are u a sample person or a synth beat person?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

reggie_jax
well?? which is it, stolen beats or computer generated riddims?

Broke Beat
i like sampled beats over computer generated ones. It sounds so much more authentic, and there is a stronger vibe to it IMO, but i dont like sampled vocals that sound like smurfs.... that shit ruins beats for me, its ok to have a few, but too many is just annoying.

reggie_jax
i agree.. stealing beats is the superior method of creating jamz...

especially since 'theft' is such a hip hop activity 2 participate in...

Victor Von Doom
Apparently Descartes was into computer generated riddims.

Also his Discourse on Stolen Beats was quite scathing.

Blue_Hefner
I like Kanye West. I believe that says enough.

el_barto
On Madvillainy does Madlib sample most of the stuff he's using?

I'm pretty sure he is, but I just wanted to check.

Broke Beat
ohhh yeah, those are samples. great stuff thumb up

bogen
both are gay, write your own music using REAL instruments ermm

Victor Von Doom
I would say good point, but it's not.

So, shit point.

reggie_jax
jackin beatz > real instruments

Bardock42
Good Music > Bad Music

reggie_jax
f@g nigga bullshit

Bardock42
Originally posted by reggie_jax
f@g nigga bullshit

Well, I did get raised by *** niggas but I think they had a point.

reggie_jax
f@g niggas have no point.. their only goal in life is to blast de la soul and shun real G shit..

I ENJOY REAL RAP SUCH AS KANYE WEST, MOS DEF, A TRIBE CALLED QUEST, PUBLIC ENEMY, DE LA SOUL, TALIB KWELI, COMMON, LUPE FIASCO....... <<f@g nigga bullshit.

Bardock42
f@g niggas have no point.. their only goal in life is to blast de la soul and shun real G shit..

I ENJOY REAL RAP SUCH AS KANYE WEST, MOS DEF, A TRIBE CALLED QUEST, PUBLIC ENEMY, DE LA SOUL, TALIB KWELI, COMMON, LUPE FIASCO....... <<f@g nigga bullshit.

You used the "smaller than" incorrectly. But anyways. Let me see, I think I can pretty much sum up all the Hip Hop I own and or listen to. And it goes like this:

A few Outkast songs...cause Outkast is cool.
I like Tupacs Changes as well as Coolio's See You When you Get There and Gangsta's Paradise (**** you people, I don't care if it's *** nigga shit, I dog the songs....they make me feel all warm and cozy in my butt)
EPMD - I'm Housin'
Eric B and Rakim - Microphone Fiend
Cypress Hill - How I could just kill a Man
And a few Everlast Song..if that is called hip hop...Mos Def was good in HHGTTG though.

reggie_jax
wasn't a lesser dan sign, was arrows 2 point at the f@g nigga bullshit

as in.. <<user beware, f@g nigga bullshit in this direction

Bardock42
wasn't a lesser dan sign, was arrows 2 point at the f@g nigga bullshit

as in.. <<user beware, f@g nigga bullshit in this direction

That would make even less sense. Seeing as you said you "enjoy real hip hop such as" ... and then went on to point at it as *** nigga bullshit. Are you saying you like *** nigga bullshit. Is *** nigga bullshit maybe a term for something good?

reggie_jax
i do not enjoy f@g nigga bullshit, i enjoy G shit

that was my impression of what a f@g nigga would say

i typically type impressions in all kapitalz

Bardock42
i do not enjoy f@g nigga bullshit, i enjoy G shit

that was my impression of what a f@g nigga would say

i typically type impressions in all kapitalz

Oh I see. I heard a bit of a few of those artists mostly Mos Def and Talib Kweli (well..maybe 3 songs max) but I did like it. Why is it *** nigga bullshit?

