Shang Chi vs. Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
mad Shang Chi Master of Kung Fu vs. Danny Rand aka Iron Fist...no prep time in dark ally.

Alfheim
I think Iron Fist would probably win 6/7 - 10

Soljer
Iron Fist rocks the world of street levellers. Guy's insane, and gets NO respect. no sad

norrinradd43
I agree, Iron Fist has given deadpool all he can handle there for he takes this from Shang Chi even with Nunchucks 4/5 times

TricksterPriest
Gotta go with the majority. Iron Fist fights almost even with Deadpool. Iron Fist makes Shang Chi his prison *****.

Daredevil1
t

No offense but besides you the other two posters are going with IF in this thread. As am I.

IF 6-7/10 because of the IF technique.

Now in just pure martial arts hand to hand Shang 6/10

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
Iron Fist rocks the world of street levellers. Guy's insane, and gets NO respect. no sad
he does not rock the world how ever he top tier, but so is shang-chi this match be close shang-chi may hold a skill edge how ever IF amping abilities are better

Alfheim
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Gotta go with the majority. Iron Fist fights almost even with Deadpool. Iron Fist makes Shang Chi his prison *****.

He wins but hes not making anyone his *****

olympian
Danny after a rough battle, mainly because of the tiebraker that is the "iron Fist" raw power.

Take that advantage and Shang gets the nod.

Soljer
Ehhh, I dunno, I'd say they are near-equals in actual skill. Hell, Iron Fist took out the Cat once without ever using the Iron Fist move.

Besides that, when Iron Fist amps hismelf with Chi, he amps up to near-Spiderman levels of speed - the guy was weaving through bullets by FRACTIONS of an inch. Imagine how fast you have to be to dodge multiple bullets by a distance of the caliber of the actual bullet.

Not to mention the Iron Fist move itself, which DEFINITELY clinches the match .

I'd give Iron Fist probably 8/10 in a fight.

In a strictly hand to hand Scenario (no Iron Fist), I'd give him 7/10 based on his superior amping abilities.

In a strictly skill match(without any chi usage), I'd put it dead even, 5/10 to each.

Alfheim
Ehhh, I dunno, I'd say they are near-equals in actual skill. Hell, Iron Fist took out the Cat once without ever using the Iron Fist move.

Was it an easy fight?

Besides that, when Iron Fist amps hismelf with Chi, he amps up to near-Spiderman levels of speed - the guy was weaving through bullets by FRACTIONS of an inch. Imagine how fast you have to be to dodge multiple bullets by a distance of the caliber of the actual bullet.

Thats could still be conisdered to be peak human.....

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Alfheim
Thats could still be conisdered to be peak human.....

No it couldn't. That kind of speed is superhuman. No peak human could perform THAT kind of speed feat.

Soljer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
No it couldn't. That kind of speed is superhuman. No peak human could perform THAT kind of speed feat.

Dodging a barrage of bullets to within a quarter of an inch? Yeah, that is quite a bit beyond what Captain America and Daredevil do.

norrinradd43
do you guys think that it was the real matt murdock that just got arrested in CW 5...or do u think it was Iron Fist...I think it was the Real Daredevil because of the religious reference at the end

capt it up
just to make this clear shang-chi can amp his abilities to superhuman levels as well

Soljer
Originally posted by capt it up
just to make this clear shang-chi can amp his abilities to superhuman levels as well

I'm aware, but I think that the feats I've seen from Iron Fist are a bit more impressive than Shang Chi's.

capt it up
I'm aware, but I think that the feats I've seen from Iron Fist are a bit more impressive than Shang Chi's.
Not sure both have some impressive feats how ever I believe IF takes a good majority if allowed to use his if ability. with out that ability I could see it as a even slipt or a slight majority to IF due to the fact he can amp his strength and I have enevr seen shang-chi do that.

jrodslam
Originally posted by norrinradd43
do you guys think that it was the real matt murdock that just got arrested in CW 5...or do u think it was Iron Fist...I think it was the Real Daredevil because of the religious reference at the end

It was Fist who got captured. The DD IF switch has been quite confusing, but if you read Civil War: Choosing Sides, it gives you an idea of what went on.

Dangerous
No ki/superpowerstuff, only skill vs skill.
Who wins?

jasonk3
Shang Chi wins

Dangerous
Easily, or wins a hard fight, or just wins with a little challenge?

jasonk3
Originally posted by Dangerous
Easily, or wins a hard fight, or just wins with a little challenge?

