Season 6 Episode 6/8 "Static"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
WWE SUPERSTAR BATISTA ("FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN"wink GUEST STARS -- Clark (Tom Welling) learns a Zoner has landed in Seattle and slaughtered the entire crew of a working ship. Upon investigation, Clark comes face to face with a horrifying Phantom (guest star Batista) who sucks the bones out of people. Meanwhile, a patient (guest star Elias Toufexis) with the ability to morph into different frequencies escapes from LuthorCorps' secret experimental lab and seeks revenge on Lex by imprisoning him in another spatial period where he can see and hear everyone but no one can see him.

Kal875
are we looking at *cough* Manhunter *cough*?

Dan-El
Judging by the trailer, it seems that way. Who else has red eyes?

NoFate007
I want some oreos.

Kal875
I love oreos....Originally posted by Dan-El
Judging by the trailer, it seems that way. Who else has red eyes? good point

nuwine200419
ManHunter it is!! lol

Dan-El
Originally posted by Kal875
good point

Wait... it could be Darkseid, lol!

Kal875
Darkseid.......saving........Superman.......BY JOVE I THINK YOUVE GOT IT!

Marth18
HAHAH THATS LIKE........ Satan saving jesus!

Kal875
mmmmmmmmmmm oreo's

Oreo's and Erica/Lois.....drool

NoFate007
mmmmmmmmmmm oreo's

Oreo's and Erica/Lois.....drool

I like the way you think haha.

Kal875
I like the way I think too

Dan-El
I think we all think that we like the way Kal thinks.

... Don't you think?

Kal875
I think everyone thinks so

Dan-El
Kick ass new sig!

Kal875
Thank-you, Smallville made it.

Dan-El
Decent episode

Big Sexy
It was ok. Nothing spectacular this season so far though. Isn't smallville supposed to be about "you know" Clark. When the hell did it become the story of lana and lex with a cameo by Clark

Dan-El
Better than Lana turning into a vampire!

Kal875
yeah, like that would ever happen, I listen to AlMiles documantry on it and they admitted that the Vampire ep sucked.

Was a cool episode, i loved the bringing in of MM and The oreo's. It's about time they brought oreo's into the show

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Dan-El
Better than Lana turning into a vampire! True enough. I still would like to see better action seens. Thats part of what makes Superman "Superman". What happened to heat vision?

LordFear
Darkseid.......saving........Superman.......BY JOVE I THINK YOUVE GOT IT!

Seriously my first impression is Darkseid and it would be a great story to tie into it

Kal875
Way to complicated though, it would take another 6 seasons just to explain it.

LordFear
I really hate Lana and Lex in this episode

Big Sexy
Originally posted by LordFear
I really hate Lana and Lex in this episode Her speaking to lex was painful to the ears.

Kal875
Yeah, well I'm thinking Lana will end up finding 33.1 and that will be the end of Xena(has Xena been done yet? lol)

Big Sexy
MM was an okay effect but I feel like I'm scrounging for action this season. The budget really must have taken a hit.

Dan-El
Well, I liked what this season had done so far. I mean, more on story than mindless action. However, I wouldn't have focused so much on Lana and Lex. I think the main problem people have is the lack of focus upon Clark as it is. Ollie/GA are good departures, but only if Clark is INVOLVED.

MM was a beautiful addition, but I think more could have been done with it. On the other hand, the producers might want to stick to last year's formula and have one super-guest star per half-season, as irritating as it can be. I mean, they're all coming back in Justice!

Remember the preview for the new season in September? What happened to the "S" ring that someone, maybe Clark, was holding? Is that for later this season?

I'm really sad that this half of the season went out with this episode, especially the "shocking" ending. Again, a Clark-centric ending (perhaps relating back to MM) would've been better. Or maybe Clark takes Chloe's advice (that hero's need help sometimes) and call's Ollie up. "I'm ready. What did you have in mind?"

