Thanos versus Marvel's Top Villains

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
A strange event wiped out every hero on Marvel Earth. Thanos decides this is his perfect opportunity to invade and take control of Earth. However, Marvel's longstanding villains have different ideas. They're not going to let an alien tyrant take what rightly belongs to them and have agreed to put their differences aside and defend Earth against Thanos.

There is no prep, as Thanos teleports directly to Earth and begins battle immediately.

No battlefield removal allowed.

Thanos

versus

Dr. Doom, Mandarin, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Juggernaut, Magneto, Abomination, Ultron and Absorbing Man

Can Marvel's greatest villains SAVE the planet???

Omega-level
Are all Earth's villains together or each fighting him individually?

masterbruce
fighting together, however they don't have prep before hand

Omega-level
Thanos gets his ass kicked.

godking
Originally posted by Omega-level
Thanos gets his ass kicked. How ?

Thanos is on a level beyond these guys.

Classic Juggernaut may bother him because of the invunerability the others die .

batdude123
Originally posted by godking
How ?

Thanos is on a level beyond these guys.

Classic Juggernaut may bother him because of the invunerability the others die .

Absorbing Man would give Thanos a shit-load of trouble, and may even beat him alone (if he actually plays it smart).

Villains win this one.

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Absorbing Man would give Thanos a shit-load of trouble, and may even beat him alone (if he actually plays it smart).

Villains win this one.

CIS isn't turned off for Forum Battles. Hence, absorbing man is an utter RETARD.

Thanos wins.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
CIS isn't turned off for Forum Battles. Hence, absorbing man is an utter RETARD.

Thanos wins.

On the other hand, Creel almost took over Asgard, and was overpowering Odin and Thor until Odin BFR'd him.

Omega-level
If Thanos had prep, or got each one individually, he would win this easily. But all of them together against him is too much.

juggernaut66666
On the other hand, Creel almost took over Asgard, and was overpowering Odin and Thor until Odin BFR'd him.
Holly shit! When did that happen?

batdude123
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Holly shit! When did that happen?

I'm not sure, but I saw some scans of it.

Soljer
I'm not sure, but I saw some scans of it.

Eh, it was arguable. Odin really shouldn't have any problems against Creel. So A) that was a low showing for Odin, and a VERY high one for Creel.

And...well, Creel also acknowledged that Odin was toying with him, anyways.

batdude123
Eh, it was arguable. Odin really shouldn't have any problems against Creel. So A) that was a low showing for Odin, and a VERY high one for Creel.

And...well, Creel also acknowledged that Odin was toying with him, anyways.

What Absorbing Man did is a lot more than I can say about Thanos. Him combined with the rest I think are enough to take this one. erm

thedude1948
This is what would happen if Thanos fought all of the Marvel Earth villains
http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=planet24vh.jpg

Soljer
What Absorbing Man did is a lot more than I can say about Thanos. Him combined with the rest I think are enough to take this one. erm

You just want to see Mangeto get a win over Thanos, stick out tongue.

The Fake Macoy
Who has scans of the actual fight between Odin and Creel? Since Thanos did pretty well against Odin himself. I think that Thanos could take this. However, why would he ever want to conquer Earth?

leonidas
thanos IS a mutant. i wonder what sinister could do to him . . .?

villains win, imo, but not without casualties.

King Kandy
With Loki telling him what to do.

He was a retard. He only knew what to do because Loki told him.

bigbran
What Absorbing Man did is a lot more than I can say about Thanos. Him combined with the rest I think are enough to take this one. erm And then we have Creel getting his ass kicked by Hulk.Originally posted by leonidas
thanos IS a mutant. i wonder what sinister could do to him . . .?

villains win, imo, but not without casualties. Ya, Sinster would be the one that Thanos operates on.
Sinster could do nothing to him, especially without prep.

I'm going to be a fanboy and say:
How exactly are they going to take him down?

Magneto, Juggs and Doom are really the only ones in this.

Thanos throws a table at Apoc. He just blast the shit out of Creel. He shouldn't even have to whatch out for Sinister, or if he does have to take care of him, blow him up. Encases Ultron in the same thing he did Odin, and Ultron is nowhere near Odin, so he is f*cked.
Abom, Mandrain? Please!
Doom without prep, taking down Thanos?
Don't really get what Mags is going to do exactly, 'cept, have his shield up.
As soon as he gets the helmet off of Juggs...

golem370
How would Thanos' Matter Manipulation work on Absorbing Man's abilities? Everybody else becomes slaves to Thanos' Will including Juggernaut with a mind whammy

golem370
I have to say this again Thanos fought the most powerful Army in the Universe without help with only a few scratches

leonidas
Originally posted by bigbran
And then we have Creel getting his ass kicked by Hulk.

laughing

creel is a retard. doom MIGHT be able to make him something in this fight though . . .

to be honest, i don't know THAT much about sinister. i DO know his power levels are pretty inconsistent but he's a definite team-wrecker in at least SOME cases. his brain, along with doom's . . . to me that spells trouble.

that's a very fair question. smile

yeah, apoc has done a lot of sucking -- he's ALSO handled high evolutionary 1on1 for a prolonged length of time who has battled 1on1 with galactus . . . i think you're underestimating apoc. and firing blasts at creel would be playing DIRECTLY into their hands. creel absorbs it, doom reabsorbs it from him and doom is suddenly cosmically-powered.

sinister could try a mental attack to distract him, or attack him astrally. he's done it in x-factor and has proven a higher level tp than psylocke at least.

only if he gets the chance, though i think ultron is pretty useless.

abom would be fodder. mandarin could be used to . . . distract . . . confused

mags would be a powerful distraction, especially paired up with juggs.

hmm, bottom line: well . . . embarrasment ahh, hell. i'm not sure HOW they'd win . . .

happy!? mad

big grin

bigbran
Originally posted by leonidas
to be honest, i don't know THAT much about sinister. i DO know his power levels are pretty inconsistent but he's a definite team-wrecker in at least SOME cases. his brain, along with doom's . . . to me that spells trouble. Thanos is a cosmic team wrecker. A little different than fighting Wolverine, and Cyclops.

that's a very fair question. smile Indeed.

yeah, apoc has done a lot of sucking -- he's ALSO handled high evolutionary 1on1 for a prolonged length of time who has battled 1on1 with galactus . . . i think you're underestimating apoc. and firing blasts at creel would be playing DIRECTLY into their hands. creel absorbs it, doom reabsorbs it from him and doom is suddenly cosmically-powered. Thanos has blasted Galactus halfway across, the planet.
Thanos has taken direct blows from Omega, and even faced him. Thanos has ruined Surfer.
Do you honestly believe that Apoc stands a chance against any of those people mentioned?

Why don't we pull a Hulk, and go physical on Creel?

sinister could try a mental attack to distract him, or attack him astrally. he's done it in x-factor and has proven a higher level tp than psylocke at least. Thanos has outpowered Moondragon with the Mind Gem.
Sinister won't be more than Carnage was to Sentry (in a mind game). Not even a distraction (well maybe).

only if he gets the chance, though i think ultron is pretty useless. Thanos shot the thing out of his hand. All he has to do is raise his hand towards Ultron.

abom would be fodder. mandarin could be used to . . . distract . . . confused Maybe.

mags would be a powerful distraction, especially paired up with juggs.

hmm, bottom line: well . . . embarrasment ahh, hell. i'm not sure HOW they'd win . . .

happy!? mad

big grin Their.

leonidas
about the only chance would be for doom to go sorcerer on thanos's arse after absorbing/stealing some of thanos's power and using everyone else as a distraction.

possible but not likely . . .

