script is suggestive....or fake. That's why I posted it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp
Look what it says in the script

http://www.everythingjohnny.com/id116.html

"Jack shoots Barbossa while looking at Elizabeth."

Now, I know we've all noticed that before and we discussed how it gave him the balls to actually do it because he's become protective of her at this point (not in love, just protective), but does anyone know if this is in the official script, or just someone phrasing it a certain way? It is definitely suggestive of a relationship if it is official.

Mistypirate
Where does it say this? I couldn't find it.

Turbo-charged
ya. all I saw was CotBP scrpit

willofthewisp
It takes you to the script and you have to scroll down until you get to that part. Sorry. There's no way I can take you right to it. It's near the end when Jack, Will, and Liz are all fighting the pirates right before Will cuts himself and lets the blood go into the chest.

Surreal_44
Isn't it possible that it was a poorly written sentence that means Barbossa is the one looking at Elizabeth? I didn't think Jack was even looking at Elizabeth when he shot Barbossa...that would have been awfully lucky. laughing

CaptinJackLover
no i think he was actually... *pulls out DVD and watches closely*

Turbo-charged
lol just like you CJL!

willofthewisp
That's why I was asking. I find it very hard for anyone (even Jack) to be able to shoot at a target while looking at something else. The unclear wording made me wonder if this was just someone who watched the movie and recorded line by line, or if it was the official script. The official script should have exactly who does what.

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by Turbo-charged
lol just like you CJL!

hehehe yepp! cuz im cool like that roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mistypirate
Was that it smile . I wonder why Liz was running in the direction where Jack and Barbosa were Fighting?
That scene has puzzled me confused

Turbo-charged
If you have the DVD put it into the computer an watch the movie w/ script! That will answer your question!

CaptinJackLover
oo good idea! will do! *runs and takes DVD out of TV and puts in computer!* *watching closely and reading closely*

Mistypirate
damn I'll do it tomorrow. I'm lazy

Turbo-charged
score! me too! let CJL do the work! lol

Surreal_44
Elizabeth is on some 'stepping stones' isn't she? I think she's just running toward the land where Barbossa and/or Jack is standing on (I don't have my movie handy, and I can't remember all the details).

Maybe she was going to try to tackle Barbossa. *ggg*

Barbossa was aiming his gun at Elizabeth, and Jack aims his gun at Barbossa, then there's a shot, and the blocking leads you to believe at first that Elizabeth may have been shot, but then it becomes obvious Barbossa was the one shot.

....that makes almost no sense. big grin

I just remember how Jack seemed to be staring Barbossa down. That's just my opinion though. big grin

Mistypirate
Exactly Happy Dance

I'm agreeing with Turbo, not Surreal

willofthewisp
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Jack is staring down Barbossa in the final movie. I do think part of the reason he shot was to protect her, but come on. He knew Will would cut himself. This is why the three are such a cool trio.

It was just a confusing part of the script.

Surreal, I would love to see Liz tackle Barbossa. It would be like Dorothy tackling the Witch.

Turbo-charged
????????????????????????? you lost me

Mistypirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Jack is staring down Barbossa in the final movie. I do think part of the reason he shot was to protect her, but come on. He knew Will would cut himself. This is why the three are such a cool trio.

It was just a confusing part of the script.

Surreal, I would love to see Liz tackle Barbossa. It would be like Dorothy tackling the Witch.

I completely agree with you

Turbo-charged
uh huh totally

CaptinJackLover
im confuzzled////clue me in plz!

Mistypirate
I am more confuse than you

willofthewisp
Okay, I saw the script for COTBP and it says that Jack shoots Barbossa while he is looking at Elizabeth. I found this not only hard to understand, but not likely, so I asked for people's opinions on it.

Mistypirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Okay, I saw the script for COTBP and it says that Jack shoots Barbossa while he is looking at Elizabeth. I found this not only hard to understand, but not likely, so I asked for people's opinions on it.

We weren't talking about that, me personal. I was talking about something else.

Turbo-charged
GTG NIGHT!!!

Mistypirate
Night!

willofthewisp
Sorry.

Mistypirate
Yea you meanie Lol I'm kidding smile

Surreal_44
...I'm a bit confused as to why Jack would kill Barbossa to protect Liz? I mean, his whole goal in the movie was to 1) get his ship back and 2) kill Barbossa...soooooo....could someone explain that to me? I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to get a J/E perspective on the view.

CaptinJackLover
becasue Barbossa was gopnna shoot her...

Surreal_44
....But Jack had been planning to kill Barbossa. It was just plot-devicy timing that Jack shot Barbossa at the same time the man was planning on shooting Liz.

Technically, the way the blocking was done, Barbossa probably could have gotten his shot off. laughing out loud Imagine that...then there would have been no shipping discussions!

willofthewisp
Oh no! I'm glad that didn't happen.

Jack's main goal was of course to kill Barbossa, and it was timing that made him do it when he did, but I do think part of him meant to save Liz by firing the shot right away. If she hadn't been in the crossfire, maybe Jack wouldn't have done it right that second.

CaptinJackLover
yeah...he cluld hbave waited....it was just the oppurtune moment cuz Liz was about to die and we all know he didnt want that to happen wink

Surreal_44
He would have, because his timing had more to do with Will getting the coin to the chest rather than with Barbossa aiming at Liz. wink

calypso
Ok the way this scene is written, it says"

Jack shoots Barbossa while he's looking at Elizabeth.

