saddest moment in a video game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kayne Archeron
mine would have to be Shadow Hearts II, when Yuri goes into his mind to sit with Alice on the train one last time... Aeris's death from FF7 doesn't even compare T_T

§noopy
Not in the unaltered retail version, but Atton's death in KOTOR II.

In one... Planescape: Torment's ending, or at least one of them. I forget which it's attached to, but the one where Annah cries.

Sado22
Kazuya's death scene from Tekken2. Practically stopped playing Tekken after that....it was only after i was told that Jin is Kazuya's son did i play Tekken 3.

Iori's defeat at the hands of Ash Crimson also compares. The coolest, most bad ass mofo bitched by a *** mad

brainchild81
Kotaro Fuma( the young ninja)'s death in Onimusha 2. sad

Gregory
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
mine would have to be Shadow Hearts II, when Yuri goes into his mind to sit with Alice on the train one last time

I might say that the failed ressurection tops that.

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by Gregory
I might say that the failed ressurection tops that.

yeah, that was pretty bad too T_T

pr1983
Originally posted by brainchild81
Kotaro Fuma( the young ninja)'s death in Onimusha 2. sad

I don't remember him dying...

leon and ada's stolen kiss in re:2, before she dies right there in his arms...

Howard_Jones
Grey Fox in MGS1

crazy_shadow
the saddest ending was when diablo dies on diablo2

SaTsuJiN
Yuna finding out at the very end that she couldnt be with tidus even though he prevented her death

brainchild81
Originally posted by pr1983
I don't remember him dying...I envy you sad Depending on who you give what and when you give it to them, there are many alternate paths in that game. Gives it a high replay value. One of theses paths has him showing up to help the last time you fight Gengemphatts. It doesn't end well. I still haven't completed 100% of Kotaro's story though. Perhaps there's one where he survives.

Howard_Jones
I envy you sad Depending on who you give what and when you give it to them, there are many alternate paths in that game. Gives it a high replay value. One of theses paths has him showing up to help the last time you fight Gengemphatts. It doesn't end well. I still haven't completed 100% of Kotaro's story though. Perhaps there's one where he survives.

There is.

Some of Dead Rising's endings are sad. The game kinda has a nihilistic feeling to it. Then there's the gluttony overtone....

crazy_shadow
ok for my serious post...there are 6 endings to silent hill 2. i choose the one thats labeled "sad ending" cuz he kills himself after he realizes he killed his own wife...

Dark_Psylocke
^^ Really? I only remember 5 endings so far.

To me, the saddest moment in a videogame is Aerith's death in FFVII. It really made me cry, and I can't seriously remember ever missing a character so much before.

Although the scene after Vergil and Dante's showdown in Devil May Cry 3 is also very sad imo.

IceJaw
Hmmm, well I felt some tears run down my cheeks when Tidus died but that was mostly cuz I felt sad for Yuna. (FFX)

Yeah, the ending in DMC3 is pretty sad.

When Dante finds out that he fought and killed Vergil in DMC1.

BackFire
Cyan's family being killed in FFVI.

In fact, all the real emotional moments I can remember from a video game are from the FF series. The one Sats mentioned above is definitely up there, as is the obvious FFVII one, which I won't bother mentioning, because just by me mentioning the title in this thread gives away what scene I'm referring too.

kamikz
Hmm, some of my saddest...

Tidus and Yuna at the end of FFX!
Seeing Snake put a gun in his mouth in the trailer for MGS 4! (Practically everything he talks about is sad as wellsad )
Well, although I never got to feel anything real special for the hero (I completed the game to fast and all), Shadows of the Colossus had a sad ending.

ESB -1138
Spoiler warning!!!

Sonic being killed as he walks with the princess

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by BackFire
Cyan's family being killed in FFVI.

In fact, all the real emotional moments I can remember from a video game are from the FF series. The one Sats mentioned above is definitely up there, as is the obvious FFVII one, which I won't bother mentioning, because just by me mentioning the title in this thread gives away what scene I'm referring too.

wow, that Cyan part i honestly thought topped Aeris's death by so many levels... but that's because i'm a bigger advocate of CloudxTifa than CloudxAeris

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Dark_Psylocke
^^ Really? I only remember 5 endings so far.

To me, the saddest moment in a videogame is Aerith's death in FFVII. It really made me cry, and I can't seriously remember ever missing a character so much before.

