Flash and his IMP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StarsNeverFall7
I know the IMP stands for infinity mass punch, but what exactly does he do when he performs this manauver and how powerful is it?

Superherovandal
powerful enough to knock out a Superman-level durable white martian with one punch and knock him into the stratosphere and into Africa.

batdude123
Originally posted by Superherovandal
powerful enough to knock out a Superman-level durable white martian with one punch and knock him into the stratosphere and into Africa.

Yeah... sorry but a white martian isn't as durable as Superman.

AcousticDoc
If flash suppose to be invulnerable when he's doing his IMP? Or does Newton's third law not matter in this case?

batdude123
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
If flash suppose to be invulnerable when he's doing his IMP? Or does Newton's third law not matter in this case?

The speed force protects him.

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by batdude123
The speed force protects him.

How much durability does it give him? Could Flash stand toe to toe with superman with the speedforce aura around him?

batdude123
How much durability does it give him? Could Flash stand toe to toe with superman with the speedforce aura around him?

Theoretically.... yes. And the speed force also give Wally an insane healing factor.

StarsNeverFall7
Awesome, what exactly does he do to be able to do it?

Swanky-Tuna
Run really fast. That's really the jist of all of his super punches.

Wally West
The theory is the faster something goes the more mass it gains, if something (that wasn't massless) managed to achieve lightspeed it would have 'infinite mass', and so the idea is Flash's punches are much more powerful the faster he goes as there is more mass behind them.

Of course something with mass cannot reach lightspeed, and something cannot have 'infinite mass' as it would have infinite gravity and destroy the universe or something, so its all just crazy comic book science.

Swanky-Tuna
The beauty of it is the short and ONLY answer to that is: Speed Force.

There's not a whole lot of details about it so nobody can say what it can't do. It's like magic based on running.

grey fox
I love the SF , it answers all those annoying little questions such as : "Why doesn't flashes skin rip off when he runs past (insert certain speed) he should surely die ! "

Juntai
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
The beauty of it is the short and ONLY answer to that is: Speed Force.

There's not a whole lot of details about it so nobody can say what it can't do. It's like magic based on running. The speedforce is the source of all kinetic energy.

Flash is basically the god of motion.

manjaro
even tho its comic book science i do give a little credence to the IMP thing cuz we've seen in a recent X-men comic where Aurora was tagging the shit outta them with her finger nails, at several times the speed of sound.

StarsNeverFall7
So im assuming basically he hits almost light speed and goes to not having mass and before hitting the individual, reverts to a slightly slower momentum to have mass again in order to throw the punch? That will make no sense to anyone but me....haha...oh well

manjaro
the reason why FURTHER credence needs to be given...Supreme apparently made the same observation in Ish#46 back in 96..tho the main difference was he was in space at the time

King_Mungi
Originally posted by manjaro
even tho its comic book science i do give a little credence to the IMP thing cuz we've seen in a recent X-men comic where Aurora was tagging the shit outta them with her finger nails, at several times the speed of sound.

Yep, a move that could perice through steel just at twice the speed of sound.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/xmen190008as3.jpg

superbatman86
How much durability does it give him? Could Flash stand toe to toe with superman with the speedforce aura around him? No.Because while it brings him up to supes raw punch strength it doesn't account for Supes night IMP punches combined with his crazy strenght.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.