Society in Modern Times

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Black Ghost
So, is our society on the rise or the decline? That's the question, sweet and simple. .....Go

usagi_yojimbo
Originally posted by The Black Ghost
So, is our society on the rise or the decline? That's the question, sweet and simple. .....Go

Hmmm..I think it depends on who you ask. Those at the top of the social structure - so to speak, generally think society is fine the way it is. Those at the bottom, usually are of an opposite opinion.

My personal view is that society is at a decline - discarding more traditional values, for those that are more appealing to the individual. I could be wrong though - and I sincerely hope that I am.

Mindship
It's in transition, globalizing, processing and absorbing what began in the 1960s; what's been exacerbated since the 80s by computers and the Web; and it won't end til well into this century (figure 2050 - 2100).

Just in time for the next societal paradigm shift.

The Black Ghost
My personal beleive sees us on a decline bigtime -the present generation growing more and more against what we used to beleive was right and wrong. We are becoming far to dependant on technology and societal inventions (might make another thread for that one...) to a point where if the bottom of the tower falls out we all go down.

Mannequin Sin
It's all relative and that mumbo jumbo. Efficiency is prized and a lack there of will be the end of us. Progress is desired, pushing forward considerably to aid technological advancement, while terror is being a coined phrase in order to continue such a prized action. I'm sure there are people clinging to their suburbia lifestyles, god-fearing, good citzens. However, there's still most likely going to be a huge opinion on the progression of civillization. We could be scooting towards people following abrupt dictatorships, or drowning in the chaos of anarchy and religious turmoil. I don't think it could get better, or worse. We're basically coasting along the fence, where opinions could shove you one way or another.

The Black Ghost
Good point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.