Broke Beat

roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing out loud and for the record

A>B = A is better than b

did you go to school reg?

reggie_jax
it just is

rap not about that gangsta shit = f@g nigga bullshit

rappers who try 2 be INTARLAJUNT and rap about blak oppreshun = f@g nigga bullshit

rappers who think dey smart cuz dey loop coltrane instead of p-funk = f@g nigga bullshit

rappers who portray themselves as laid back art skool types instead of ignorant vile thug niggaz = f@g nigga bullshit

G shit is about killin niggaz for fun.. macho posturing.. demeaning whorez... gettin dat paper yo.. dealin drugs.. snitch niggaz gettin pwnt.. new jacks gettin smacked.. bitches gettin beat.. tricks gettin dissed.. 5-0 gettin shot.. niggas gettin intoxicated.. subliminal beefz.. jackin beats...

Bardock42
Hey if they make good music, they can talk about whatever the **** they want. But don't you think you are a little bit harsh? I mean you don't have to listen to it, but saying that rap should only be about..well Gangsta stuff or whatever is ludicrous. Haha, like the rapper.

Broke Beat
it just is

rap not about that gangsta shit = f@g nigga bullshit

rappers who try 2 be INTARLAJUNT and rap about blak oppreshun = f@g nigga bullshit

rappers who think dey smart cuz dey loop coltrane instead of p-funk = f@g nigga bullshit

rappers who portray themselves as laid back art skool types instead of ignorant vile thug niggaz = f@g nigga bullshit

G shit is about killin niggaz for fun.. macho posturing.. demeaning whorez... gettin dat paper yo.. dealin drugs.. snitch niggaz gettin pwnt.. new jacks gettin smacked.. bitches gettin beat.. tricks gettin dissed.. 5-0 gettin shot.. niggas gettin intoxicated.. subliminal beefz.. jackin beats...

laughing a whole bunch of shit you dont do..........

Mr.T was a G but even he was intelligent.

http://news.thomasnet.com/IMT/archives/Mr.%20T%202.bmp

reggie_jax
no mad

they can't be tolerated. they allow for half way crooks to claim 2 like rap, when in reality what they like is called f@g nigga bullshit.

and they don't make gud music usually, usually boring jazz nigga bullshit. sometimes a *** nigga collective or rapper will make a good tune, when they do they get propz 4 that but it's still f@g nigga bullshit..

example: cannibal ox

f@g nigga bullshit yet dope. still f@g nigga bullshit tho.

reggie_jax
WE LUV JAZZ

Broke Beat
laughing your a dumbass man, im gonna go outside and **** some hoes, and shoot some mo****as just for you big grin

Bardock42
no mad

they can't be tolerated. they allow for half way crooks to claim 2 like rap, when in reality what they like is called f@g nigga bullshit.

and they don't make gud music usually, usually boring jazz nigga bullshit. sometimes a *** nigga collective or rapper will make a good tune, when they do they get propz 4 that but it's still f@g nigga bullshit..

example: cannibal ox

f@g nigga bullshit yet dope. still f@g nigga bullshit tho.
But rap is a style of using your voice. Kinda like singing...just different. And they do not go around claiming they like Gangsta Hip Hop..if there is such a thing like that if they do not. But Why *** nigga bullshit? Because they do not sing about beating up women and hanging out their windows, with their magnum, taking out some putos, acting kinda loco they're just some other local kids, from the streets getting paid for their vocals?

reggie_jax
"gangsta hip hop?"

fraid not my nigga

"G shit"

thumb up

mobb deep

major

f@g nigga bullshit

minor

Bardock42
"gangsta hip hop?"

fraid not my nigga

"G shit"

thumb up

mobb deep

major

f@g nigga bullshit

minor

I do not get what you are saying. Anyways, did you call me your nigga. That is a thing that did not happen to me as of yet.

Broke Beat
rap isnt a genre, its an action, Hip-Hop is the genre and the culture.

