My Book Is Out!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp
I know it's off-topic, so I'll throw in the safety word. JOHNNY! Now that I've included something POTC, my books is now on amazon.com and borders.com! It will officially be in stores Jan. 8, but it's available online now.
It is called "The Snow White Rebellion" and I'm sure most of you will like it. If you can't get a copy, just spread the word for me and tell everyone you know, especially if you are members of other forums.

To read the first chapter, my website is www.freewebs.com/willofthewisp1.

Thank you, and I'm sorry to advertise on here, but I thought this was a great outlet. You've all been supportive of my participation in our role plays and the scenes we make up, so I am inviting everyone to read my original novel. I can't say if it has anything in common with POTC. That's for readers to decide. Just thanks for reading and listening.

LovelyOne
OH WOW!! congrats eek!..I'll order a copy..Is it only in the US though??

I totally didnt know you were writing a book have I been in a hole?? confused

willofthewisp
No, I said I wanted it amazon.com US/UK/Japan and somewhere else. Hope that helps you. Where are you from?

LovelyOne
UK!! eek!

Red Two
COngrants on YOu pants

calypso
Well huzzah to you and I wish you all the success.
The page came up but it said it could not access my request.

What name did you publish under?

Red Two
We're Sorry, This Page Was Not Found. Feel Free To Search Below!
sad

evilm0nki3
cool! i was wondering when it would come outsmile

I might just have to buy itbig grin

Mistypirate
Congratulations Awesome. cheers lets celebrate big grin

I'm going to check it out on amazon

katelovespirate
*breaks out rum* CONGRATS!!!!!!!! that is incredible. I am so thrilled for you. I am def going to check it out!!! youre awesome!!! smile

sailorleo
where can i see the book? like how did you get it published? ZOMG?

Mistypirate
Go to amazon.com and type in the tittle "The Snow White Rebellion". It looks really interesting. I'm going to get it.

katelovespirate
dude the cover art is amazing. i cant wait to read it. i feel so honored to know you. LOL. who published it? what was the publishing process like? i've written a few novels but have no idea how one goes about publishing--- any thoughts you'd like to share? smile

LovelyOne
yeah I was about to say that Kate

who designed it?

PirateDiva
OMG REaLLy...well Bring ouT The BoTTle Of Champagne.....Wow WiLLO Congrats.....me soooooooo Proud of u!!! I shall buy a copy!!! W00o0o0o0o0!!! Wow i'm really excited...lmao!!!! I know an Author I know an Author....so can u sign my copy when i get it...lol!!

willofthewisp
"dude the cover art is amazing. i cant wait to read it. i feel so honored to know you. LOL. who published it? what was the publishing process like? i've written a few novels but have no idea how one goes about publishing--- any thoughts you'd like to share?"------Kate

I can't take credit for the cover. I just gave some suggestions for what I wanted on it.
Okay, anyone who wants to write a book. Please just write and don't give up if you think it sounds stupid. Have another person read it to get another perspective and remember you can always revise.
Once everything is written, get a book called The Writer's Market and search publishing companies on a search engine online. You have to write things like a query letter (business letter), a synopsis of the entire book, and ways to market it. You should also write a biography on yourself. Don't give up here either. It took my mentor 9 years to publish his first book. Just keep trying.
When someone decides to publish your book, they proofread it and send it back to you to make sure everything is correct. I went through Publishamerica.com. They did everything step by step with me, giving me a cover design team among other things. You do not need an agent to get a book published.

If anyone has any more questions, just get ahold of me. My real name is Abigail Rouse (Abby) and you can send me a private message any time.

Thanks for all your support!!!!! I love this board!

T.Maria
wow willo youve achieved my lifes ambition!! big grin lol

im from the UK so im ok to order the book right??

Im really proud of you hun! im sure its gonna be a big hit!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! big grin

a-k-a-amber
YEAH MAN CONGRATS!!!!!!!jumpjump

Turbo-charged
hey can you tell me what its about???I can't read a preview of it unless I'm signed up sad

Surreal_44
Woot!

Congrats on being published, Willo! I'm so pleased for you! big grin

I'm working on my own little book as well, so the fact that now I know someone who has been published makes me feel a lot better. big grin

LovelyOne
Willofthewisp, kinda random but are you a teenager?? I always got the vibe you were a teen like the majority of us on the site or possibly in your 20's

Turbo-charged
Ahem!!!

ivebeendepped43
omfg! im so proud of you!!!!

ivebeendepped43
omg omg omg! that 1st chapter is absolutely AMAZING! SERIOUSLY! i have to read the rest of the book!!!

