The end scene of AWE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne
Now lets be realistic.

The ending of this Trilogy has to end on the man who made it famous in the first place..Will Turner in an ending scene is not enough to capture the audience emotionally enough to leave us saying "WOW what an ending to an amazing franchise" This has to end on JACK SPARROW..the last frame in this franchise has to end on Jack Sparrow's smiling face...in my opinion...they did this with movie 1..they knew they had to end on Jack's smiling face.

Know what I find interesting?

Apparently Jack leaving into the sunset with the whores is NOT the very last scene in the film.

Why is this ending where Jack sails off into the sunset such an over exaggerated version of movie 1's ending?..

I thought T&T hated Star Wars because movie 1 and movie 3 ended the same way.

UNLESS there is something else here that they are gonna twist on us when it comes to Jack.

In their commentary for movie 1..I'm certain they said by the end of it they want to see their character do something you never thought they would when you first meet them..we first meet Jack caring for himself? We see him leave the franchise caring only for himself?

Why dont I believe this corny..flat ending where Jack leaves with two whores into the sunset??..There is no bang in that ending what so ever..we have already seen this in movie 1..well Jack in movie 1 started one way and actually left with Elizabeth on his mind but it was very subtle.

They also say the ending has to be a twist and unexpected yet you always knew it was a possibility judging on what we have already seen.

PirateDiva
Exactly.....even though POTC2 was a great MOvie....i think ppl still felt cheated b/c it didnt end with JACK....i mean i know i did a little... u know there was that thing in the back of my mind like where is JAck? cause ideally ppl want to see him, but thats were ppl had to understand that its a MIDDLE MOVIE....so i think in order for ppl to be satisfied it does have to end with JACK....it is very realistic...cause even though there are several prominant characters JACK is what made the Movie!!!! Bottom Line!!

Mistypirate
The thing where Jack leaves w/ the 2 whores is that on the script, or is it proved to be false?

You know what will shock the hell out of me. Is if I see Jack leaving with the 2 whores a few minutes before the ending. And then forwarding in to the future with J/L ending. I think that could work out.

katelovespirate
i've never heard of the ending where Jack sails into the sunset with the whores? Did that actually come from a source--- or did someone just assume that it happened after that one measly picture of Jack filming a scene with the whores on a dock?

what are things we could never imagine Jack doing?

-lawfully marrying Elizabeth
-being governor of Port Royal
-killing Will or Elizabeth
-being friends with Beckett or Barbossa
-killing Gibbs
-moving to England
-taking off the dreds or eyeliner
-being involved in a fair swordfight
-flying
-wearing a British Royal Navy outfit
-joining the church- for real
-getting mushy and saying "i love you" to someone
-being clean
-brushing his teeth
-swearing off rum

but to be honest--- i wouldnt WANT him to do the majority of that stuff. wink

PirateDiva
Or Maybe Jack is walking off with the two whores to lead them to like GIBBS and the rest of his crew to introduce them....b/c he is now off the market and then he turns, takes LIZ's hand and they walk of together!!! lol

katelovespirate
here's my mind dreaming/trying to work it out...

Jack sees Will and Liz get married. He decides to be the bigger man and try to move on. He celebrates with them, halfheartedly, and then sails off with the whores to find the fountain of youth. But he's scarcely a few days out to sea when he realizes he cant walk away.
Meanwhile, Will has stabbed the heart and sailed off on the flying dutchman.

Jack shows up, comforts Elizabeth and offers her a place aboard the pearl. Not only will this allow her adventure, she can visit will whenever she wants and enjoy Jack's company. wink

LovelyOne
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Exactly.....even though POTC2 was a great MOvie....i think ppl still felt cheated b/c it didnt end with JACK....i mean i know i did a little... u know there was that thing in the back of my mind like where is JAck? cause ideally ppl want to see him, but thats were ppl had to understand that its a MIDDLE MOVIE....so i think in order for ppl to be satisfied it does have to end with JACK....it is very realistic...cause even though there are several prominant characters JACK is what made the Movie!!!! Bottom Line!!

IMO movie 2 was ok to not end on Jack..Its not the last we will be seeing of him in a while..we know he's going to come back..and he did have the most dramatic exit in the movie so it really did end with only Jack on our minds.

If movie 3 is wrapping up a trilogy its got to end on Jack..the last frame has to close on him.

but Jack leaving as we have already seen him leave at the end of a story once before is not gonna be enough to give us the WOW factor..his character needs more closure than that...he needs to end this movie in the very last scene

katelovespirate
Okay--- here's a thought.

the final frame of Jack was going towards the horizon--- free, happy, with his ship, after treasure.

so the logical growth/reversal shot for 3 to end on would be Jack sailing TO Port Royal (or someplace), and choosing to step onto land, towards someone.

LovelyOne
Jack did leave into the horizon..but he did appear to have something more on his mind than what he had whilst entering the movie.

