Hulk and Solomon Grundy...KICKING EVERYONE'S ASS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzVsIivjqhc&mode=related&search=#

Check out the sweet wrestling move Solomon does on Superman.

Priest
Originally posted by long pig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzVsIivjqhc&mode=related&search=#

Check out the sweet wrestling move Solomon does on Superman.
that was sweet!

Swanky-Tuna
That music was terrible. And the best parts will always be Hulk choking Hank out and wanging Thor in the face with his own hammer.

DigiMark007
Picking up Mjolnir = crap writing.

But yeah, cool stuff otherwise.

Jimmy Buggs
When is hulk going to come back?

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007

But yeah, cool stuff otherwise.

It's ultimate.

The universe in which Thor isn't really a god, just a psychotic with some nifty gadgets. :-P.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Soljer
It's ultimate.

The universe in which Thor isn't really a god, just a psychotic with some nifty gadgets. :-P.

Erm, did you read that story arc? He's really a god in Ultimate too. They just thought he was crazy.

NiņoAraņa
great vid.....Grundy pulling a suplex on Sups=priceless

Innerhype
Erm, did you read that story arc? He's really a god in Ultimate too. They just thought he was crazy.

It was awesome how Loki in all his mischievousness had the Ultimates (and the readers) questioning Thor's godhood. Though I still can't shake the feeling entirely for some reason... confused

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Innerhype
It was awesome how Loki in all his mischievousness had the Ultimates (and the readers) questioning Thor's godhood. Though I still can't shake the feeling entirely for some reason... confused

Is that photoshop done or an actual DVD?

Innerhype
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Is that photoshop done or an actual DVD?

Actual DVD.

Set to come out January 23rd, 2007.

cool

Soljer

Ermm..it was a joke. no expression

Perhaps not a very good one, erm.

long pig
Dude, Solomon Grundy is the shit.

He's Hulk x2. He was Hulk 20 years before Hulk was ever even thought of.

Solomon is the shit!

Swanky-Tuna
Wasn't it though? The fact that he only did it so he could zing Thor right in the face with it made it worth my while.

Originally posted by long pig
Dude, Solomon Grundy is the shit.

He's Hulk x2. He was Hulk 20 years before Hulk was ever even thought of.

Solomon is the shit!
I like Grundy, he captured my heart in Starman v2, but he has nothing in common with Hulk other than he's stupid, strong, and has trouble maintaining pants.

jumpmann
I thought it was a nice moment. It showed that the hammer had some mystical enhancements preventing anyone to pick it up but Hulk's ridiculous strength level overcame it.

And Grundy should never touch Superman lol that's bad writing!

kenobi
Originally posted by jumpmann
I thought it was a nice moment. It showed that the hammer had some mystical enhancements preventing anyone to pick it up but Hulk's ridiculous strength level overcame it.

And Grundy should never touch Superman lol that's bad writing! That is bull. Superman always needs somebody who can match him strength for strength or else he sucks worse than he already does. Now Supergirl had the best of Grundy. When will the Supersuck ever end.

long pig
Originally posted by jumpmann

And Grundy should never touch Superman lol that's bad writing!
Nah, it just depends on which Grundy he fights. Each Grundy has different powers and such.

One Grundy was said to be 10x stronger than Superman and could fly, another Grundy could control plantlife and another Grundy got beat up by Batman.

StarsNeverFall7
Is the DVD a crossover, or is it two seperate ones?

roughrider
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
That music was terrible. And the best parts will always be Hulk choking Hank out and wanging Thor in the face with his own hammer.

Picking up the hammer is something they still haven't explained. Either it can be picked up or it can't - why is he struggling? I know things are still vaguely defined in Ultimateverse, but hell it's just a cartoon, not canon (it looks like everyone has superhuman durability.)

I didn't realize how much respect Grundy was getting in the JL cartoon - he's a tougher opponent than Darkseid, the way they depict him. big grin

Murda Ma$e
The Ultimate Avengers is a mix of the two universes and isn't canon with the comics.

In the Ultimate U I think I remember them being able to pick up his hammer after Quicksilver stripped him.

roughrider
Originally posted by Murda Ma$e
The Ultimate Avengers is a mix of the two universes and isn't canon with the comics.

In the Ultimate U I think I remember them being able to pick up his hammer after Quicksilver stripped him.

Yes, that's right. We'll see if that was a temporary test put on Thor by Odin - making him seemingly powerless without his belt. And someone was holding the hammer afterwards. Now that Thor has returned to Earth to fight Loki openly, we'll see his full might, I'll bet.

Interesting that Solomon Grundy was co-created by famed sci-fi author Alfred Bester ( 'The Stars My Destination'), way back in 1944 according to Wikipedia.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.