Speculation match

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
Ok, so it's Yoda using the dark side (as in Dooku's vision) vs DE Sidious. Who will win?

And yes, I am bored. Bored and curious.....

Prodigal Knight
Well Darth Yoda could annihilate Darth Sidious. Now annihilation seems to be pretty impressive, especially against someone like ROTS Sidious. I doubt DE Sidious can annihilate his ROTS self, or maybe he can.

Escape81
I've discussed it with others since Dark Rendezvous came out. I think that it would be an excellent fight. I don't think that even a Dark Side Yoda would have feats on the level of destruction as a Force Storm. For all intents and purposes, I believe Palpatine would still be more powerful - but I think Yoda would have an excellent chance of beating him in a versus context.

General G
I would probably give this to DE Sidious, just because it said that he could move faster than the eye could see, thats pretty damn fast. Yoda is pretty fast, but his height would probably slow him down, not being able to reach up to Sidious would surely slow him down, as well as all of his jumping and twirling.

Captain REX
I don't see why he would have to reach up to Palpatine...

Are we assuming that Dark Side Yoda fell during the Clone Wars and perhaps has had the same number of years between ROTS and DE as Sidious has?

Because I would probably hand it to Yoda...

Escape81
Originally posted by Captain REX
I don't see why he would have to reach up to Palpatine...

Are we assuming that Dark Side Yoda fell during the Clone Wars and perhaps has had the same number of years between ROTS and DE as Sidious has?

Because I would probably hand it to Yoda...

Perhaps. I could see it going either way. Sidious seems to have more raw power than Yoda... but Yoda'd be devastating.

Captain REX
Yoda doesn't really seem to use his power much, but I'm sure he has tons. #shrug# Plus the emotions of the Dark Side powering him.

Darth Subjekt
Well, Sidious couldn't even effectively use lightning against him, so couple that power along with darkside power and techniques, and the freedom of having no remorse or qualms of your actions, and Yoda pwns. And his size would not limit his speed at all. If anything, he has less weight to move around. Ever notice that lower weight class fighters are faster than the heavyweights?? This would be complete and utter domination and decimation.

Escape81
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Well, Sidious couldn't even effectively use lightning against him, so couple that power along with darkside power and techniques, and the freedom of having no remorse or qualms of your actions, and Yoda pwns. And his size would not limit his speed at all. If anything, he has less weight to move around. Ever notice that lower weight class fighters are faster than the heavyweights?? This would be complete and utter domination and decimation.

Hardly "utter domination".

A prepared Yoda can handle Force lightning. But Sidious is good at catching people off guard, and has already nailed Yoda before. We also know Sidious can overpower Yoda's lightsaber with Force lightning, and can disintegrate it with his mind (as he did to Leia's).

And DE Sidious can move faster than the eye can see.

I can see Yoda taking this, but I can also see him losing, and it'd be far from easy.

Darth Subjekt
But i think yore still thinking this is lightside Yoda. Based on what Dooku said and knowing the caliber of darkside powers, i think Yoda would improve tenfold. As far as his lightning, Yoda got the better of that exchange, hence both of them flying back. If Yoda used his powers now for death and destruction, we'd see pwnage like we never had before, imo. But with adding new powers and techniques, i think he'd probably rival Jacen. Not beat him, but be pretty damn close.

Escape81
A dark side Yoda could still be caught off guard, Subjekt. And just because he would be empowered by the dark side doesn't necessarily mean he'll have Sidious's powers - who is a devoted instrument of the dark side, and would likely have far more experience with it than Yoda.

There's nothing to indicate that he would own Sidious.

Swirly Girl
OCTOPUS! UNLIMITED OCTOPUS!

kamikz
Nononono, your wrong!

darthsith19
Dark Side Yoda could take ROTS Sidious (according to Dooku) but honestly I doubt going to the Dark Side would even give Yoda that much more power, him vs. ROTS Sidious would still be, no doubt, very close, against DE Sidious Yoda goes down for sure.

Escape81
Originally posted by Swirly Girl
OCTOPUS! UNLIMITED OCTOPUS!

Translation: I love you Jessiah, and Rex is wearing a pink thong.

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by General G
I would probably give this to DE Sidious, just because it said that he could move faster than the eye could see, thats pretty damn fast. Yoda is pretty fast, but his height would probably slow him down, not being able to reach up to Sidious would surely slow him down, as well as all of his jumping and twirling.

News flash.

Smaller=Lighter.

Yoda could move quicker than Sidious.

Also, for all of you out there wondering, yes, Darth Yoda could defeat Darth Sidious.

Why?

The Dark side amplifies the capabilities of a Force user in the area of destruction and death. This means when your a Dark sider, everything you can do in the Force associated with killing becomes all the more stronger in a natural way.

Yoda in a dark form would receive an amplified boost of power - enough to fill the miniscule power gap that he and Sidious seemed to have.

Get it? It would more than bridge his power to Sidious and make him likely significantly more powerful than him, even in the area of generating Dark side techniques like Force Lightning.

Darth Sexiest
Darth Yoda wins, of course. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dessel
You have to finish every monologue with a double post?

Prodigal Knight
LOL

Captain REX
The edit button, use it well. I know I do.

Escape81
This is DE Sidious, who can move faster than the eye can see. I'd say that's faster than Yoda.

RotS Sidious? Definately. DE Sidious? He's got a shot.

There is a big power gap between Yoda and DE Sidious.

This is DE Sidious. Not RotS Sidious.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Escape81
This is DE Sidious, who can move faster than the eye can see. I'd say that's faster than Yoda.

Well you're relating it to Yoda as we know him now. If he were fueled by the darkside, there's no telling what he could do or how fast he would be. What if he was only 400 instead of 900? He could have extra speed from that, although age didn't look like it was a factor for him in the PT.

Escape81
Well you're relating it to Yoda as we know him now. If he were fueled by the darkside, there's no telling what he could do or how fast he would be. What if he was only 400 instead of 900? He could have extra speed from that, although age didn't look like it was a factor for him in the PT.

You don't know that his speed would improve at all, much less if it would improve to that degree.

Dessel
I think people look into that statement too deeply. I mean Bane was also said to move faster than the eye can see, yet nobody would ever admit that he was faster than Yoda.

kamikz

Well I think that if Yoda was younger he would be much faster, seeing as he, whenever not being in combat, needed a walking stick to walk, or some levitating chair. It's possible that he could enhance his body into a much better state when he was younger. Just like Dooku, he can enhance himself so that he has the strenght of a 40 year old when he is 80, however, when under alot of pressure, he could literally feel the years come back to him.
Just speculation though...

But although I don't know very much about it, I also think the speed thing is to deeply looked into. Kar Vastor in Shatterpoint was said to move as fast as lightning, and Mace was said to move as fast as being invisible, but I don't really see anyone using that in arguments...

Darth Subjekt
But Escape, that argument could go both ways. How do we know he wouldn't get faster? But I'll concede for the sake of argument and say his speed wont improve that much. BUt speed isnt enough of a factor to keep someone from getting dominated. That's all.

Captain REX
Very true. Just look at Vader, that slow lump of cyborg.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.