Punisher 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fsufan89
I heard therewas another punisher comin out..dark and gloomier then the first.what do you expect to happen this time

Scarlet_Spidey
I thought it was a punishment already watching the first movie. I mean, how is it humanly possible making such a bad and cheesy movie ? Still a riddle to me...

Ultraman Baltan
I loved the new Punisher film. The sequel's villain was confirmed to be Jigsaw.

chris_64256
Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
I thought it was a punishment already watching the first movie. I mean, how is it humanly possible making such a bad and cheesy movie ? Still a riddle to me... I believe your thinking of Elecktra and Daredevil...

redcaped
I'm a fan of this movie 100%

brainchild81
Punisher is one of the most underrated films of all time. It sux that it came out the same day as Kill Bill pt2

Madvillain
Punisher was a weak movie. Among the bottom half when it comes to comic-book adaptations. That said, I'm not really looking forward to any sequels.

NoFate007
I didn't think it was too bad, or too good. It was better than the DL version though lol.

batdude123
I thought it was a punishment already watching the first movie. I mean, how is it humanly possible making such a bad and cheesy movie ? Still a riddle to me...

TAKE THAT BACK!!!! mad mad mad

The movie was really good.

H. S. 6
I liked the Punisher movie. shrug

Howard_Jones
It was very well made, and very accurate to the character. What was wrong with it?

The second one I think is bringing in that one guy. Crap. Lost his name. Castle killed him in his MAX series because the kid pissed on Frank's family's bones.

Anyway, it's supposed to bring in elements from the Up is Down and Black is White and Born. Probably two of my favorite Punisher arcs.

Wolfie
The Punisher is one of my favorite Marvel movies. All around, it was a really cool movie.

I'll be awaiting the sequel.

Blind
Okay, I don't know what's wrong with you people.

a) The Punisher movie was pretty good. I mean, I liked it, so that should confirm it, right?
and
b) The only reason people dislike Daredevil is because Ben Affleck played the part... and the Director's Cut was a LOT abetter.

and I'm not saying that as a fanboy. I'm not.

I'm NOT!!!

Maybe I am.... I don't know.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Blind

and I'm not saying that as a fanboy. I'm not.

I'm NOT!!!

Maybe I am.... I don't know.

You know, that may just be it. You all are watching these movies from the perspective of fanboys. Sometimes, it's good to watch these movies with a discerning mind. Not just: "Frank Castle is AWESOME he PWNNNNSSS!!!". No, the movie was terribly executed with a watered-down recycled plot. Here's hoping that Punisher 2 is better.

And for the record, I'm not the only one that seems to think this movie is ass buckets- 109 of these 152 people seem to agree with me.

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/1131721-punisher/

I thought I was in the Twilight Zone for a second there.

brainchild81
Nah. I remember when it 1st came out I was watching Ebert & Roeper. Roeper gave it a thumbs up. Ebert called it a well made movie & then the wuss gave it a thumbs down because he thought it was too "dark". How the hell can a Punisher movie be too "dark"? What comic movies do you consider to be better?

Madvillain
Originally posted by brainchild81
What comic movies do you consider to be better?

Marvel, or just comic book movies in general?

As far as Marvel is concerned:

All of them, with the exception of Elektra, and Fantastic Four- which PERSONALLY i found to be better than Punisher.

brainchild81
Yuck! Blade Trinity? Wolverine 3? FF wasn't absolutely horrible, but it's nowhere near as good as Punisher. Was it too "dark" for you as well?

Madvillain
Originally posted by brainchild81
Yuck! Blade Trinity? Wolverine 3? FF wasn't absolutely horrible, but it's nowhere near as good as Punisher. Was it too "dark" for you as well?

Wasn't dark at all. In fact, I'm a fan of dark films, and that's why Sin City is my favorite adaptation till date. Punisher 2 is just plain horrible.

okay, i'll agree with that one.

Slow down buddy. The first Wolverine hasn't even come out yet.

batdude123
Originally posted by Madvillain
You know, that may just be it. You all are watching these movies from the perspective of fanboys. Sometimes, it's good to watch these movies with a discerning mind. Not just: "Frank Castle is AWESOME he PWNNNNSSS!!!". No, the movie was terribly executed with a watered-down recycled plot. Here's hoping that Punisher 2 is better.

And for the record, I'm not the only one that seems to think this movie is ass buckets- 109 of these 152 people seem to agree with me.

