ol' JJJ. How did that end anyway? I mean what was the skull really?

steverules
it happened with the venom storyline and the clone saga storyline...the skull thing with the torn costume

Sparkz
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
Wasn't that story about the torn mask on the skull part of the clone thing? I think that was during the time when Ben Reily wore the spider costume, and Peter had lost his powers. I never got to read the full story, but at one point, Ben had all sorts of villains chasing him because of good ol' JJJ. How did that end anyway? I mean what was the skull really?

The skeleton in the clone saga turned out to be a failed clone of Spider-man, in the end they used a high tech gizmo to show what his face would have looked like, Peter Parkers face was shown, and everyone ignored it thinking it was a malfunction as it was used on Peter earlier...

supermanwins
spidey will eventually die

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by supermanwins
spidey will eventually die

I forgot which comic is was, but they showed a preview of Spider-man's last battle. He was visiting a grave I think it was MJ's. He was much older and complained that he "couldn't move the the same as he used too." He was visited by that detective guy that he chills with in Amazing Spider-man comics. Does anybody have that comic?

tedsallis
How about this?

http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/images/spiderman_amazing/347.jpg

doctorstrongbad
Any luck with my question? If I remember Doctor Strange is in that comic.

Sparkz
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Any luck with my question? If I remember Doctor Strange is in that comic.

Yeah it was Amazing Spider-man #500, in the arc "Happy Birthday" very good story i thought.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Sparkz
Yeah it was Amazing Spider-man #500, in the arc "Happy Birthday" very good story i thought.

Awesome, thanks for the help. wink

Sparkz
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Awesome, thanks for the help. wink

No probs.

doctorstrongbad
What is next for this forum?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.