Captain America versus Green Goblin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
I think this is gonna be a good fight.

Green Goblin has flight advantage, is a bit stronger, and has some weapons and tricks up his sleeves.

Captain America is the ultimate fighter and battle strategist, and can use his shield to neutralize alot of Goblin's weapons and can use it as an effective weapon.

I think Captain America will prevail after a hardfought battle.

inamilist
been done, goblin in a curbstomp

PRAYERRUN
Originally posted by masterbruce
I think this is gonna be a good fight.

Green Goblin has flight advantage, is a bit stronger, and has some weapons and tricks up his sleeves.

Captain America is the ultimate fighter and battle strategist, and can use his shield to neutralize alot of Goblin's weapons and can use it as an effective weapon.

I think Captain America will prevail after a hardfought battle.

See that's kind of what I was thinking when I made this post. lol I mean common, That shield has to hurt Goblin somehow lol.

Ultraman Baltan
Masterbruce, go away. This has been done at least ten times.
Goblin always won the majority.

Omega-level
If you don't have Spidey-sense or agility against the Green Goblin, you're screwed.

Daredevil1
Cap can pull off the win.

inamilist
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Cap can pull off the win.

he really can't

going by their best showings cap shouldnt be able to touch the goblin

not to mention that he is nowhere near as fast as spiderman, maning that GG can peg him easily with any of his powerful weapons

Ichigo66666
GG took down Wonderman, as much as i want to deny it. It happened.

Daredevil1
He can. By there best showings have you seen Cap's speed feats????

There crazy impressive. Heck considering what Cap's shield through has gone through. He could probably put it through the Goblins glider.

Dinalfos
Goblin wins, hands down.

inamilist
Originally posted by Daredevil1
He can. By there best showings have you seen Cap's speed feats????

There crazy impressive. Heck considering what Cap's shield through has gone through. He could probably put it through the Goblins glider.

he probably could

but he would never hit the goblin with it

he can move considerably faster than cap can throw, is FLYING, and normally dodges stuff from Spiderman, who is quick and mobile as hell

If cap throws his shield he basically automatically looses because he opens himself up to being pumpkin bombed, and there is no way he is going to be able to dodge them (he is nowhere near as fast as spidey)

Alfheim
Originally posted by inamilist

not to mention that he is nowhere near as fast as spiderman,

Thats not true Cap spead feats are not far off from Spiderman's

he probably could

but he would never hit the goblin with it

he can move considerably faster than cap can throw, is FLYING, and normally dodges stuff from Spiderman, who is quick and mobile as hell

Hee does not have to throw it as fast as the thing is flying, he can time the throw. If Cap can use his shield to trick and upgraded Spiderman he can use it to hit the Goblin. If it come into contact with GG GG is coming off the glider......but...

If cap throws his shield he basically automatically looses because he opens himself up to being pumpkin bombed, and there is no way he is going to be able to dodge them (he is nowhere near as fast as spidey)

If he misses and loses the shield he is in big trouble.

inamilist
Originally posted by Alfheim
Thats not true Cap spead feats are not far off from Spiderman's

are you joking?

Hee does not have to throw it as fast as the thing is flying, he can time the throw. If Cap can use his shield to trick and upgraded Spiderman he can use it to hit the Goblin. If it come into contact with GG GG is coming off the glider......but...

sure, he could probably take the goblin off his glider

its just, you know, goblin dodges the webslinging, super fast spiderman, that doesnt travel in a straight line

and even if goblin does get knocked off, that still doesnt explain how he will possibly evade everything GG can throw at him, considering he hits spidey and he IS faster than cap, AND has a spider sense

If he misses and loses the shield he is in big trouble.

agreed

Alfheim
are you joking?

Not at all. Look at Cap's agility feats. Cap recovering from a hangover was able to keep up with Beast. Beast is also considered to be almost as agile as Spiderman. Cap was able to dodge lasers in zero gravity etc etc. Cap is crazy fast as well. Also Cap is one rank lower than Spiderman in agility in the 1-7 point system.

sure, he could probably take the goblin off his glider

its just, you know, goblin dodges the webslinging, super fast spiderman, that doesnt travel in a straight line

and even if goblin does get knocked off, that still doesnt explain how he will possibly evade everything GG can throw at him, considering he hits spidey and he IS faster than cap, AND has a spider sense

agreed

Well can't disagree with any of that.

inamilist
Not at all. Look at Cap's agility feats. Cap recovering from a hangover was able to keep up with Beast. Beast is also considered to be almost as agile as Spiderman. Cap was able to dodge lasers in zero gravity etc etc. Cap is crazy fast as well. Also Cap is one rank lower than Spiderman in agility in the 1-7 point system.

lazer dodging and bullet dodging in comics arent valid feats. Neither cap nor spidey should actually be able to do it, the fact that guns and lazers are potrayed properly in the books and the fact that every hero has dodged them makes it moot. It is inevitable that a hero will dodge lazers.

Its funny that you bring up beast, because in any Spider-Man vs Beast the general consensus is that spidey is considerably faster than beast. I think cap SHOULD be able to beat beast in most cases, given his fighting ability and the fact that he is fast. He isnt spidey fast though, and he doesnt have precog.

also, handbook ratings here arent really valid proofs either.

So, I guess my question here becomes, In many cases, to imply how fast spiderman is moving, he is drawn multiple times in one frame doing many things. So, he will be fighting the hulk, and in one frame he will have been drawn 4 or 5 times performing differant moves in the time it takes the hulk to do anything.