Although the scene after Vergil and Dante's showdown in Devil May Cry 3 is also very sad imo. well 5 or six, its been awhile

J-Beowulf
Echo 4-19 going down in Halo 1

Though I haven't really played many games, that's certainly up there. When that first happened I was like...

NOOOOOOOO!

Kayne Archeron
the one part in DMC that could've been sad to me had to be ruined by Dante's voice actor's voice cracking

"why couldn't i be the one to fill your dark soul with LIEEGHGHGT"

pr1983
I envy you sad Depending on who you give what and when you give it to them, there are many alternate paths in that game. Gives it a high replay value. One of theses paths has him showing up to help the last time you fight Gengemphatts. It doesn't end well. I still haven't completed 100% of Kotaro's story though. Perhaps there's one where he survives.

He didnt die in mine... although i was never big into using kotaro, i always had oyu and the the gun guy, cant think of his name...

Mesirus
Ohh this is so easy a hands down answer.

Don't read unless you know the plot of FF7, it is a MAJOR spoiler if you haven't

The saddest moment in any game that i have heard of, play or seen Aeris death in final fantasy 7, it was the most shocking and upsetting moment any game has ever produced, by a milestone, none of the above even come close in my opinion

Superboy Prime
FFX's ending made me drop a tear. FFX-2 ruined it. I hate Charlie's Angels meet FF. ARGh

JToTheP
Silent Hill 2, majority of the game, fellow players know, blows away Aeris's death and most games I've played.

JToTheP
Originally posted by K73SK
ok for my serious post...there are 6 endings to silent hill 2. i choose the one thats labeled "sad ending" cuz he kills himself after he realizes he killed his own wife...

In the beginning of Silent Hill 4 you can examine a picture above the couch in the living room and it says the super of the apartments (forgot his name) James' Father lost James and Mary in Silent Hill, so it seems to be the TRUE ending of 2.

pr1983
I didn't know all that... dang... silent hill 2 was an awesome game, but i dont think it was that sad until the end...

JToTheP
I didn't know all that... dang... silent hill 2 was an awesome game, but i dont think it was that sad until the end...

Have you been to:

www.translatedmemories.com

Have you looked into the creatures, why most are female, or female body parts, Pyramid Head's meaning, Maria actually being a real person at one time? It all adds up to be the best Silent Hill game, and one of the greatest games ever made IMO.

pr1983
i've never seen that, but i'll definately give it a look, silent hill 2 is awesome...

JToTheP
It's really the best Silent Hill .com I've ever seen with it's own principals.

systemshock2
This is from a while ago but when I was younger the scene in Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of time when the giant old tree dies was pretty sad. Looking back I liked how the game played into it too. You go inside the tree, kill that huge spider-monster, then when you think things are alright and you're outside the old tree he tells you it's his time to go.

Lana
Ending of FFX. Yes, I cried. I don't like Yuna or Tidus that much, but still, it was very sad.

Also, the flashback scenes in FFX-2, with Lenne and Shuyin.

Howard_Jones
The end of Shadow of Colossus.

Tek888
when link gave the final blow to ganon in ww... it was not sad, but it made me feel uncomfortable... my adventure was finished...

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by Lana
Ending of FFX. Yes, I cried. I don't like Yuna or Tidus that much, but still, it was very sad.

Also, the flashback scenes in FFX-2, with Lenne and Shuyin.

i thought it was pretty sad in the midts of the chaos when Tidus is told Yuna has to sacrifice herself for the final summon

FeceMan
Hey, guys? How 'bout some spoiler tags.

I laughed my ass off when Aeris bit the dust.

Not really. It had no effect on me. By that point in the game, I was ready to finish up the game. And, cripes, the story actually gets good (then FUBARed, but still entertaining) and then there are only a few hours left of the game.

The first 75% of Disc 1 is really bad, especially after playing through it for the third time. After that, it's smooth sailing up until the Caves of Anal Penetration where you have to fight retarded stuff sans save point (unless you want to waste the special one).

Kenshinswife
Um well if any you guyz played dynasty warriors 5 Dia Chan ending is pretty sad. With Lu Bu limping back in from war and he falls in her arms (note that he is like 6'5 and her like 5"4) and you think he survives and the camera turns at an angle and you see all the arrows in his back. It made me so sad that the mighty Lu Bu was taken out in an ambush. Also ffx made me ball, omg i felt like i lost the game because i still didnt end up with him after all my sacrafices for spira. And omg sonic gets killed!! Now i must play de game.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Lana

Also, the flashback scenes in FFX-2, with Lenne and Shuyin. OH YES!!

