who can handle pain the best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
I would think healers such as Logan,Creed would be up there.

punisher has taken quite some beatings.

Capt has taken some beatings in his life.

Hulk as well has taken massive amount of injuries yet keeps fighting some who realy has the highest pain threshold?

Maverick another guy who desvers mention he a complete badass that taken punishment after punishment, but keeps on fighting

Lucid Lui
Aquaman spent 15 years in constant physical and spiritual pain during the Obsidian Age.

Validus
Spartan

Not many can get a hole punched in their chest and still win the fight.

DigiMark007
Guys like Logan or Creed can handle "damage" the best. Pain and damage are two different things, and they might actually be less used to it because of their healing factors. I doubt either has had to endure months in a cast or somesuch, or felt acute pain for more than a few seconds due to their healing factor.

Same with Hulk, who heals even faster, and probably has so much rage/adrenaline that he barely feels pain.

capt it up
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Guys like Logan or Creed can handle "damage" the best. Pain and damage are two different things, and they might actually be less used to it because of their healing factors. I doubt either has had to endure months in a cast or somesuch, or felt acute pain for more than a few seconds due to their healing factor.

Same with Hulk, who heals even faster, and probably has so much rage/adrenaline that he barely feels pain.
true but what about the number of times they been burned alive?

Or while still on fire they fight.

also how about when logans powers were taken away and he was dieing from poison ye the still fought on.

I think healer deal with pain quite well not to mention wolverine and creed have both been torture by weapon x not to mention a number of other organizations.

true the pain does go away after a while, but they deal with the wave of pain through out there carees almost on a dayly basis almost to the point were gun shots don't even make them flinch.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by capt it up
true but what about the number of times they been burned alive?

Or while still on fire they fight.

also how about when logans powers were taken away and he was dieing from poison ye the still fought on.

I think healer deal with pain quite well not to mention wolverine and creed have both been torture by weapon x not to mention a number of other organizations.

true the pain does go away after a while, but they deal with the wave of pain through out there carees almost on a dayly basis almost to the point were gun shots don't even make them flinch.

Fair enough. And you're probably right with a lot of those examples.

I just disagreed with your initial reasoning for citing them....but I have no problem with the assertion that they're both up there.

capt it up
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Fair enough. And you're probably right with a lot of those examples.

I just disagreed with your initial reasoning for citing them....but I have no problem with the assertion that they're both up there.
ok cool.

I wonder who the top punisher quite tough, but so is logan and creed. maverick easily up there as well, but I think you may be right about the hulk.

spiderman though I don't feel is as high as the other he is still with in the range he taken some beatings in his time like the morlun fight

Brutacus
What about strong guy, he seems to be in pain all the time.

Scarlet315
i'd say punisher cause for a guy with no super this or healing factor that he could take a whole lot o' punishment

capt it up
Originally posted by Brutacus
What about strong guy, he seems to be in pain all the time.
true he be up there as well

Soljer
Meh, Punisher's pain tolerance is overrated. It's good, no doubt, but nothing beyond that of Captain America's or Wolverine's.

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
Meh, Punisher's pain tolerance is overrated. It's good, no doubt, but nothing beyond that of Captain America's or Wolverine's.
Logan maybe not, but capt im not so sure about.

capt and frank about even I seen both take some increadable damage.

SpunkySmurph
Deadpool... shifty

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Deadpool... shifty

Indeed. If Logan or Creed are ANYWHERE on the list, deadpool sure as hell better be one rung above them.

Anyone who cuts off their own liquifying arm to beat an enemy, or who blows their chest cavity open as an offense has got to have some mad willpower.

NiņoAraņa
Mr Immortal?

capt it up
Indeed. If Logan or Creed are ANYWHERE on the list, deadpool sure as hell better be one rung above them.

Anyone who cuts off their own liquifying arm to beat an enemy, or who blows their chest cavity open as an offense has got to have some mad willpower.
im not sure that pain tolerance or rather insanity lol.

SpunkySmurph

Insane people can still feel pain. no expression

Don't discriminate.