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/1131721-punisher/

I thought I was in the Twilight Zone for a second there.

I don't even read Punisher and I thought it was really good.

chris_64256
Fantastic four was hard to watch for me...

srankmissingnin
There is an extended special edition Punisher dvd which features a director's cut similar to the Daredevil version which is supposed to also be better then the theatrical Punisher release. At least that's what Chris Gore said on AotS.

Jamaican

Oook - are you sure you're watching the movie we're all talking about. Maybe you are talking about Daredevil...

It was a good movie - the plot was good, acting was good. There were only a couple of things that shouldn't of been (Rebecca Romijn shouldn't have been a whore, in the sense that she came on to him so quickly...etc, etc) Also, I don't think they really left anything out or skipped anything that would leave you that dissapointed. Other than changing how his family died, there's really nothing else.

There were also some pretty funny lines/occurances in the movie that I thought gave it a nice touch (may have been corny - but funny)

"Were's Quentin?" "He's wrapped up in something" "Mom?" - "...She caught the train"

"This place is for hookers and whores...you'll fit right in"

"You killed my son!!" - Explosion - "Both of 'em"

I heard part 2 will be much more of an adult film. That they made part 1 the way they did so that they could target a larger audience for the origin story.

brainchild81
Good stuffOriginally posted by Madvillain
Wasn't dark at all. In fact, I'm a fan of dark films, and that's why Sin City is my favorite adaptation till date. Punisher 2 is just plain horrible.I loved SC too. Slow down yourself. Punisher 2 hasn't come out yet. What made this movie so bad?

Originally posted by Madvillain
Slow down buddy. The first Wolverine hasn't even come out yet. Yeah it did. It was called X-Mensmile

systemshock2
I had read that the original idea for Jigsaw in the sequel would be Howard's Saint son from the first movie. If you'll remember the Punisher left Saint's son with that grenade in his hand, and it went off offscreen. Well the idea is that the son survives, but he's so disfigured he becomes Jigsaw and sets off on a personal vendetta to kill the Punisher for killing his family and disfiguring him. I'm not sure if the movie producers are still going with this idea though.

I like the idea. It would tie both movies together nicely, which seems to be a popular trend in the Marvel movies.

jgiant
No way, i think they should stray away from any connection with the first, i do like the first alot, but i think that the second could really seem like a true punisher based movie, the first one strayed away from the true punisher origins.

AcousticDoc
"Man on Fire" With Denzel Washington was everything punisher should have been.

roughrider
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
"Man on Fire" With Denzel Washington was everything punisher should have been.
sick ...Tony Scott films...

SnakeEyes
Punisher is what I would consider an average comic film. Not that bad, but not super great either.

Personally, I liked it. I thought it was a fun, action-packed movie. His fight with the Russian was an excellent scene.

Now, for everyone who really thinks this film is bad, just remember that there are many more films that are much worse.

Such as:

- Fantastic Four
- Blade Trinity
- Elektra
- Catwoman
- X-men 3

roughrider
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Punisher is what I would consider an average comic film. Not that bad, but not super great either.

Personally, I liked it. I thought it was a fun, action-packed movie. His fight with the Russian was an excellent scene.

Now, for everyone who really thinks this film is bad, just remember that there are many more films that are much worse.

Such as:

- Fantastic Four
- Blade Trinity
- Elektra
- Catwoman
- X-men 3

Yet Fantastic Four and X-Men 3 were blockbuster hits. The others were not.

jgiant
Originally posted by roughrider
Yet Fantastic Four and X-Men 3 were blockbuster hits. The others were not. I wonder why, since the ones u mentioned are on the top 5 of most comic fans, and people who don't even read comics or know what a comic is know who the fantastic four and x-men are...

StarsNeverFall7
I give all of the comic movies credit. Some of them don't live up to our expectations, but then again how many of the general public really know anything in depth about comics, their stories, or the characters in them? They try to make the movies to please everyone, new comers to the comic "world" so to speak and give a little credit to the characters for the more die hard fans. Not at all them are great, but none have been too horrible either, IMO.

jgiant
The same guy who wrote the screenplay for Collateral and the 2 pirates of the carribian movies is writting the screenplay for the new Punisher.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by roughrider
Yet Fantastic Four and X-Men 3 were blockbuster hits. The others were not.

I'm not denying that they did well in theaters... but honestly, since when does that automatically make a movie good?

Those movies did well, but they sucked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.