The antecedent to 'he's' is Barbossa.

It should read Jack shoots Barbossa while Barbossa is looking at Elizabeth. That's the way it is filmed too.

mss_mira
ooohh yeh. pull some of that grammar out... lol

CaptainJacksLuv
Originally posted by calypso
Ok the way this scene is written, it says"

Jack shoots Barbossa while he's looking at Elizabeth.

The antecedent to 'he's' is Barbossa.

It should read Jack shoots Barbossa while Barbossa is looking at Elizabeth. That's the way it is filmed too.

yup, i'd have to agree with that OR

"Jack : "

Jack is also looking at liz, but shoots barbossa aswell.

but yea, id have to agree with the Barbossa is aiming his gun at liz and looking at her, and jack shoots him, and barbossa turns his head quickly to face jack, because thats all we see.

LovelyOne
LMFAO....omg lmao

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Surreal_44
He would have, because his timing had more to do with Will getting the coin to the chest rather than with Barbossa aiming at Liz. wink
thats the way you want to interpret it...the way the scene is played out pretty much suggests Liz is about to be shot by Barbossa and Jack shoots him before he does. Dunno if that was Jack's intent but when you look back at the original draft script for 1..Jack didn't shoot Barbossa like that. They wrote in that he saved her.

Jack does help her out in that movie quite a bit..Like when she was about to get hit, he stopped the guy.

I do think he comes out of movie 1 with a soft spot for Liz..She's on his mind as the movie closes it seems. Because he's singing the song she taught him that night on the beach..and its also the night she screwed him over and I think that is why he's so infatuated with her..not because of status because he knows she's a pirate at heart after what she did to him...and she's also the first woman to beat him at his own game I bet you.

then movie 2 starts and right away we learn Jack's been thinking about Elizabeth quite a bit since he left her "why is the rum always gone"(another call back to the island) not sure if this was their intent but it seems like the writers are aware of the fact Jack left movie 1 with Liz on his mind because he looks at the compass and smirks and they seem to have written the start of movie 2 directly from that ending.smile

willofthewisp
The unclearness of the line is what makes me wonder if this is just some fan who watched the movie and wrote down every single line and direction/blocking on it. I doubt it's the original. The official script would/should have said, "BARBOSSA looks at ELIZABETH and prepares to shoot her, but JACK shoots BARBOSSA first."

That is 100% clear.

LovelyOne
yes^^^ thats how its supposed to be portrayed.

just to add...when a certain character is first introduced and not explained in the dialogue...its SUPPOSED to be explained as a side note...

just thought I'd throw that out there wink

a-k-a-amber
OMG! i noticed barbosa was going to shoot elizabeth i wonder why her did he think Jack liked her?

evilm0nki3
ah, i remember the first time i saw the movie. i was thinking

"omg! did he shoot elizabeth! he cant do that ! omg omg ! omg! oh. cool. jack shot barbossabig grin"

LovelyOne
I think Jack has been smitten with Elizabeth ever since what she did to him on the beach in movie 1.

Surreal_44
Lovely, using the original draft script is hardly fair to prove your point, since over half of the things that happened in it did not occur in the movie.

Barbossa was going to shoot Liz, because he knew that Jack AND Will cared about her, and because she was in view. I don't think it's a deep, "Oooh, Jack loves Elizabeth moment".

It's a matter of plot-devicy moments all working together to make a fun ending for a fun character. big grin

LovelyOne
I never actually said its a "deep ooohh Jack loves Elizabeth moment"..I dont think he is in love with her even now..well he MAY be....after what she did in DMC(or if only for a shot while) but all before that I think it was just infatuation with her after what happened on the island in movie 1...

sparrobethroxmy
yea movie one i just think he respected her more because she tricked him and showed a little of her pirate side and he likes that side of her

Turbo-charged
My best friend's friend's dad is a body gaurd for Johny Depp!!!

a-k-a-amber
lol thats cool man *hides secret hostage plans*

Turbo-charged
no expression *runs away*
So TECHNICLY I'm hooked up w/ Johnny!

a-k-a-amber
that aint fair...... AT ALL

LovelyOne
there is something I REALLY want to talk about when it comes to Jack..I'm aching to but I cant and its killing me lmao

Turbo-charged
lol,.. well... It isn't even for me 'cause I'll never meet him so I'll never be able to gloat on here about it! wink

Mistypirate
Originally posted by LovelyOne
there is something I REALLY want to talk about when it comes to Jack..I'm aching to but I cant and its killing me lmao

Ok is it something or good big grin , or bad sad , please simple yes or no?

LovelyOne
its ..hard to tell actually..I think its good

Mistypirate
Goody big grin LOL but im confused

Turbo-charged
Do tell

PirateDiva
Originally posted by LovelyOne
its ..hard to tell actually..I think its good

Just tell me BRAIN are we HAPPY!!!???

Turbo-charged
you lost me?

PirateDiva
you lost me?

Who lost you?

Turbo-charged
you,.. when yousaid "brian" I thoufght you were talking about my past but then I saw you quoted something fom LO

PirateDiva
you,.. when yousaid "brian" I thoufght you were talking about my past but then I saw you quoted something fom LO

LOL.... YA I call her my brain....cause i trust her judgement a lot!!! so if she's happy there is a reason to be happy, if she's upset there is a reason to be upset and so on!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.