I did actually shed some tears when Yuna was Performing "1000 Words" and they showed the flash backs of Lenne and Shuyin. There that one scene they showed that always got me.

And since I actually liked that cutscene and the song and the performance a lot, I watched it quite a few times and it took me a while to become immune to it where I was able to hold back my tears until I just didn't feel the need to cry anymore. That's how much I watched it. But yeah, it was sad.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Superboy Prime
Are you serious?

Phat J
Originally posted by JToTheP
Have you been to:

www.translatedmemories.com

Have you looked into the creatures, why most are female, or female body parts, Pyramid Head's meaning, Maria actually being a real person at one time? It all adds up to be the best Silent Hill game, and one of the greatest games ever made IMO.
you should play the suffering then, a similar thing happens. up until the end it was just a good game, but the twist made it one of my favourites.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Are you serious? No, I posted all of that b/c my fingers needed the exercise. no expression

Phat J
lol gaaay stick out tongue

InnerRise
Originally posted by Phat J
lol gaaay stick out tongue I'm just sensitive. blush

Women like that. blush2

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by InnerRise
No, I posted all of that b/c my fingers needed the exercise. no expression

Why not just masturbate?

Phat J
Originally posted by InnerRise
I'm just sensitive. blush

Women like that. blush2

dont you mean big gay men like that lol?

InnerRise
Why not just masturbate? B/c I only use worms on a hook. mhm

dont you mean big gay men like that lol?
Yeah, those too. So how I could I go wrong.? shrugThey don't have to be big by the way. doped

Blaxican
I laughed when Aerith died to. I hated her...

Saddest death for me.. hm... When Fenix died the second time in Starcraft 2, as well as Tassadar sacrificing himself.

The end of GOW. I put like 30 hours into that game just for it to end in such an anti-climactic way...

In KH: II when the game finally ends, I actually cried just because I didn't want it to end.

When Halo 2 ended. God what a horrible story line.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Blaxican
I laughed when Aerith died to. I hated her...

Saddest death for me.. hm... When Fenix died the second time in Starcraft 2, as well as Tassadar sacrificing himself.

The end of GOW. I put like 30 hours into that game just for it to end in such an anti-climactic way...

In KH: II when the game finally ends, I actually cried just because I didn't want it to end.

When Halo 2 ended. God what a horrible story line.

I was about to direct an onslaught of anger towards you when I saw you criticize GOW's ending...but then I saw Halo 2 in the end of your post and all was forgotten. Now THAT was anti-climatic. I wanted to shoot people afterwards...thank god for Live.

Superboy Prime
I mean I'm not saying GOW's ending was good, but at least it was decent when compared to Bungie's stunt.

"Yes lets finish the fight!" -- Credits -- "WTF!?"

InnerRise
Let's not double post please.

And I don't know what game ended in the way that you posted above, but it does sound VERY SAD.

Blaxican
single posts are for nerds.

And yeah, thats the ending of halo 2. master Chief arrievs in like a ship, is asked by control what he's doing (Or something like that) and he says

"Finishing this fight". Then the game ends. Obviously an opening for halo 3, but still...

And I'm sorry, but I just didn't find GOW's ending to be all that good. It left WAYYYY too many things unanswered, which sets it up for GOW 2.

if it makes you feel any better, it is by far my favourite game on the 360.

InnerRise
Well I guess you're a nerd then. tongue

Yeah, that does seem like a lackluster ending. erm

GOW??? huh

Blaxican
Gears of War

InnerRise
I was thinking that, but then I saw the poster say above he put 30 hours into it.

And the game is hardly 10 hours long so I figured it was another game he was referring to.

Blaxican
Well it was only 30 hiurs because i was playing it on Insane with a partner on LIVE, and he kept dying stick out tongue

JToTheP
you should play the suffering then, a similar thing happens. up until the end it was just a good game, but the twist made it one of my favourites.

I did, it wasn't scary at all and the game play itself was boring as hell. Midway should stick to Mortal Kombat.

WrathfulDwarf
Ada Wong's apperant death in RE2.

K73SK
Gears of War why?

Blaxican
The ending was sad because of how crappy it was.