Mistypirate
Wait a minute, so that would mean that the baby belongs to Will. Noooo I wouldn't like that ending. Will has to stab the heart the second he gets married, Jack has to be there watching them get married heartbroken and miserable. He sees that the eunuch has stabed the heart, Jack gets there comforts Liz and the end.

katelovespirate
guys, im sorry, but they would not waste time on a wedding if it isnt consumated. it wouldnt make any sense.

Mistypirate
So IYO E/W will consummate their marriage? sad

PirateDiva
Originally posted by LovelyOne
IMO movie 2 was ok to not end on Jack..Its not the last we will be seeing of him in a while..we know he's going to come back..and he did have the most dramatic exit in the movie so it really did end with only Jack on our minds.

If movie 3 is wrapping up a trilogy its got to end on Jack..the last frame has to close on him.

but Jack leaving as we have already seen him leave at the end of a story once before is not gonna be enough to give us the WOW factor..his character needs more closure than that...he needs to end this movie in the very last scene

Well i know that, thats why i said thats when ppl had to understand it was a Middle movie so it was ok.....but my point is that ppl feel like the protagonist should end the film.... so im just comparing the empty feeling in POTC2 and if POTC3 should end with anyone other than JACK that empty feeling will TRIPLE leaving a lot of angry ppl!!!

LovelyOne
I agree Kate..in one way.

but when you think back to the end of DMC. Elizabeth Killed a man...KILLED a man so that she could be with Will you would think that was a big statement of where her heart truly lies..but what did we actually see afterward?

I've said this hundreds of times...T&T say the all the closure needed is in DMC ..I sense we may see this repeated but on a much larger scale..they said if they were to end the franchise now they would have ended it getting the point across and would be fine with leaving PotC like this.

Obviously most people left that movie believing Elizabeth loved Jack even after making a pretty big statement that she chose Will.

PirateDiva
Jack did leave into the horizon..but he did appear to have something more on his mind than what he had whilst entering the movie.

Ya there was a TWINKLE in his eye....a TWINKLE named LIZ!!! big grin

LovelyOne
nop^^ he was singing the pirates song she taught him on the beach..the night they were dancing around having fun..the night he met a woman who actually left him speechless.

Alina
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Wait a minute, so that would mean that the baby belongs to Will. Noooo I wouldn't like that ending. Will has to stab the heart the second he gets married, Jack has to be there watching them get married heartbroken and miserable. He sees that the eunuch has stabed the heart, Jack gets there comforts Liz and the end.

I thought that whole Baby-thing was cut confused
But even IF it was in, I believe the child was supposed to look like Will AND Jack. Will and Liz are separated again in AWE, she is with Jack when they meet Teague, who knows what can happen while they are together? We might get an implied "love-scene". Something with them sharing a passionate look, then Liz walking into Jack's cabin and Jack shutting the door after her with a huge smirk...I dunno. But I think I would take the Baby-ending to the rumoured Elizabeth becomes Mrs Fish-face...

PirateDiva
nop^^ he was singing the pirates song she taught him on the beach..the night they were dancing around having fun..the night he met a woman who actually left him speechless. -LOVELYONE

^^whats nop mean?

LovelyOne
nope** lol
well yeah..he did leave with the Lizzie twinkle in his eye whilst singing that song

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Alina
But even IF it was in, I believe the child was supposed to look like Will AND Jack. Will and Liz are separated again in AWE, she is with Jack when they meet Teague, who knows what can happen while they are together? We might get an implied "love-scene". Something with them sharing a passionate look, then Liz walking into Jack's cabin and Jack shutting the door after her with a huge smirk...I dunno. But I think I would take the Baby-ending to the rumoured Elizabeth becomes Mrs Fish-face...

Ya implied sex scene....i mean that would be a way to spice it up....u know LIZ not knowing who the baby belongs too would be a hell of an interesting story!!! LMAO!!!

PirateDiva
nope** lol
well yeah..he did leave with the Lizzie twinkle in his eye whilst singing that song

I was about to say!!! lol

Mistypirate

You know what, I was thinking about that. Maybe they will imply something. And then at the end people would say Hey how did that happened? But when you looked back, that hint or scene would imply how that really happened. That would be a shocker eek!

katelovespirate
its undemocratic for her to sleep with Will and not Jack. wink

Mistypirate
Originally posted by katelovespirate
its undemocratic for her to sleep with Will and not Jack. wink

WHAT??? UNDERDEMOCRATIC??? confused

I don't get it....

Mistypirate
Does it mean that is not going to be her choice if she does sleep with Will? But in what way?

LovelyOne
------

imagine we don't know squat about AWE.

With Elizabeth we see her make a choice to make a commitment to Will by rejecting Jack despite having feelings for him and vise versa, then she clearly makes a commitment to Jack before the movie ends. Terry basically says she's lost someone she may well love and it reveals a part of her that she cant live with. Remember all the emphasis on the GOOD MAN being dead from her and the world

With Jack. we see him not wanting to want a woman but at the end he goes back to the pearl appears to be saving Elizabeth above everyone else because of the fact she sees him leave and then comes back with a godlike shot. she clings to his leg etc...He leaves "desiring Elizabeth all the more"

Will makes a commitment to his father and he then sees how much Elizabeth wants to get Jack back because he thinks she loves him and he's willing to let her.

