peace is an illusion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The big EH
i have come to atain greater understanding of the world (which sucks), and war (which will never stop) and while searching the web found a sith motto thingy that says peace is an illusion, which i realized is so true. human are monsters, warmongery hateful monsters, and world peace is impossible to attain for longer than like 3 days, even then there were still secret wars and murders, and with that peace is trully an illusion and even though i'm not religious at all i believe in a fifth horseman, man himself

Alliance
Society views peace as the natural state and war as the exception. We define wars by dates and study them intensely, but rarely to we define peace.

This is what the construct is. It could easily be wrong.

DigiMark007
Peace is possible on an individual level and in smaller groups. There's evidence of this in many situations.

I would agree that this is the exception, though, and not the rule. But it can happen.

It's all just dependant on a collective level of consciousness and understanding.

So will it ever happen? Probably not. I'm not that idealistic and naive. But to say that it can't is to take a needlessly negative approach to the situation. And it's also contributing to the problem. Be happy, be at peace with yourself and the world around you, and you can personally defy that philosophy.....and it doesn't matter at all what your religion is or what your beliefs (or lack of beliefs) are.

The world's a mess. It always has been, and it always will be.
But it is also perfect at all times.
The difference between the two is simply how you look at it.

Alliance
So if peace is the exception, yet society views it as the desired norm....

...hence the disconnect and confusion on the subject. Reality and social constructs conflict.

Ushgarak
Sorry, is this actually a religious topic?

PVS
"The opposite of war is not peace. it's creation"

peace simply implies restraint, but at the same time accomplishes nothing.
how many times has 'peace' been struck between isreal and palestine?
peace is imho simply the temporary act of not fighting, at best.

Kinneary
Are we talking conflict as opposed to peace or war as opposed to peace? The two aren't the same.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Alliance
So if peace is the exception, yet society views it as the desired norm....

...hence the disconnect and confusion on the subject. Reality and social constructs conflict.

Agreed.

As Wordsworth said, "the world is too much with us". Social convention is murder on our consciousness if we allow it to be, and most people do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.