Big Sexy
Well, I liked what this season had done so far. I mean, more on story than mindless action. However, I wouldn't have focused so much on Lana and Lex. I think the main problem people have is the lack of focus upon Clark as it is. Ollie/GA are good departures, but only if Clark is INVOLVED.

MM was a beautiful addition, but I think more could have been done with it. On the other hand, the producers might want to stick to last year's formula and have one super-guest star per half-season, as irritating as it can be. I mean, they're all coming back in Justice!

Remember the preview for the new season in September? What happened to the "S" ring that someone, maybe Clark, was holding? Is that for later this season?

I'm really sad that this half of the season went out with this episode, especially the "shocking" ending. Again, a Clark-centric ending (perhaps relating back to MM) would've been better. Or maybe Clark takes Chloe's advice (that hero's need help sometimes) and call's Ollie up. "I'm ready. What did you have in mind?" I agree partially. They definitely should focus more on Clark but the action should be more defining now more then ever especially with the addition of MM to the show. A big problem that I'm getting is I am not seeing any real growth in Clarks character. I feel like nothings really changed in him from when the series first started. Not too mention Lana is possibly dumber now than earlier in the show.

Dan-El
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I agree partially. They definitely should focus more on Clark but the action should be more defining now more then ever especially with the addition of MM to the show. A big problem that I'm getting is I am not seeing any real growth in Clarks character. I feel like nothings really changed in him from when the series first started. Not too mention Lana is possibly dumber now than earlier in the show.

I have to say that Clark has grown a bit since the start of the show back in 2001. He's embracing who he is a bit more (statement's made in "Rage" aside), though he still has a problem with sharing his burdens to make things go easier on himself. It's not that realistic that he'd shed all of his tendencies in the course of a few episodes (since "Fallout", I mean). Besides, Superman is a bit of a loner, in that he does feel the need to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders so that everyone else's lives will be, in his way of seeing it, easier.

Lana is kind of a flip-floppy character, which is mainly the writers' fault. They need to stop deciding how she would act according to the episode, but instead think of how the episode, or the series rather, will go down due to her decisions.

Two corrections to my earlier statement:
- The last episode of this half of the season (till late Janurary) will be "Subterranean", which, thank God, should be a Clark centric episode.
- MM will not be returning in Justice, but will be back in Labyrinth.

AstroFan
Using the first sig was one thing dude, but that one has my damn initials on it.

Darth Vicious
It was an ok episode, I didnt really care about Lex part in the episode. They shouldve focused more on Clark and Batista. Static guy shouldve left Lana trapped between frequencies. She is just too annoying. I hate her character. sigh, I guess Ill go watch the episode were she is killed, im sure that'll cheer me up.

Jedi Priestess
Hello? Is Clark ever going to be the focus again? sad

darktim1
I don't know it seems this season he's been on outside of things but I bet he'll become part at end of season.

Henke007
This episode was the worst crap iv'e watched i think, the Dialog is limping the characters seem to be bored of the show and the writers seem to be bored with their job and the special effects departement has been laid off, and Lana has gone haywire.

And Clark has lost all his superpowers somehow??!!!!!!!

This season is the worst crap ever, what has happened to the show pointless plots, phantom zone crap characters and whats with the guy with the purple, pink laser eyes who the hell is he ??

- He has powers i can only dream of haha what a jokeee, man u have powers every1 else can only dream of, this show isn't about CK and Superman anymore its about Lana and Lex and strange boring phantom characters...

Lana the way she cried over Lex and said i can't live without u how pathetic, and why i sLex still so soft i get irritated every scene they share!!!

And Chloe and Jimmy LMAO they may have the most not interested love story on TV ever seen!!!

Kal875

I'm really sad that this half of the season went out with this episode, especially the "shocking" ending. Again, a Clark-centric ending (perhaps relating back to MM) would've been better. Or maybe Clark takes Chloe's advice (that hero's need help sometimes) and call's Ollie up. "I'm ready. What did you have in mind?" Well it looks like we havent seen the Last of MM, thus the Oreo at the end

Originally posted by Henke007
This episode was the worst crap iv'e watched i think, the Dialog is limping the characters seem to be bored of the show and the writers seem to be bored with their job and the special effects departement has been laid off, and Lana has gone haywire.

