Tnt Playing With Fire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PIRATES=SEX
As the expression goes t-n-t are "playing with fire"
they have made a billion dollor movie on one subject
"jack and liz" they cannot make another and expect it to be another
billon dollor movie if it ends will and elizabeth.
and thats the bottom line.
There may be many people who like the w/L pairing
but there are more j/l shippers.
Do you honestly think this movie would have hit the billion mark
if it was just another boring will and liz ending?
NO.
jack is tall , dark and handsome liz wants an adventure , she cant be the wife of a blacksmith.
Her life will be exactly the same as it was before she met jack.
BORRING
the corset in cotbp is a sign , when jack cut the corset he set her free from
the life woman in the 17th century led.
JACK IS A WINNER AND WILL IS A LOSER.
you can tell lizzies feelings for will are starting to fade.
you can see it on her face.
IF T-T END IT WILL AND LIZ I CAN ASSURE YOU THERE
WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER POTC MOVIE THAT HITS THE BILLION MARK!!

johnnyforever
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! that is what i've been saying.

see, keira knightley once said while talking about AWE, that she (keira) wants to be a pirate. she wants to fight witha sword and all that.

and orlando said that by the end of AWE, his character would be getting a lot darker.

do we actually need more of an explaination???

PIRATES=SEX
I know i think in the long run jack and elizabeth look soo much better together........its pirates of the caribbean i honestly think the "pirates" means jack and liz because look at will he is nottt!!! a pirate in any way.

a-k-a-amber
like i said on the will formum you go man!

johnnyforever
YES!! Happy Dance

and you know, don't get me wrong, Orlando Bloom IS hot. just not as hot as johnny depp!!!eek!

a-k-a-amber
lol i put formum...sry

johnnyforever
laughing out loud we knw wt u mnt anwy..

isn't that cool?! ^^^^

a-k-a-amber
lol yall r sartn' to speak my language...

PIRATES=SEX
yuhhh

johnnyforever
its easier! you don hav to worry bout messin up, i mean pple kno wat u mean anyway!

... u know wat i mean??!! lol...

a-k-a-amber
lol so do you REALLY think jack and elizabeth will get together what evidence do we have? lets post it here

PIRATES=SEX
HONESTLY i do think they will end up together.

a-k-a-amber
oh me to! they will it's just one of things you know's gunna happen they might go through a lot and im sure theres going to be a part in there when us J/E shippers have no reason to believe they will but then it will be okay then we can rub it into them W/E's lil' faces

PIRATES=SEX
absolutly@@@@

johnnyforever
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
lol so do you REALLY think jack and elizabeth will get together what evidence do we have? lets post it here well, i know someone posted the 'keira to grown up from pirates' thread. but i need proof, like a video of her saying that. so *that* has something to do with AWE ending.

and if that were true, and they made more sequels, would they just do away with Lizzy? or would they try to find a replacment?

also, what if orlando doesn't want to do anymore. will they have to find a replacement for him too, or do away with him. like make him stab the heart of Davy or something.

and i know Jerry, Gore, and Johnny want to do more, and i think they will do more.

and i need to get to work surfin' the net for more info. so i will try and keep you updated!!

only time can tell i guess!

wow. that was a mouthful!

Mistypirate
If they do decide to commit this stupidity. I will always remember DMC as the best movie of the trilogy. If this happens I doubt that AWE will be such a hit, but I guess the production, i.e writers don't care.
Happy audiences=$$$. I guess they don't write it to make the majority of the audiences happy. Which is really sad

johnnyforever
yeah. sad

i'm looking right now for info, but have been unsuccesful. but the only thing i still am relying on is this one quote right here.

"The third film... will conclude the initial Pirates trilogy, though it is unlikely to be the last Pirates sequel"

that's the best news i think i've heard so far! well i mean i've heard it before, a while ago, but so far there hasn't been much good news!! laughing out loud

Mistypirate
You know I really don't have any more hopes right now, I believe that AWE will be the final trilogy for Keira and Orlando.
Although that quote that you found is really good, because that means that if they decide to make a 4th it will be completely different from the other ones. But I doubt it would be as good as the first 3 movies.

johnnyforever
yeah 'cause without keira and orlando. if they make another that means,

1. they'll either have to find a replacement or do without them
and
2. if they do without them, what are they going to write about?

i highly doubt that they'll do another movie without Will and Lizzy.

laughing out loud

Mistypirate
Yes I doubt they will do the 4th. Johnny is essential to POTC, but the 4 movie wouldn't be that successful without a least Keira. It can work out without Orlando,but it's not going to work out with the both of them gone.