PIRATES=SEX
Willo your book looks amazeingg
i will try to buy it. Because if its writen by you its sure to be wonderfull
THREEE CHEERS FOR WILLLO.

willofthewisp
I'm 21, 22 in February, and thanks so much to everyone! You've all supported my writing believe it or not. Every time you compliment my little made-up scenes or read my role play scenes, I get more and more confident. I love this forum!

CaptinJackLover
me and all my friends are gonna read your book! i told them the title they were like okay lets all read it! so i will probably be telling u all the GREAT things me and my friends say about it

katelovespirate
me too. i emailed all my friends who like to read the link. smile i cant wait to read it. its so exciting!!!

willofthewisp
This is why this forum's the best. The Phantom of the Opera one I belonged to before got really mean after a while. We're like our own support group.

If any of you write a book, I will buy it to thank you for everything.

CaptinJackLover
YAY! even hto i dont think ill be writing one soon..but its still nice to know big grin

ivebeendepped43
its nice to have a forum where pretty much everyone here is nice and we support eachother so much. and we r not total jerks to people that r not originally from this forum, like OTF or GDF

PirateDiva
I Know We r Like One BiG Family/Community...lol
we have

Chiki- Therapist
Lovelyone- Lawyer (can argue her way out of anything)
Mistypirate- Fitness instructer (yoga, Pilates)
T.Maria- Teacher/Writer
Willofthewisp- Author
Piratediva- Johnny's Love/girlfriend/fiance/wife/his whole world
and so on.....lol

But i am so happy to be a part of this Forum

we even have a Forum pet for goodness sakes...ICHY!!! lol

PIRATES=SEX
IM NOT PART OF THE FAMILY??
THAT SADDENS ME:[

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by Turbo-charged
hey can you tell me what its about???I can't read a preview of it unless I'm signed up sad

yea--neither am I! please tell us about it, Willo?

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by PirateDiva
we even have a Forum pet for goodness sakes...ICHY!!! lol

LMAO!!

evilm0nki3
Yesssss lol forum pet...

willofthewisp
Don't forget Kate, the team mom! So full of humor and optimism and common sense. Pirate-sex, you can be whatever family role you want. I think you're the big sister, myself...

My book, to answer some questions, is a take-off of Snow White except in this one, she actually fights back. She knows that the queen has killed her parents and is driven away as a fugitive. Like Batman (best similarity I could come up with), she builds up her strengths when she's young so she can defeat her as an adult. She becomes a soldier to have the backing of the dwarves' army, but needs an inside man. Turns out, the queen's new huntsman wants to overthrow the queen too, so he teams up with her.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by PIRATES=SEX
IM NOT PART OF THE FAMILY??
THAT SADDENS ME:

Awwww dont be sad....i was writing that comment at like Midnight last night and was very tired....thats why i said so on i couldnt think anymore...lol

Pirates=sex- computer engineer (cause you make videos, websites etc) big grin

LOL!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Don't forget Kate, the team mom! So full of humor and optimism and common sense. Pirate-sex, you can be whatever family role you want. I think you're the big sister, myself...

My book, to answer some questions, is a take-off of Snow White except in this one, she actually fights back. She knows that the queen has killed her parents and is driven away as a fugitive. Like Batman (best similarity I could come up with), she builds up her strengths when she's young so she can defeat her as an adult. She becomes a soldier to have the backing of the dwarves' army, but needs an inside man. Turns out, the queen's new huntsman wants to overthrow the queen too, so he teams up with her.

Katelovespirates- Team Mother (puts us in our place...lol)

sparrobethroxmy
the books sounds really good and interesting ill try and look for it at barnes and noble i can't wait i just got done reading anna karenina it is a long book about love and tragedy and dispair and very suspensul but i loved it.

willofthewisp
Never read Anna Karenina. I'm glad you're loving it. I'll have to try it.

My book is now on barnesandnoble.com and on publishamerica.com for slightly cheaper than amazon.com and borders.com. If you belong to other boards, please spread the word. I wonder if KTTC people would like it.

ivebeendepped43
sweet! i cant wait 2 read it. i just read this book called "Snap" by Alison Mcghee. i seriously think it was the best book ive ever read. it was amazing~!

a-k-a-amber
OMG!!! this is... well the first chappie is awsome! im going to buy it and i just got b-day money so im headed to amazon to order it... well when i get home... but i will... i promise! big grin and im a bit depressed i'm not part of the familia either... we're proud of ya willo!

willofthewisp
You are part of the family, amber, what would you like to be? I think you should be the crazy aunt. Everyone loves when the crazy aunt comes over. Thanks for buying my book.

ivebeendepped43
lol! i have 2 wait ill it is released in stores cuz my mom doesnt like ordering stuff off the internet...not safe in her opinion

evilm0nki3
I'll have to wait too... maybe smile

Will it be in Wal-Mart one day???