-----

Now speculation on the AWE ending

Jack leaves AWE with two whores under his arms exactly the same as he was in movie 1?

Elizabeth and Will get married and remain together forever??

Well DMC certainly doesn't hold the closure for the franchise if THAT is how it really ends..so are T&T lying in that interview?

or are they holding a twist up their sleeves with the ending of AWE?

PirateDiva
Now thats an ending i definately want thrown out the window!!!

Alina
I agree Kate..in one way.

but when you think back to the end of DMC. Elizabeth Killed a man...KILLED a man so that she could be with Will you would think that was a big statement of where her heart truly lies..but what did we actually see afterward?

I've said this hundreds of times...T&T say the all the closure needed is in DMC ..I sense we may see this repeated but on a much larger scale..they said if they were to end the franchise now they would have ended it getting the point across and would be fine with leaving PotC like this.

Obviously most people left that movie believing Elizabeth loved Jack even after making a pretty big statement that she chose Will.

I'm actually working on a long essay with my dad about POTC. He used to teach film student at the university, so he knows how to analyze a movie. This is what he and I talked about after he saw DMC for the first time. It will included in our essay once it's done. I posted this on Swans and Sparrows a while ago.

As I've mentioned before he used to teach film students at the university so I asked him to keep an eye out on certain scenes, like the sinking wedding dress and tell me how he interpreted the movie seen with his analytic objective glasses (I might add, I haven't corrupted him in anyway with my opinions, not that I could, he doesn't even know I'm a JE shipper) We actually ended with 3 hours discussion and I wish I could remember it all(some mirrors what have already been discussed)

So, what he told me was first: That Jack and Elizabeth belong together now, though not in a traditional romance way like WE because that's not who they are.
They found each other in DMC, all this was very clear in their scenes. Their infatuation is strong because they have a common base, they live on the edge.
Here we have two people who truly understand each other, unlike WE.
DMC is thick with symbols, Elizabeth's sinking dress, her being behind barres in her dress. Notice how she isn't free until the dress is off.
The sinking wedding dress is a symbol of Elizabeth's goodbye to her former life, a symbol that she has unconsciously chosen not to be a housewife, not to be married to Will. Even if she did, her mind would never be with him, she has said goodbye to that. According to Jung water is a symbol of the unconscious, not a coincidence that her wedding dress sinks in water.
Her "I'm so ready to be married" is ,like it has been talked about her way of telling Jack that she is ready for sex, that she wants it. Which, of course Jack is quick to catch up on. His proposal is basically about that. He has no intentions to actually marry her in the traditional sense.
Elizabeth's rant about "Honour and decency ect" is her trying to convince herself of her morals and standards from her earlier life.
But look at her, she is in men's clothing. Her old morals are slowly slipping away.
They could have easily chosen a story where she pays her way of on a ship, but instead they choose to make her dress up like a man, manipulate men ect. She is starting to act like a pirate.
In their conversation they basically state how much alike they are and more importantly they accept it. Jack is the first to admit it, Elizabeth follows when she says "because you and I are alike" there, acceptance, a statement of what Jack just said. In the "persuade me scene" it is very clear what's going on in her head, but when Norrington approaches he represents her old life and values and she goes into denial. Enter compass.

Jack's return to the ship can be been seen from the romantic POV, that he return to her, bit it is more about him being tired, he is tried of running. In the beginning he is very adamant to run away from what is haunting him, but he know now that in the end you can't keep running, you're not free. He is tired, he wants it to end.
He knows what decision he has to make, but Jack is not a character who wants to make decisions until it is absolutely necessary.
He prefers that others make the choice for him and this is exactly what Elizabeth does and for that he is grateful. Hence the smile. You can says she is an angel setting him free.
Also that by making that choice she has ultimately chosen Jack, Not Will. Will is now on level with the rest of the crew. She says
"It's after you,not us" US as in the whole crew. She doesn't say Will.
Jack admires and respect her for that because she's proved how alike they are. Jack trying to get out of the shackles is a instinct panic reaction and no doubt had the Kraken not showed up he would probably have jumped overboard to save his life.

Elizabeth crying in the sack, has to do with her believing that Jack is dead and now she will never know for sure if he truly is the good man she believes him to be. Hence to why she doesn't drink. The question she'll never have answered is: Would he have stayed even if she hadn't shackled him?? She mourns him, but she also mourns herself because of she had to do. She knows she did "the right thing" she tries to make it legal but it is hard because it hurts and an once of guilt is present. She is human after all.

According to my dad, there really isn't a choice about who she'll choose, she has already chosen. The interesting part will be how it will play out. But everything with Jack and Liz leads to them belong together. Soul mates. The choice has been made. The very minute she kissed Jack, she made her choice and said goodbye to her old life, her old values.
She can marry Will, perhaps out of loyalty, but even if they went back to P.R and played house, her mind would never be there, something in her eyes would tell that she is somewhere else. Likely she would leave after a few years.
As for Jack, her would mourn the loss of her, comfort himself with a wench because that's who he is, but like with Elizabeth, something in him will always tell where he is: with her.
It wil be likely that Jack and Liz won't "end up together" as a couple, but with a look (a lot with these two are about looks) they (and we) will know that someday they will find each other.

