Telepaths vs Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Team Telepath
Classic Psylocke
Emma Frost
Charles Xavier
Cassandra Nova
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Despero
Hector Hammond
Rachel Grey
Moondragon with the Mind Gem
The Stepford Cuckoos
Phoenix

vs

Team Storm
Storm

All characters have reflexes reduced the same level. Telepaths can only use telepathy, and/or telekinesis if they have the latter at their disposal. Not so much a fight but:

Which team manages to effect an attack first?

Cosmic Flame
I can't believe you created such a lopsided spite thread. Everyone knows that Storm will take take them all down because before any of them can act, she can summon lightning, and no telepath can get inside her mind because there's lightning in her brain thus frying her brain doesn't work besides she can summon lightning before any of the telepaths can think.

DUH! I'm SO disappointed in you X...I expected better. Storm for the win!

Lucid Lui
So...

I'm guessing someone's been saying Storm is too fast for telepaths?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
So...

I'm guessing someone's been saying Storm is too fast for telepaths? It's a bimonthly cycle.Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
I can't believe you created such a lopsided spite thread. Everyone knows that Storm will take take them all down because before any of them can act, she can summon lightning, and no telepath can get inside her mind because there's lightning in her brain thus frying her brain doesn't work besides she can summon lightning before any of the telepaths can think.

DUH! I'm SO disappointed in you X...I expected better. Storm for the win! Silly me.

wiccan999
laughing laughing out loud Oh that Storm, when she draws on the power of fan-boy's shes unstoppable.

xmarksthespot
Compulsion necessitates I bump this...

inamilist
compulsion is contagious

wiccan999
and how Happy Dance Happy Dance

Superherovandal
Telepaths. the effects of weather change are no instantaneous. The atmosphere actually has to change inorder for Storm's attack to work. The telepaths however only have to think and it happens and telekinetics also.

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Team Telepath
Classic Psylocke
Emma Frost
Charles Xavier
Cassandra Nova
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Despero
Hector Hammond
Rachel Grey
The Stepford Cuckoos
Phoenix

vs

Team Storm
Storm

All characters have reflexes reduced the same level. Telepaths can only use telepathy, and/or telekinesis if they have the latter at their disposal. Not so much a fight but:

hysterical

gold.

Shalimar_fox
oh my.well i knenw you would would have made this,but it is unfair to storm,seen you put an array of telepaths why have you not placed other elementals that can control lighting

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
oh my.well i knenw you would would have made this,but it is unfair to storm,seen you put an array of telepaths why have you not placed other elementals that can control lighting

According to a few people...she can take out all the telepaths before they can even manifest a thought.

King Kandy
According to some people in marvel canon, thought is faster then light.

So it's faster then storm.

batdude123
Originally posted by King Kandy
According to some people in marvel canon, thought is faster then light.

Horse manure.

Shalimar_fox
i would not say lighting is faster than an thought because the speed of thought can not be measured.but if storms powers block,slow down,cause them pain or make her impervious to psionc attacks then it may be counted that the degree of the attack my harm Storm and the telepathic thus,K.O ing all of them at once.

King Kandy
Originally posted by batdude123
Horse manure.
In an old Hulk comic, the Leader sent Hulk into another Galaxy by converting his mass into "Thought Waves", and thinking about where he wanted Hulk to go.

Because "The speed of thought is unlimited."

xmarksthespot
Horse manure. Actually I have a scan in which narration states the speed of thought moves at the speed of light. But I'm pretty sure "thought" is referring to psionic powers, rather than thought processes. I.e. telepathy/telekinesis has no latency but that doesn't mean it isn't still limited by how fast the user can think.

batdude123
Originally posted by King Kandy
In an old Hulk comic, the Leader sent Hulk into another Galaxy by converting his mass into "Thought Waves", and thinking about where he wanted Hulk to go.

Because "The speed of thought is unlimited."

Which is horse manure. Thought is definitely NOT faster than light.

Shalimar_fox
an action is slower than the tought,maybe you all are making jean and all telepaths more powerful than they really are

xmarksthespot
Yes. An action is slower than thought. Such as producing wind, rain, snow, or lightning.

However telepathy and telekinesis are thought. Conception and execution are one and the same.

trademark
Charles Xavier by himself would beat strom

King Kandy
Which is horse manure. Thought is definitely NOT faster than light.
Yes, it's bull.

But it's also canon.

Shalimar_fox
telepathy i'll let side put T/K is not only an tought but an action most even jean has to use one hand to control the object,I much as i hate to as it jean could crush my poor storm with her T/K

Shalimar_fox
this is not far as why not we put rogue in this to help storm

xmarksthespot
Yes. Rogue is clearly going to change the outcome. no expression

bigbran
Lightening travels at a third of the speed of light.
She also has to do a bunch of stupid actions to summon this.
As soon as she raises her hand, she gets her mind blasted to China.

I never thought that there were actually Storm fanthings, this bad.

ExtraMision5555
does she have to rasie her hand though? i mean, literally
does she need to raise her hand to channle lightning ?

The Weather God
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
does she have to rasie her hand though? i mean, literally
does she need to raise her hand to channle lightning ?

No and this thread is completly pointless because the person that made this thread wanted to feel good about themeselves because they obviously aren't too sure about themselves if storm can actually defeat jean.

I'll just make my own little thread.

xmarksthespot
Pointless implies obviously that it has no point. It has a clear point. Not who will win? Not who's more powerful? But...

A simple question.

I... like.. Jean Grey? Galacticstorm would beg to differ.

Feel free, I'm sure it will reflect much better on you than I. smile

The Weather God
Pointless implies obviously that it has no point. It has a clear point. Not who will win? Not who's more powerful? But...

A simple question.

I... like.. Jean Grey? Galacticstorm would beg to differ.

