Thanos Vs. Onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
I saw the Thanos vs. marvel villains thread. I think it's a bit of an unfair fight given how ludicrously overpowered Thanos is. So I put him against the strongest Marvel villain I know and the only one outside of god-like beings like Galactus who could take Thanos solo and have a good shot of winning. And with Onslaught making a comeback in the wake of House of M, we might see this fight happen potentially.

Onslaught vs. Thanos. No prep, no warning beyond the usual villain speeh before fights. Fight takes place on earth. Thanos attempts to take over earth as in the marvel villains vs. him thread, but this time the destruction of the heroes has brought back Onslaught (I know that it was really the scarlet witch, but this is what if? anyway.) and he's pissed.

Good bye earth, hello planet Onslaught or planet thanos.

inamilist
unfortunatly, Onslaught wasn't around long enough to get a good idea of the nuances of his powers, and at differant times in the series his showings varried immensly.

Depending on his true access to Franklin's reality manip powers, it could be a blowout in either direction.

For the most part, I see it going 6-7/10 for thanos.... but im not even sure

with the potential for power that onslaught has, it could go either way

Ryonslaught
If marvel would do the sensible thing and allow Onslaught to grow as a character (oh the possibilities...... blink )outside of nate grey or Franklin's powers he no doubt could hold his own against thanos.

And if were talking Onslaught as he appeared in Onslaught Marvel universe reading then the big O wins. Hands down...... geek

besides even if Thanos shatters the Armour he wouldnt be able to handle Onslaught's true form, messed

sheesh Big O went toe to toe with Hulk in all his fury and split the guy into two separate people and he still wasnt dead rock

bigbran
Originally posted by Ryonslaught
If marvel would do the sensible thing and allow Onslaught to grow as a character (oh the possibilities...... blink )outside of nate grey or Franklin's powers he no doubt could hold his own against thanos.

And if were talking Onslaught as he appeared in Onslaught Marvel universe reading then the big O wins. Hands down...... geek

besides even if Thanos shatters the Armour he wouldnt be able to handle Onslaught's true form, messed

sheesh Big O went toe to toe with Hulk in all his fury and split the guy into two separate people and he still wasnt dead rock Is that really the best feat you could come up with?
Based on Onslaught fighting Hulk scans, Thanos destroys him.

inamilist
Originally posted by bigbran
Is that really the best feat you could come up with?
Based on Onslaught fighting Hulk scans, Thanos destroys him.

Exactly

he has amazing energy projection, manipulation, psychic and regeneration feats in the comics running up to the finish

then he loses in the end to the hulk in a fist fight

its preposterous, he should have destroyed the hulk where he had stood

TricksterPriest
He was proving a point. He was beating Hulk at his own specialty to demonstrate his superiority.

bigbran
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He was proving a point. He was beating Hulk at his own specialty to demonstrate his superiority. The fact is, that he lost to him.
The Hulk fight, is just downright retarded.

Plus, plenty of people have done this, what is your point?

King Kandy
Thanos.

Galan777
Thanos ftw

Innerhype
Originally posted by bigbran
The fact is, that he lost to him.
The Hulk fight, is just downright retarded.

Plus, plenty of people have done this, what is your point?

Still, not many can take the "Onslaught Punch" and live to tell about it shifty

boriquaking55
Thanos

Kid Kurdy
You guys realize that it was an extremely angry - and strong - Hulk ? And that Hulk still wasn't doing very well against Onslaught ? And that Onslaught already was a bit weakened by the other heroes ?

And Onslaught could have killed Hulk anytime he wanted, but during this fight, the heroes were protected from Onslaughts enormous telepathic / psionic powers thanks to a few gadgets from Iron Man (or was it Hank Pym ? Whatever).

Now against Thanos, I don't know, depends on how much telepathic attacks Thanos can take. We all know telepathic attacks don't work very well on him, but Onslaught is on a whole other level.

And even physically, Onslaught is more than a match for Thanos.

I'd say Onslaught 8/10.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
You guys realize that it was an extremely angry - and strong - Hulk ? And that Hulk still wasn't doing very well against Onslaught ? And that Onslaught already was a bit weakened by the other heroes ?

And Onslaught could have killed Hulk anytime he wanted, but during this fight, the heroes were protected from Onslaughts enormous telepathic / psionic powers thanks to a few gadgets from Iron Man (or was it Hank Pym ? Whatever).

