Less Jack/Johnny in AWE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alina
I'm beginning to wonder how much we'll see of the dear capt in AWE.
Personally, I thought there wasn't enough Jack in DMC, and WAY to much Will and TFD....Now I'm thinking that Jack will the one with less screen-time mad in AWE
It has been stated that AWE will be "Will's movie" sick and since Jack is dead we have to sit through the whole "rescue-mission" without him. I'm guessing we won't see him until about 30-40 minutes into the film and frankly that would annoy the crap outta me....They have said that they wouldn't turn it into the "Jack Sparrow Show," but they have no problem turning it into the "Will ****ing Turner Show"cursing

Am I the only one who feels this way??

Pirates life fo
Oh dont worry I am certain that Johnny will have plenty of screen time.

katelovespirate
we can look at this in the form of a simple pie graph. Will brings in the teenage girl audience, Keira brings in the adolescent-college male audience plus the little girls, and Jack brings in everyone else.

methinks Jack will be given adequate time to "bring in everyone else".
wink

lovethemtigers
Ted and Terry and Gore aren't that stupid...they know Jack Sparrow/Johhny Depp is the money of the movie..no way would they give him less screen time....if I had my way he'd be in every scene....but I know that's not possible....oh how I love Jack Sparrow....I watch POTC last night...he is so funny and awesome....favorite scenes from pOTC were the rescue scene, the apple eating scene, the island with Jack and Liz...the Peas in a Pod deleted scene....the sword fight between Jack and Will....well, everything I guess....I ususally fast forward through the scene where the Dauntless is attacked by the skeletons...

Mistypirate
I don't believe there's going to be a lack of Jack Sparrow in the next movie.

a-k-a-amber
Johnny/Jack is the PIRATE in pirates of the carribean they aint gunna give him less time maybe they'll give him like lovethemtigers said they aint that stupid

johnnyforever
oh true! but they might make the movie longer. DMC was about 2hrs, 46min. so they might make it around 3hrs!! eek! so maybe it's a good thing!!

evilm0nki3
Yeah I was thinking it would be like 3 hours cause they have sooo much to do!!!

johnnyforever
yeah. they have to sail to worlds end, find jack, have lots of battles and swordfights, and decide on a J/E or W/E ending. and it doesn't sound like much but all that takes a long time!

LovelyOne
well it is "will's story" according to T&T..but I dunno if that really means less Jack or what ever..

actually if Johnny couldnt be in much of it..I kinda guess thats why they milked J/E in 2 and had it fizzle out by movie 3 laughing out loud...joking

LovelyOne
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Ted and Terry and Gore aren't that stupid...they know Jack Sparrow/Johhny Depp is the money of the movie..no way would they give him less screen time....if I had my way he'd be in every scene....but I know that's not possible....oh how I love Jack Sparrow....I watch POTC last night...he is so funny and awesome....favorite scenes from pOTC were the rescue scene, the apple eating scene, the island with Jack and Liz...the Peas in a Pod deleted scene....the sword fight between Jack and Will....well, everything I guess....I ususally fast forward through the scene where the Dauntless is attacked by the skeletons...

for some reason I always skip through the what ya ma call it ..the battle scene where Will gets trapped and is screaming for help again..

my all tme fave moment of Jack is his entrance in 1..that was the best thing ever

LovelyOne
I actually think that the rescue mission is gonna look amazing..I mean they are traveling to the ends of the eath its gonna look awesome big grin I cant wait to see that even if Jack's not there.

willofthewisp
I was about to say that, LovelyOne! As much as I love Jack, I do like the parts without him. I liked the beginning of COTBP with introducing Liz and Will and the supporting characters. I liked Barbossa a whole bunch too. While I do think they spent a little too much time on the Flying Dutchman in DMC, I liked Will getting to grow a little by meeting his dad, and I liked the beginning when he and Liz deal with Beckett in their own ways. Even if Jack's not in a scene, his presence is felt.
But I think there will be plenty of Jack in AWE. There has to be.

LovelyOne
I really just like the whole feel of the movie..even with the dragging scene like the liars dice. I still liked the whole vibe of it..and the little things they add in, with that scene in particular when Davy was walking his wooden leg was making the crab things go back into their shells. All the little details that make the movies awesome big grin..all the Mise en Scene is awesome big grin

Surreal_44
I don't really like Jack, so I wouldn't care if he wasn't in much of the third film. He gets...tiring.

I loved all the Flying Dutchman scenes, not so much because they were exciting, but because we see a rebuilding of that relationship between Will and his father. Did you see that look of shock and bitterness on Will's face when he first sees his dad? They move their storyline along just beautifully.

Of course, for me, the character that obviously needs more screen time is Norrington. He's the most interesting character out of all of them, and yet he gets so little screen time. *sad sigh*

CaptinJackLover
how can you not like JAck?! he is the main chracter! he is the BEST character...oh and without Jack then who would Liz love?!!?!?!?

yesi agree Norrington is great in all ways but nobody can beat Jack...he is hilarious witty and i must say extremely wonderful to look at! im shocked you would say you dont like him....

LovelyOne
NOW I know why you are a W/E shipper cuz ya dont like Jackie boy..

well I'm not trying to sound mean but Jack is the sun that holds all the other characters in orbit laughing out loud

He is pirates of the caribean if he wasn't in it and it was Orlando And Keira and Jack D..PotC would probably face the same fate as The haunted Mantion..which is a flop..
I dont really like Will. I find Norrington very interesting thoug..he's my 3rd fave..

katelovespirate
Jack is the sun that holds all the other characters in orbit.... HAHAHAHAHAHA oh gee you crack me up. that was great.