a-k-a-amber
ooo i'll be the crazy aunt! that sounds like fun! im zaney! lol my prof. used that word today in class

ivebeendepped43
lol i luv that word!

willofthewisp
My publisher told me it's hitting stores Jan 8, so I'm trying to get bookstores around me and my old high school to buy a few copies. I don't know where exactly it will be distributed, though. Not yet. It's on amazon.com, borders.com, barnesandnoble.com, and publishamerica.com among other smaller online book dealers.

ivebeendepped43
im gonna go check it out on Borders.com. u should sign a few copies and sell them 2 us!

katelovespirate
Willo, i'm buying your book for like all my friends for Christmas this year. i LOVE it. smile so what gave you the idea? were any of the characters modeled off people in your life?

willofthewisp
hmm, that's a question I need to really rehearse my answer for. A lot of me is in it, if that makes sense. I think an author's personality comes out in any book.
No, no one in my life is really inspiration for the main characters, but the supporting ones. The grandpa in it is loosely based on mine, etc.

To tie it back to POTC, Jack kind of weaned me away from really brooding, dark and disturbed "heroes," like the Phantom of the Opera and those. It was so refreshing to see a hero who wasn't self-obsessed and wasn't afraid to laugh at himself. It just seemed more real and I tried to put that into my characters. It's too exhausting to be deep and brooding all the time.

willofthewisp
PS: Thanks for buying my book!

katelovespirate
mmm... interesting! i never really thought about it that way. makes sense... it changes everything, when people are able to laugh at themselves. i have bad habits of taking things too seriously, i should work on that. hahaha.

willofthewisp
I don't know what it was. It was something else besides the obvious crush I have on Jack. ha ha ha. Jack just seemed so much more realistic than other things I was into because of his humor. He makes fun of himself quite a bit and all it does is show a confidence about him. He may not be confident about everything (love life), but he has a confidence in himself, that he can accomplish most things if he is smart enough. It was just the marriage of competence/intelligence and the excellent clumsiness/erring sides of him that made him a character I wish I'd written up.

willofthewisp
I guess I'm saying in a nutshell part of Jack's sexiness is that he's okay with himself. He's not obsessing about what's not right with him. He takes things as they come and I wanted to put that kind of attitude in my characters.

ivebeendepped43
I NEED 2 BUY THIS BOOK!

PirateDiva
Me Too!!!

ivebeendepped43
gosh i luved that first chapter, seriously!

Bwa Ha Ha
Who am I?

IheartPocky
You are a gecko.

I'm sorry. It must be hard.

Bwa Ha Ha
No, i meant they were commenting on crazy aunts and such

a-k-a-amber
*confused*

Bwa Ha Ha
u talked about crazy aunts. go back one page

IheartPocky
oh i get it lol. it hought you were being randomsmile

I wanna know who I am, too! hehe

Bwa Ha Ha
mmhmm....so who r we?

ivebeendepped43
im SO gonna buy this book 2day!!

willofthewisp
I love you!

-savvychick-
is it in stores yet?

willofthewisp
Supposed to come out the 8th, but I don't know to what stores. It's doing worse, as is to be expected since it's just online, but I'm not giving up. It's going to break records!

-savvychick-
duh!!!!!!

my mom told me i could order it todaybig grin yay!!

sailorleo
i looked for it like a week ago at a book store, wasn't there yet, but i was thinking of you abby!

Barker
Spam, though it's cool that you're getting a book published.

Congrats. Maybe I'll check it out. herbeyes

akanai
Woooow~! It's amazing! Congratulations dear ^0^

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by -savvychick-
duh!!!!!!

my mom told me i could order it todaybig grin yay!! omg! i JUST noticed ur b-day is a day b4 Lily'Rose's! wow! and my mom just said i could order it 2!! yay!!

willofthewisp
Thanks for all your support, guys. I need to contact my publisher because I found out Barnes&Noble and Borders won't actually have them in the stores, although you can go in and order it from them. That way you don't have to do online buying. I don't know why this is yet, but if enough people want to order them, than they might supply them in the store. It's a business that sets up people for failure, as I've found out, so I want to say I really appreciate the KMC's support and encouragement. You guys are great! Remember, you can order the book from the stores.

-savvychick-
o really?? we'll prolly do that thenbig grin cuz my mom waz nervous about the whole online ordering thing...lol

willofthewisp
Yeah, just go to the store and request it. Say you're president of my fan club and you know a whole bunch of other people who will be really pissed that it's not in the stores.

Clerk: There's a fan club for this author?
You: You bet your sweet ass there is! It's only collecting more members like Captain Jack Sparrow collects fangirls.

-savvychick-
LOL!!

i would do that too....if my mom wasnt with me...big grin

PirateDiva
Yeah, just go to the store and request it. Say you're president of my fan club and you know a whole bunch of other people who will be really pissed that it's not in the stores.

