will Venom be like a monster?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atharpina
Based on everything I've seen so far, it looks like Raimi is, at least somewhat, representing Venom in a horror-style aspect. Do you guys agree or disagree with this and if so, how do you feel about it?

Menetnashté
Originally posted by atharpina
Based on everything I've seen so far, it looks like Raimi is, at least somewhat, representing Venom in a horror-style aspect. Do you guys agree or disagree with this and if so, how do you feel about it?
venom will be 'like' an alien

Doc Ock

atharpina
I'm not talking about the way he looks, the way he acts, and the way he's represented.

spencerspider
im sure he will talk..what do u mean like monster..

oddjob02
what he means is that Venom may come off as a monster in the sense that:
A) a crazy Lon Cheney Jr. wolfman-like tranformation of Eddie in one scene
B) Unintelligent force of horror
C) have no control or decision makling abillity like a true villian
D) nothing but a senseless brute of destruction

i think thats what is meant

DO i agree??

well it may come off a bit as such but, why waste character development on Eddie if Venom does end up as such?

spencerspider
im sure he will not be like that...seeing as how he looks like he has mj in a trap or something

doctorstrongbad
Of course he will be a monster, he is evil after all.

Dan-El
Not an animalistic monster with no true cognitive capacity for revenge or even hatred, just survival. No, instead he will be how Norman was a monster, or how Charles Manson was a monster.

Ultraman Baltan
Green Goblin is the kind of monster you want in a Spiderman movie.
Alien or Predator? No.
Venom will be a mix of both. Up in the air for me.

Doc Ock
Green Goblin is not a monster.

He's a whacko in a Power Ranger's suit. Or in Harry's case, a snowboarder costume wink

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Doc Ock

He's a whacko in a Power Ranger's suit. Or in Harry's case, a snowboarder costume wink
Well in the sense of his actions he's a monster. I assume the same will be with Venom.

Ultraman Baltan

Norman's costume rocks. You're just mad because he isn't in spandex and purple.
GG is a monster. He destroyed things, killed people, was insane, vicious, bloodlusted, and evil. Sounds like a monster to me.

Doc Ock

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Norman's costume rocks.

If you're into cheap looking green plastic....

No, I'm mad they put him in a Power Ranger's suit.

Was he evil though??

He was a victim of his own performance enhancers. "Side effects are violence, aggression, and insanity" - Dr Stromm in Spider-Man 1.

Even just before he died he said "Peter, don't tell Harry". Still the decent father in there.

Raimi represents the villains as very human. I like that.

Ultraman Baltan
With a MONSTEROUS SIDE.

Darth Jello
I think Raimi is smart enough not to pull a "Bane" (see batman and robin). I'm sure he'll be frightening, and smart, and coherent.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I think Raimi is smart enough not to pull a "Bane" (see batman and robin). I'm sure he'll be frightening, and smart, and coherent.

They are going to make Venom, Spider-man's match. It should be a great fight to watch.

spencerspider
i think that they will make him just a little bit stronger than spidey. so that pete needs help from harry

Menetnashté
Venom's not nearly as mean as Green Goblin, or Ock for that matter. He won't put civilians in danger to get at Spidey like they do.

Venom just sees Spidey as the guilty one. And from the trailer, it looks like he uses MJ as bait to get him.

What a shock, MJ being used to lure Spider-Man. Haven't seen that before erm
Well I doubt they're playing on Venom's good side. I assume the director wants to get rid of Venom as soon as possible

spencerspider
well seeing as how it probably will end the "trilogy" that venom will be beaten and more than likely killed

Menetnashté
Originally posted by spencerspider
well seeing as how it probably will end the "trilogy" that venom will be beaten and more than likely killed
Yeah I hope they don't try and beat this film franchise to death like they did with the rocky films

Silverstein
^lol some odd years later, tobey mcguire returns as Spider-Man. They could use that Superman Returns thing of '...after a mysterious absence..."

spencerspider
lol yea..

doctorstrongbad
A better question would be ... How could he not be a monster?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.