Game Versus Rule Change?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
In the Game Vs. Forum there is a rule that dictates that the character has to originate from a game..

I think that is preposterous, at least make it so only one of the characters has to originate. The idea you can't have something like "JC Denton Vs. Neo" just because Neo was in other things before video games just seems stupid.

Barker
That is kinda dumb, but there's always the chance of some Dumbass starting a bunch of "Barbie vs Samus lol omg" threads.

Lana
The rule's in place for a reason, and it's not changing. People abused the hell out of it before I made it that.

I've never even seen you post in the VG Vs., for that matter.

SpadeKing
Then you would have idiots all over this thread posting stuff like

"Goku vs. James Bond" or "the yellow teletuby vs. Goofy" erm

Ricodrayz
Some people do something awrong so punish everyone BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA evil face evil face

I should tell this to Batman.

"Batman, the majority of Gotham city is bad so kill them all, BAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA, even the good" 2guns2guns
DIE!!!! youpiyoupiyoupiyoupi

Yes, I am over reacting and very bored but you get the point no expression

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Then you would have idiots all over this thread posting stuff like

"Goku vs. James Bond" or "the yellow teletuby vs. Goofy" erm He said if one of them originated from a Video game. I don't believe any of the people you listed origanted out of one. You sir Fail evil face

Lana
People still did that, all the time.

Deal with it, it's not changing.

§noopy
Why can't it be altered to allow characters that have appeared in video games regardless of origination?

Lana
Because that's how it used to be. And people would use it to make matches with any characters they could think of, while putting in one character than had been in a game.

Sorry, but no. Lenient rules were abused. VG Vs rules are no more strict than those of the Comic Book or Star Wars Vs.

Bardock42
Maybe we should have a dumbass vs. forum. Where people could have all their favourite match ups like "A toaster versus Galactus", "Diablo vs. R2-D2" and an all time favourite "Batman with prep versus anything" (Batman takes it).

§P0oONY
I think you people have missed my point. I don't want the rules loosened to the extent of people being able to post a Vs. battle of 2 characters that are only barely affiliated with video games. Just that if they are major video game characters as well as novel, film or TV characters they can still be considered. At least make it so only 1 character has to come directly from a video game and the other can originate from another medium but still has to be a major character in a video game. The ruling will obviously still go under moderator discretion but at the same time it's loose enough to make a thread like "JC Denton Vs Neo" which I think is a reasonable idea for a thread.

Lana
That is what the rule used to be; at least one character had to have originated in a game.

And people abused the hell out of it, hence it having to have been changed.

And, as I said, it will not be changing back.

§P0oONY
Is that not what a moderator is for? Stopping people who abuse the rules of the forum?

Just because some people abuse a rule, doesn't mean you should stop everyone else from making threads that are reasonable just because you can't be bothered moderating the forum.

Ricodrayz
Bah, I give up. No one gives a shit; it is KMC so no one will have a say. There is a better chance of the Devil joining the forums than people changing there minds.

With that said. Let's all get cake and sing a wonderful song lol. Lalalalalalalalala

Lana
When I'm closing 10+ threads a day - which I was doing in the last couple weeks before I changed the rules - it starts to get a bit ridiculous.

It's not up for discussion. It's not changing.

§P0oONY
I'm going to bed now. Just so you know though, I'm not trying to get at you Lana. I just don't think that everyone who wants to make a thread in the forum should be restricted so much just because a few morons decide to **** about. I don't really post in the Vs. thread enough to care but Deus Ex is totally one of my favourite games and I'd like to see JCD kick Neo's whiny little Matrix arse.

Lana

Barker
Maybe just allow Spoony to make his one thread. no expression

Captain SEX
I wouldn't say MOST, Lana. After all, you ARE getting pstered all the time by people wanting to know about the "Vs. everything" section Raz is supposed to be considering.

Lana
Erm, I wouldn't say two or three people asking about it once a month is being constantly pestered.

Nor will pestering me about that actually accomplish anything ermm

Bardock42
It is a decent idea to have a versus everything section though.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Bardock42
It is a decent idea to have a versus everything section though.

It would be "Versus Anything" actually... smart

Syren
Or just have another Mod alongside Lana and revert back to the way it was before? shrug

No, actually, I like the idea of another forum altogether for the moronic vs. threads. It'd be like the OTF to the GDF smile

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Syren
Or just have another Mod alongside Lana and revert back to the way it was before? shrug

No, actually, I like the idea of another forum altogether for the moronic vs. threads. It'd be like the OTF to the GDF smile

We should totally come up with names for the forum. hmm

Ricodrayz
A name for it could be "Crossover V" and it would be Comic characters Vs Video Game Characters vs even star wars characters and any other genre that wished to be in it, they would have to ask a mod first to add it to the list of characters than can be used; so no one ends up putting stupid characters like Tom and Jerry vs Superman and Yoda no expression

§P0oONY
Nah... Where would you shove threads like. "Butter Vs. Margarine" or "Toast Vs. The American Flag"?