Horrificus
Doom waits and watches as Thanos battles, who he thinks are his most serious threats. While this is happening, Doom binds Thanos, drains Thanos or shunts Thanos to a dimension where is can die, or be destroyed.
However it happens, the man that defeated the Beyonder, ends up defeating Thanos.

Wally West
Thanos wouldn't just ignore Doom like that, in The End he comments on Doom being one of the most dangerous people on Earth who he keeps under constant surveillance (something along those lines). He'd probably go after Doom first.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Wally West
Thanos wouldn't just ignore Doom like that, in The End he comments on Doom being one of the most dangerous people on Earth who he keeps under constant surveillance (something along those lines). He'd probably go after Doom first.

Wow!
Did he really?
Very cool.
Kudos from the master.

Doom is one of the coolest characters in comics.

Awesome.

I wish he had his own book.

Wally West
Yes Doom is awesome, one of the great comic characters, I'll try and get a scan of what Thanos said.

As for this fight:

Mandarin, and Abomination are nothing to Thanos, he could likely one shot both of them. Absorbing Man is to stupid to ever trouble Thanos, if need be Thanos could just shut down his mind like he did to the Maker so he never even has to touch him.

I'm not going to debate whether Thanos could break adamantium and wreck Ultron that way, but I like the idea someone posted of trapping him inside a clear block of force, that should do the trick. Thanos could potentially transmutate Juggernaut's helmet with matter manipulation leaving his mind free to be attacked, otherwise he'd just find a way to turn Juggernaut's strength against him like he did with Champion.

Since Sinister can just keep regenerating Thanos could steal his lifeforce (a clone of his was able to do that, I assume the real deal can as well) or just use telekenesis and throw him into space.

A few blasts similar to that which sent Galactus flying for miles should take down Apocalypse.

Doom and Magneto better pray they have their shields up the second the fight starts or they'd be toast.

He could pick them off one by one faster than they could break through his shields (he can create a forcefield without tech) and he could physically stand up to whatever they throw at him. Not saying he wins easy, but I think he'd take the majority since they don't get prep and theres a few guys he could take out quickly.

Horrificus
Yes Doom is awesome, one of the great comic characters, I'll try and get a scan of what Thanos said. As for this fight:
Mandarin, and Abomination are nothing to Thanos, he could likely one shot both of them. Absorbing Man is to stupid to ever trouble Thanos, if need be Thanos could just shut down his mind like he did to the Maker so he never even has to touch him. I'm not going to debate whether Thanos could break adamantium and wreck Ultron that way, but I like the idea someone posted of trapping him inside a clear block of force, that should do the trick. Thanos could potentially transmutate Juggernaut's helmet with matter manipulation leaving his mind free to be attacked, otherwise he'd just find a way to turn Juggernaut's strength against him like he did with Champion. Since Sinister can just keep regenerating Thanos could steal his lifeforce (a clone of his was able to do that, I assume the real deal can as well) or just use telekenesis and throw him into space. A few blasts similar to that which sent Galactus flying for miles should take down Apocalypse. Doom and Magneto better pray they have their shields up the second the fight starts or they'd be toast.
I agree. If Wonderman was able to shake Ultron so hard that it destroyed his internal mechanics, so can Thanos. But, I listed a list of other villains that would give Thanos trouble.

Graviton
Count Nefaria
Nefarius (if he is still alive)
Maelstrom
Ultimo
The Master
Ghaur
Man Beast
Mauvais
Magus

Wally West
This is what Thanos said about Doom:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/ThanosDoom.jpg

Horrificus
Very cool. Thanks.

Tshern
He wasn't overpowering Odin, and Thor didn't even fight him because Odin told him not to. Creel owned pretty much every warrior apart from those two, though. Odin simply played with him and then banished Creel and Loki.

Tshern
And what exactly prevents Doom from using the trick he learnt from the Ovoids? He simply switches his mind to Thanos' body.

Wally West
Originally posted by Tshern
And what exactly prevents Doom from using the trick he learnt from the Ovoids? He simply switches his mind to Thanos' body. Because hes Thanos and plans for "every eventuality however improbable", and since he keeps Doom under constant surveillance I'm sure he has precautions for him wink

Tshern
Because hes Thanos and plans for "every eventuality however improbable", and since he keeps Doom under constant surveillance I'm sure he has precautions for him wink
Yeah, exactly. He's prepared just because he's Thanos, lol.

Food for thought: Juggernaut attacks Thanos with an overpowering amount of tenacity and Doctor Doom locks eyes with Thanos for a second and that's it. As far as I know, no-one has ever proven to be immune to that sort of an attack, but it has been proven that Doom only needs a second to do the trick.

golem370
You can bet that Thanos is going to go for the biggest Threat first Doom Sinister Apocalypse Ultron Absorbing Man

Tshern
Originally posted by golem370
You can bet that Thanos is going to go for the biggest Threat first Doom Sinister Apocalypse Ultron Absorbing Man
He can always try. If all the characters you mentioned (apart from Doom) just cover Doom while Juggernaut keep Thanos at bay for a while and then Doom swithces the minds, I can see the team winning easily.

If not (and that's ridiculously big IF), then Thanos still has to beat Absorbing Man and Juggernaut. Good luck with that.

Priest
Does anybody realizes that thanos can one shot all these villians except maybe juggeranut, and absorbing man.
Unless the team gets prep their not goping to wins, non of these guys cant even break thru thanos's sheilds. non of them would even hurt thanos.

Tshern
Originally posted by Priest
Does anybody realizes that thanos can one shot all these villians except maybe juggeranut, and absorbing man.
Unless the team gets prep their not goping to wins, non of these guys cant even break thru thanos's sheilds. non of them would even hurt thanos.
Well, Thanos can one-shot them all he wants, but how does he counter Doom's maneuver I have described above a few times? The team IS able to protect Doom from Thanos' blasts for a second. Thanos isn't shooting anyone as long as he has forcefielded Juggernaut distracting him. Edit: Thanos isn't a god, he actually can lose.

Wally West
Well, Thanos can one-shot them all he wants, but how does he counter Doom's maneuver I have described above a few times? The team IS able to protect Doom from Thanos' blasts for a second. Thanos isn't shooting anyone as long as he has forcefielded Juggernaut distracting him. Edit: Thanos isn't a god, he actually can lose. You are assuming the team has a plan and all immediately know to protect Doom, but there is no prep. Thanos could just blast the lot of them as soon as the fight starts and send most of these guys to the other side of the planet, except perhaps Juggernaut. And correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think Doom has used that power against a non-human before, and has not used it on an Eternal so theres no gurantee it would even work. I don't think anyone is getting at Thanos' mind unless he lets them. And like I've said, Thanos knows everything about Doom, as soon as the fight starts what is to stop Thanos shutting down Doom's mind?

boriquaking55
There's just way too man variables in this fight - it can go any way. I'd give it to team 6/10, just barely.