Jack and Elizabeth have both done the same thing, betrayed others without any scruples but it doesn't make them rotten human beings, they make choices depending on the situation at hand. What is interesting about Jack is that he isn't the type to seek revenge: He sold his soul for his ship, it is fate that he should have it. Shooting Barbossa is more a lees a way to bring things back in order,a tool to find find the balance with chaos and cosmos. Hadn't Jack shot him, he would have died otherwise. You don't mess with Fate. Or the order of Nature. The Kraken and Davy Jones both being squids isn't a coincidence.
Elizabeth sets Jack free, "Our debt is settled". Jack won't seek revenge on Liz, he might be depressed and a darker character, but he he has no reason to be angry with her.

The thing is when you have 2 people falling in love (WE) then a 3 person enters (Jack) and make them see each other and themselves as they truly are.

Will is very one-dementional, he's obsessed by being the hero and his morals.
The problem with Will is that he is too rash, he sees thing very black and white there is nothing in between. "All pirates are bad" "Davy is evil" ect. But things doesn't work that way.In his world there is no "Grey-area". His morals tells him that he is the knight in shinning armour and that he's always right because he has the highest morals.Unlike Jack and Liz, they have nuances.
Will will free his father because his morals tells him so, Will's high morals and insistence that he knows he right all the time will be his downfall. He doesn't see the nuances in things, he doesn't "learn".
Unlike Elizabeth....it is interesting that when she is with Jack she is more of a independent character, she is herself, when she's with Will, she is not.

Will has every potential to be the Capt of TFD, (touch of destiny)he will then be the hurt hero, thinking about the love who got away. He will thrive on it, because that is his role, the hurt knight who never got his love.
Will goes with them to World's end, only partly because of Elizabeth but mostly because now he had been so noble to suggest it, you don't back down on that. Not to mention that he can get the Pearl and save his father. Again his morals play in.
It is that which gets him to tells Liz, "if there was anything to be done" because the what the hero does. He gallantly proposes this, not' because he wants to but because that's the right thing to do. He doesn't want Jack back, Jack, in Will's world, is "bad, he's untrustworthy, he betrayed him.

DMC is very much like Faust in many ways, mostly around davy Jones,who can be compared to Mephisto. He shows up when you're at your lowest and make you a lousy deal and you end up with selling you soul. There is a lot of philosophy in it, it revolves around choices a lot. Fate and Destiny play a huge part of DMC. Especially in regards to Jack and Liz, who both have made the choice that they belong together. The romance is now between JE, not WE. But it wil not be fairytale romance, it might be bittersweet. But they are "together now",bound together by Fate, they have found each other.

So, that was the Essenes of my long discussion with my dad. I'm not saying he is right,he hasn't written the movie, but to hear this from a man who has spend 30 years of his life analyzing movies warms my heart. Especially because he can see the Sparrabeth.

(I squeed when he said that Elizabeth's choice has been made, that she has chosen Jack. Remember the writes said that her choice was made by the end of DMC? )

LovelyOne
thats very interesting^^ thank you..and YES although the most climactic moment appears to be her choosing Will over Jack and making a pretty bold statement that her love of Will is the ultimate thing

that is NOT her final choice in the movie..she chooses JACK SPARROW..and its the more heart warming and emotional of decisions I might add.

but funny how she chooses him once she realises "what she's got once its GONE" meaning the good man..the side of jack she most adores and probably loves is DEAD

interesting possible spoiler for AWE:

"Jack realizes something about himself that stems from what happened in DMC. With the help of Elizabeth and his father, he is able to overcome this struggle. It is at this moment that Elizabeth realizes where her heart truly lies."

Alina
I think the reason she chooses him in that moment is so she can "avoid" the consequences of her choice or at least postpone them...But things doesn't work that way, sooner or later she will have to face it. I think that's why she is trying to push Jack away in P3, if the leaked script is true...

LovelyOne
I think the reason she chooses him in that moment is so she can "avoid" the consequences of her choice or at least postpone them...But things doesn't work that way, sooner or later she will have to face it. I think that's why she is trying to push Jack away in P3, if the leaked script is true...

you mean at the end of DMC??

IMO she chose Jack there over a happy ending with Will because Jack needs her in his life she is what brings out the very best man in him..this is the side of Jack that Elizabeth both loves an fears because it means she can love him in return. She also uses it to her advantage quite a bit.

in the hut apparently she is crying because she's just killed a man she may well love (good man) and it reveals a part of herself that she cant live with. Which is IMO killing a good man she may well love and using his goodness against him as a way to shut him out which ultimatley kills that man.

Will appears to spot this and allowes her to give up an ending with him because he is basically tied into something else now and he can see how loyal she is to Jack.