Hard fight, but shang chi wins in the end...atleast in my opinion blink

Dangerous
But are they not generally seen as equals in skill?

jasonk3
But are they not generally seen as equals in skill?

I think so, I'm not to sure...I would say SHang Chi is a lil more skilled. Again thats just my opinion though.

Alfheim
No IF wins in the end. Theres a scan of them fighting ech other..they are pretty equal but its seems when IF pulled out his...Iron Fist he could have killed Shang.

IF's Iron Fist gives him the winning edge.

Dangerous
No IF wins in the end. Theres a scan of them fighting ech other..they are pretty equal but its seems when IF pulled out his...Iron Fist he could have killed Shang.

I said no Ki/Chi/Superpower stuffwink

Who had the winningedge before he did that?

jasonk3

They're not allowed to use their powers. We're they using their powers in that scan?

Alfheim
Originally posted by jasonk3
They're not allowed to use their powers. We're they using their powers in that scan?

Ah ok its a stalemate from what I could see. None of them were using any powers until IF pulled out his IF but instead of using it on Shang used it on some bad guys instead.

http://img162.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=24271_shangi1_122_511lo.jpg
http://img103.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=24276_shangi2_122_371lo.jpg
http://img165.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=24283_shangi3_122_471lo.jpg
http://img141.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=24288_shangi4_122_469lo.jpg

After reading the scans it states they are holding back but there is one specfic incidence where IF lunges at him for real but Shnag still dodges but that is just one punch.

Dangerous
Then, Shang Chi is more skilled, as Iron Fist used knifes, which had to change his opponents style more defensive.

Alfheim
Then, Shang Chi is more skilled, as Iron Fist used knifes, which had to change his opponents style more defensive.

Er no IF didnt use a knife in that fight....your looking at somebody else.

Dangerous
Oh, ok, i just have a hard time looking at blach/white pictures sometimeswink

guy222
Originally posted by jasonk3
Shang Chi wins

cosigned

Soljer
Draw. 50/50.

Assuming that they are both allowed to use chi, it'd go to Danny before Shang.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Shang Chi is more skilled but I think Danny can eake out a victory.

Daredevil1
If its just pure skill with there own natural energy/focus. Then Shang 6/10

If Danny is allowed to used the mystical energies of the Dragon especially for the Ironfist technique.

Danny 7-8/10

Spankyham
No chi punch...
Who wins?

guy222
Originally posted by Spankyham
No chi punch...
Who wins?

shang

Soljer
While some have claimed that Chi is more skilled, in direct confrontations they have been portrayed as equals.

Not to mention the fact that Danny kicked the utter SHIT out of Shen Kuei.

While their skill is approximately equal, Danny has better chi control, and can use his chi to amp to much more impressive levels. Even without the Iron Fist, I think Rand'd take this match. It'd be VERY close, though.

Daredevil1
Without the IF techniques.

Shang 6-7/10 Fights are close every time.

long pig
IF already beat him.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by long pig
IF already beat him.

To my knowledge IF beat the Cat.

He only stalemated Shang-Chi.

Soljer
Originally posted by Daredevil1
To my knowledge IF beat the Cat.

He only stalemated Shang-Chi.

Correction; IF STOMPED the Cat.

stick out tongue.

guy222
danny

tkitna
IF

Gecko4lif
shang is iron man level iron is good but not that good

Erik-Lensherr
IF

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Gecko4lif

what are you babling about?

JasonK4
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
blink

Soljer
Perhaps he's confusing Temugin/Mandarin and Shang.

Citizen V
Perhaps he's confusing Temugin/Mandarin and Shang.

I think he's just an idiot.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Citizen V

cosigned. he thinks deadpool is the best fighter in comics lol.

JasonK4
Originally posted by Citizen V
laughing out loud

GenoBreaker
I know IF beat Cat in H4H, but personally I think they really nerfed his character in the final two issues by making him behave completely out of character and look like an evil Namor. Of course, my opinion doesn't really change the fact it happened.

However, more recently in Cable & Deadpool, Shen Kuei (Cat) managed to beat Deadpool pretty badly during their first encounter. He did comment about not surviving another battle with him, or vice versa, but in a fight between the two later in the same issue, Deadpool was unable to beat him and had to resort to taking a hostage.

In the same series Deadpool has squared off against Iron Fist twice, and without his iron fist, Deadpool matched him fairly evenly. In fact, he didn't seem to take the two fights they had seriously at all because of his healing factor. In their first confrontation he was busy proving Weasel's innocence, and in the second (where IF was under the guise of Daredevil), Deadpool literally stated that he was simply a "nuisance".