Tshern
You are assuming the team has a plan and all immediately know to protect Doom, but there is no prep. Thanos could just blast the lot of them as soon as the fight starts and send most of these guys to the other side of the planet, except perhaps Juggernaut. And correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think Doom has used that power against a non-human before, and has not used it on an Eternal so theres no gurantee it would even work. I don't think anyone is getting at Thanos' mind unless he lets them. And like I've said, Thanos knows everything about Doom, as soon as the fight starts what is to stop Thanos shutting down Doom's mind?
Why wouldn't it work on a non-human if the damn Ovoids are using it? I don't think the Ovoids are common people from Alabama either.

Doom has so strong will that Thanos wouldn't shut his mind that easily. Has Thanos ever shut down anyone's mind on panel?

And planning is allowed according to the forum rules. Good points regardless, I like your posts.

Wally West
Why wouldn't it work on a non-human if the damn Ovoids are using it? I don't think the Ovoids are common people from Alabama either.

Doom has so strong will that Thanos wouldn't shut his mind that easily. Has Thanos ever shut down anyone's mind on panel?

And planning is allowed according to the forum rules. Good points regardless, I like your posts.
Thanks.

Thanos has beaten Moondragon in a mindwar, so his will and mind aren't easy to overcome either, even if Doom's power worked, I doubt it would be instantanious.

And he shut down the Maker's mind (aka the Beyonder):

http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maker49bp.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maker54bp.jpg

and was over, "Just like that".

I assumed there was no planning as the first post said there was no prep.

golem370
Doom is not Thanos. Thanos is smarter stronger more durable and more powerful

Tshern
Doom is not Thanos. Thanos is smarter stronger more durable and more powerful
Of course Thanos is smarter, stronger, more durable and more powerful. I'm not arguing against that. What I'm saying is that some people seem not to understand that Thanos is not getting a landslide of victories here. After all, he is battling a mutant who opens wormholes, a ex-boxer who knocked out Thor, a despot intelligent enough to absorb Galactus' powers, an exemplar who has more than once stood up against Thor/beaten the Hulk and a bunch of other very powerful villains.

I'm not even arguing that the team wins a majority. I'm simply throwing in some food for thought. The team definitely has the powersets that can take Thanos down when used wisely and this team has the wits to use them smartly. Yet many don't want to give them a chance which in my opinion is disregarding their capabilities.

Nice scans, Wally. From the Annihilation, I presume. And apparently an issue I'm planning on buying tomorrow, luckily it didn't spoil too much.

Anyways, he seems to drop a person on the ground without killing him. Doom's will power is amazing, I think he'd stay up longer. This is purely hypothetical, but I recall he also has some protections against telepathy in his armour...

Wally West
Nice scans, Wally. From the Annihilation, I presume. And apparently an issue I'm planning on buying tomorrow, luckily it didn't spoil too much.

Anyways, he seems to drop a person on the ground without killing him. Doom's will power is amazing, I think he'd stay up longer. This is purely hypothetical, but I recall he also has some protections against telepathy in his armour... Actually its from Thanos' own series out a couple of years ago, so it hasn't spoiled Annihilation for you. Its collected in Thanos: Samaritan, which is pretty cool, check it out if you can.

His intention was to keep her alive but effectively make her brain dead, which is why she is still breathing, as he said that was the only way to ensure the real Beyonder never returned, by keeping him prisoner within the mortal shell.

Tshern
Actually its from Thanos' own series out a couple of years ago, so it hasn't spoiled Annihilation for you. Its collected in Thanos: Samaritan, which is pretty cool, check it out if you can.

His intention was to keep her alive but effectively make her brain dead, which is why she is still breathing, as he said that was the only way to ensure the real Beyonder never returned, by keeping him prisoner within the mortal shell.
Fiuuh, lucky me then. I've been thinking of reading that series. Don't have the motivation to buy it from here, original magazines have to imported and so forth. I recall my friend has it though.

Okay, Thanos made him braindead. Then I'm moving to my next argument to protect Doom's mind (I jump over the willpower and the speculation concerning his armour, unless someone confirms my claim).

Batdude and someone else established a claim that Magneto has such a high resistance against telepathy because of electromagnetic currencies and his willpower. Couldn't he protect Doom with these currencies and combine that protection with Doom's appaling power of will? It's only speculation again, though.

And shutting down Doom's mind would give other team members chance to attack. I don't think Thanos can ignore Juggernaut forever and he can't really hurt Juggs either... Then we still have Absorbing Man, Maggs and all the rest.

bigbran
Originally posted by Horrificus
Doom waits and watches as Thanos battles, who he thinks are his most serious threats. While this is happening, Doom binds Thanos, drains Thanos or shunts Thanos to a dimension where is can die, or be destroyed.
However it happens, the man that defeated the Beyonder, ends up defeating Thanos. There is no prep.
That was a future Doom.
That Doom also had to use a machine to get Galactus's power.
I don't even think Doom can really absorb power like that.
Didn't he use machines to do it to Surfer?
I know a Doombot used a massive machine to steal Surfer's energy.

Also, I guess I need to read Secret Wars again, since there are people saying he beat him, and there are people saying Beyonder beat Doom.

So basically, Doom isn't taking his power.

bigbran
Batdude and someone else established a claim that Magneto has such a high resistance against telepathy because of electromagnetic currencies and his willpower. Couldn't he protect Doom with these currencies and combine that protection with Doom's appaling power of will? It's only speculation again, though.

And shutting down Doom's mind would give other team members chance to attack. I don't think Thanos can ignore Juggernaut forever and he can't really hurt Juggs either... Then we still have Absorbing Man, Maggs and all the rest. How would Magneto be able to effeciently protect himself and Doom?
Also, I think Moondragon is quite a bit higher than Prof X.
She also had the Mind Gem.
And I'm pretty sure, she put Prof X in a coma, with a mind attack. Thanos was able to beat her.
Hmm...

Also, Juggs is going to have to take down his shield.
Plus, what exactly is he going to do to hurt Thanos?
Thanos can hurt Juggs.
Take off his helmet, and Juggs is a gonner.
Is this really going to distract him?
I mean, he still has his shields up, that Galactus had to exert force to pierce them. Omega fired off a massive blast, and Thanos was still alive because of his shields. Fallen One tried to attack him, and Thanos put him down with a wall. Thor tried to throw his hammer through it, and his hammer stopped dead, then hit the ground.

How would Absorbing Man defend against getting turned into stone...

Grimm22
Without prep, the villans are ****ed no expression

Soljer
Originally posted by Grimm22
Without prep, the villans are ****ed no expression

Only true thing I've heard from you in a while.

And if Thanos gets prep too?

Oh...oh hell..

Hell no.

great_dane
cock

Wally West
Thanos could scramble the brains of a few of these guys and have them become his thralls (like he did with the Fallen One, it only took him a few seconds to do), then turn them against the rest of the villains. He could do that with Abomination and Absorbing Man and the team would have their hands full with them alone.

In Infinity Gauntlet he turns Wolverine's adamantium into rubber, he could probably do that to Ultron (I know he was using the power gem at the time but he has shown matter manipulation before, and none of the powers he used in that power gem fight were things we haven't really seen from him before).

He could trap Magneto and Doom's heads inside blocks of pure force and suffocate them.

Theres lots if ways he could beat most of these guys.

Kid Kurdy
Theres lots if ways he could beat most of these guys.
Oh probably. But NOT all at the same time. No way.

It won't be a question of "Can Thanos beat them ?" but "Can Thanos survive it ?"