Vim
Originally posted by katelovespirate
we can look at this in the form of a simple pie graph. Will brings in the teenage girl audience, Keira brings in the adolescent-college male audience plus the little girls, and Jack brings in everyone else.

methinks Jack will be given adequate time to "bring in everyone else".
wink

I have to disagree with you ....My 4 year old wanted to see DMC only because it had "Cap'n Jack!" I watched first one with her and at the end she said "I want to see more of Cap'n Jack..." I said okay and we went and saw DMC... It was great she loved it, 'cept what happened to the cap'n at th eend

LovelyOne
I actually pinched that from someone on wordplayer..or something similar..Its a good way to describe Jack though..Elizabeth is Mercury..she is his closest laughing out loud

just joking

frig man..mind must get off love triangle EEK

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Vim
I have to disagree with you ....My 4 year old wanted to see DMC only because it had "Cap'n Jack!" I watched first one with her and at the end she said "I want to see more of Cap'n Jack..." I said okay and we went and saw DMC... It was great she loved it, 'cept what happened to the cap'n at th eend
would your son expect Jack to lose the girl?

katelovespirate
saw that one coming a mile away.... laughing out loud

LovelyOne
LMAO seriously...I wanna know laughing out loud

Mistypirate
Trust me all the kids go to see the movie of because of Capt. Jack I have a 3 yr old niece and a 6 yr old nephew, they love Capt Jack. I asked my nephew who he wanted to see with the girl, guess what his answer was? big grin

LovelyOne
The monkey?

Mistypirate
LMAO YES!!

LovelyOne
of course everyone wants their favorite character to get the girl..stick out tongue

Vim
No it was my lil' girl... and She just liked Cap'n Jack, she didn't care who he ended with... except in the Kraken's mouth! That kind of scared her some, I told her that it was okay and that Will and Elizabeth were going to rescue him she was okay after that...

tee_pirategirl
Lovely this is the first time I'm gonna disagrre with you...(but in a good way) will does reel in the MAJORITY of teen girls BUT *clears throat* as you see with myself, ivebeendepped43,mmoviejounkie and many many others..we are teens and *starts chanting* WE WANT JACK...WE WANT JACK...not WILL..JAAAAACK! sorry had a little fit there

PirateDiva
lol...i dont think lovelyone will mind that disagreement...lol!!

tee_pirategirl
thought not....but seriousely LESS Johnny would mean MOVIE SUICIDE. I don't believe them to be that dumb..obviousely it won't be "the jack show" but they KNOW what made the movie a success and they're happy they trusted Johnny with it so they'll continue what made it so great to begin with

PirateDiva
I doubt it....it's gonna have lots of Johnny....i think they'll show him and his Journey through purgatory up until the very minute they find him!!! I think it'll be satisfying!!!

LovelyOne
Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
Lovely this is the first time I'm gonna disagrre with you...(but in a good way) will does reel in the MAJORITY of teen girls BUT *clears throat* as you see with myself, ivebeendepped43,mmoviejounkie and many many others..we are teens and *starts chanting* WE WANT JACK...WE WANT JACK...not WILL..JAAAAACK! sorry had a little fit there
you are JOKING me right?? most teen girls dont go there for Will...almost every person I speak to they say that he just cant cut it next to Johnny andmost of them are college mates...I'm not being mean but they do say that. When I was 16 and I watched movie 1...I didnt go there for lando

One said to me "yeah what is his point now?"

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Vim
No it was my lil' girl... and She just liked Cap'n Jack, she didn't care who he ended with... except in the Kraken's mouth! That kind of scared her some, I told her that it was okay and that Will and Elizabeth were going to rescue him she was okay after that...
LOL i meant in the next one but thanks for answering my question

PirateDiva
LOL....Ok never mind....lol!!!

Pirates-Orlie
Jack is the leading role. They really won't give him less screen-time. Without him it's not as fun. And I don't think it's going to be a Will - film.
I think COTBP was an Elizabeth-film, DMC a Will-film so AWE has to be a Jack-film... Right?

Too_Blue
Originally posted by Pirates-Orlie
Jack is the leading role. They really won't give him less screen-time. Without him it's not as fun. And I don't think it's going to be a Will - film.
I think COTBP was an Elizabeth-film, DMC a Will-film so AWE has to be a Jack-film... Right?

Some may disagree and find that DMC was Jack's film because of the whole Black Spot nonsense. I think every film is Jack's film, IMHO. Like someone so eloquently pointed out here. Jack is the Sun.. everything happens because of him. Elizabeth would not have been taken by the Pirates to Isla De Muera had Jack not told Barbossa where it was, in DMC Will would not have seen his father had Jack not tricked him onto the ship, and in AWE-- Beckett would not have gotten Davy Jones' heart had Jack not taken the heart out of the chest and put it in his Jar of Dirt. Each movie Jack is always tricking everyone into doing everything for him and I don't think this is going to stop in AWE.

Anyway, after they save Jack I think all of the characters will be together this time. Except maybe Will... I think the dude will turn to the dark side of the force.. *ahem* sea?

JacksSweet

jackismyboo
The writers know that Jack Sparrow is almost everyones favorite character i mean he is on bilboards on magazines on shirts on posters an ipod advertisement on shoes more POTC toys are with him. Even if we see less of him in AWE doesn't mean he is going to be mistook they care for him as much as everybody else they just show Will more but maybe because he is going to be fishface in the next one and we need to get ready to say BYEBYE and move on!! they are still thankfully writing more and of course we will see JACK alot more then we will see future fishface!!!

Pirates-Orlie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.