But the whole point here is that on a good day, Shen Kuei is on par with Shang Chi and on a bad day, he's just slightly his lesser.

As for IF dodging bullets, Shang managed to pull off some impressive bullet dodging maneuvers himself. In his MAX series, he managed to dodge several shots fired from behind him and no more than a meter away. Judging by the way he dodges after the bullets leave the chamber, it was definitely an on-the-spot reflex. There are also countless times where he deflects bullets using his bracers.

Now strictly between Danny and Shang, they have fought in the past where both were manipulated by a villain. Although both revealed they were holding back, Iron Fist lunged in with his "flamin' fist" at one point and Shang easily dodged it. There are also countless times Shang has been referred to as the best empty handed fighter/martial artist throughout his appearances in Marvel Knights, and even Black Panther unintentionally offends Luke Cage by telling him that "Shang-chi is the master."

Finally I want to bring up Iron Fist's brief scuffle with Hiroim of Hulk's Warbound. I believe Hiroim commented on Danny's strength when he used the iron fist, but nevetheless easily incapacitated him. Shang faced Hiroim as well in H4H and although didn't fair much better, actually blocked Hiroim's attack and at one point, the latter was using both hands to push down on Shang who was still standing his ground. Keep in mind Hiroim is a guy who other heroes have stated to be as strong as the Hulk before they uberly pissed him off.

Anyway, I'm just rambling on. Apologies for the massive post, but in all honesty I think that with the iron fist, both are pretty even. The problem is Shang knows about Danny's ability and would make it a priority to not let Danny execute the move properly. A lot of people just don't seem to respect Shang as much as other heroes and it's understandable given he lacks any distinct super powers, but it's still unfair.

tjcoady
Personally, I believe that Shang Chi might be superior, completely skill-wise, the technique that Iron Fist is mastering in his own series puts him over the edge in an actual fight.

and just as a side-note, does anyone know if the Iron Fist series ends after the Seven Cities of Heaven Tournament? Is it going to be an all out ongoing? I hope so.

torelli121
who will win

rotiart
Tbh I've always felt iron fist was the superior... Like it would take Shang hi and daredevil to pose a real challenge...

My opinion says if takes it 9/10

torelli121
i really think shang chi is the better fighter

rotiart
We agree to disagree. I thin of his opponents in kun lun who were the best of the best... And I really can't see how hang chi would stack up

torelli121
shang chi has many amazing feats defeating great fighters with easy and there was a fight between shang chi and iron fist and shang chi had the upper hand

rotiart
Hrm. Really? I don't remember them even fighting. And is that before or after iron fists recent upgrade?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Iron Fist.

Oh, this preview makes Iron Fist look badass:

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=3614&disp=table

Wonder how they managed to capture him though.

Prep-Man
toss up.

dmills
Originally posted by torelli121
shang chi has many amazing feats defeating great fighters with easy and there was a fight between shang chi and iron fist and shang chi had the upper hand

That was a long time ago. IF would make Chi look like a jobber now.

torelli121
Originally posted by dmills
That was a long time ago. IF would make Chi look like a jobber now.

based on what? your speculations and hopes? shang chi show great dagree of skills and even black panther himself admited that in the world of martial arts shang chi is above iron fist

AsbestosFlaygon
Been done to death.

IF took the majority decision.

torelli121
shang chi is the better fighter

rotiart
based on what? your speculations and hopes? shang chi show great dagree of skills and even black panther himself admited that in the world of martial arts shang chi is above iron fist

when or where did black panther say this?

torelli121
Originally posted by rotiart

http://a.imagehost.org/view/0781/blz19

dmills
Originally posted by rotiart

A long time ago. Before Danny's current amped level. They've actually fought each other fairly evenly DECADES ago, but IF was nowhere near the level he's at right now.

dmills
shang chi is the better fighter Looks like you already had your mind made up, why start the thread?

dmills
based on what? your speculations and hopes? shang chi show great dagree of skills and even black panther himself admited that in the world of martial arts shang chi is above iron fist That was what, 5-6 years ago? Ancient history in comic time. A lot has happened since then.

torelli121
That was what, 5-6 years ago? Ancient history in comic time. A lot has happened since then.

so?do you have anything better to go by? shang chi is the more skilled fighter in many ways

jalek moye
so?do you have anything better to go by? shang chi is the more skilled fighter in many ways

How so.

and also Iron fist has more power output

torelli121
shang chi is numerously adventive in this area of fighting which means as far as acknowledge the chi energy and as far as deform the leaked direction shang chi will just use it better and therefor he is also the better chi commander and a better martial artist then iron fist

dmills
^^^ Based on what exactly?