Now against Thanos, I don't know, depends on how much telepathic attacks Thanos can take. We all know telepathic attacks don't work very well on him, but Onslaught is on a whole other level.

And even physically, Onslaught is more than a match for Thanos.

I'd say Onslaught 8/10.
You forgot that Onslaught could have easily killed all those heroes just by blinking them out of existense with Franklin's powers.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
You forgot that Onslaught could have easily killed all those heroes just by blinking them out of existense with Franklin's powers.
No I didn't forgot that. But it had nothing to do with this thread.

And I really don't think Onslaught needs Franklins powers to kick Thanos around. It will just take a bit longer.

Mrrungo Mu
Thanos

Lord S
Regular Onslaught (Xavier+Magneto) loses to Thanos...or at best a stalemate.

Onslaught (w/Nate and Franklin) beats Thanos.

Lord Urizen
Thanos

I love Onslaught, but Thanos rapes him.

grey fox
Two words.

POWER COSMIC.

inamilist
Originally posted by grey fox
Two words.

POWER COSMIC.

agreed

as impressive as onslaught is, without serious access to franklin's powers (which he really doesnt show, the best feat I know is when he warps the Fantastic four's memories of villians into reality) he is toast

I can hardly see onslaught winning this in a mindrape. Though it certainly wont be easy for thanos.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by inamilist
agreed

as impressive as onslaught is, without serious access to franklin's powers (which he really doesnt show, the best feat I know is when he warps the Fantastic four's memories of villians into reality) he is toast

I can hardly see onslaught winning this in a mindrape. Though it certainly wont be easy for thanos.
He also creates a citadel for him self and created a 2nd sun

juggernaut66666
http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10ao0.jpg
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1ay8.jpg

inamilist
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
He also creates a citadel for him self and created a 2nd sun

lol

right

other than those ones

MightyEInherjar
Onslaught fought the Hulk how he did because he wanted Hulk to break his armor. He knew Hulk had the highest potential to break it, and so he had to toy around with him for awhile to get him to the point where he was strong enough.

He pissed off Hulk on purpose by going h2h with him, beat him, and set him up to crack his armor so that he could go into his final form.

Soljer
Thanos.

Avalonofthewind
How well did Onslaught fare against the combined heros when he faced them?

leonidas
they eventually smashed his armored form and set free his "ultimate form" an energy form that onslaught CLAIMED was invincible, or something close to that.

course, then they dove into him and that was that.

armored form v thanos would be a very cool battle, and very close imo.

Lord S
Originally posted by grey fox
Two words.

POWER COSMIC. What does the Power Cosmic have to do with this?

This is Thanos vs. Onslaught, in case you forgot...

Madvillain
Thanos, any day.

Tony Stark
smokin'

THANOS somkes him

Tony Stark
cool

Lord S
Originally posted by Tony Stark
cool Nice pic!!

Tattoos N Scars
I give the edge to Onslaught

shokosugi
Onslaught wins

Prep-Man
Onslaught makes Thanos cry.

Mshinu
2nd form Onslaught with Nate and Franklin destroys Thanos, he can beat him in every way imaginable from h2h to telepathy to reality warping.

1st form would be a more even fight, not quite sure how that one would go.

TheLordofMurder
Onslaught annililates Thanos in either form if he means business and isnt screwing around; of course this strongly depends on if he is still leeching off of Franklin Richards...no Richards leeching, then the battle is much more even, and might actually favor Thanos.

As for the fight against The Hulk, sorry but Thanos is going down in pure hand to hand against THAT version of The Hulk faster than Onslaught did; that was Mindless Hulk that stood up to Onslaught physically...a version of Hulk that did not feature the Banner side of the personally holding back the amp to his strength+regeneration as his anger increased...

That version of the Hulk was probaly unbeatable in pure hand to hand by anything less than a Skyfather...

Prep-Man
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Onslaught annililates Thanos in either form if he means business and isnt screwing around; of course this strongly depends on if he is still leeching off of Franklin Richards...no Richards leeching, then the battle is much more even, and might actually favor Thanos.

As for the fight against The Hulk, sorry but Thanos is going down in pure hand to hand against THAT version of The Hulk faster than Onslaught did; that was Mindless Hulk that stood up to Onslaught physically...a version of Hulk that did not feature the Banner side of the personally holding back the amp to his strength+regeneration as his anger increased...

That version of the Hulk was probaly unbeatable in pure hand to hand by anything less than a Skyfather...

Yep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.