(imagining we dont know anything about AWE yet)

LovelyOne
so my answer to Liz to feel better at the end of DMC?

Stop being afraid of loving Jack the good man. Him being a "bad man" and betraying Will obviously doesnt make it easier for you to shut him out in the long run because deep down this man is a good man and you know it and you dont want him to be gone forever..and STOP using his emotions as a weakness against him..christ you are almost as cold hearted as Calypso.

my advice for movie 3?

if you care for him make it up to him by helping him out of what ever you did to him at the end of DMC..which I'm guessing is making him loathe his honest side so much that he represses it(remind you of Davy Jones anyone?) This may make it easier for you to concentrate more on Will...BUT if you really do love that good man that is Jack, do you really want him to be gone forever?

Sorry edited that about 1 million times laughing out loud

Alina
Yeah, I mean at the end of DMC, I would like to explain it further but it's almost midnight here and I'm dead-tired and off to bedsleep ...so, see you all tomorrow. smile

Mistypirate
That was really interesting and good wow. Totally agree with everything

Swann&Sparrow
You know some one, I think it was Surreal, had mentioned that "Elizabeth realizes where her heart truly lies" might mean that she realizes that her and Will belong together.

WHY WOULD T&T MAKE LIZZIE RE-REALIZE SOMETHING. SHE'S ALREADY SAID SHE LOVED WILL, SHE CHOSE HIM IN CotBP!!!!!

There is no point whatsoever in doing a spanner, especially if there is nothing to do but put them to trials. No one is going to go to the movies to see what Will and Lizzie will overcome in their relationship. That's just annoying and stupid. That would make no money, much less a BILLION DOLLARS.

So why would she just realize that she loves Will again? That's just no point. She realizes that she loves Jack, not Will. What kind of idiots do you think T&T take us for? They know we're digging up interviews and symbolisms in their scripts. They know we've dedicated our time into diving deeper into POTC.

I think they have enough respect for their adoring audience to not make a sappy, idiotic, together in death, EW ending. That's just plain old boring and non-sensicle. It just doesn't add up.

All the chemistry, the drama and symbolism would go to waste if not a J/E ending. I will really be disappointed if it was EW, that just plain out says 'You're Stupid' from T&T.

Obviously, we're intellegent, sofisticated, mature people. And I can only hope T&T can see that too.

Mistypirate
Oh No It wasn't Surreal the one that said that "Elizabeth realizes where her heart truly lies" it was LOVELYONE. And yes I couldn't agree with you more, why would Liz realized that she loves will the most and that her heart lies with him. She was about to marry him, she is supposed to be in love with him. IMO That would be pointless and stupid.

Pirates life fo
I just watched DMC again a couple days ago and paid close attention to the encounters between Jack and Liz.

It seemed to me that Liz's interest in Jack is lust not love. He is the older guy. A Pirate who is free and need not answer to anyone. A life that she doesnt know yet thinks is 'cool'.

Jack's view of Liz is the cute young girl he can talk crap with and flirt with just to get a reaction. None of his comments to her were at all deep and meaningful. It seemed like he said what he said for shock value knowing that she is a spoiled pampered rich girl out in the world for the first time without daddy.

When Liz kissed Jack it was to distract him and tie him to the deck. She left him to die so she could get away. Is that the act of a girl who is truly in love with someone?!?

After the kiss Jack says 'Pirate' to her. I dont think he fell madly in love with her. It seemed to me that he just gained respect for her at that moment. That he had realized that she was no longer the spolied little girl that he can tease.

a-k-a-amber
Originally posted by Pirates life fo
I just watched DMC again a couple days ago and paid close attention to the encounters between Jack and Liz.

It seemed to me that Liz's interest in Jack is lust not love. He is the older guy. A Pirate who is free and need not answer to anyone. A life that she doesnt know yet thinks is 'cool'.

Jack's view of Liz is the cute young girl he can talk crap with and flirt with just to get a reaction. None of his comments to her were at all deep and meaningful. It seemed like he said what he said for shock value knowing that she is a spoiled pampered rich girl out in the world for the first time without daddy.

When Liz kissed Jack it was to distract him and tie him to the deck. She left him to die so she could get away. Is that the act of a girl who is truly in love with someone?!?

After the kiss Jack says 'Pirate' to her. I dont think he fell madly in love with her. It seemed to me that he just gained respect for her at that moment. That he had realized that she was no longer the spolied little girl that he can tease.

wow you have a REALLY good point *visibly faulters*

i dont like that...

Pirates life fo
People tend to read into things what they want to see. Im not on any ship, unless you count the Monkey/Liz ship. I watched it with an unbiased view. There may be something very strong there for Jack but why would a Pirate show it so childishly. If Jack was truly in love wouldnt he just sweep her off her feet and carry her away? Remember people...'Pirate'

Surreal_44
Exactly what I see in the movie, pirates life fo....

I'm actually a Norribeth shipper, but sadly...*cuddles poor ship* It will not happen. *sighs*

I just don't see J/E as a viable ship. *shrug* I didn't even find the kiss all that nice. I thought it looked like Liz was trying too hard and Jack just seemed puzzled but pleased to be kissing her.