A well written Juggernaut alone will be a good challenge for Thanos. Magneto : same thing. Throw in Apocalypse, Sinister, Absorbing Man, Doom, Ultron, Abomination... I almost feel sorry for Thanos.

Wally West
Magneto on his own is not a good challenge for Thanos, thats crazy talk.

Kid Kurdy
Magneto on his own is not a good challenge for Thanos, thats crazy talk.
I'm not saying Magneto will kick him around, because that's bull, but still... depending on the writer, Magneto has done some truly crazy and uber powerful stuff.

Wally West
Yes he has, but its not like hes Silver Surfer class he is, and it takes at least a herald level character to challenge Thanos.

He can survive planet destroying blasts and hardly be damaged, these guys won't be able to bring him down, and like I said earlier, he could mess with their minds and make them his thralls, thus evening the numbers.

Kid Kurdy
Yes he has, but its not like hes Silver Surfer class he is, and it takes at least a herald level character to challenge Thanos.
Surfer would get killed too by these guys. Unless he plays it very smart, and uses every power he has (including speed).

Exactly the same thing can be said about Juggernaut. How is Thanos gonna beat him ? I don't know.

Wally West
Thanos is to smart to just rely on brute strength and force if he had to fight Juggernaut, I've suggested in the past on that fight that he could turn Juggernaut's helmet into a different materal with matter manipulation and attack his mind, or just drain Cain's lifeforce away. He could remove him from the battlefield but I think it was said thats not allowed here.

Kid Kurdy
Thanos is to smart to just rely on brute strength and force if he had to fight Juggernaut, I've suggested in the past on that fight that he could turn Juggernaut's helmet into a different materal with matter manipulation and attack his mind, or just drain Cain's lifeforce away. He could remove him from the battlefield but I think it was said thats not allowed here.
Wow, some serious speculation here. He could do this, he could to that.

Are you sure ? Cyttorak >>> Thanos. That forcefield is a real pain in the ass. It makes Juggernaut even more durable than Thanos.

Wally West
Its hardly speculation since Thanos has shown matter manipulation ability and the ability to drain the lifeforce from someone.

Kid Kurdy
From someone... you said it yourself.

I'd like to see however Thanos drawing the life force from Absorbing Man, or Juggernaut, or Ultron, or Apocalypse, or Sinister...

That should be interesting.

Wally West
Yes it would certainly be interesting to see someone drain the lifeforce of Ultron...

Tell me, do you have any examples of Juggernaut resisting matter and energy manipulation?

Kid Kurdy
Tell me, do you have any examples of Juggernaut resisting matter and energy manipulation?
As much as you have examples of Juggernaut being weak to those kinds of things.

You're assuming too much. Godforce from Thor ? Juggernaut hardly notices it. A guy who can take that, can also take Thanos punches and blasts.

Of course Thanos can beat Juggernaut, but not in physical way. But I don't want to turn this into a Thanos vs Juggernaut thread.

Thanos is outnumbered. Way outnumbered if I might say so.

Doom, Absorbing Man and Juggernaut can beat Thanos. Or Magneto, Apocalypse and Ultron. Unless they fight stupid.

Wally West
"Doom, Absorbing Man and Juggernaut can beat Thanos."

No they can't.

"Or Magneto, Apocalypse and Ultron"

Neither can they.

I forgot though, you like to chime in on Thanos threads and insist everyman and their dog can beat him, so theres no point debating with you.

golem370
Here is the Senario Thanos use a large blast to K.O Doom off the bat then he he uses his eye blastes and knocks Juggernaut's helmet off and easily attacks his mind turning him into a ally and then it's Thanos and Juggernaut vs Absorbing Man.

Tshern

Also, Juggs is going to have to take down his shield.
Plus, what exactly is he going to do to hurt Thanos?
Thanos can hurt Juggs.
Take off his helmet, and Juggs is a gonner.
Is this really going to distract him?
I mean, he still has his shields up, that Galactus had to exert force to pierce them. Omega fired off a massive blast, and Thanos was still alive because of his shields. Fallen One tried to attack him, and Thanos put him down with a wall. Thor tried to throw his hammer through it, and his hammer stopped dead, then hit the ground.

How would Absorbing Man defend against getting turned into stone...
Why on Earth would Juggernaut have to take off his helmet?

And Absorbing man would turn him self to stone and continue moving?

And most of all, Thanos used the shields of his SHIP against Galactus, not shields created by his own power. Hence, the point is utterly moot.

Madvillain
Only real threat here is Absorbing Man. Take him out and Thanos stands a chance, but as he's in there, the team wins 10/10

Kid Kurdy
I forgot though, you like to chime in on Thanos threads and insist everyman and their dog can beat him, so theres no point debating with you.
Whatever. At least I bring some arguments to the table, unlike the "It's Thanos he can't lose" argument.

This team : overkill.

Half of the team : still overkill.

Each of these guys alone against Thanos : Thanos wins (Juggernaut and Magneto... I don't know however, they have very powerful force fields and Magneto is more versatile than Thanos).

Wally West
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Whatever. At least I bring some arguments to the table, unlike the "It's Thanos he can't lose" argument. Thats funny because I don't recall using that argument, and have listed several different ideas on how he can beat most of the people he is facing here, whereas you have relied on insiting Juggernaut cannot be beaten and Magneto can solo Thanos, and not brought any other arguments to the table...

Kid Kurdy
Thats funny because I don't recall using that argument, and have listed several different ideas on how he can beat most of the people he is facing here, whereas you have relied on insiting Juggernaut cannot be beaten
Not in a physical way. Thanos needs more than his fists and his blasts.

I thought this was basic knowledge ?

A "high end" Magneto can definitely give Thanos serious trouble. Why not ? His forcefield has survived nuclear blasts without effort, and Magneto is a very versatile fighter.

Have you forgotten that Thanos has upgraded himself not only in a mystical way, but also in a technological way ? There's a good chance Magneto can manipulate those enhancements. And does Thanos have iron in his blood by the way ? You'd probably say "No he doesn't" because it would be bad news for Thanos.

And even if he hasn't, there are lots of other ways to hurt Thanos or to make the fight interesting : create a wormhole, invert gravity, turn invisible, drop a mountain on Thanos and so on.

And you think Doom and Apoc and Absorbing Man and Juggernaut are just gonna sit there and fill in the crosswords ?

Thanos is so screwed.

(I like Thanos much more than I like Magneto, but I know where to draw the line : at Thanos fanboys. They are ruining a pretty good villain)

golem370
Magneto is nothing to Thanos.

Wally West
Not in a physical way. Thanos needs more than his fists and his blasts.

I thought this was basic knowledge ?

You must have missed the post where I said Thanos wouldn't rely on brute strength and force to beat Juggernaut, because you know its not like he has other attributes like telepathy, telekensis, energy and matter manipulation, astral projection, etc etc. Oh and an intellect that makes Doom and Reed look like 2 year olds.

A "high end" Magneto can definitely give Thanos serious trouble. Why not ? His forcefield has survived nuclear blasts without effort, and Magneto is a very versatile fighter.

Have you forgotten that Thanos has upgraded himself not only in a mystical way, but also in a technological way ? There's a good chance Magneto can manipulate those enhancements. And does Thanos have iron in his blood by the way ? You'd probably say "No he doesn't" because it would be bad news for Thanos.