Feel free, I'm sure it will reflect much better on you than I. smile

They'll probrobly give storm the first chance to strike and then destroy her. sad

Storm gets the first attack smile

xmarksthespot
Characters fight to the best of their ability as per KMC rules. No one is giving anyone else the chance to strike first.

The Weather God
Characters fight to the best of their ability as per KMC rules. No one is giving anyone else the chance to strike first.

Then storm still takes the first stike at jean grey. stick out tongue

Then the rest own her

Soljer
Originally posted by The Weather God
Then storm still takes the first stike at jean grey. stick out tongue

Then the rest own her

Ummmm...how?

All of these other characters have powers which function MUCH more rapidly than Storm's.

Not to mention, many of them have cognitive processes which function even more rapidly.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame

dustylol

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Soljer
Ummmm...how?

All of these other characters have powers which function MUCH more rapidly than Storm's.

Not to mention, many of them have cognitive processes which function even more rapidly. Not according to some. smile

Soljer
Not according to some. smile

Well these 'some' better have a valid excuse for thinking so.

Like...a full frontal lobotomy perhaps.

Validus
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame

Don't reproduce.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Validus
Don't reproduce. Silly Vally. That was parody. Of course it wasn't that great a parody so maybe your comment still stands.

Validus
Silly Vally. That was parody. Of course it wasn't that great a parody so maybe your comment still stands.
Oh it definitely still stands.

xmarksthespot
Where one thread goes. The other likes to follow...

Metalmanx
Yes. An action is slower than thought. Such as producing wind, rain, snow, or lightning.

However telepathy and telekinesis are thought. Conception and execution are one and the same.

Why this statement is so hard to understand is well beyond me.

The Weather God
Originally posted by Soljer
Ummmm...how?

Not to mention, many of them have cognitive processes which function even more rapidly.

Storm calls a massive full fledge thunderstorm in a blink of an eye, do keep in mind that a blink of an eye is a half second or less.
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5886/undergroundmosoon6lj.th.jpg
Half second
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/4787/splitsecondreactionqa8.th.jpg
Blink of an eye
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8593/uncannyxmenannual06pagepv4.th.jpg

There's your valid excuse want a cookie now. smile

Metalmanx
"Blink of an eye" = Expression. Not ACTUALLY the time-span of the duration of an eye-blink. blink

xmarksthespot
Firstly the middle scan is Emma Frost's telepathically trained mind in Storm's body. And there's still a lag.

Secondly the third scan illustrates why Storm's power is slower than telepathy or telekinesis. Whatever Storm wants to do she must manipulate weather to do it. Which has a lag.

Thirdly:Originally posted by Metalmanx
"Blink of an eye" = Expression. Not ACTUALLY the time-span of the duration of an eye-blink. blink As is "in a split-second."

Edit: Finally in the first scan Rogue says the Storm is getting worse every second again indicating that the weather effects develop over time.

The Weather God
Originally posted by Metalmanx
"Blink of an eye" = Expression. Not ACTUALLY the time-span of the duration of an eye-blink. blink

The second scan proves that it truly does take a half a second to release her fury.

No no no! the second scan proves that storm can use her powers in a half second. The first and this one
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5226/uxman308jq3.th.jpg
say blink of an eye which is a half second in time (In which the same time lenth it took for emma to use storm's powers) stick out tongue

The third scan was a mistake.

The Weather God
Edit: Finally in the first scan Rogue says the Storm is getting worse every second again indicating that the weather effects develop over time.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5226/uxman308jq3.th.jpg
Blink of an eye roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmarksthespot
It's called an idiom. no expression

The Weather God
It's called an idiom. no expression

Blink of an eye definition

a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat); "if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash"

The same lenth it took for emma to use storm's powers smile

xmarksthespot
Blink of an eye definition

a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat); "if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash" It took you that long to google the word "idiom" to find out what it meant and then google "in the blink of an eye"? Storm's powers occur in a New York minute. Good for her. But they're still too slow for a telepath/telekinetic.
The same lenth it took for emma to use storm's powers smile Yes, to use Storm's powers, not her own. As Storm's powers rely on and effect through manipulation of weather, and therefore have a lag. While telepathy has no latency.

The Weather God
It took you that long to google the word "idiom" to find out what it meant and then google "in the blink of an eye"? Storm's powers occur in a New York minute. Good for her. But they're still too slow for a telepath/telekinetic.

Actually I had went to the rest room and got something to drink. You also planted that word there for me i see. wink

Originally posted by xmarksthespot Yes, to use Storm's powers, not her own. As Storm's powers rely on and effect through manipulation of weather, and therefore have a lag. While telepathy has no latency.

This was a wind manipulation of the weather. Also you should do a google seach for what a split second mean's because it also mean's instantly. The same amount of time the telepaths need. stick out tongue
Blink of an eye

xmarksthespot
You also planted that word there for me i see. wink huh
This was a wind manipulation of the weather.And? It's an expression to indicate her powers are fast. They still have a lag.
Also you should do a google seach for what a split second mean's because it also mean's instantly. The same amount of time the telepaths need. stick out tongue
Blink of an eye Idiom. Lag. Telepathy and telekinesis are faster. And on top of that their minds work faster.

The Weather God
huh
And? It's an expression to indicate her powers are fast. They still have a lag.
Idiom. Lag. Telepathy and telekinesis are faster. And on top of that their minds work faster.

Ok they do.

Well it's getting late and i'm off to my bed

Nighty Night smile

psy_blade
Mind gangbang ftw.

pr1983
Team Telepath
Classic Psylocke
Emma Frost
Charles Xavier
Cassandra Nova
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Despero
Hector Hammond
Rachel Grey
The Stepford Cuckoos
Phoenix

vs

Team Storm
Storm

closed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.