Where are there representations like that of Cap?

Alfheim
lazer dodging and bullet dodging in comics arent valid feats. Neither cap nor spidey should actually be able to do it,

Yes but they can.

the fact that guns and lazers are potrayed properly in the books and the fact that every hero has dodged them makes it moot. It is inevitable that a hero will dodge lazers.

Yes thats true but characters like The Punisher do not dodge lasers like Cap and Spiderman do. You will not find Dum Dum Dugan dodging lasers in zero gravity or backflipping through bullets, but yes he will avoid being hit by bullets and lasers. How characters dodge lasers and bullets can be an indication of how fast they are.

Its funny that you bring up beast, because in any Spider-Man vs Beast the general consensus is that spidey is considerably faster than beast.

Well that means there is difference of opinion then becuse I have heard different.

He isnt spidey fast though, and he doesnt have precog.

Actually on a low level he does but nothing like Spiderman's

also, handbook ratings here arent really valid proofs either.

They are if the comics back it up. Cap's dodging feats are similar to Spiderman and the fact that he is placed one level below Spiderman further cements this.

So, I guess my question here becomes, In many cases, to imply how fast spiderman is moving, he is drawn multiple times in one frame doing many things.

Are you telling me that you have never seen Cap been drawn in multiple frames......

So, he will be fighting the hulk, and in one frame he will have been drawn 4 or 5 times performing differant moves in the time it takes the hulk to do anything.

Well when Cap fought the Hulk he was not drawn in multiple frames but just like I was saying...he dodged the Hulk but not as well as Spiderman.

Alfheim
he is drawn multiple times in one frame doing many things. So, he will be fighting the hulk, and in one frame he will have been drawn 4 or 5 times performing differant moves in the time it takes the hulk to do anything.

First of all that thing you are talking about didn't actually happen its just Spiderman talking about it....but do you mean stuff like this.

http://img271.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ca21053pc.jpg

This ius Cap doing multiple things in one frame while under machine gunfire at close range.

inamilist
Yes but they can.

Yes thats true but characters like The Punisher do not dodge lasers like Cap and Spiderman do. You will not find Dum Dum Dugan dodging lasers in zero gravity or backflipping through bullets, but yes he will avoid being hit by bullets and lasers. How characters dodge lasers and bullets can be an indication of how fast they are.

Sure, cap has the super soldier serum, he SHOULD be faster than punisher or Dum Dum.

it doesnt change the fact that any of them dodging bullets is PIS (though i will not argue this point. I am willing to concede that bullets and lazers work differantly in the MU)

Actually on a low level he does but nothing like Spiderman's

alright, I won't just dismiss this outright, but you will need a scan before i even give this a chance

They are if the comics back it up. Cap's dodging feats are similar to Spiderman and the fact that he is placed one level below Spiderman further cements this.

the only proof you have given to back this up is bullet dodging...

I think a good representation of a Cap speed feat would be the multiple versions of him in a single pannel, showing super fast movement

additionally, the handbook levels represent HUGE gaps in speed.

1 being less than normal and 7 being instantanious. that leaves 5 levels for representing everything from normal speed to light speed.

on a scale like that, 1 level could be a remarkable differance

Are you telling me that you have never seen Cap been drawn in multiple frames......

Well when Cap fought the Hulk he was not drawn in multiple frames but just like I was saying...he dodged the Hulk but not as well as Spiderman.

yup, ive seen him drawn in multiple frames. Never more than once in the same frame though. If you have a scan I'll buy it.

This is compleatly related to your earlier points though. Sure, the WAY cap dodges bullets and lazers can indicate through the art who is faster than who. This is again art being used to show speed.

inamilist
First of all that thing you are talking about didn't actually happen its just Spiderman talking about it....but do you mean stuff like this.

http://img271.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ca21053pc.jpg

This ius Cap doing multiple things in one frame while under machine gunfire at close range.

cool, i hadn't seen that

so, cap moves very fast compared to normal humans

ill buy it

Alfheim
cool, i hadn't seen that

so, cap moves very fast compared to normal humans

ill buy it

Well basically the scans you are talking about with Spiderman blitzing the Hulk actually never happened anyway. If you read what it says it is just him talking in theory. So that example doesnt even count.

http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avengersv3005059vh.jpg

Hes not dodging a normal human there and Cap is shown moving so fast he is shown multiple times in one frame.

inamilist
Well basically the scans you are talking about with Spiderman blitzing the Hulk actually never happened anyway. If you read what it says it is just him talking in theory. So that example doesnt even count.

http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avengersv3005059vh.jpg

Hes not dodging a normal human there and Cap is shown moving so fast he is shown multiple times in one frame.

ok, i wont argue

ive seen many scans on here with spiderman doing that to the hulk, from differant issues (time periods even). I think it also occurs vs the juggernaut

I dont read either very regularly, so i appologize for not having any sort of counter, but I'm not going to argue these with you. If this were cap vs Man-Thing, I could burry you with the scans.

Cap moves a little faster than I thought he did. I dont think it makes a huge differance here...

Omega-level
Originally posted by Ichigo66666

That's pure and simple PIS.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Omega-level
A bit. Not much.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Ichigo66666

Woah! When?

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Omega-level

Not at all! That's a lesson to underestimaters of Norman: Do not ever **** with the Goblin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.