And even if he hasn't, there are lots of other ways to hurt Thanos or to make the fight interesting : create a wormhole, invert gravity, turn invisible, drop a mountain on Thanos and so on.

And you think Doom and Apoc and Absorbing Man and Juggernaut are just gonna sit there and fill in the crosswords ?
A high-end Magneto isn't even as powerful as Silver Surfer, who Thanos has beaten to near death with ease.

I have no idea if Thanos has iron in his blood, I would assume he does, but he also has complete molecular control over his body and Magneto is not ripping him to pieces or whatever else you have in mind, take a look at him traveling to the In-Betweener and see what his body can take.

Dropping a mountain on Thanos? Hes survived much worse. Wormhole? He can teleport away and even if he didnt has survived being sucked into a black hole. Magneto cannot dish out the punishment needed to take down Thanos. And its not like Thanos would just let his opponent's attack him without attacking back.

Oh and anyone who thinks Absorbing Man is troubling THANOS is out of their minds. He could just turn him to stone or glass (something he has done before) and shatter him to pieces, or shut down his mind, in case him in a block of force etc.

Non-prepped Doom or Apocalypse are nothing to Thanos either. Thanos could turn most of these guys into his thralls and even things up.

Lord S
The only place you'll ever see Magneto get the better of Thanos is in the 'Marvel Super Heroes' fighting game...or 'Marvel vs. Capcom 2'. Other than that, he's a joke to Thanos.

Kid Kurdy
A high-end Magneto isn't even as powerful as Silver Surfer, who Thanos has beaten to near death with ease.
ABC Logic. Surfer is not Magneto. Surfer is an idiot when he fights Thanos, he only uses half of his powers and almost never uses his awesome speed.

I never said that. Absorbing Man giving Thanos trouble is something that can happen, but Absorbing Man beating Thanos is bollocks.

I don't know about that. I really doubt it.

I only remember one occasion in which Thanos turned somebody into a statue or so - with that Skrull dude, an old comic.

Glass Thor doesn't count - IG.

Doom is by far my favorite villain, but I agree he's nothing to Thanos without prep. Apocalypse... depends, is it Jobberclypse or the True Apocalypse (whatever that may be) ?

Yes. You don't have to convince me, I know that already. But all at the same time ? Forget it. Is not gonna happen.

Soljer
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Always great to hear the opinion of someone who diametrically opposes one of the characters in the thread. No one listens to Kid Kurdy in Thanos threads just like no one listens to Grimm22 in Wolverine threads. It would be pointless.

Wally West
I only remember one occasion in which Thanos turned somebody into a statue or so - with that Skrull dude, an old comic.

Glass Thor doesn't count - IG.

Doom is by far my favorite villain, but I agree he's nothing to Thanos without prep. Apocalypse... depends, is it Jobberclypse or the True Apocalypse (whatever that may be) ?

Yes. You don't have to convince me, I know that already. But all at the same time ? Forget it. Is not gonna happen. Re turning the Skrull to stone, I don't think it should be disregarded simply because its from an old comic, its an example of matter manipluation which Thanos still shows today, just not that extreame (but the character isn't as ruthless now), its within his capability. Turning Thor to glass, granted he was using the power gem during that fight, but again its not an example of a power he doesn't normally have, that particular case may be him amping his power up with the gem though. There are other examples of him manipulating matter, so its not a power that should just be disregarded.

Apocalypse is to inconsistant for me to actually believe without prep he is a Thanos-beater.

And remember, Thanos has a personal teleporter on him at all times, he could take this fight and any of his opponent's to wherever he wants on the planet and continue the battle there (I don't know if that counts as battlefield removal or not since the Earth is the battlefield...), or since he has force fields that even Galactus has to exert himself to break he could keep any of these guys at bay for as long as he needs to pick them off one at a time.

Horrificus

Ovoid ploy would work.
If they were able to disable a Herald of Galactus, they have the ability to effect Thanos. So, their technology would most likely work on Thanos.

Horrificus
There is no prep.
That was a future Doom.
That Doom also had to use a machine to get Galactus's power.
I don't even think Doom can really absorb power like that.
Didn't he use machines to do it to Surfer?
I know a Doombot used a massive machine to steal Surfer's energy.

Also, I guess I need to read Secret Wars again, since there are people saying he beat him, and there are people saying Beyonder beat Doom.

So basically, Doom isn't taking his power.

Doom was able to absorb the power of Galactus' ship. Then he went up to battle Beyonder.
Beyonder had Doom defeated, and he was actually disecting him.
While Doom was split in half, (up the middle), he did his classic "Doom Thing", where is realizes the unbeleivable pain of his last moments of life as he starts to fade away, and then states that he is not just an average person or something. Beyonder continues his disection and inspection of Doom's dying body.
He is dying, but refuses, for, he is, after all, "Doom", and they show his outstretched hand reaching toward a single button within his split armor...

Doom Triumphant.

So, in reality, he defeated Galactus and Beyonder. With just his brain.

Don't tell me that He can't do the same to Thanos.

Alfheim
Re turning the Skrull to stone, I don't think it should be disregarded simply because its from an old comic, its an example of matter manipluation which Thanos still shows today,

Old comics are like handbooks you need something to back it up as well because old comics can sometimes contradict completely what characters can do today. What skrull was this, was this a super skrull or a normal skrull?

just not that extreame (but the character isn't as ruthless now), its within his capability. Turning Thor to glass, granted he was using the power gem during that fight, but again its not an example of a power he doesn't normally have, that particular case may be him amping his power up with the gem though. There are other examples of him manipulating matter, so its not a power that should just be disregarded.

Yes but until you have actually seen him turn a super powered person like Thor to stone without a gem you are just speculating. Obvoulsy turning Thor into stone is going to be alot harder than turning a normal skrull into stone.

norrinradd43
Fatal Attractions Magneto would give Thanos serious trouble

Mr. Sinister is probably almost as smart as Thanos, plus he is pretty much immortal

Dont forget much Apocalypse's technology and power are "Gifts" from the Celestials

Juggernaut is Juggernaut

Ultron is made out of Adamantium

Doom and Absorbing mand are no jokes either

Earth's Greatest Villians win 10/10

Tshern
Ovoid ploy would work.
If they were able to disable a Herald of Galactus, they have the ability to effect Thanos. So, their technology would most likely work on Thanos.
It's not about technology as far as I know. As far as I know, it's only up to Doom's concentration.

And I seriously think Thanos can't beat Juggernaut physically. Why could since classic Juggernaut has consistently proved to be impervious to physical damage and nothing has shown to be able to penetrate his shield?

Lord S
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Fatal Attractions Magneto would give Thanos serious trouble How? Because he did a number on Wolverine, that means he's suddenly a match for Thanos? Get real.

Mr. Sinister is probably almost as smart as Thanos, plus he is pretty much immortal

I seriously doubt that. Sinister is more into genetics. Thanos is into everything.

Dont forget much Apocalypse's technology and power are "Gifts" from the Celestials

Oh I can never forget Apocalypse and his so-called power. Gifts they may be, but he's shown that he's too inept and too cowardly to take it to the next level...getting his ass handed to him, repeatedly, by the X-Men and Cable. Pathetic...just pathetic. The single biggest joke of a villain in Marvel...not even worthy of the title of 'villain', IMO. He would high-tail it out of there rather than standing and fighting.

Juggernaut is Juggernaut

And?

Wow...and?

