What if?...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Council#13
What if Obi-Wan had been killed on Utapau, and another Jedi, say Ki-Adi-Mundi, survived Order 66. Would Yoda still have gone to kill Sidious and send the other surviving Jedi to fight Darth Vader? Or would he have attacked them alone, seperately, leaving the remaining Jedi to train the next generation should any be found?

Alliance
Yoda was just drunk on power. He would have gone to assassinate anyone, anyway.

Anakin wasn't the problem, Sidious was (allegedly).

queeq
What if-threads suck.

Alliance
Yes. So close it.

Darth Subjekt
just move it to the EU section...

Blue_Hefner
Yoda won. Deal with it.

Prodigal Knight
Yoda would go for Vader instead of Sidious. He knows that Sidious has eliminated all Jedi to have ultimate power and gain a powerful heir. He knows if he kills Vader, Sidious wouldn't have his young powerful warrior left. And then he would command a surviving Jedi to watch over Luke on Tatooine, while he goes off to Dagobah. Then the OT happens again, however it will be somewhat different since Obi-Wan is gone and is replaced by someone else.

Janus Marius
I disagree. Sidious is a trained Sith lord, and the greater threat. Anakin was young and impatient, and Yoda could use that against him. Remember that Yoda could hold his own against just about anybody in the PT era in both combat and Force ability... And everyone knows that if you sever the head, the body will fall. Without Sidious, Anakin would be mincemeat.

Noob_Krueger
OMG JANUS LIVES!

Prodigal Knight
True, but Yoda here probably has only one chance of getting a Sith because then there would be a bounty on him throughout the galaxy afterwards and Yoda would probably go into exile.

I believe if Yoda had one chance to surprise a Sith, he would go after Vader. Sidious's weapon to eliminate the Jedi and cause an iron fist throughout the universe is Vader.

True, Vader may not be a great leader. Still read below.

In addition, Yoda knows Sidious > Vader and that Palpatine would most definately be his equal. Yoda has enough knowledge to know he's going against a powerful Sith Lord, one who has eliminated the Order's best, turned the greatest potential knight, and who has masked his prescence for decades. Yoda knows that there is a chance that he can fail against Sidious. However, he knows if he gets rid of Vader, he can prevent the galaxy from seeing the most powerful Sith from ever occuring (this is before the Mustafar duel, so Anakin still has potential). If Yoda fails against Sidious, then he knows he won't another opportunity to surprise the Sith again, as there would be bounties on him throughout the galaxy.

Nevertheless, I see where you're going at Janus.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Prodigal Knight
True, but Yoda here probably has only one chance of getting a Sith because then there would be a bounty on him throughout the galaxy afterwards and Yoda would probably go into exile.

I believe if Yoda had one chance to surprise a Sith, he would go after Vader. Sidious's weapon to eliminate the Jedi and cause an iron fist throughout the universe is Vader.

True, Vader may not be a great leader. Still read below.

In addition, Yoda knows Sidious > Vader and that Palpatine would most definately be his equal. Yoda has enough knowledge to know he's going against a powerful Sith Lord, one who has eliminated the Order's best, turned the greatest potential knight, and who has masked his prescence for decades. Yoda knows that there is a chance that he can fail against Sidious. However, he knows if he gets rid of Vader, he can prevent the galaxy from seeing the most powerful Sith from ever occuring (this is before the Mustafar duel, so Anakin still has potential). If Yoda fails against Sidious, then he knows he won't another opportunity to surprise the Sith again, as there would be bounties on him throughout the galaxy.

Nevertheless, I see where you're going at Janus.

Okay so answer this; if Yoda knew that why did he send Obi-Wan to fight Anakin? Their goal was to kill the sith not to make Palpatine pissed. Yoda went to fight Palpatine to kill him and he sent Obi-Wan to kill Anakin. Yoda would have sent Ki-Adi-Mundi to fight Anakin and Yoda would have still gone for Palpatine.

Prodigal Knight
Yoda sent Obi-Wan to handle Anakin because he knew Kenobi could take on Vader and perhaps kill him. Yoda knows Kenobi is one of the best and that few Jedi have a chance against Skywalker. In addition, since he knows Kenobi could kill Anakin, he decides to go for Palpatine and surprise him. Why not attempt to kill the Dark Lord?

If Kenobi is dead and some other Jedi like Ki-Adi Mundi survives, Yoda has the brains to know Mundi, though powerful, has no chance in hell against even a turmoiled Skywalker. Anakin is THAT good. Yoda doesn't want to waste Jedi lives. The only reason why Kenobi was sent because Yoda has enough faith on him to know that he can complete his task. In addition, Kenobi wants to fight the Sith and avenge the Order. He knows that he can't say to Kenobi, "Get Lost" and since Obi-Wan can't kill Sidious, Yoda sends him to finish off Vader.

If Kenobi is dead, then I believe Yoda will go for Vader though he could go for Sidious. I mean, besides Obi-Wan, there is no other surviving Jedi in the order who could kill Anakin.

Tangible God
I.e. Yoda knew there was a decent chance he could fail against Palpatine. He would figure that, he may as well get rid of Vader first, then go for the Emperor. Take out the one he knows he can get, then move for the top gun.

Dessel
There wasn't really enough time.

Janus Marius
Pfft. Yeah, like Yoda needs to worry about bounties. Eliminating Darth Sidious would have made the newfound Empire fractured at worst, back to normal Republic at best. Yoda would not be apprehended in time to prevent him from flying to Mustafar to WTFpwn Anakin.

Except that Vader's coup has already taken place, and again Vader is the lesser of two evils, as indicated by the fact that Yoda sent Obi-Wan to deal with him, while he took on the Sith Lord Sidious himself.

Nor would he be a legitimate leader. I doubt that the Empire would be consolidated under Anakin Skywalker, former Jedi, after the untimely death of the Emperor, while Yoda still lived.

Yet these feats do not deter him.

But he also knows that only he can withstand Sidious since Mace is gone.

Nonsense. Yoda was never cowed by Anakin's potential, and he certainly had faith in Anakin's immaturity and foolishness in the canon story. I don't see any rational reason why this would change if Obi-Wan were replaced by Ki.

This is true.

Of course.

Prodigal Knight
Perhaps a re-wording, Yoda has one chance to eliminate the Sith. Anakin will not spend more than a couple of hours on Mustafar. Do you think Yoda has time to fight Sidious, hitch a ship to Mustafar, and then fight Anakin before Vader leaves. Vader took maybe one hour to do his mission and maybe another hour to leave. I doubt Yoda has time. And where do you think Anakin will go? Back to Coruscant or onto Sidious's Star Destroyer. Yoda will not go back to attack the Sith. That would be suicide. In addition, he doesn't know where other Jedi are so he might be able to corner Vader during one of his Jedi hunting missions. So I guess he'll still go for Sidious (conceded), though he'll fail and the Jedi Order will fall because Luke will become evil. Why? Because Padme will give birth to children, die, and then Luke and Leia will be agents of darkness under Anakin. Poor galaxy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.