But that's just me. big grin

a-k-a-amber
the ending will hopefully be Will being Fish Face Jr. Elizabeth With Jack or alone sailing away and Jack either with Elizabeth or Sailing off into the sunset

Pirates life fo
I know the feeling Surreal. I am a Monkey/Liz shipper but I dont think it's going to happen.

a-k-a-amber
I know the feeling Surreal. I am a Monkey/Liz shipper but I dont think it's going to happen. lol thats wierd....
lol in a good way big grin

Pirates life fo
It just dawned on me. The Jack/Liz ship IS the ship I am on. This whole time I thought you all might have been referring to Jack Sparrow and Liz being together. It's Jack the Monkey isnt it.

Mistypirate
LOL I'm a dog/monkey shipper I have hopes that is going to happen. Am I considered a pervert.?

a-k-a-amber
roflol......no it aint

Mistypirate
It just dawned on me. The Jack/Liz ship IS the ship I am on. This whole time I thought you all might have been referring to Jack Sparrow and Liz being together. It's Jack the Monkey isnt it.

LMAO They would make cute couple, if they do this pairing the movie will do 5 billion at the box office.

lovethemtigers
Well, all I know is that when I watch the scenes with jack and Liz I get a tingly feeling and I feel happy and I'm excited to see them in a scene together...when Will shows up on the beach I was bummed out..I was so hoping he would just disappear...but that's Just me *shrugs*.....I feel a real chemistry between Jack and Liz and obviously so do alot of people, as they have been nominated for best coupling of the year for the People's Choice Awards in January.....(not Will and Liz, JACK AND LIZ). It just seems to me the close proximity between the two in there scenes speaks volumes.....and yes, I do believe Jack is flirting with Liz, trying to get a reaction from her, but What I'm saying is he gets caught up in the flirting and besides....the clues tells us that he has been thinking of her...he wants her, but he doesn't want to want her...."something's got Jack vexed" says Mr. Gibbs.....oh what can it be...then in Tia's cabin we learn what vexes men most, a woman...."ah, Jack Sparrow don't know what he want, or maybe he do know, but is loathe to claim it as his own..."....too many lines ...too many clues...."a wedding interupted or fate intervenes"....a sinking wedding dress.....oh gosh, I just can't go down this road again....we all know the clues...I said I wasn't going to post anymore, and here I go...I'm too old for this...but I do know what I saw in the two movies and what I believe to be true....and no matter what happens in AWE I will always believe it is Jack and Elizabeth who truly belong together....

lovethemtigers
And, he doesn't seemed puzzled by the kiss...just before the kiss he has this very serious look on his face...he's no dummy..he knew a kiss was c oming...she was staring intently at his lips...the first time I saw the movie I could feel it coming right at that moment.....and I still say the kiss is way hotter and sexier than any kiss she ever shared with old eunich boy...

a-k-a-amber
GO LOVETHEMTIGERS!!!!

willofthewisp
Hells yeah! To be honest, I didn't expect her to actually do it. I thought she would try and someone would get their attention like with the curiosity scene. So it took me by surprise.....very pleasant surprise.
Maybe the AWE will end similarly, only with some clothing removal after the kiss and none of this abandoning people to their deaths!

lovethemtigers
oh I hope so...wouldn't it be funny if Johnny and Keira win best couple ...then what would t and t have to say about that.....it's so obvious what the majority of the fans want...more Jack and Liz...

lovethemtigers
I agree with kate.....I think it would be a great ending to have Jack witness the wedding...then politely bow out and appear to sail off with the two whores and then .....we see him all of a sudden show up by Liz's side...just like when he came back from the longboat back onto the Pearl to save the day.....maybe he'll get back just in time to grab Liz before she faints after Will stabs the heart.....and he tells Liz he loves her and knows she doesn't feel the same way...but is willing to be just friends but cannot go on without being around her..and she tells him he is wrong...that she does love him.....truly and madly and deeply loves Jack....

as a side note...I dont' think she realizes that she is in love with Jack at the end of DMC...I think she knows she has some very strong feelings for Jack....but she hasn't faced what those feelings are just yet...in AWE I think she will start to realize it as she continues to fight that attraction and convince herself she belongs with Will...yes, I know She loves Will...but as we've said many times...i don't think she is "in love" madly, deeply with Will...and that what Movie and fantasy love is all about...that heart stopping love that leaves the audience hanging on the edge of their seat for just one more touch, one more kiss, one more glance,.....the kind that I see between jack and liz.....gosh, I sound like a broken record....

Mistypirate
laughing out loud no wonder why you went to the therapy thread. But It was a pretty good post. I wish this would happen.

Bicnarok

LovelyOne

calypso
Move over Lovethemtigers, I am getting in that boat with you.
Great perspective. But don't leave we need all the shippers here to maintain some togetherness.