K73SK
The ending was sad because of how crappy it was. i loved the ending, my fav part of the game...it's the only reason i actually want to beat it over n over, seing all those locusts burn from the bombs and everything...then the queen says the war's not over.., WOOO

Infinity
final fantasy 7-when aeris dies.
final fantasy 10-tidus fades away and yuna cannot be with him
metal gear solid-grey foxs' death(too sad and too deep)
and on top of the list is..

METAL GEAR SNAKE EATER-the boss died for her country and that her name will go down in history as a traitor to the united states who defected to the soviet union. its just too touching and makes even the toughest man cry his eyes out..

JToTheP
Originally posted by Infinity

metal gear solid-grey foxs' death(too sad and too deep)
and on top of the list is..

METAL GEAR SNAKE EATER-the boss died for her country and that her name will go down in history as a traitor to the united states who defected to the soviet union. its just too touching and makes even the toughest man cry his eyes out..

Snake Eater, one of the greatest storylines ever. I accidently hit Circle and screamed "NO! ****!" when Snake shot The Boss. I did NOT want to do it at all.

The Boss>Big Boss>Snake>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Raiden

JToTheP
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Ada Wong's apperant death in RE2.

apparent in what way? Did you never play Leon B or RE4?

stuwienl
End of Shadow Of The Colossus.
I also felt empty when I finished Burnout 3.

Blaxican
Originally posted by Infinity
its just too touching and makes even the toughest man cry his eyes out..

I didn't cry. no expression

But yeah, I felt bad when she died.

K73SK
I didn't cry. no expression

But yeah, I felt bad when she died.
i didnt eek!

Blaxican
I admit. I felt good every time I threw her to the ground and laid C-4 on her stomach, then detonated it

JToTheP
Blaxican, K73SK, I bet you didn't even fully understand that The Boss wasn't the REAL enemy, it was Eva. She is a Chinese Spy. Read the GameFAQs plot spoiler. She's a double agent whore.

And if you have no sympathy for an ACTUAL WOMAN, I guess you cried when Raiden's queer ass was whining to Rose for 10 ****in hours, the garbage they call MGS2.

trolly_crouchjr
When Snake had to shoot sniper wolf...feeling quite sorry for Otacon...when Emma died

kamikz
The real enemy wasn't EVA, it was Volgin and the Shagohood! EVA, although doubble crossing, was an ally for most of the game!

And common, it's a game, you don't have to feel sympathy for anyone and be a bad person really. That's like saying that if you don't feel for the guards you shoot in MGS you are a heartless bastard!

Raiden was a way better character than most in MG, and there are alot of good characters there! I think they delivered him perfectly, they didn't actually want him badass or something like that, they showed someone new to the battlefield, and they did it well. MGS 2 rules!

trolly_crouchjr
When i shoot the gaurds...i do it cus they pee on Raiden

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by kamikz
The real enemy wasn't EVA, it was Volgin and the Shagohood! EVA, although doubble crossing, was an ally for most of the game!

And common, it's a game, you don't have to feel sympathy for anyone and be a bad person really. That's like saying that if you don't feel for the guards you shoot in MGS you are a heartless bastard!

Raiden was a way better character than most in MG, and there are alot of good characters there! I think they delivered him perfectly, they didn't actually want him badass or something like that, they showed someone new to the battlefield, and they did it well. MGS 2 rules!

Sad thing is he wasn't really new to the battlefield. Chances are he might have seen more battles than even Snake. I disliked Raiden at first, then he grew on me, but I think they could've made the whole thing better. I do admit it was brilliant to have Raiden showcase the same emotions as the gamer--ignorant, naive, etc.--however I find it hard to believe someone who's been fighting since he was a kid would react the way he did in the beginning of Sons of Liberty. He goes from Wuss to total badass extraordinare in less than 30 seconds. Meh.

Kayne Archeron
as far as MGS games go, i think one of the best scenes is when Big Boss is walking out of the president's office and everyone is clapping for him, but all the world around B.B. slows down and you just get a good look at his face and you can see how disgusted he is with the ways of the world...

Mywi

Blaxican
Blaxican, K73SK, I bet you didn't even fully understand that The Boss wasn't the REAL enemy, it was Eva. She is a Chinese Spy. Read the GameFAQs plot spoiler. She's a double agent whore.

And if you have no sympathy for an ACTUAL WOMAN, I guess you cried when Raiden's queer ass was whining to Rose for 10 ****in hours, the garbage they call MGS2.

I beat the damn game. I know what happened.