LovelyOne
agreed^^

katelovespirate
i dont really know what this thread is about. but those writers are MEAN. unless we get our ending, they are just plain meanie heads. wink

LovelyOne
sure I agree Kate..

in no way will this be Will's ultimate ending..if they want this movie to go out with a bang..dont end it on the back up character

Mistypirate
They are inconsiderate writers, I remember reading somewhere that TnT said that they don't write their stories to make the audiences happy. They want the stories to be seen through their eyes and their point of view. And It shouldn't be that way, they should keep the majority of us happy. But I guess that is how they think sad . I guess we should respect their decisions and choices, but they should know that all choices bring consequences.

sparrobethroxmy
if Will ends up like davy doesn't that mean his heart is broken becuz the luv of his life fell in love with another and he ends up stabbing the heart and he must know the fate after doing it. and unfortunatley money is the greatest thing in life to a human being accept love of course so im guessing T n T will want that billion mark so it will be smart for them to end j/l and i don't think liz dies becuz member that rumor where she supposably had a child and they cut it off becuz disney didn't approve well then there is the fact that she doesn't die they had to change it so it can be pg 13 and no one really knows what is goin to happen till the movies comes out so are so many rumors that there are rumors about rumors lol

idk if u guys watch desperate housewives but i remeber magazines entertainments and all this other crap saying eva longoria is quiting desperate housewives and she wants to do movies instead well that was like a year ago and she is still on the show and yes she is doing movies but she loves D.H and it wouldn't be the same w/o her so it is basically the same thing about keira she isn't going to quit i remeber one interview probably before DMC came out taht she loves pirates the sword fighting and she has fun. POTC made her even more famous she wont quit on it .

Surreal_44
I don't think J/E had a whole lot to do with the billion mark. I think Johnny Depp's performance really did that alone.

As for Will not being in the next movie, even with Elizabeth and Jack it just wouldn't be the same, and I'm not sure people would enjoy it if Will wasn't there. He's one of the trio, and people who aren't nuts about J/E really don't want to see the trio broken up.

I kind of hope they don't try to make more pirate movies. I really like the idea of just three movies, and while it'd be nice to continue into another trilogy, I don't think that the franchise has enough gas in it to make a run for another 4-5 years while they write, cast and film the movies.

As for Jack's hotnes...er, I also disagree. Norrington is much better looking than him, whether he's scruffy or not. laughing

a-k-a-amber
well tehy can kill will and it still might not happen i mean for all we know anamaria will come back in the next one...and elizabeth...well elizabeth might end up with davy jones for all we know lol

im still J/E all the way though!!!

Pirates life fo
The main reason that the movie hit the 1 billion mark is because of the success of the 1st movie and of course because the Pirates of the Caribbean theme is known world wide because of the ride at Magic Kingdom.

And as far as WIll not being a Pirate...He is as much of a Pirate as Liz is. What reasons do you have for saying he isnt?!?

LovelyOne
he doesn't look like one...laughing out loud I really dont know why this is "Will's Story" according to T&T I just feel that it wont go down very well with critics and the audience.

most countries dont know about the ride at Disney..I've never been on it..I went to se movie 1 because Johnny Depp was in it laughing out loud

Pirates Life Fo. I really do think this will be a mistake if they end it W/E. I dont know why I just feel it...Also based on things I've learned with box office stats..

J/E has made it up for nomination at the People's choice awards..it must be one of the most popular aspects of DMC..J/E is one of the most popular things of 2006 so it must be a major factor in it gaining 1 billion..Its the hottest thing right now. It's the peoples choice so it must be a firm public favorite on screen romance. I hope it wins.

I dont ever remember movie 1 doing that with W/E and a Jack on his own ending because the main character is Jack and Elizabeth is the lead female. Its how it should be. Its what the public like to see in a summer blockbuster

The movie that wins in 2007 is probably going to be the one where the lead character gets the girl..Imagine if spidey lost the girl and went off with two whores that he met in like..once scene of movie 1?? That movie would not be a winner.

Jack has gotta win this, he is the hero big grin Even if it wasn't the original inten DMC sure as heck made him out to be the hero..if the story is Will's the most heroic moment is Will's and he even gets the "happy" ending..then something tells me its going to miss the mark with the public after DMC and its success..its silly to go back to the formula used with movie 1 IMO...its a shame DMC and AWE wer being filmed in one go because movie 2's formula where Jack is the hero and gets the girl has done better than movie 1's where Jack is just a thing there whils the story revolves around him and Will gets the girl

..movie 3 they are going back to that?? I dunno if it will do as well.