And Clark has lost all his superpowers somehow??!!!!!!!

This season is the worst crap ever, what has happened to the show pointless plots, phantom zone crap characters and whats with the guy with the purple, pink laser eyes who the hell is he ??

- He has powers i can only dream of haha what a jokeee, man u have powers every1 else can only dream of, this show isn't about CK and Superman anymore its about Lana and Lex and strange boring phantom characters...

Lana the way she cried over Lex and said i can't live without u how pathetic, and why i sLex still so soft i get irritated every scene they share!!!

And Chloe and Jimmy LMAO they may have the most not interested love story on TV ever seen!!!

I was thinking about what Lana said about missing left and I was like "He's only been gone 1 day" and then I thought that if I saw my loved one disappear in front of me not knowing if they were ok or if I will ever see them again, I might of missed them also.

LordFear
why is everybody focused on Martian Manhunter?
I can't even begin to see how you would tie that story line up
And why would Clark say "he has powers that I can only dream of?"
MM is nowhere near Clarks abilities. The oreo bit I don't get and MM is a good guy, this dude looks like he blasted Batista with his eyes like Darkseid would do with his omega beam

Dan-El
1.) He could fly
2.) He had a burning touch

Technically, since Clark can't do either of those things (yet, in relation to flight), he can only dream of having them.

Literally. Ins season 3 I believe, he dreamt he was flying! lol

Kal875
Yeah

LordFear
but wouldn't Darkseid make for more of an interesting ending?

Darth Vicious

MM is nowhere near Clarks abilities.

He probably was just talking about the flying part, which he cant do, yet.

Big Sexy
why is everybody focused on Martian Manhunter?
I can't even begin to see how you would tie that story line up
MM is nowhere near Clarks abilities. The oreo bit I don't get and MM is a good guy, this dude looks like he blasted Batista with his eyes like Darkseid would do with his omega beam Well in relation to the comics. MM can definitely match clark. He has speed, strength, invulnerability, he can become immaterial, hes a shape shifter, and hes one of the strongest telepaths in the world.

LordFear
Well in relation to the comics. MM can definitely match clark. He has speed, strength, invulnerability, he can become immaterial, hes a shape shifter, and hes one of the strongest telepaths in the world.

Agree but Clark has mastered flight in episode six, he just prefers the speed. The problem is that at the end, the guy in the distance seemed more as a menace than a friend. He seemed as if he was toying and just luring Clark as oppose to helping out. If it was MM, wouldn't he introduce himself and let him know that he also is the only one of his race and he understands him?

Big Sexy
Agree but Clark has mastered flight in episode six, he just prefers the speed. The problem is that at the end, the guy in the distance seemed more as a menace than a friend. He seemed as if he was toying and just luring Clark as oppose to helping out. If it was MM, wouldn't he introduce himself and let him know that he also is the only one of his race and he understands him? I agree. Its weird. He did seem like a menace. I got the whole glowing eyes thing because he does that to read a persons mind. I think Clark meant how easily he wasted Batista. Clark punched him and it did nothing. Thats the only comparison I think he made between there respective powers.

snoopdogg
I missed last nights episode. But are you guys serious when you say Martian Manhunter was on the show? Could you guys be mistaken?

Blue_Hefner
are we looking at *cough* Manhunter *cough*?

I thought it was Flash at first, but that didn't explain why Clark didnt recognize him. I feel so stupid now.

Kal875
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I missed last nights episode. But are you guys serious when you say Martian Manhunter was on the show? Could you guys be mistaken? Oreo's, Glowing Red Eyes, Burning touch= MM

trademark
it is MM

Marth18
Three words.......

oh

my

god....