What about "Misc. Versus", "The Off-Topic Battles" or "I'm a reject versus thread. My only home is with the other rejects here."

Ricodrayz

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Ricodrayz
Up your ass? I don't think anyone would give about those. Ok, we have the Crossover Vs section and then one thread in it that Says GARBAGE Vs, where a piece of ham vs your shoelace could go in..if it make syou feel better....

I was joking.... But still... Want kind of loser fan-boy really wants to see Superman fight Vader? It'd be far more interested to see the outcome of the butter, margarine fight than that geek clash.

Ricodrayz

MC Hammer
I haven't been in the game vs part yet properly, I looked at the rules when I came the other day and saw how crap they were. So I go to another forum with a moderator willing to mod.

Barker
Good. Stay there.

Lana
See, if I weren't willing to mod, there'd be no rules and I'd never be in there.

But that's not true, is it.

The main complaint people have in wanting to change the rules is that they don't think there's enough variety. Well, being as nearly every single match in there is Street Fighter or Tekken...maybe people should note that there's more games than that. Maybe once every single game character match has been done people could have a case based on variety.

Bardock42

Captain SEX
Originally posted by Lana
See, if I weren't willing to mod, there'd be no rules and I'd never be in there.

But that's not true, is it.

The main complaint people have in wanting to change the rules is that they don't think there's enough variety. Well, being as nearly every single match in there is Street Fighter or Tekken...maybe people should note that there's more games than that. Maybe once every single game character match has been done people could have a case based on variety.

So your saying that its the members fault that they don't play certain games, so they have less variety?

I heavily dislike the FF series, so I'm not inclined to make FF vs. threads because I don't know anything about Final Fantasy.

Just because you, personally, might have a large variety of games, and as a result would have a larger variety of who to put in a vs. fight, doesn't mean others do to.

Lana
Originally posted by Captain SEX
So your saying that its the members fault that they don't play certain games, so they have less variety?

I heavily dislike the FF series, so I'm not inclined to make FF vs. threads because I don't know anything about Final Fantasy.

Just because you, personally, might have a large variety of games, and as a result would have a larger variety of who to put in a vs. fight, doesn't mean others do to.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all.

I'm saying there's TONS of games yet everyone always draws from the exact same few games for just about everything. I know people in there play more than just SF, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and Halo (at least I would hope so), yet matches with that are the majority of what you see. There's more than that, Mario, Zelda, and Final Fantasy out there.

There's tons of variety available, it just seems that everyone sticks to the same games and characters.

Captain SEX
Eh, thats true. But still it gets anooying after awhile. I mean I'm sorry, but Toad vs. *insert random RPG character* just doesn't appeal...

Captain REX
The variety problem is emerging in the Star Wars forum, but the complaints died down, it seems.

§P0oONY
All the Star Wars forums should be merged now.... (minus the RP one)

They're just not pulling in the traffic they used to. Get rid of Matrix too, that never gets posts now.

Lana
The SW forums still get plenty of traffic...and Matrix is already a subforum and has been a long time.

§P0oONY
Why keep a forum, even if it is a sub-forum if it gets no posts? It's just a waste of space and the SW forums don't get enough traffic to warrant 4 forums.

Lana
How is it a waste of space? I mean, really...how is a handful of letters on the main page a waste of space?

Captain REX
Why worry about it if you don't visit those sections as it is? ermm

This board started off as a Star Wars forum, so I don't see any need to just push them all into one forum and stick them in with the rest of the movies.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Ricodrayz
He said if one of them originated from a Video game. I don't believe any of the people you listed origanted out of one. You sir Fail evil face

people still do it anyway no expression so you sir failed worst than I did.

I can't beleive this is still going though messed

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Lana
How is it a waste of space? I mean, really...how is a handful of letters on the main page a waste of space?

If you want a message board to grow then you've got to introduce new forums but at the same time you can't just have unlimited amounts of them. It's the same with any kind of business.

Originally posted by Captain REX
Why worry about it if you don't visit those sections as it is? ermm

This board started off as a Star Wars forum, so I don't see any need to just push them all into one forum and stick them in with the rest of the movies.

Tradition shouldn't be a reason to maintain clutter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.