LovelyOne
Here is what Ted and Terry are trying to create with AWE's ending..now I don't now if they are hiding things from the scripts or what but from what I'm guessing AWE's ending doesn't tie in with this:

point 2..the ending ties in with a problem raised earlier in the movie..its a solution to it..the only main problem raised earlier on that is unresolved by the end is what happens to Jack when we first meet him in movie 3 it seems.

Will Turner is not the hero in most peoples eyes..It seems to be Jack..even to T&T..they said the hero smiles in every act..well we only see that with Jack not Will...So Jack has got to win his problem needs to be solved...if we see him set off for something we have to see him win it by the end.

This spoiler popped up recently:

""Jack realizes something about himself that stems from what happened in DMC. With the help of Elizabeth and his father, he is able to overcome this struggle. It is at this moment that Elizabeth realizes where her heart truly lies."

this either happens in the movie itself or there is a suggestion it has happened but we don't see it??

Or maybe she helps Jack overcome that and then runs off to Will..but I heard from KttC that Teague only shows up pretty much at the end??

the ending is to be unexpected and be tied in with 3 possible scenarios..so it just tying in with Will? for some reason I don't think so..

willofthewisp
"They are inconsiderate writers, I remember reading somewhere that TnT said that they don't write their stories to make the audiences happy. They want the stories to be seen through their eyes and their point of view. And It shouldn't be that way, they should keep the majority of us happy. But I guess that is how they think . I guess we should respect their decisions and choices, but they should know that all choices bring consequences."-----------Misty

As a writer, I can tell you that the only true way to write is to write to please yourself. If you write to make someone else happy, the story will come out forced, unrealistic, and will just give everyone a feeling of something missing.
The great thing about writing, and all art, is that it ultimately doesn't matter what the author had in mind, though. The reader/viewer will only remember what they took away from it. I'm sure when the first Star Wars movie came out, the majority of people wanted Leia with Luke and Luke to kill Darth Vader. But George Lucas had his story in mind and wrote it how he wanted it and look at the phenomenon that happened. Star Wars means so many things to so many different people.
When Louisa May Alcott wrote Little Women, she finished about half of it and audiences demanded Jo be matched with Laurie, and that's not what Alcott wanted at all, so she finished the story how she saw fit and the book is beloved all over the world. And people to this day analyze it and take it apart to figure it out.
So I think it's wrong to say the writers should please the audience. Number one, the audience is cut in half on who the couple should be, so they can't please everyone, and two, all the reasons I already said. "To thine own self be true."

Pirates life fo
Originally posted by willofthewisp
"They are inconsiderate writers, I remember reading somewhere that TnT said that they don't write their stories to make the audiences happy. They want the stories to be seen through their eyes and their point of view. And It shouldn't be that way, they should keep the majority of us happy. But I guess that is how they think . I guess we should respect their decisions and choices, but they should know that all choices bring consequences."-----------Misty

As a writer, I can tell you that the only true way to write is to write to please yourself. If you write to make someone else happy, the story will come out forced, unrealistic, and will just give everyone a feeling of something missing.
The great thing about writing, and all art, is that it ultimately doesn't matter what the author had in mind, though. The reader/viewer will only remember what they took away from it. I'm sure when the first Star Wars movie came out, the majority of people wanted Leia with Luke and Luke to kill Darth Vader. But George Lucas had his story in mind and wrote it how he wanted it and look at the phenomenon that happened. Star Wars means so many things to so many different people.
When Louisa May Alcott wrote Little Women, she finished about half of it and audiences demanded Jo be matched with Laurie, and that's not what Alcott wanted at all, so she finished the story how she saw fit and the book is beloved all over the world. And people to this day analyze it and take it apart to figure it out.
So I think it's wrong to say the writers should please the audience. Number one, the audience is cut in half on who the couple should be, so they can't please everyone, and two, all the reasons I already said. "To thine own self be true."

AMEN!!

sparrobethroxmy
that is true. well they put the kiss in there so they must at least like the j/l idea and to tell u da truth who knows what goin to happen they said there is no love triangle so liz already knows but im not going to get my hopes up and i think tnt will at least want some advice from the audiance lol they love it when you make comments on their movies. Also they were already filming AWE before DMC came out so it doesn't matter what most people want becuz the story already has its outline.

