Onslaught Reborn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth fury
It's coming up to the anniversary of the comic onslaught and marvel writers have decided to give us a onslaught reborn mini series.

What do u what to see in this comic and are you looking forward to it ?

Will you buy it?

DigiMark007
Sure. I like a good "ultimate evil villian" storyline. And it can't be worse than the original, right?

Galan777
Originally posted by DigiMark007
And it can't be worse than the original, right? I doubt anything could be much worse then the original.

SpunkySmurph
smile

juggernaut66666
2 words
Jeph Loeb no expression

Devil Lance
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
2 words
Jeph Loeb no expression

2 more words
Rob Liefield sick

Liefield's suckiness>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Loeb

Loebs past his prime anyway

Lucid Lui
That's it... I'm coming out of the closet.

I LIKED THE ONSLAUGHT SAGA!!!

That's right. When i first read it, I thought it was awesome.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Lucid Lui

you like horrible art sick

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Devil Lance
you like horrible art sick No... But i was like 9 years old. I didn't really give a **** about plot, characterization or any of the things that make a good story.

I just wanted to see fighting.

DigiMark007
Fair enough. A lot of crap can get ignored if they make it a decent spectacle.

Case in point: IC.

*waits for DC fan backlash*

Devil Lance
No... But i was like 9 years old. I didn't really give a **** about plot, characterization or any of the things that make a good story.

I just wanted to see fighting.

thats no excuse mad

stick out tongue

supervenom
I personally like Onslaught, he's one of my favorite villains.

But this new one looks really ridiculous. I dislike how they made the "Gorilla Onslaught" because he is hungry and cant keep himself together (I just put together what I read from the interview).

If you all think it cant get worse...I for one think it will...

Devil Lance
Fair enough. A lot of crap can get ignored if they make it a decent spectacle.

Case in point: IC.

*waits for DC fan backlash*

roll eyes (sarcastic)
cough HOM cough

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by supervenom
I personally like Onslaught, he's one of my favorite villains.

But this new one looks really ridiculous. I dislike how they made the "Gorilla Onslaught" because he is hungry and cant keep himself together This "new" look is pretty much the same as his final form thing in the original story... before he went all energy type.

Except that Leifield is drawing it so it looks... crap.

Scoobless

I did too.... embarrasment

supervenom
This "new" look is pretty much the same as his final form thing in the original story... before he went all energy type.

Except that Leifield is drawing it so it looks... crap.

I know, with the head and all. But I cant stand the way he stands and he doesnt even reek of power. Not sure if I should pick this one up or not...I think Ill just stay tuned to Planet Hulk for now.

DigiMark007
roll eyes (sarcastic)
cough HOM cough

Agreed. That was even worse. Annihilation and CW are renewing my hope in crossover company-wide epics.

SpunkySmurph
Agreed. That was even worse. Annihilation and CW are renewing my hope in crossover company-wide epics.

Nice sig.

Stupid Rookie

I like your new Sig!

Darth Vicious
I always liked the Onslaught saga maybe because Magneto has always been one of my favorite characters. True Liefeld's art is garbage the original saga had much better artists. The only thing I didnt like was how it ended by creating the Heroes Reborn universe. I cant wait for the new mini to come out but I wish someone else was handling the art.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I always liked the Onslaught saga maybe because Magneto has always been one of my favorite characters. But apart from causing it during Fatal Attractions... Magneto isn't in it... confused

Soljer
Sure. I like a good "ultimate evil villian" storyline. And it can't be worse than the original, right?

Cosigned.

On both counts, but more on the latter than the former.

Darth Vicious
But apart from causing it during Fatal Attractions... Magneto isn't in it... confused

Well back then I used to think the Magneto and Professor X were the most powerful mutants then the whole Onslaught thing came out. I also liked how the tied up the whole X-traitor thing that was running around for years before that. I even bought most of the Onslaught action figures back then.Ill always like Onslaught but looking forward the next super mutant should be a combination of Cassandra Nova +Magneto/Xorn.

inamilist

PREACH ON BROTHA

spread the onslaught love

outavodka
I was young 4 the 1st onslaught C.O. I liked it even though i was young i still found the plot iffy i loved the fighting. God please bless rob with artistic tallent before it comes out bunny

Big Sexy
roll eyes (sarcastic)
cough HOM cough I liked HOM sad

nimbus006
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I liked HOM sad

So did I... THAT'S RIGHT yes

Galan777
I liked HOM sad Me too big grin

Grimm22
The only reason I kind of look forward too this is the return of Franklin's powers

Which were apparently retconned a couple of years ago, however, I think its time to bring them back

Galan777
Originally posted by Grimm22
The only reason I kind of look forward too this is the return of Franklin's powers

Which were apparently retconned a couple of years ago, however, I think its time to bring them back Franky's powers weren't really retconned, they were just "permanently" exhausted when he resurrected Galactus.

PRAYERRUN

Hey pal I'm right in there with ya....I thought the whole idea was cool.big grin the mystery really pulled me in and I wish I could have found the Marvel vs Onslaught comic so that I could read the ending. As for whether or not this new one will be better or not......well i'll just wait and see before I say anything......

PRAYERRUN
Well back then I used to think the Magneto and Professor X were the most powerful mutants then the whole Onslaught thing came out. I also liked how the tied up the whole X-traitor thing that was running around for years before that. I even bought most of the Onslaught action figures back then.Ill always like Onslaught but looking forward the next super mutant should be a combination of Cassandra Nova +Magneto/Xorn. Hey YEAH that's right!! I forgot about the whole X-traitor thing. Did that ever get solved or is it still floating around?

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
Hey YEAH that's right!! I forgot about the whole X-traitor thing. Did that ever get solved or is it still floating around?

Of course it got resolved. The traitor was Professor X/Onslaught. The whole tape recording is played in its entirety I believe.

Devil Lance
I liked HOM sad
sick
52>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HOM
cool

PRAYERRUN
Of course it got resolved. The traitor was Professor X/Onslaught. The whole tape recording is played in its entirety I believe. Coolbig grin.

darth fury
Hmm i like the big super villian mini-series's but i h8ed the 1st onslaught series mostly cause of the artwork but il withdraw judgement on onslaught reborn until i see some proper reviews and stuff.

Big Sexy
sick
52>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HOM
cool I can't read it. I started reading 52 but didn't hold me enough to buy the weekely series. Too me
HOM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>52

Devil Lance
I can't read it. I started reading 52 but didn't hold me enough to buy the weekely series. Too me
HOM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>52

roll eyes (sarcastic)
then you must have really bad taste hen it comes to comics since HOM is one of thw worst "Events" ( if you can even calll it that) ever

While 52 is one of the most vaptivating and intelligent stories I have evr read. wink

Big Sexy
roll eyes (sarcastic)
then you must have really bad taste hen it comes to comics since HOM is one of thw worst "Events" ( if you can even calll it that) ever

While 52 is one of the most vaptivating and intelligent stories I have evr read. wink Sure it is. 52 is just average maybe a little below. Nothing more. Definitely not worth buying weekly. 52 is the comic you get when you already bought the civil war issues , Batman, Green lantern, Ion, and Annihilation for the month. You get it because theirs nothing else left to get.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.