Clerk: There's a fan club for this author?
You: You bet your sweet ass there is! It's only collecting more members like Captain Jack Sparrow collects fangirls.

LOL....Will Do.....i'll take friends with PICKET signs and stand outside Barnes & Noble and be like "We DeMand Willo's BooK!!!"...lol!

willofthewisp
That's the kind of love I didn't get from the Phantom of the Opera board!
"I love the Phantom." "I love Raoul."

Willo: (squeaks in) Uh, I'm a budding writer trying to make it in a cruel world.

"I love the Phantom. I love Raoul."

sailorleo
willo, i adore you, when you're freakishly famous, i still will beacuse then i can go "WE BLOGGED TOGETHER!!! WEEE!!! SHE'S SAILORLEO/NORRIE shipper!"....

IheartPocky
Oh, that would be neat-o. lol

I know a celebrity cool

ivebeendepped43
lol! I do too! really. well, i dont fully know them, but we've met, and we talk. but u guys wouldnt know him. hes a mormon actor.

IheartPocky
he's not kirby is he? i think thats his namesmile

i cant wait to see Pirates of the Great Salt Lake eek!

willofthewisp
Pirates of the Great Salt Lake? Like having the Mormon Tabernacle Choir start pillaging a random village?

willofthewisp
Guys! You have to help me! I have 3 reviews for my book on amazon and only 2 of them are good! Some dick decided to trash my book even though they didn't spend any money to buy it. They just read chapter 1 on my website. Second, they only read one chapter! They have this vendetta against me. Please, if you've read any of my book at all, please go on amazon.com and leave a review. It doesn't have to be 5-star, just something that says it isn't drivel that makes people want to vomit.

surfchikpir8fan
Just ignore that dick! Don't someone has gone and bashed them in a review. I live in Australia but I don't know if they sell it here. Don't worry, I am for sure looking and can't wait too read it. CONGRATULATIONS WILLO I'm soooooo proud of you!

surfchikpir8fan
I got onto your site but it's private. Dang, I wanted to read the first chapter and try those quizzes ... anyway - I"M SOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU WILLO!

PirateDiva
Guys! You have to help me! I have 3 reviews for my book on amazon and only 2 of them are good! Some dick decided to trash my book even though they didn't spend any money to buy it. They just read chapter 1 on my website. Second, they only read one chapter! They have this vendetta against me. Please, if you've read any of my book at all, please go on amazon.com and leave a review. It doesn't have to be 5-star, just something that says it isn't drivel that makes people want to vomit.

You know there is always going to be some idiot...who wants to go around and put other ppl down because deep down inside they are not satisfied with themselves! That guy has no life! I hate ppl like that!

surfchikpir8fan
Don't worry, that horrible has only ever posted bad comments on other things. I looked at their other reviews, all bagging the item out. Don't worry about. There will always be people like that.

willofthewisp
"I got onto your site but it's private. Dang, I wanted to read the first chapter and try those quizzes ... anyway - I"M SOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU WILLO!"-----surfchik

Thanks, guys. It means a lot. As for the website being private, that shouldn't be. I haven't gone on there for a long time. Let me try it.

willofthewisp
Hmm, I got on it without any problems. Are you sure you did www.freewebs.com/willofthewisp1? You should be able to click on anything you want.

surfchikpir8fan
YES YES YE SIT'S WORKING THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU WILLO!

willofthewisp
Aw, does that mean you like it?

surfchikpir8fan
I LOVE THE SITE, IT'S SO COOL! *Sorry about the caps* In the pirates quiz I got Will, and I'm happy with that though, Will is a mad character, and a sweet guy!

AND YOUR BOOK IS AWESOME! WHY CAN'T I FIND IT!? sad

willofthewisp
Because I'm a small fish in an ocean in the book company. Go to amazon.com and order it off of there or physically go to a Borders or Barnes&Noble and have them order it for you. You can also go to PublishAmerica.com and order it online a little cheaper than at amazon. Happy hunting.

ivebeendepped43
what college do u go 2?

willofthewisp
Purdue

willofthewisp
If anyone lives in an area where they have the radio station B102.9, they are going to advertise my book on there. It is an amazing minute-long spiel they wrote. I'll be able to tell you soon the times it will be on if anyone has access to it.

surfchikpir8fan
I live in Australia, that's all ...

willofthewisp
Book's still out. Tell your friends!

ivebeendepped43
jesus, why cant i have a book store near my house?!

willofthewisp
If you can order it online, do that. A friend here in town with me said she went to Borders to order it and they wouldn't do that for her, but I know for a fact Barnes and Noble will. So I'm really mad at Borders right now. Good luck hunting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.