Mistypirate
Hey Bicnarok
Each of the characters started to develop in DMC, Jacks character is starting to let go of his material things, he is probably seeing life in another way. You can notice this about Jack, when he goes back to rescue the crew from the Kraken, and the line that he said to Gibs, 'she is only a ship mate'. Liz's character is changing as well, emotionally wise. She clearly wants other things, she wants to be free from her constricting past life. William now has others priorities in mind, although he might love and care about her, his mind is somewhere else. Perhaps on saving his father. And yes I agree with you there is still a lot of more things to explore, they cant let all that has happened unresolved. And I hope Black beard shows up and starts scarring the heck out of everyone. That would be an interesting thing.
smile

LovelyOne
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
And, he doesn't seemed puzzled by the kiss...just before the kiss he has this very serious look on his face...he's no dummy..he knew a kiss was c oming...she was staring intently at his lips...the first time I saw the movie I could feel it coming right at that moment.....and I still say the kiss is way hotter and sexier than any kiss she ever shared with old eunich boy...

he actually looks at her lips right there..

as a matter of fact in every scene where she's in close proximity..he glances down at her lips..twice in the curiosity convo

and when he says the compass points to what he wants most in the world..he looks At Liz and her lips with such a wanting in his eyes.

and for people to say that he's not interested in her at all in DMC until after the kiss..I would say that was wrong..he wants her but doesn't want to want her..when she comes into his life..he finds it hard to resist...and right at the end...dude...HE WANTS HER laughing out loud

and IMO not just for sex..He's serious about commitment here people don't go back and bravely blow up Krakens all in the name of sex....as DMC closes the only thing jack really wants in his life is Elizabeth..she completes him...notice how the hat she was wearing in the movie (as if its his missing part) was basically given back to him after that kiss and she doesn't have it? IMO it shows that she completes him.

Or it means she doesn't really lol

a-k-a-amber
when he's explaining the compass on the docks in tortuga he looks at her lips when he sayd "the thing you want most in this world" i noticed and he looks like he really REALLY wants her

sorry Lovely i think you put that in the above post too

PirateDiva
OMG right b4 Liz kissed Jack...Jack was was different man, unlike we have ever seen him....it was JACK STRIPPED....we saw the inner JACK so vulnerable, so careing, so loving and he didnt try to hide his feelings for LIZ...he knew she knew he came back because of her....so it was like here i am....ur looking right at me....I DO LOVE YOU!!! and LIZ saw that and i think she tried to manipulate the situation by kissing him....but it backfired because that Kiss made her realize I LOVE HIM!!!

Like they say you can tell so much about the relationship, simply by the first kiss!!! and that was one heck of a KISS!!!

a-k-a-amber
lol agreed good point maybe they've had these feelings since the island but now they are FINALLy putting them into action!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
lol agreed good point maybe they've had these feelings since the island but now they are FINALLy putting them into action!

since b4....i mean when JAck saved her in COTBP....didnt u see the look in her face when she came back from the choking and looked into his eyes....it was like Love at first sight!!! lol

a-k-a-amber
yeas but they dont have that much interactoion except for the island thats a bummer

LovelyOne
****ing sick of T&T tossing jack's character around as if he's a rag doll to be shoved into peoples lives as a mere blip on the radar...why do people have to step shit all over HIM even the writers?? just so W/E can have their ****ing "happy/bittersweet ending"...****s sake..

I wouldnt give a toss if this was a W/E ending but I do because I feel as if they should have NEVER used Jack Sparrow as the spanner in the ****ing works...

a-k-a-amber
calm down it'll be okay i... well i just think it will happen believe! big grin

LovelyOne
I dont .

you know what Ted and Terry, you should have NEVER used so many people's favorite character as a ****ing spanner in the works so that the back up character can be happy and get "his story"..it SICKENSS me...Jack is worth more than that

a-k-a-amber
death i think this what ur thinking huh?

a-k-a-amber
giljotiini this ones more my style

LovelyOne
I'm thinking that despite their efforts to make people accept a W/E ending by the end of AWE..It wont frigging work they are gonna piss off a LOT of people..see I've been expecting W/E for a LONG time now and it STILL tears me up inside when I think about them doing it..so I dont think tthe J/E lovers are just gonna sit back and enjoy a W/E ending like Terry thinks they are, because J/E has captured far too many people's hearts and people have become way too passionate about it now for them to try and worm their way out of it IMO

..and I know people like Surreal just say that we like it because its "hot" well I really do disagree with that..

So many people feel that Jack looks more beautiful as the hero caring for the lady than Will Turner does..they actually do believe that DMC has shown us that J/L are meant for each other..it really does..and I'm not basing my opinion on "how hot it looks"..I'm basing it on what I feel when it comes to Jack..He's not a happy man the way he is in movie 1..the island scene CLEARLY showed us this..and it also showed us that Elizabeth is the only one he feels comfortable to show his weakness to...I think this is the thing she cant live with at the end of DMC

I'm not even one to usually LIKE romances in movies because they are the same old same old.. yet this one caught me out, Its actually the first ever to catch me out and its obviously captured many others too.