Scoobless
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Deadpool... shifty

Undoubtedly .... smile

Murda Ma$e
Punisher, Batman and Cap.

Soljer

Technically, ALL pain tolerance is insanity.

Accepting pain is insanity, as pain is simply a body system that warns you that tissue destruction is occuring. Ignoring this warning leads to greater destruction - insane!

Regardless, even if Deadpool IS insane, he still has nerve endings, and still feels pain.

He's high on the list.

capt it up
Technically, ALL pain tolerance is insanity.

Accepting pain is insanity, as pain is simply a body system that warns you that tissue destruction is occuring. Ignoring this warning leads to greater destruction - insane!

Regardless, even if Deadpool IS insane, he still has nerve endings, and still feels pain.

He's high on the list.
he highest on the list lol he played a game of tic tack toe on his chest well chain up for shits and gigels

Scoobless
That was AoA

stick out tongue

Stupid Rookie
Cap is up there. remember when tony told him his brain should be shut down, yet he was stil getting up.

Lot of examples for him.

MightyEInherjar
Batman? He's always running with the big boys, so I'm sure he's built up a huge pain tolerance by now, not to mention his willpower.

bigbran
Deadpool obviously.
Trying to think here...
Superman takes pain a lot, and look at him.

Mider999
a sith lol yes i said it they can use pain to make themselves stronger.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Mider999
a sith lol yes i said it they can use pain to make themselves stronger. SW isn't allowed here! go away you Trekie! er, wait, wrong series. what the hell is the SW name then....

er...

um....

hmm....

Go Away you Trekie!

Scoobless

Ichigo66666
Spiderman. Come on, the guy used to be bullied 24/7. Quite a damage soak.

Priest
I would agree, for a guy without a healing facor like wolvie ir DP, he takes a lot of punishment.

Galan777
Mr. Immortal takes alot of pain and abuse

but as far as someone without a H/F I'd say Punisher can take the most pain.

H. S. 6
Spider-Man's got some awesome showings of him fighting through pain. He doesn't have the amazing endurance or instant healing factor that others have, so he has to stick it out through willpower alone.

Omega-level
In Marvel, probably Sinister. So far, there isn't anything known that can damage him very much.

Disappear
do liquified body parts even send back nerve impulses? deadpool and sinister have both melted, but i doubt either was in a serious amount of pain, relatively speaking.

maverick had his eye torn out, then cauterized it himself. that's gotta sting.

i'd say the non-healing types have it a bit worse and need to survive on will moreso than those who'll have healthy, alive tissue replace the decaying in moments. if logan doesn't pass out within the first few minutes, he's set. if castle doesn't pass out within the first few minutes, he's still got to deal with the pain. it is an unfair advantage, but considering writing trends, it seems that the healers get unproportionately brutal beatings.

capt it up
Originally posted by Scoobless
That was AoA

stick out tongue
no it was not lol. It was in a wolverine issue were him and a beat up dieing maverick rescue deadpool

capt it up
Originally posted by Ichigo66666
Spiderman. Come on, the guy used to be bullied 24/7. Quite a damage soak.
yes but he also been Ko before from a shot to the shoulder.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Disappear
do liquified body parts even send back nerve impulses?

Only one way to find out... shifty

DarkCrawler
Namor's willpower is on the Top 5 in Marvel Earth, probably. He has insane damage soak through that alone.

Dinalfos
I don't think guys like Deadpool can handle physical pain any better than most others. It's just that he doesn't have much choice, since he'll regenerate everything.

NiņoAraņa

Sparkz
Characters such as Spider-man Darevevil and Captain America I would say fight through the most pain, but characters with healing factors can take the most, overall I'd give this to Wolverine, even when he lost his healing factor he still fought through the pain and survived, just look when he had his adamantium ripped out, granted he had a little help but he still fought through all that to save Jean.

willRules
Aunt May. That woman has had more illness and heart attacks than half the MU combined, yet she still fights on. She was even pronounced dead for a few years but that didn't stop her coming back........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.