That's true...but we're talking an impromtu, spur of the moment type confrontation. Doom usually needs prep-time.

More like Thanos 8.5/10

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Fatal Attractions Magneto would give Thanos serious trouble

Juggernaut is Juggernaut

That is pretty cool.
Thanos killed Silver Surfer after he resurected him. no expression

thedude1948
Thanos can easily one shot at least 95% of the villains (probably more). And what are the villains going to do to him? nothing....

Soljer
Originally posted by thedude1948
Thanos can easily one shot at least 95% of the villains (probably more). And what are the villains going to do to him? nothing....

Indeed.

Tshern
I mean Thanos cannot win the Juggernaut unless he can drain his magical powers and he comes up with the idea. Not too likely.

Tshern
Indeed.
The Ovoid trick might work. Also, what is he going to do to the Juggernaut?

Oh yeah, I'd like to point out that I'm not actually arguing for the villains nor Thanos. Just making points.

thedude1948
Juggernaut is currently depowered.

masterbruce
For those who say Doom won't be able to prep: Well, its not like they all have to fight Thanos at the same time.

Juggernaut, Ultron, Absorbing Man and Abomination can be the first front and take on Thanos. Mandarin, Magneto and Mr. Sinister will provide range attack support. This will certainly occupy Thanos. Doom and Apocalypse can then make plans to defeat Thanos somehow.

Remember, this isn't Thanos fighting guys one by one, he's taking them all on at once, so its much harder.

masterbruce
Juggernaut is currently depowered.

The Juggernaut in my scenario is Classic. I always forget to specify that because he's the only real juggernaut in my mind.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by masterbruce
For those who say Doom won't be able to prep: Well, its not like they all have to fight Thanos at the same time.

Juggernaut, Ultron, Absorbing Man and Abomination can be the first front and take on Thanos. Mandarin, Magneto and Mr. Sinister will provide range attack support. This will certainly occupy Thanos. Doom and Apocalypse can then make plans to defeat Thanos somehow.

Remember, this isn't Thanos fighting guys one by one, he's taking them all on at once, so its much harder.
Thanos has killed Surfer with a few hits just for fun and those guys are nothing compared to SS.

Soljer

Thanos uses a pimp-smack or eye beams and takes out damn near everyone you just mentioned.

Problem solved.

Kid Kurdy
Thanos uses a pimp-smack or eye beams and takes out damn near everyone you just mentioned.

Problem solved.
You really thought about it, didn't you ? Pimp smack and eye beams... wow, Juggernaut, Magneto, Sinister, Absorbing Man and Ultron are gonna be sooo impressed.

A pimp smack ! And eye beam !! My God, let's get out of here !!! Run fellow villains, run !

masterbruce
Thanos has killed Surfer with a few hits just for fun and those guys are nothing compared to SS.

Juggernaut is not movable if he charges at Thanos. He took Thor's godblast without flinching, I doubt Thano's punches are going to be much more powerful.

Absorbing Man can be arguably more dangerous than Surfer and much more durable.

Abomination is stronger than Hulk.

masterbruce

juggernaut66666
Juggernaut is not movable if he charges at Thanos. He took Thor's godblast without flinching, I doubt Thano's punches are going to be much more powerful.

Absorbing Man can be arguably more dangerous than Surfer and much more durable.

Abomination is stronger than Hulk.
Absorbing Man more dangerous then SS????????

Soljer
You really thought about it, didn't you ? Pimp smack and eye beams... wow, Juggernaut, Magneto, Sinister, Absorbing Man and Ultron are gonna be sooo impressed.

A pimp smack ! And eye beam !! My God, let's get out of here !!! Run fellow villains, run !

Thanos can damn near one shot everyone you mentioned, save Juggernaut. Whom he can likely drain of magicks, mind rape, transmute, or BFR (even if the latter isn't applicable in this particular fight).

masterbruce
Thanos can damn near one shot everyone you mentioned, save Juggernaut. Whom he can likely drain of magicks, mind rape, transmute, or BFR (even if the latter isn't applicable in this particular fight).

BFR isn't allowed.

When did Thanos ever drain someone's magical powers or transmute someone without any additional help?

thedude1948
Does Thanos get Skreet in this fight? wink

masterbruce
Does Thanos get Skreets in this fight?

sorry, don't know what skreets are. but I'm going to say no.

Soljer
BFR isn't allowed.

When did Thanos ever drain someone's magical powers or transmute someone without any additional help?

Illiterate much? I believe I stated: "even if the latter isn't applicable in this particular fight."

Kid Kurdy
Absorbing Man more dangerous then SS????????
That depends on how you look at it. Surfer is of course more powerful, but it's a fair question if Absorbing Man can absorb Thanos powers.

I say : why not ? It is Absorbing Man after all, and you wouldn't believe the crazy stuff Creel has absorbed during the years : steel, Hulks powers, helium, cosmic radiation, vibranium...

Even Thor avoids throwing Mjolnir at Absorbing Man, because he could absorb it and turn himself into Uru.

masterbruce
Illiterate much? I believe I stated: "even if the latter isn't applicable in this particular fight."

I saw that in your post. Didn't understand why you mentioned it if it wasn't applicable.

Also, can you show where Thanos has removed someone's magical attributes and where he transmuted someone without any additional help since you claimed he has these abilities.

Soljer
I saw that in your post. Didn't understand why you mentioned it if it wasn't applicable.

Also, can you show where Thanos has removed someone's magical attributes and where he transmuted someone without any additional help since you claimed he has these abilities.

Thanos' body has been shown to synthesize cosmic energies for all sorts of purposes in the past. Even energy/matter manipulation, and psychic abilities. Let me see if I can go find some scans, I don't really keep them on hand.

Galan777
A strange event wiped out every hero on Marvel Earth. Thanos decides this is his perfect opportunity to invade and take control of Earth. However, Marvel's longstanding villains have different ideas. They're not going to let an alien tyrant take what rightly belongs to them and have agreed to put their differences aside and defend Earth against Thanos.

There is no prep, as Thanos teleports directly to Earth and begins battle immediately.

No battlefield removal allowed.

Thanos

versus

Dr. Doom, Mandarin, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Juggernaut, Magneto, Abomination, Ultron and Absorbing Man

Can Marvel's greatest villains SAVE the planet??? ehh, with no prep I think Thanos could take the majority 6/10.

IMO Absorbing man would be his biggest threat.

thanos

juggernaut66666
2 words
Matter manipulation

masterbruce
2 words
Matter manipulation

Mandarin can manipulate matter as well.

Horrificus

Horrificus
And, I say, due to what has been show in the past, Doom WILL already have some kind of prep for Thanos.

It is part of his character. Doom and Thanos know of each other, and respect each other.

He will not be unprepaired. Doom will instinctively take control of whoever he can. In other words, I suggest that AM and Juggs immediately break to attack Thanos at Doom's "suggestion".

complexbrother
Thanos is the smartest and most ruthless villian in the marvel U, he would trick the absorbing man into turning into elmers paste, he's strong enough to rip Juggie's helmet off and then hit him with the mind whammy, turn magneto's powers aginst him, the only real threat would be Apocypse and Mr. Sinister both of whome he would most likely use a power nullifing spell on them and trn them into ash.

Thanos in about 3 hours.