JToTheP

Eva was a two-timing whore of a double agent, plain and true, ally or not she was after nothing but the Philosopher's Legacy, and kissed Big Boss at the end knowing it would knock him unconcious. Now a more interesting fact would be a kid popped up in Portable Ops, since it was the 60's, I doubt condoms were priority or even arond.

It may be a game, but it's brought to life by voice-actors giving it a second level of realness, when the characters feel pain or anger the voice actor expresses it. So you saying that was pointless.

That's also why you don't kill every guard you see in Metal Gear unless you're ****in around? I also try to take every boss out by stamina meter on my second, or third runs through the game, so I can try for 0 kills, minus Volgin.

The Boss died for her country, and got her wish: That snake/Big Boss would surpass her.

Volgin was a fool and oblovious that The Boss would double-cross him.

The Shagohod is a ****in machine, that HAS to be controlled by someone, HOW could it be the enemy?

See, by saying Raiden is much better is ignorant, he was a whiney pretty boy, and put a damper on the view of nice guys in video games.

JToTheP
as far as MGS games go, i think one of the best scenes is when Big Boss is walking out of the president's office and everyone is clapping for him, but all the world around B.B. slows down and you just get a good look at his face and you can see how disgusted he is with the ways of the world...

Ideally he's disgusted with the US government for sending The Boss on a mission to die.

Blaxican
Eva was a two-timing whore of a double agent, plain and true, ally or not she was after nothing but the Philosopher's Legacy, and kissed Big Boss at the end knowing it would knock him unconcious. Now a more interesting fact would be a kid popped up in Portable Ops, since it was the 60's, I doubt condoms were priority or even arond.

It may be a game, but it's brought to life by voice-actors giving it a second level of realness, when the characters feel pain or anger the voice actor expresses it. So you saying that was pointless.

That's also why you don't kill every guard you see in Metal Gear unless you're ****in around? I also try to take every boss out by stamina meter on my second, or third runs through the game, so I can try for 0 kills, minus Volgin.

See, by saying Raiden is much better is ignorant, he was a whiney pretty boy, and put a damper on the view of nice guys in video games.

Please, stop forcing your opinions on us and trying to make them fact.

It's a god damn video game, of COURSE you don't have to feel bad if someone dies. I didn't even LIKE Snakes voice over in the first place...

And stop saying "Thats why YOU", please. Next time say "Thats why I". Not everyone is obviously sensitive liek you are. Me, and both my friends, went out of our way to kill the gaurds, then we played around with their dead bodies for awhile, either by shooting them in different areas, or planting C4 on them.

And this last part, is just your opinion. I know a lot of people who also think Raiden is better. Your being ignorent for calling someone ignorent just because they don't have the same ideals as you.

kamikz
Sad thing is he wasn't really new to the battlefield. Chances are he might have seen more battles than even Snake. I disliked Raiden at first, then he grew on me, but I think they could've made the whole thing better. I do admit it was brilliant to have Raiden showcase the same emotions as the gamer--ignorant, naive, etc.--however I find it hard to believe someone who's been fighting since he was a kid would react the way he did in the beginning of Sons of Liberty. He goes from Wuss to total badass extraordinare in less than 30 seconds. Meh.

Yeah, I know, but the plan was to fool the player that he was new, a rookie, his first mission, I didn't really belive. stick out tongue

kamikz

The Boss died for her country, and got her wish: That snake/Big Boss would surpass her.

Volgin was a fool and oblovious that The Boss would double-cross him.

The Shagohod is a ****in machine, that HAS to be controlled by someone, HOW could it be the enemy?

Blax is right, that's what YOU do, not me! And LOL! The game is ****ing called Metal Gear Solid because the Metal Gear's are the threats! The Shagohood is the same as the Metal Gear, same idea at least! Volgin is the one behind the threat, all the game is about destroying it and Volgin, EVA is by no means the REAL enemy, damn the philosophers legacy was never in Snake's original mission!

And no, I never said Raiden was a better character than her, I said he was better than MOST! And he was delivered well, as he was supposed to be, I think he's good!
I don't see how everyone only sees him as a whiny pretty boy? He questions why he is sent out on this mission, why they kill people just to SUPPORT his inflitration, and that he cannot trust anyone. I would see most people cry or give up in that situation!

JToTheP
Blax is right, that's what YOU do, not me! And LOL! The game is ****ing called Metal Gear Solid because the Metal Gear's are the threats! The Shagohood is the same as the Metal Gear, same idea at least! Volgin is the one behind the threat, all the game is about destroying it and Volgin, EVA is by no means the REAL enemy, damn the philosophers legacy was never in Snake's original mission!

