night and fog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rapscallion
has anyone else seen this holocaust documentary? i only just saw it today and it is one of the most powerful, intense, and horrifying films i've ever seen. it's easily the best documentary i've ever seen. it's by french director Alain resnais and cmae out in 1955. if you've seen it please share your thoughts. if you haven't. i highly recomend you see it. but make sure you're ready to handle it.

: oh sh*t i posted this in the wrong forum! god i feel stupid. how's that for undermining the power of the message i was trying to convey about the film.

jaden101
yeah i have this on dvd...extremely powerful...it eclipses all other documentaries i've seen about the holocaust but then it is the source material for most of them

Rapscallion
i love the amount of artistry in it. it isn't simply a collage of violence but actually has a story to tell and tells it with immense skill. it steadily builds in intensity, and has an important message its trying to get across. sometimes i feel that documentaries are just assembled footage without much to unify them except the subject matter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.