Horrificus
Originally posted by complexbrother
Thanos is the smartest and most ruthless villian in the marvel U, he would trick the absorbing man into turning into elmers paste, he's strong enough to rip Juggie's helmet off and then hit him with the mind whammy, turn magneto's powers aginst him, the only real threat would be Apocypse and Mr. Sinister both of whome he would most likely use a power nullifing spell on them and trn them into ash.

Thanos in about 3 hours.

That's funny. Thanos said something similar about Doom.

norrinradd43
If we are talking about just normal Thanos...the one who just got his heart ripped out and has been defeated by the Avengers twice with one time being with the help of Thing, Spiderman, and Warlock than he looses this 10/10 this team of villians would own any avengers team

the Darkone
Thanos will own this team, Thanos has face worst teams then this. This would get served against the right avenger team. Thanos will kick everyone ass and magneto and doom wouldn't what know of Thanos especially if he is really piss.

Wally West
That depends on how you look at it. Surfer is of course more powerful, but it's a fair question if Absorbing Man can absorb Thanos powers.

I say : why not ? It is Absorbing Man after all, and you wouldn't believe the crazy stuff Creel has absorbed during the years : steel, Hulks powers, helium, cosmic radiation, vibranium...

Even Thor avoids throwing Mjolnir at Absorbing Man, because he could absorb it and turn himself into Uru. You're talking about one of the most stupidest and biggest jobbers in Marvel compared to one of the most powerful and smartest characters. You talk like Thanos would fight stupid and play into his hands, it would be the other way round, Thanos is almost always shown to outsmart his opponents, and none of these guys are even close to his intelligence, let alone power.

He is also used to fighting groups, he has defeated an entire army (the deadliest in the universe) on his own, and fought teams of enemies lots of times, he would not be overwhielmed and his shields would keep any of these guys at bay for as long as he needs.

Xplosive
Anyway, those villains together could overwhelm Thanos.
Thanos would be lost, if they owul latkac him all suddenly. Every power from anyside, the team shoud win this.
Thanos couldn't quite handle Thor and The Thing at the same time.

Magneto is very powerful, Absorbing Man can be very dangerous, Dr. Doom without prep, not really, but he could do something after short time the battle began, to figure something, Juggernaut knocked out Thor, taken his blast with ease, someone, who has given a problem to such as High Evolutionary, Loki, taking out PE Ikaris pretty easily, could be very dangerous, also proven that he could penetrate Juggs shield, but can be written also as a joke.
Team could win this...

Wally West
Originally posted by Xplosive
Thanos couldn't quite handle Thor and The Thing at the same time.Yes he could, he knocked Thing out and was beating Thor. Of course that was Thanos before he died and Death brought him back with his power greatly increased, and Thanos who is even more powerful today. So yeah, not a great example there.

Xplosive
with his power greatly increased, and Thanos who is even more powerful today. So yeah, not a great example there.

True, but those team is also much, much more than Thor and The Thing.

Kid Kurdy
You're talking about one of the most stupidest and biggest jobbers in Marvel compared to one of the most powerful and smartest characters. You talk like Thanos would fight stupid and play into his hands, it would be the other way round
And you act like the villains are a bunch of unexperienced pansies.

Power true, but intelligence ? Doom is imo as smart as Thanos. The only thing that makes Thanos more dangerous is the fact that Thanos has more technology at his disposal.

But using technology against its creator => that's where Doom shines. He's great at that, he does it all the time.

And you didn't answer the question : can Absorbing Man absorb Thanos powers ? There's a good chance he can, based on what he has absorbed already.

Wally West
Power true, but intelligence ? Doom is imo as smart as Thanos. The only thing that makes Thanos more dangerous is the fact that Thanos has more technology at his disposal.

But using technology against its creator => that's where Doom shines. He's great at that, he does it all the time.

And you didn't answer the question : can Absorbing Man absorb Thanos powers ? There's a good chance he can, based on what he has absorbed already. There is absolutely no way, no how, that Doom is as smart as Thanos. Thanos' tech makes Doom's look like a joke, tech Thanos has invented and created himself. Hes outsmarted the Elder of the Universe the Grandmaster at his own game, Thanos is one of the smartest beings in the universe. Doom has nothing on him.

And yes Absorbing Man probably could absorb Thanos' power, but doesn't he have a limit on how much power he can absorb? And doesn't Thanos' power come from a near limitless source of cosmic energy? And Thanos simply isn't stupid enough to power up Absorbing Man like that, everyone outsmarts Absorbing Man, it will be a walk in the park for Thanos, or he'll just shut down his mind or contain him without even touching him.

Alfheim
I think Magneto could actually be a threat to Thanos. Magneto's shields are capable of withstanding nukes. His shields are powerful enough to take blows from Thor's hammer and She Hulk at the same time and could probably own both of them.

Thor is probably powerful enough to fight SS and Thor has owned the Gladiator. Magneto can be at least be a nuisance to Thanos.

Wally West

Horrificus
There is absolutely no way, no how, that Doom is as smart as Thanos. Thanos' tech makes Doom's look like a joke, tech Thanos has invented and created himself. Hes outsmarted the Elder of the Universe the Grandmaster at his own game, Thanos is one of the smartest beings in the universe. Doom has nothing on him.

And yes Absorbing Man probably could absorb Thanos' power, but doesn't he have a limit on how much power he can absorb? And doesn't Thanos' power come from a near limitless source of cosmic energy? And Thanos simply isn't stupid enough to power up Absorbing Man like that, everyone outsmarts Absorbing Man, it will be a walk in the park for Thanos, or he'll just shut down his mind or contain him without even touching him.

Thanos himself has said that Doom has a "Towering Intellect" and needs to be watched.

Again, as I said before, if Doom can understand and harness the energies and technologies of Galactus and the Beyonder, he can do the same with Thanos.

And, Absorbing Man may be able to absorb some aspect of Thanos' power, but he would not be able to replicate it exactly. I am a big AM fan, but he blew up trying to absorb the power of the Earth. As much as I think the team would win this, I also believe that Thanos' power excedes the power of the earth. I think AM would have a problem absorbing or replicating ALL of Thanos' power.
But, I think if he wanted to, he could absorb the attributes of part of Thanos power, Cosmic Power, Shield, Physical Traits, etc.
He would definitely gain Thanos' attention.

Xplosive
Again, as I said before, if Doom can understand and harness the energies and technologies of Galactus and the Beyonder, he can do the same with Thanos.

I agree on that part, if he can understand Galactus technology, he should have no problem with Thanos.

Wally West
Theres no prep and everyone is just teleported onto the battlefield, exactly what tech is Doom is going to take advantage of, and without prep how is Doom going to survive any sort of assault from Thanos long enough to take advantage of it? I've already pointed out Thanos respects Doom and keeps an eye on him, its silly to assume he will just ignore Doom and let him come up with some scheme during battle, he'll take him out first.

Horrificus
Because, current Doom is well awre of Thanos as a threat, and would already have something prepared.

That's his "thing".

Wally West
Well thats a killer argument.

Doom v Thor, no prep. Doom as hes always prepared.
Doom v Odin, no prep. Doom will have something planned for him.
Doom v Galactus, no prep. Doom probably created his own ultimate nullifier in advance and carries it with him as hes always prepared.
etc. etc.

You need to understand Doom is not in Thanos' league intelligence wise, or prep wise.

Xplosive
Because, current Doom is well awre of Thanos as a threat, and would already have something prepared.

