New Marvel video game with FULL cast and online play???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HarmoNiC FLo
I read about this on marvel.com but for a brief moment.

Does ANYONE have information??

So far all i know is that they plan to make every character ever in Marvel playable in an online-only game where you level up thru trials and tribulations while playing.

Like everquest but u choose the mutant character or cosmic in the MU.

This sounds super exciting and i'm sure die-hard Marvel fans would agree.

Sabretooth
The only news about the game is that Marvel has teamed up with Cryptic Studios (City of Heroes) to make it, and according to Microsoft's Peter Moore the company is trying to get "as many of the Marvel characters as we can" in the game. It will be exclusive to Windows Vista and XBox 360 and players from both platforms will be able to interact with each other in a virtual Marvel world. So far I have seen nothing on whether or not you can play Marvel characters or have to play player-generated ones or both or if only heroes and not villians are playable, but I'll keep an eye out for more news.

SpunkySmurph
wasnt this exact thread created before?

Sabretooth
I don't think so. At least not in the X-Men forum. Did you bother to try a search for one?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Sabretooth
I don't think so. At least not in the X-Men forum. Did you bother to try a search for one?

No. That's the thread makers job. But, it might have been in a different forum

Sabretooth
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
No. That's the thread makers job. But, it might have been in a different forum

Maybe HarmoNiC FLo did a search and didn't find anything. Maybe the problem is that he didn't specify that he did a search in the first post of this thread. That would have cleared up any confusion for the people who complain without even doing a little work to find out if their complaint is based on fact. He should have known better. Damn him.

I think there would be a lot fewer problems in this world if people would actually try and fix them insted of simply pointing them out and expecting someone else to do the work. I did the search before my last post. There is nothing about a Marvel online game in the X-Men forum. Let me know if you're too lazy to find out anything else for yourself and I'll be happy to help you out since it wasn't really all that hard to begin with.

Sabretooth
Marvel Universe Online trailer here:

http://crypticstudios.com/movies/Marvel_Universe_Online.wmv

9.5 mb

Still no word on if or how many official characters will be playable. As a matter of fact, according Cryptic Studios' creative director Jack Emmert: "Don't presume anything right now. We are dedicated to creating the ultimate Marvel experience online, and we'll do whatever it takes to fulfill that. Whether you can play as a character or create your own--right now, we're not announcing anything. " Although they also won't announce any specifics, Cryptic has said that gameplay will very different from the "City of" games.

magnuslives
sounds interesting........

Lord Paradise
I'd buy a 360 for that alone. But it'll be some years yet.

Phoenix Forever
ditto...

Shalimar_fox
I hate when they make an game like that for only 1 or 2 consuls

Phoenix Forever
OMG i LOVE Heros' i watch it every night (off topic i know) i know like for kingdom hearts: chain of memories they only made that for Gameboy advanced...it would have been nice if it was on PS2.

Sabretooth
Originally posted by Phoenix Forever
...i know like for kingdom hearts: chain of memories they only made that for Gameboy advanced...it would have been nice if it was on PS2.

I have good news for you. According to December issue of Anime Insider, Square Enix is making "Kingdom Hearts II: Mix +". It is an enhanced version of of Kingdom Hearts II with new scenes and a 3-D remake of Chain of Memories.

Shalimar_fox
what is this game gonna belike . Spiderman 2 game or F4 game. i hope you can do what everyou want when you want.i could imagein playing as storm,rogue or pheonix flying around the city.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.