And no, I never said Raiden was a better character than her, I said he was better than MOST! And he was delivered well, as he was supposed to be, I think he's good!
I don't see how everyone only sees him as a whiny pretty boy? He questions why he is sent out on this mission, why they kill people just to SUPPORT his inflitration, and that he cannot trust anyone. I would see most people cry or give up in that situation!

Just because the philosopher's legacy wasn't in snake's mission doesn't mean he didn't have it at the end, smartass.

If you're so confident in you're being correct, why don't you go to the gamefaqs Plot Analysis which has been my reference for the past year.

Raiden was delivered like shit, just like how MGS2's plot was executed. Maybe because he LOOKS like a woman, minus the breasts? If I wanted to hear an emotional person, I'd of ASKED for one, if I want someone to do Tactical Espionage I'll ask for someone to do it correctly like Big Boss or Snake.

Hell, if I want to play as an emotional person, I'll play The Sims where I expect as such.

Raiden is going to become overrated by the time MGS4 comes out due to his slew of fanboys.

kamikz
EVA was by no means the REAL enemy, she was just an enemy like everyone else, nothing indicates she was more of an enemy than Volgin, she was not, Volgin posed a threat that would end the cold war and start a new world war, EVA threatened to take the philosophers legacy to China, you do the math!

And for **** sake, can't you ever bare with change? Does sneaking suddenly have to mean there is no room for emotions? WTF, this is the most illogical thing I've heard, if you don't want emotions then WTF are you bitching about when judging Blax for not caring about the Boss? Raiden was supposed to be seen as new to the battlefield, AND HE WAS! If you ask most hardcore MGS fans (MGS TUS) then they will say MGS 2 had the best plot line, and that Raiden was a good character indeed. It is YOUR goddamn opinion if you hate him, but don't say he was delivered bad, and was a bad character, because frankly, nothing aims towards that, he was delivered as he was supposed to be......

And I'll repeat, why does every main character have to be badass and all that? Raiden was supposed to be a "beautiful man", being someone that women can relate to as well when playing MGS 2. Stop whining about that!

Superboy Prime
Wow. Too much Raiden hatred. I read the GameFAQs plot analysis. It was a fun and interesting read. I side with Kamikz here. Raiden was something new kojima wanted to try. Japanese are into gay homosexual crap, so he gave Japanese gay homosexual protagonists. Look at the X-box...we're the US we mean nothing to them. Besides Snake(or some variation of him AKA Big Boss) is once again the protagonist of every Metal Gear game out there, why still hate on Raiden? I find it cool that this time around Raiden will be lending Snake a hand just like Snake did in Sons of Liberty. He could use the ****ing help, don't you think?

JToTheP
EVA was by no means the REAL enemy, she was just an enemy like everyone else, nothing indicates she was more of an enemy than Volgin, she was not, Volgin posed a threat that would end the cold war and start a new world war, EVA threatened to take the philosophers legacy to China, you do the math!

And for **** sake, can't you ever bare with change? Does sneaking suddenly have to mean there is no room for emotions? WTF, this is the most illogical thing I've heard, if you don't want emotions then WTF are you bitching about when judging Blax for not caring about the Boss? Raiden was supposed to be seen as new to the battlefield, AND HE WAS! If you ask most hardcore MGS fans (MGS TUS) then they will say MGS 2 had the best plot line, and that Raiden was a good character indeed. It is YOUR goddamn opinion if you hate him, but don't say he was delivered bad, and was a bad character, because frankly, nothing aims towards that, he was delivered as he was supposed to be......

And I'll repeat, why does every main character have to be badass and all that? Raiden was supposed to be a "beautiful man", being someone that women can relate to as well when playing MGS 2. Stop whining about that!

I already said she was a double agent, she was an agent for China, as explains the gamefaqs Plot Analysis.

Who the hell is Blax? And if I didn't care about emotion, I wouldn't think MGS3 is the best entry in the series.

I don't care what most hardcore MGS fans say, of course they say 2 is the best in the series, FF fanboys/girls also say 7 is the best entry in that series and that is bullshit too. IN.MY.OPINION.BETTER ADD THAT!

If it's my OPINION that I hate him, PART of my OPINION can be that he was a bad character and delivered like shit. Why don't you think about that?