I was screaming like a little school girl when i saw the first oreo he stepped on.....AHHHH! JOHN JONES BABY!

Im pissed that everything clark fights he gets his ass kicked and wins by a fluke....really annoying

Lex & Lana.... no comment should be called Smallbrains...

WHERES LOIS!

MM droolio

Tonnochi
This episode sucked. I loved the Oreo's though. The Martian Manhunter part was the only good part.

Darth Vicious
I agree. Its weird. He did seem like a menace. I got the whole glowing eyes thing because he does that to read a persons mind. I think Clark meant how easily he wasted Batista. Clark punched him and it did nothing. Thats the only comparison I think he made between there respective powers.

Co-sign. SInce I really dont follow MM in the comics I had no clue about the oreos, I knew they meant something but didnt know for sure.

Marth18
He just loves to eat oreos....

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Marth18
He just loves to eat oreos....

Smart guy. Oreos are delicious!

Marth18
Yea but if he loves them why is he always dropping them under clarks fooT!?

Kal875
lol, I was thinking the same thing, he doesnt eat them, he drops them.Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Smart guy. Oreos are delicious!
yes they are.

Henke007
what an obscure discussion , what about Smallvilles lack of interesting plots and twists and turns and Clark kicking some ass instead of being a cameo character, and what about all his powers where is the new profound superbreath , its awfull to watch right now, i just saw all the 5 seasons all together before this season started so i have a good idea of it..

Superherovandal
was chloe at the end of the ep when she was talking to clark MM?

Kal875
You mean was MM pretending to be chloe? that would of been cool. But idk.

what did she say?

Marth18
Originally posted by Superherovandal

Wow i never thought of that! You are smart haha...hmm i hope thats it, and next ep chloe is like "WTF are you talking about it wasnt me!" lol... she never said anything about what happened to lex and lana or w/e and wasnt she in metropolis? I dont know

SHe was saying theres other people out there clark, you need to let them help you, let them in! They want to help! haha

Kal875
oh yeah the "Even hero's neeed saving sometimes Clark" speech.

I dont think it was MM, it sounded like a Chloe thing to say.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Superherovandal

yepper

snoopdogg
Why did MM kill Batista in cold blood though? Is that in his character?

Dan-El
Agree but Clark has mastered flight in episode six, he just prefers the speed.

When did he master flight? I know that Kal flied in season 4 (something Clark didn't know how to do), I know he did a super jump in Mortal and episode 100. He hovered in episode 2 and in Rosetta, and he felt like he "willed" himself to Lana's truck in Twister, but he's never mastered flight.

Jedi Priestess
When did he master flight?

he hasn't yet

Kal875
JP, so it was infact MM pretending to be Chloe?

slight off subject, I was talking to my dad who also watch's Smallville and he proposed the idea that MM was Chloe all along(Throughout the series), but Clark has made out with Chloe, and we would of seen a lot more Oreo's in Smallville if this were true

Marth18
THat is not true lol, if it is MM is the gayest alien since gay came to gay town

Marth18

Maybe MM knows how chloe acts, hes not gunna pretend to be someone he doesnt know about

Kal875
Originally posted by Marth18
THat is not true lol, if it is MM is the gayest alien since gay came to gay town yeah that was the point I was trying to make, lol

Jedi Priestess
JP, so it was infact MM pretending to be Chloe?

slight off subject, I was talking to my dad who also watch's Smallville and he proposed the idea that MM was Chloe all along(Throughout the series), but Clark has made out with Chloe, and we would of seen a lot more Oreo's in Smallville if this were true

yes

and to the 2nd part that would just be SO not right laughing out loud

Henke007
wouldn't it be great if some1 terminated this thread!!

Dan-El
It'd be better if they terminated you

Superherovandal

No that had to be unless MM was invisible and intangible listening to their conversation while eating oreos and smallville likes to be more tangible than that.

Kal875
lol, ok,ok, it was MM, what you said made sense

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.