Supermans Superspeed question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marth18
Ok sorry if this was already done but i would like to know.....

When superman runs/flys fast is he doing this at regular speed making everyone look like in slow motion like for example, im walking as a normal person would and everything is in a dead stop moving VERY VERY slowly...

Or is he moving really really fast in his mind and eyes? Ive seen smallville where hes like moving regular while everyone is in slow motion AND moving really fast they do both...

Demas
Both.

Superman obviously has the ability to use highly cognitive activities at high speed... for example, typing up an article at super-speed... tasks that can't simply be accomplished by reflexes or auto-pilot.

However, at the same time, Superman has exhibited a certain lack of cognitive control over said speed and shown auto-pilot at times. That is to say, he does not perceive all things at relatively slow speed at all times. That's why he he can get hit by things far slower than himself. Or why he doesn't get bored to death from flying across the globe or between the stars.

Even without super powers or senses, you and I can experience these relative difference in the awareness of the passage of time... that said, Superman's range is far greater than ours.

Marth18
So im guessing that he can choose which one? Thats what i was thinking

redcaped
Ice Age 2 November 21

Kal875
Originally posted by Marth18
So im guessing that he can choose which one? Thats what i was thinking No dude, I know what your talking about, When he moves we all go realllllllllllllllllllllllllly slow compared to his speed, but everything is moving at normal speed at the same time, he's just moving faster than normal speed, because he's not normal. he doesnt choose, it's te same thing.

Like on Smallville it shows both, like it shows everybody walking normally and Clark superspeeding and other times it shows Clark moving at normal speed while everythings still in slow motion, it just depends on how they do it, from Claks speed or Everybody elses.

Originally posted by redcaped
Ice Age 2 November 21

yup

Marth18
Originally posted by Kal875
No dude, I know what your talking about, When he moves we all go realllllllllllllllllllllllllly slow compared to his speed, but everything is moving at normal speed at the same time, he's just moving faster than normal speed, because he's not normal. he doesnt choose, it's te same thing.

Like on Smallville it shows both, like it shows everybody walking normally and Clark superspeeding and other times it shows Clark moving at normal speed while everythings still in slow motion, it just depends on how they do it, from Claks speed or Everybody elses.

yup

No, on smallville they showed him walking normally AND remember when he was racing flash at the end? They werent just running they were going fast....

Wally West
His perception speeds up like his movement, so he takes everything in much quicker and processes it faster than normal. Theres an issue of Flash where Superman is trying to catch up to him and Flash comments that even though Superman is almost running as fast as him, his perception hasn't caught up to his yet. I don't think things slow down for him, he just processes the info much quicker in his mind.

Kal875
I couldn't of put it better myself, I tried, but I failed.

But that was the point I was trying to make, Superman can only think as fast as his superpowers will let him. Like us normal people can only think so fast. And how Flash can think as fast as he damn well pleases

Marth18
FLASH IS SMARTER! but which one....first one was a scientist wasnt he

redcaped
There's 1 Flash...helmet flash.

supermanwins
the reson everything is slow is coz if they showed us at normal speed u wuldnt be able to se him
in all the films shows ,smallville they slow him down from his natural speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.