Wow. Too much Raiden hatred. I read the GameFAQs plot analysis. It was a fun and interesting read. I side with Kamikz here. Raiden was something new kojima wanted to try. Japanese are into gay homosexual crap, so he gave Japanese gay homosexual protagonists. Look at the X-box...we're the US we mean nothing to them. Besides Snake(or some variation of him AKA Big Boss) is once again the protagonist of every Metal Gear game out there, why still hate on Raiden? I find it cool that this time around Raiden will be lending Snake a hand just like Snake did in Sons of Liberty. He could use the ****ing help, don't you think?

They are trying to make Raiden like GrayFox, which is a terrible mistake, they are just trying to expand Raiden's uniqueness further. He was a new, EMOTIONAL girly man in 2, and now he thinks he's Grayfox.

Blaxican
I already said she was a double agent, she was an agent for China, as explains the gamefaqs Plot Analysis.

Who the hell is Blax? And if I didn't care about emotion, I wouldn't think MGS3 is the best entry in the series.

I don't care what most hardcore MGS fans say, of course they say 2 is the best in the series, FF fanboys/girls also say 7 is the best entry in that series and that is bullshit too. IN.MY.OPINION.BETTER ADD THAT!

If it's my OPINION that I hate him, PART of my OPINION can be that he was a bad character and delivered like shit. Why don't you think about that?

I'm Blax, and if IT'S,YOUR.OPINION. then SAY SO, dont try to pass it off as fact and common knowledge. A lot of people don't agree with you on this forum, obviously. So cut it out.

kamikz

They are trying to make Raiden like GrayFox, which is a terrible mistake, they are just trying to expand Raiden's uniqueness further. He was a new, EMOTIONAL girly man in 2, and now he thinks he's Grayfox.

Blax is totally right, you spell it out like it's common knowledge that Raiden sucks, when Blax said he didn't care about the Boss you go throw stuff out like "I bet you were bla bla bla when Raiden balblabla" like everyone would think he is an *******!

And you didn't answere to any of the posts point, so your out!

MadMel
STEEEERIKE 3!!!!

Mesirus
By no means the saddest, but when the Deku tree dies in Zelda Ocarina of Time is a bit sad, mind you have to question the richness of his life anyway

JToTheP
Blax is totally right, you spell it out like it's common knowledge that Raiden sucks, when Blax said he didn't care about the Boss you go throw stuff out like "I bet you were bla bla bla when Raiden balblabla" like everyone would think he is an *******!

And you didn't answere to any of the posts point, so your out!

Because that was mature and made any sense what so ever.

So considering all you did was ramble like a child, I think this debate is over.

kamikz
???????? Yes, more mature then trying to say what other people should think!

Actually, since you couldn't refute a single point anyway and only dragged up irrelevant answeres, this debate is over!

JToTheP
Wow, you're just a bit foolish. Once again, it's ANSWERS.

Anyway to the thread: The ending of Resident Evil 3 was pretty surprising and sad, launching a ****in atomic bomb on the city was pretty crazy to me. Though, it had to be done.

Lana
WTF is this shit? Cut it out, shut up, and stick to the topic. This entire THREAD is based on people's opinions so I wouldn't think someone should have to say "in my opinion" after every post.

kamikz
Sorry Lana!

I know you don't have to spell out your opinion with words here, but flaming someone for stating theirs and calling it wrong ain't exactly stating his opinion, or at least that's what it seemed like, and that made it hard to define what actually was his opinion, since he seemed to tell everyone how things were! But I'm no better, so I'll stop here! Sorry JToTheP....

On topic, I get sad watching the trailer on MGS 4, that'll probably be the most emotional MGS game yet!

Superboy Prime
!!...I want to say it's my opinion and there's nothing you can do about it! HAH!

Besides I think it's important to state wheather it's an opinion or a fact what people are talking about. Some tend to state their opinions as if they were facts.

Kayne Archeron
i have to agree with JToTheP on the EVA point though, the Philosophers or in america, the Patriots have much more power over the world than Volgin did. if Volgin got in their way, the Philosophers could've easily had him dispatched

JToTheP
i have to agree with JToTheP on the EVA point though, the Philosophers or in america, the Patriots have much more power over the world than Volgin did. if Volgin got in their way, the Philosophers could've easily had him dispatched

Is there any proof that the La-Le-Lu-La-Lo (it's been ages since I played 2 so work with me) is the Patriots, or are they another group?