That's his "thing".

But the thread says, no prep, even if he is aware of Thanos threat, maybe he wouldn't know Thanos would come and even Doom wouldn't have something for him, because Thanos just teleported on Earth. In that case, Victor would probably go first down, as he is the weakest in this team.

Horrificus
Well thats a killer argument.

Doom v Thor, no prep. Doom as hes always prepared.
Doom v Odin, no prep. Doom will have something planned for him.
Doom v Galactus, no prep. Doom probably created his own ultimate nullifier in advance and carries it with him as hes always prepared.
etc. etc.

You need to understand Doom is not in Thanos' league intelligence wise, or prep wise.

Ha! Doom said that is what you would say.
He was prepared.

In Doom's armor, he keeps snapshots of Thanos in a dress, just in case they run into eachother.

Always prepared...

Wally West
In Doom's armor, he keeps snapshots of Thanos in a dress, just in case they run into eachother.

Always prepared... You win, can't argue with that one wink

Even though Thanos respects Doom, it doesn't make them equals in intellect:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/DoomThanos2.jpg
"Considering the limits of his understanding of the cosmic..."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/DoomThanosi.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/DoomThanosii.jpg
"Even more sophisticated than my own"

Alfheim
Originally posted by Xplosive
But the thread says, no prep, even if he is aware of Thanos threat,

Theres no prep, but I think its allowed if we thinks it likely they would have made prep....geeeez im not sure if that makes sense.

For example The Abomination will not have made any prep just in case he comes across Thanos. Abomination does not get prep unless otherwise stated. We know that Dr Doom would have preped himself because of his character therefore he automatically could get some prep.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Alfheim
Theres no prep, but I think its allowed if we thinks it likely they would have made prep....geeeez im not sure if that makes sense.

For example The Abomination will not have made any prep just in case he comes across Thanos. Abomination does not get prep unless otherwise stated. We know that Dr Doom would have preped himself because of his character therefore he automatically could get some prep.

Even though Thanos respects Doom, it doesn't make them equals in intellect:

Yes but he is still impressed and he has to fight not just Dr Doom but other villains as well. The fact that Thanos has Doom under constant survillance implies that Dr Doom's intelligence can be dangerous to Thanos.

Wally West
This is almost as bad as the arguments that Batman is always prepared no matter the opponent.

Do you seriously think Dr. Doom has something say built in to his armour just in case he comes across Thanos, and that something is capable of defeating him? Didn't Doom recently have to fight Black Panther or something? Black Panther...Thanos, hardly in the same league are they.

But on the other hand, you don't think Thanos is prepared in case he has to face Doom, and is going to let Doom carry out whatever prep plan he has in store...

Someone go start a Thanos v Dr. Doom thread with no prep, lets see what the general opinion is

Alfheim

I should have elaborated of course Thanos will be prepared as well. I was just merely saying that Dr Doom will have some prep, you are jumping the gun I did not say that this means Dr Doom will win.

My poiint is that Dr Doom may not be as intelligent as Thanos but he is still smart enough to be a threat AND Thanos has to fight the other villains as well. Magneto is powerful enough to at least be a nuisance to Thanos.

Kid Kurdy
Doom vs Thanos is a joke.

Doom with prep vs Thanos is interesting.

Doom with prep vs Thanos with prep would be awesome.

Alfheim

Doom with prep vs Thanos with prep would be awesome.

Not to mention that Thanos has to fight several other villains at the same time. I just cant see the other villains standing there while Thanos trys to use his prep on Doom. Thanos maybe preped for Doom but he is not preped to fight Doom and several other villains.

Wally West
OK couple of new questions for you guys:

1) Who is breaking through Thanos' shields that even Galactus has to exert himself to break

2) Who is protecting the villains from Thanos' attacks, considering Mandarin, Abomination, Ultron, etc. would hardly be able to stand up to many direct attacks from him

3) Who is stopping the mind attacks, matter/energy manipulation attacks from Thanos

4) Who is killing Thanos, which only Drax the Destroyer can do wink Or who is KOing him, something Odin and Tyrant couldn't do

Alfheim

1) Who is breaking through Thanos' shields that even Galactus has to exert himself to break

2) Who is protecting the villains from Thanos' attacks, considering Mandarin, Abomination, Ultron, etc. would hardly be able to stand up to many direct attacks from him

3) Who is stopping the mind attacks, matter/energy manipulation attacks from Thanos

4) Who is killing Thanos, which only Drax the Destroyer can do wink Or who is KOing him, something Odin and Tyrant couldn't do

I dunno isn't some of this stuff PIS?

1) This isn't the incident were Galactus was almost at full power.

2) Since Magneto can survive Nukes and dircet blows from Thor's hammer and She Hulk I think he can at least take some blats from Thanos.

3) Well I think Magneto,Dr Doom, Apocalypse may have some resistance. Can Thanos Psi blast agroup or just one individual. AS for matter manipulation there is no proof he can turn people like Hulk or Thor into stone. I think Magneto again can have some resistance to matter manipulation. Oh yeah Juggernaut has PSI resistance too.

4) That sounds like PIS to me Drax KO's Thanos but Odin and Tyrnat can't...PIS. Especially since Wrrior Madness Thor could take on Drax and Magneto could probably still beat Warrior madness Thor.

boriquaking55
and Magneto could probably still beat Warrior madness Thor.

No.... just.....no

Tshern

1. For crying out loud, since when was Thanos allowed to use the shields of his SHIP in these matches? If he is allowed to use those, why wouldn't Doom be allowed to timetravel or something?
2. Why should they even protected? They are mere cannon fodder to give the big guns (apart from Thanos) some time to deal with the threat at hand.
3. He manipulates them all in a second or so?
4. Doom in Thanos' body could kill Thanos. That wouldn't be too difficult.

My questions:
1. How would Thanos manhandle the Juggernaut who walks around with his shield up? Unlike Thanos, he can use his shield without help from a ship that is not allowed to be used in this match.
2. Could the combined forces of the villains protect Doom for a second so that he can do the Ovoid trick? I certainly think they could. Probably wouldn't work every time, but I can see that happening.

Alfheim
Originally posted by boriquaking55
No.... just.....no

So if Magneto can take normaal Thor and other Avengers at the same time he can't take Warrior madness Thor? Magneto can survive several nukes and he cant take warrior madness Thor?

golem370
One more time Thanos fought the most dangerous Army in Marvel Universe.

Alfheim

That sounds like Jobbing to me, thats like Wolverine killing ninjas but just on a cosmic scale. Yeah that army was dangerous but doesnt mean hes going to beat these villains.

Tshern
It seemed to me that the people were battling with swords. Sounds like a terrible army indeed. Magneto could probably do it too, just like the Juggernaut and Absorbing Man could.

thedude1948
So if Magneto can take normaal Thor and other Avengers at the same time he can't take Warrior madness Thor? Magneto can survive several nukes and he cant take warrior madness Thor?

No...no expression

Kid Kurdy
I don't think Ovoid will work on Thanos.

Alfheim
No...no expression

Ok do you want to elaborate please? miffed

special_night_
may i ask something if you were a 16 year old boy who wanted to become a vigilante? how would you start?

Tshern
I don't think Ovoid will work on Thanos.
You don't believe? Prove it then.

Alfheim
Ok just did a bit of research on warrior madness Thor. Mags aint taking him.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>