..its one that works SO well on screen and it only comes around once in a blue moon..and they are going to ruin it...I can sense it..they are going to ruin it...not just for me..but for the other huge amount of people who prefer J/E over W/E..just look on KttC..J/E thread is like on its 4th restart thing..I'm guessing W/E is on its 1st still?

If people were just talking about how hot it was then that thread would not be on its 4th thingy..it would be long dead because "whats hot" one minute usually only lasts for a while..

it would have ended a long time ago...the passion would have died out if the main reason people love J/E is because "its hot" the majority of people obviously felt there was something deeper going on..even if it wasnt

and this is where the mistake was in DMC IMO

sparrobethroxmy
i totally agree i mean i did felt all tingly when i watched dMC and im not a romance kinda person my mom is but when i saw DMC i was like OMG jack and liz are meant for each other i love them together they are thick as thieves lol and they belong for each other i have feeling that AWE might give us that becuz will and liz lost it along time ago and i can't see them get back together and live hapily ever after that in my opinion is not PIRATES it's a freakin romance where the pirate gets the whores and the young couple all live happy UGH that is not my kind of movie! you know what we will get a j/l moment i know it it just has to happen i have taht happy feeling. j/l has started something and it will be a huge mistake if they end it

T.Maria
I feel so strongly for this ship!

I think it all started at the beginning of POTC1 ... when jack rescued Liz from drowning...that was when he first set her free.

The connotations of their relationship are laid out there for everyone to see, but it is ALWAYS down to how people happen to interpret certain things.

I think Lovethemtigers has a huge point with the fact that its 'jack and liz' up for best couple/kiss etc for teen choice awards...THAT is what people want to see.

The audience want action and adventure and they want it with their hero...the one who can make them laugh...the one that made the freaking film for god sakes!

IMO they've put the audience on the knifes edge because theyve made them WANT to see the third film by adding the cliff hanger...and 99% of the audience are rooting for jack because he IS the ultimate hero!

He has it all!!!

And the best thing about him of all;

He's real.

He has his flaws...he hides behind posessions and what it means to be a 'pirate' so people dont see the real him...

he is the ordinary man...hes not james bond.

Hes jack sparrow.

And people love that because they can sypathise with him. At one point in their lives they may have been in a similar emotional situation.

The epitome of Jack letting his true feelings show through were his lines;

"its only a ship mate"

The pearl was everything to him...it was the one thing he saught out in CotBP...and suddenly in DMC he was willing to give it all up...

because he found something better.

He found himself.

LovelyOne
It made it up for the teen choice awards too?

I hope it wins this and the people's choice awards..

and then T&T can see if they still have faith in their "W/E based story" for AWE..it would show us and them that J/E is what is most popular with their CORE audience..the teenager..(female teenager)

I can really imagine the gasp of exasperation if AWE actually revolves around and ends W/E after this whole Buzz that has been created by J/E and DMC..I can just imagine the dissapointed "emptyish" feeling spewing from the audience as they watch Jack lose the girl to the second fiddle...people felt this with the 1st movie for gods sake..why didnt they pick up on that?..I loved the movie but it felt empty to me that Jack didnt have a love interest...or that key role as one. Because he IS the star.

I wasn't even a massive fan of the movies UNTIL I saw Jack actually start to PLAY the lead role where he gets the girl..I don't go there to watch Will turner be the hero and get the leading lady.

sparrobethroxmy
lol same here i was all siked about seeing DMC where jack and liz kiss and if johny and kiera got the best souple in a movie and the AWE ending was w/l that would be really sad it would at least show tnt they were wrong

LovelyOne
oh did they actually WIN it? or is it still only the nomination stage?

a-k-a-amber
i dont think so yet

LovelyOne
ohhh they better..who are they up against?

sparrobethroxmy
idk really but whatever happens johny and keira better win

a-k-a-amber
Jennifer Aniston & Vince Vaughn in The Break Up

Matt Damon & Jack Nicholson & Leonardo DiCaprio in The Departed

Johnny Depp & Keira Knightley in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

LovelyOne
LOL!! Orlando Bloom one the teens choice awards for top hottie..so maybe W/E will be successful..I'm not feeling so worried for AWE now if it ends W/E laughing out loud

the best kiss went to Keanu reeves and sandra Bullok..

just worried for all the shippers...the passionate J/E shippers..now.

sparrobethroxmy
do we know for sure that AWE is a w/l ending i mean i dont think we will know till the book or movie comes out becuz it is a major thing tnt are not just going to throw it out and say who she ends up with becuz whatever side opposite of her decision will be all bumed and they obviosly dont want that if they want pirates to be succesful as DMC was

LovelyOne
well it seems to be pointing that way..but I think they may be hiding somthing like they did with Barbossa being brought back in. They seem to be talking a lot about where W/E are heading as characters but Jack's theme/development in AWE seems to be kept on the low key..not a lot of discussion on where his character is heading..

but I do think there will be more unhappy J/E people if it was a W/E ending than if it was the other way around because the relationship lovers of the movie are not 50/50 there are far more J/E relationship lovers and they even expand to the ones who aren't all that fussed about PotC like we are lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.