BREAKING NEWS~~A few shocking trades appear on the table...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ysh227
BREAKING NEWS~~A few shocking trades appear on the table...

The following source was published at: http://thebestworld.forumable.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=313&mforum=thebestworld#313

Reported by Susan Atkins

Detroit--With the absence of Ben Wallace, Joe Dumars has been seeking another trade that will bring another franchise playmaker to his team. Celtics GM Ainge is seeking another trade too. According to a unrevealed resource, both teams have been discussing a possible potential trade that will send Billups and Prince to the Celtics in exchange of Paul Pierce. Joe Dumars told a press that he had given up on Allen Iverson, who is the veteran of 76ers, because of Iverson's temper. Dumars secretly said he is interested in Paul Pierce because Pierce is 2 years younger than Iverson, and Pierce is far better at attacking the ring. Dumars unofficially claimed that his team needs a slasher who can finish up with 20ppg and 8rpg.

Bay Area--Sprewell, who is a former player of the T'Wolves, informed that he will officially retire.

Myth
That would be a dumb trade. Plus, I'm not seeing it anywhere but on that message board. Not really a trusty source.

koolruningz
Pierce is a great player but i dont think he is worth Billups and Prince. Think of the defense that Dumars would be giving up and Prince is only going to improve as he gets older.

RecSpecs110
Yeah, but one thing...they're called RUMORS for a reason. I've heard just about the craziest rumors in the past that would not happen in my dearest fantasy b/c they were simply too ridiculous. This trade would also rank bad for both teams. IDK where Dumars is going if he gives away his star PG and former finals MVP and his defensive anchor in Prince for Pierce. That would completely undermine the remaining chemistry that the Pistons pretty much lost these past couple of years, as I see how badly they're losing these days. They would be just one of those teams with 2 star guards and nothing else, not even a bench. And as for the Celtics it's the opposite. They need to keep Pierce and build around him with a PG and one more decent big man in order to become a contender, but if you ge rid of him, then you're back to square 1.

And Pierce is better at attacking the basket than Iverson??? laughing Yeah, that'd be the day.

Iverson gets his name for attacking the rim. He's IMO the best in the league at doing so.

And Sprewell's retiring? Wow, haven't thought of him in while. He's injured or does he just have contract issues?

Myth
I I think Spree decided to call it quits since no one will pay him what he wants and now there is no way to convince people he is worth the money without first taking a smaller contract just to prove it.

As for the fake trade, I would take it if I was the Celtics. The Celtics have been trying to build around Pierce for 8 years and they have been going downhill for like the last 3 years. This year appears no different. I'm not saying its time to blow up the Celts, but if Billups and Prince available, they are far beyond anybody else they would be able to get and they would be strong building blocks as well.

Celts now:
Telfair
Pierce
Szczerbiak
Gomes
Perkins

After trade:
Billups
Szczerbiak
Prince
Gomes
Perkins
-Telfair to bench where he should be

Now they have some defensive authority and a court general. Also, with the newer no touch rules, PGs are more important than ever and Billups is a huge step up from the overrated Telfair (just because you come from high school and have a huge NY following, it doesn't make you great).

ysh227
Billups has peaked

Myth
Pierce isn't going to get any younger himself while Prince is going to get better. I think the trade would help the C's in the present and the future because once Billups truly goes downhill, Pierce will shortly follow and Prince will be going into his prime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.