LovelyOne
but this is not an independent film..this is a movie designed to make money and please the mass audience. Its a summer blockbuster. There is a difference when it comes to what kind of movie it is and how mch creative control a person should have over it. If its meant to make money then the best thing is to go with what the mass audience want. Its actually insane to go against a successful formula that is obviously evident in DMC which is Jack the main character =Hero and gets the lead female..People go to block busters expecting a familiar pattern of story telling..and I'm gonna be honest here..if you mess with that familiar pattern it usually doesnt go down too well no matter how creative you wanna be....has anyone actually seen the reaction to the news that Jack may not get the girl?? Its not too positive where ever I go.

..If this was spider man and he lost out to someone else like a back up character and ended up with two whores who are not even a major part of the franchise you can bet that film would not be the winner of 2007.

This movie has got to end on Jack Sparrow's smiling face..the last frame has to close on that. A star of a block buster should be the one we see fall in love, be the hero have the very best emotional ending..which is what we appear to see and then they are NOT gonna do this??? Its bizzare IMO

this is why I just see this "Will's Story" thing as ...just plain annoying really It was a mistake to make Jack appear to be th hero in DMC..get the girl etc because this is what the mass audience have obviously responded VERY well to and if this suddenly turns into a story based on the back up character I can assure there will be trouble brewing ahead...they know Jack is the money of the movie so why are they making this all about Will Turner?

Why is the last in the trilogy (last of the franchise?) revolving around the back up character that no one really goes there to see except old ladies and Orlie fangirls?

The rest of the audience love to watch Jack Sparrow being the hero IMO..he has to win out in the end..

LovelyOne
I think (not too sure but I think) people may be missing a major theme here..its not WILL who is mirroring the type of man Davy has become..someone else appears to be heading that way because of a certain someone

Is Elizabeth really as cold hearted as Calypso?

This is why I don't buy Liz leaving Jack for Will and that being the final choice of the matter this means she doesn't care for Jack and his heart in any way..which I feel is BS because of her clearly having feelings for him in DMC the whole movie established that... unless she wants to go out as the biggest ***** in cinema history...???

So they close W/E nicely?? yet Jack leaves us.............???

calypso
We've seen Lizzie with pledge her love to Norrington and agree to marry him with no strings to save Will. In the peas in a pod scene she admits to Jack that Norrington would not have gone to get Will if he knew the full truth.

Lizzie betrayed Will's love by harboring womanly feelings for Jack and then the KISS.

Then the ultimate betrayal of Jack, a good man, who came back to save all of them, not just her.

How much would you trust someone if they did this to you? The big finish will be her sailing off by herself.

LovelyOne
she did that to norrington quite easily because she doesn't love him..yet when she does it to Jack she is an emotional wreck..she's so concentrated on Will in DMC and also fearing her feelings for Jack that she does something that majorly hurts Jack or will do in the long run according to what Terry said about him losing his identity because of her. And it ultimately backfires on her cuz Terry said on wordplayer that Elizabeth crying at the end of DMC because "she's just murdered the (good) man she may well love and it reveals a part of herself she might not be able to live with?" A cold hearted part that rejects people she may well love?

LovelyOne
Ok since I'm kicked out of Surreals thread im in here..where was I

oh yes our hero Jack is going to win and we will see HOW he wins big grin..if he leaves the movie unresolved? well thats not winning is it?? we gotta see him win

well we better *shakes fist*

willofthewisp
I'm not saying that T&T following their hearts on what to write will make it W/E necessarily. I haven't read the script, so I don't know what to expect. But they wrote the first two to please themselves. Yes, POTC follows a typical trilogy pattern in that the first movie introduces everyone and who we THINK is the main villain is defeated for the most part. The second movie is always darker and has more character development so our heroes don't get stale and we realize there is an even more evil force out there. Usually one or more characters have to be rescued and there is a cliffhanger. The third movie resolves everything and has the climactic battle.

But the writers did throw in twists and the unexpected, and even though a character or two has to be rescued in almost every second movie, I can tell you the audience was SHOCKED that Jack was swallowed up. So I would consider that a plot twist. He doesn't have to just be rescued. He's dead and needs to come back!

I'm sure there are other examples of the writers putting in surprises and not adhereing to convention that much. Surprise is always what draws the crowds in at summer movies.

LovelyOne
thats why I think there will be more than one twist in the ending...possibly ones they have lept out of the scripts..and its only in theirs and the actor's scripts..they did that with Barbossa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.