TheDraga
Shang Chi

dmills
Iron Fist

TheDraga
Shang Chi the better fighter overall

dmills
Nah. They were fairly evenly matched when they fought years ago. IF has had a HUGE upgrade both in power and skill since that time. Check his respect thread. He's basically a supernatural force now.

CortSether
Shang-Chi vs Iron Fist in a hand to hand match (no powers for iron fist).

Who takes the cake? Happy Dance

Wild Shadow
Shang chi. i like him better besides t'challa said so. stick out tongue

Battlehammer
no powers? does that include chi amping?

CortSether
Originally posted by Battlehammer
no powers? does that include chi amping?

It's a battle of pure hand to hand skill.

Juk3n
Split.

Battlehammer
so your asking who more skilled?

Becuase having them fight h2h does not really decide who more skilled, when you have high level chi ampers like them selfs.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Juk3n
Split.
I go with Shang-chi, I believe he might have a slight skill advantage, but really I think what gives him the edge here is his defensive abilities that IF seems to lack.

Harbinger
Shang Chi, 6/10.

Magneto1982
The Master of Kung-Fu ftw!

dmills
Danny. Even without chi amping his blows are still powerful enough to put Cage down. He's in another league now.

Lord_Talron
heres the real question. since this is purely hand to hand; is rand's style of martial arts an internal form or an external form. because a master of internal form will always best one of an external form. if they are both kung fu (cant remember what exactly iron fists form is >&ltwink, since it is a defensive style, the one who attacks first will most likely lose

Lord_Talron
Danny. Even without chi amping his blows are still powerful enough to put Cage down. He's in another league now. martial arts are about more than just raw power. please consider that

Mindset
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
heres the real question. since this is purely hand to hand; is rand's style of martial arts an internal form or an external form. huh?

And yes, IF uses Kung Fu, but he knows other styles.

Lord_Talron
internal forms of martial arts > external forms.

in otherwords, forms of martial arts that spend a lot of time conditioning the mind as well as the body (any martial art that has chi at the end) kung fu as well, prepare the user for fighting better than a form thats is more externally focused on just the physical aspects

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Mindset
huh?

And yes, IF uses Kung Fu, but he knows other styles. what other styles does he kno; same for mr chi

Mindset
Are you talking about in comics?

Mindset
what other styles does he kno; same for mr chi Well, he was mimicking DD's style, so ninjitsu, boxing, etc.

Lord_Talron
Are you talking about in comics? no, this is irl. pretty fascinating, huh?

Mindset
no, this is irl. pretty fascinating, huh? I guess.

Are there any forms of MA that don't condition mind and body?

Lord_Talron
i seriously doubt it. but different forms have different levels of mind conditioning. take shaolin kung fu. all that crazy stuff they do is done while in an intense state of zen meditation

Lord_Talron
looked up shang-chi on wikipedia for whatever thats worth. apparently, altho his skill in kung-fu is high he is not mentioned to have knowledge in any other martial arts. so id say this fight would go to danny as knowing more than one martial art is > to knowing just one. and id venture that danny is good enough to pull off a win

dmills
Danny is a master of all the martial arts of kun lun as well as several earth styles. He also has mastered the secrets of all previous Iron Fists.

the ninjak
Danny fists Chang...

falcon_shot
Originally posted by the ninjak
Danny fists Chang...

are you talking about fisting? no expression

the ninjak
snicker

chichihittinggoku or 555

Either way Danny wins!

falcon_shot
shang chi shangs his ass

dmills
Shang get's... Shung.

falcon_shot
shang puts his shong inside dany ftw

dmills
Danny chi charge back hands the Shong right back into Shang's ass.

Battlehammer
Danny is a master of all the martial arts of kun lun as well as several earth styles. He also has mastered the secrets of all previous Iron Fists.
He learned some not all of the secrets.....

thanos-prime
Iron fist ftw

carver9
Who wins?

Mindset
Iron Fist

jalek moye
Iron Fist

carver9
Take this however you want. I know what I got from it.

http://a.imagehost.org/view/0996/blz19

Mindset
Being the master of kung fu isn't going to mean much when you're getting an iron fist rammed down your throat.

Also, BP doesn't know shit.

guy222
danny

jalek moye
Originally posted by carver9
Take this however you want. I know what I got from it.

http://a.imagehost.org/view/0996/blz19

Shang does more standard kung fu story stuff to my knowledge so it isn't surprising that the martial arts community respects him more. But still Danny is more powerful, more versatile and just as skilled as him.