I'm not gonna say what REAL hip-hop is man, cuz i dont know what REAL hip-hop is, i didnt make the genre, but really hip-hop is what you want it to be man, i dont care that you may not like the artist i listen to, and you like that "g shit," but thats your opinion, it dosent mean its right or its law. you should respect others opinion man.

reggie_jax
what i am saying is

the phrase "gangsta hip hop" soundz wack. mostly because of the f@g nigga stigma attached to the phrase hip hop. all da *** niggas too embarressed to say they like rap.. instead I LIKE HIP HOP. A TRIBE CALLED QUEST IS GUD YES?

why everything i like = G shit

can't knock a phrase like G shit.

edit: see broke beats posts for some great examples of f@g nigga bullshit

Broke Beat
Rap isnt a genre its an action, hip-hop is the genre. rappers rap over beats, they dont hip-hop over them, like singers sing with they're band, they dont rock and roll with they're band

reggie_jax
good singers do

rap is a slang term

it meanz whatever the **** i say it meanz

move on with ur technical nigga bullshit

Broke Beat
see reggie's post for some dumbass, ignorant, wannabe e-thug post

reggie_jax
gud 1 thumb up

RAP IS AN VERB'S

not really

nigga

rap is a verb, noun and adjective

snoop raps with dat gangsta lean - verb

dr. dre iz da king of rap - noun

laid up in da cut, watch these rap niggas **** u up - adjective

Bardock42
gud 1 thumb up

RAP IS AN VERB'S

not really

nigga

rap is a verb, noun and adjective

snoop raps with dat gangsta lean - verb

dr. dre iz da king of rap - noun

laid up in da cut, watch these rap niggas **** u up - adjective

I did not know about the adjective, but how does it being a noun and verb support your opinion that it is a gnere name?

Broke Beat
ok..... its still not a genre, what is your point with that?

reggie_jax
cause dats the noun form

rap is a slang term.. gets molded 2 mean whatever rappers feel like making it mean..

reggie_jax
****in literary nazis have no jurisdiction here

this whole shit is paper yo

Bardock42
****in literary nazis have no jurisdiction here

this whole shit is paper yo

What does "this whole shit is paper" mean?

reggie_jax
Everything revolves around money, yo.

Broke Beat
paper is slang for money, bardock.

reggie words have meaning man, you cant just twist however you want or it wont make sense. cmon bro this is child's play. and who are you to say where i have jurisdiction, do you have a life man?

reggie_jax
nah nigga

as long as i got my baretta

i'm down for whateva

yea wordz have meaning.. and many wordz have multiple meaningz.. when a non-traditional meaning of a word catches popular use, dats wat we street savvy kats call "SLANG." look dat shit up in webster, yo.

Broke Beat
funny how your explaining english to me when you cant even spell your words correctly, and dont even know how to use the greater than/less than sign correctly.

reggie_jax
funny how u come at me with ur pretentious shit, trying to type proper when u aint got ur YOURS straight.

YOU'RE a f@g nigga, broke beat.

Victor Von Doom
This thread is like Kryptonite for brain cells.

If they were also affected by it.

I can't even form a cogent simile. (Copyright Stewie Griffin)

Bardock42
Originally posted by Broke Beat
paper is slang for money, bardock.

reggie words have meaning man, you cant just twist however you want or it wont make sense. cmon bro this is child's play. and who are you to say where i have jurisdiction, do you have a life man?

Oh..that makes sense...cause some money is printed on paper.

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
This thread is like Kryptonite for brain cells.

If they were also affected by it.

I can't even form a cogent simile. (Copyright Stewie Griffin)

I am glad to be part of your misery.

reggie_jax
if u don't quit..
(yea...)

if you don't stop..
(yea...)

i'm lettin my gat pop...
(cuz it's..)

187 on an undercover cop..

Bardock42
if u don't quit..
(yea...)

if you don't stop..
(yea...)

i'm lettin my gat pop...
(cuz it's..)

187 on an undercover cop..

What does 187 mean?

Broke Beat
funny how u come at me with ur pretentious shit, trying to type proper when u aint got ur YOURS straight.

YOU'RE a f@g nigga, broke beat. ok, im done arguing with idiots, this isnt good for my health.

Phat J
reggie man if i didnt know you before this i definitely would not like the new persona laughing out loud

reggie_jax
187 means death to da police

wordisbond

Bardock42
187 means death to da police

wordisbond

But the police get paid to protect you and other citizens. Why would you wish death to them? Or do you mean "The Police"...well, I can understand if someone doesn't like them, but they are pretty good. Sting's weird, that for sure, but their music is nice.

reggie_jax
the police get paid 2 stop a niggaz cashflow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.