Howard_Jones
Is there any proof that the La-Le-Lu-La-Lo (it's been ages since I played 2 so work with me) is the Patriots, or are they another group?

Same group. Sometime during the Big Shell incident they say both of them, and the Colonel that Ocelot kills acknoledges them as one and the same.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Same group. Sometime during the Big Shell incident they say both of them, and the Colonel that Ocelot kills acknoledges them as one and the same.

Ohhh alright, interesting.

I also want to see a plot analysis of MGS:Portable Ops, since I lack a PSP.

brainchild81
He didnt die in mine... although i was never big into using kotaro, i always had oyu and the the gun guy, cant think of his name... Here it is. Sad sh*t!

AsbestosFlaygon
LlCGPCHvCj8

MOTHER 3 ending.

Only heartless people wouldn't cry.

This game was an emotionally draining experience..

I never felt so much anger on a video game character (Porky Minch, that bastard) and so much sadness ever.. hopefully never will.

-Pr-
Recently? At the end of Dragon Age if you get one of the Morrigan endings. She spends one last night with you, gets pregnant, and then leaves! All that effort in to getting her to like you, and that happens. I was so annoyed.

Weltall
Aerith's death.

SaTsuJiN
I never played this game at all.. but it does seem like a very sad scene

HomeWorld - Kharak
aJvYZXUT5Bk

Sin_Volvagia
End of Metal Gear Solid 4. Almost cried.

BACKFIRE: Edited for stupidity.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Solid Snake's death in Metal Gear Solid 4. Almost cried.

But then I found out he was still alive along with Big Boss.

dude? spoilers? sad

BackFire
The end of Half Life 2 - Episode 2 is probably the saddest thing I've yet seen in a video game.

Also the ending of Bioshock, while not entirely sad, is incredibly moving.

Hell Lancer
Also edited for stupidity.

SaTsuJiN
The end of Half Life 2 - Episode 2 is probably the saddest thing I've yet seen in a video game. You mean the moment between alex and her father?.. I just didnt feel too much (or as much as I think I should have) because I think the voice actor needed to deliver a little bit more than what she did, IMO.. but I did really feel the impact of the scene

and gawd @ the lack of spoiler up in here.. thx BF

Weltall
The ending to MGS3 was pretty damn sad.

BoratBorat
The end of Half Life 2 - Episode 2 is probably the saddest thing I've yet seen in a video game.

Also the ending of Bioshock, while not entirely sad, is incredibly moving.

Good or bad ending for bioshock?

The saddest moment for me is when the game i love playing stops working halfway...

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by -Pr-
dude? spoilers? sad

Sorry about that; I forgot to throw in spoiler tags. And please edit your post as well.

Quoting a spoiler is just as bad as what I just did.

@Backfire: That insult was uncalled for. You also missed another MGS4 spoiler which is right below your last post.

BackFire
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Sorry about that; I forgot to throw in spoiler tags. And please edit your post as well.

Quoting a spoiler is just as bad as what I just did.

@Backfire: That insult was uncalled for. You also missed another MGS4 spoiler which is right below your last post.

I didn't 'miss' it. It wasn't there last time I looked in this thread.

-Pr-
it was my post, so my bad for quoting him...

and i had actually planned on getting a ps3 and and finally playing mgs 4...

ArtificialGlory
Am I the only person who isn't really bothered by spoilers? Sure, I won't go and read the ending of a game I'm playing because I can, but I won't really mind if someone (un)intentionally spoils it on forums or whatever. There's still a bunch of gameplay and storyline from here to there.

On-topic: the saddest moment in gaming for me was when playing WoW, my video card died and took the whole damn motherboard along with it. Words cannot describe the anguish and despair I felt that day.

Darth Jello
Popping in the X-Files: Resist or Serve and realizing that I spent $11 on it...

§P0oONY
Probably the ending to FFX

Nemesis X
I felt kinda sad nuking Megaton in Fallout 3...But I soon got over it and started slaying everyone in Underworld just for fun.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Am I the only person who isn't really bothered by spoilers? Sure, I won't go and read the ending of a game I'm playing because I can, but I won't really mind if someone (un)intentionally spoils it on forums or whatever. There's still a bunch of gameplay and storyline from here to there.

On-topic: the saddest moment in gaming for me was when playing WoW, my video card died and took the whole damn motherboard along with it. Words cannot describe the anguish and despair I felt that day.

ocd + spoilers = torment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.