Him being considered the master doesn't mean much here.

Magneto1982
Close fight, but Iron Fist 7/10.

SasuOna
Iron Fist is not more skilled then Shang Chi, hell most of the time he has to use his iron fist to even come close to some of the things Shang has done.

Trackz
shang chi is more skilled, but Ironfist still puts him down.

YFZ 350
Iron Fist.

srankmissingnin
Shang-Chi seals Danny's chi with the Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms. evil face

Daredevil1
Danny 7/10

Magneto1982
Originally posted by SasuOna
Iron Fist is not more skilled then Shang Chi, hell most of the time he has to use his iron fist to even come close to some of the things Shang has done.

While Shang-Chi does have some awesome feats, I don't think Iron Fist would struggle against Thing & Hirom like he did.

srankmissingnin
Hiroim had the Oldpower to rival the Hulk in physical confrontations. He would have stomped Danny into the ground just as easily as he did Shang-Chi.

iceman24567
Rand uses the Iron fist and Shang ends up koed on a unknown planet

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Shang-Chi seals Danny's chi with the Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms. evil face

the ninjak
Shang struggled in the recent Secret Avengers whereas Danny would have destroyed.

BruceSkywalker
good match, but Rand 8/10

JakeTheBank
Danny Rand

Q99
Close in skill, but one has Chi. Especially post-Immortal Iron Fist.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99
Close in skill, but one has Chi. Especially post-Immortal Iron Fist.

They both have Chi, only one has the Chi of Shou Lao the Undying. Shang-Chi is even the person that Danny brings in to talk about channeling and application of Chi to his youth karate class.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Magneto1982

While Shang-Chi does have some awesome feats, I don't think Iron Fist would struggle against Thing & Hirom like he did.
Hiroim was Hulk Level anda Sorceror with the old power so yeah. Also Danny did get pwned by Hiroim, He hurt him and than got pwned when he decided to take him more seriously.

carver9
Let's say if this was a none chi fight, just straight H2H... who would win?

ringtones
Originally posted by the ninjak
Shang struggled in the recent Secret Avengers whereas Danny would have destroyed.

whats the issue number? do you have scans?

Mindset
Iron Fist is not more skilled then Shang Chi, hell most of the time he has to use his iron fist to even come close to some of the things Shang has done. Not true.

Shang isn't more skilled than Danny in hth either.

They both have Chi, only one has the Chi of Shou Lao the Undying. Shang-Chi is even the person that Danny brings in to talk about channeling and application of Chi to his youth karate class. Iirc he brought in Fat Cobra too.

ringtones
i see shang chi as the more skilled one but iron fist has the deadly iron fist so i must go with him

Dum Dum Dugan
They both have Chi, only one has the Chi of Shou Lao the Undying. Shang-Chi is even the person that Danny brings in to talk about channeling and application of Chi to his youth karate class.
yea in fact Shang-chi used a Chi attack years if not over a decade before danny ever did.

ringtones
shang chi is the best MA guy for me i just love the way he fights and acts he is a bad ass , and of course his resemblance to bruce lee and liu kang

jalek moye
Let's say if this was a none chi fight, just straight H2H... who would win?

amping or just straight no chi induced base level?

carver9
Originally posted by jalek moye
amping or just straight no chi induced base level?

Just a straight up fight with no chi or amping.

Badabing
Who wins? Use the search Carver. sneer

jalek moye
Just a straight up fight with no chi or amping. Well Danny's physical abilities come from his chi as well so think

Shang Chi then. I think Shang is much tougher than a chi-less Danny and just as good if not slightly better.

Mindset
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
yea in fact Shang-chi used a Chi attack years if not over a decade before danny ever did. Where are you getting this?

Originally posted by jalek moye
Well Danny's physical abilities come from his chi as well so think

Shang Chi then. I think Shang is much tougher than a chi-less Danny and just as good if not slightly better. So do Shang's.

Take away their chi and they're dead.

DEAD!

Uriel005
Recently Danny has been impressing me if not outright pissing me off with his chi shenanigans.

joesha28
I see Shang chi's slightly better in skill.

Dum Dum Dugan
Where are you getting this?

Sorry that was supose to say chi range attack. Not melee oriented one like the IF.

SamZED
bump. evil face

the ninjak
Shang Chi should be a slightly better melee'er but Rand has the power to win this.

Owningyoufast

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>