Kyle Katarn versus Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dessel
Saber battle, setting is on the invisible hand in the control room. This is ROTS Count Dooku versus current Kyle Katarn.

Darth Sexiest
Damn, not a bad thread.

I guess I'd say Kyle, but only because he's so advanced by now...

And Dooku gives Kyle the fight of his life.

Darth Sexiest
This was spam.

Prodigal Knight
Sexist, stop with the Romance crap! You posted it in every single thread lOl!!!

Both were Battlemaster's and highly trained warriors. Dooku is the supreme master of Makashi, and Luke was a master of all the NJO forms. Didn't Luke say Kyle was as good as him in the lightsaber?

I'm not really sure about this. I am leaning towards Kyle, though Dooku can most certainly win.

Darth Sexiest
Sorry, heh, I just thought it was sooo funny! embarrasment stick out tongue

Unfortunately, as much as I hate to say, Dooku won't have much of a chance against LotF Kyle.

He would pretty much beat Dooku without too much trouble...

Captain REX
Funny as that was, that was spam, no need to do that.

Darth Sexiest
I will commit Seppuku at once...

Captain REX
Go for it, and stay on topic.

Darth Sexiest
Well...uh... sad ....If you....say so... messed

I'll die though...

I won't be able to post anymore...but ok...here goes...

Darth Sexiest
I love you Darth Sexy...

You were the best apprentice a deranged Dark Lord could ever have...

Darth Sexiest
Goodbye...cruel Galaxy...

cry

death

Darth Sexiest
*Is now dead*

Captain REX
And yet you continue to spam. Knock it off.

Darth Subjekt
*awaits Ox to rush to Dooku's defense with his "ultimate refinement in lightsaber..." jargon* stick out tongue

Rampant ox
Lol. Under normal circumstances I would, but I dont know anything about Katarn. I guess Dooku will just have to win by default. wink

Darth Subjekt
LOL...leave it to Ox....boy i love you like i love the hair on my ass!

btw...Kyle take this for reasons already posted. if he can contend with Luke, Dooku stands no chance.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
LOL...leave it to Ox....boy i love you like i love the hair on my ass!

What the f**k?

Dessel
LOL exactly!

Darth Sexiest
LOl....

Oops....Im supposed to be dead.

Ahem...

rip

darthsith19
Kyle was beating Sidious in the NJO Kyle vs. ROTS Sidious thread, and if he can beat Sidious he can beat Dooku, plus this is current Kyle, who I'm guessing is even stronger than NJO Kyle. Anyways, they'd probably be tied with the Force but Kyle is superior with a lightsaber so he'd win.

Darth Subjekt
I was meaning i dont really love my ass hairs, but i acknowledge they are there for a reason.

Nikkolas
Did Kyle even do anything of importance in NJO?

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Did Kyle even do anything of importance in NJO?

Nope. They barely even mentioned him at all. I definately don't see him beating Dooku.

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by darthsith19
Anyways, they'd probably be tied with the Force but Kyle is superior with a lightsaber so he'd win.

I'd say Its the other way around...

Btw, I transfered my spirit into a clone body. big grin

So Im back! eek!

You dun get to be Dark Lord no more Sexy!!!

Nyah, Nyah, Nyah!!! stick out tongue

Dessel
I'm pretty sure Sexy left, so methinks you need a new apprentice.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by darthsith19
Kyle was beating Sidious in the NJO Kyle vs. ROTS Sidious thread, and if he can beat Sidious he can beat Dooku, plus this is current Kyle, who I'm guessing is even stronger than NJO Kyle. Anyways, they'd probably be tied with the Force but Kyle is superior with a lightsaber so he'd win.

What has Kyle ever done to put him on par with Dooku in the Force and better than him in lightsaber combat?

darthsith19
Defeated Jerec and like five other Dark jedi with basically no training, maybe. And defeated Desann when even Luke couldn't (puts him above DE Luke right there).

Escape81
It puts him above DE Luke?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Escape81
It puts him above DE Luke?
Well, he beat Desann. Desann beat JO Luke. JO takes place 8 years after ROTJ while Dark Empire takes place 6 years after. So unless Luke gets weaker after DE, which doesn't make sense, then yes, Kyle Katarn > DE Luke. And I think all of us here would agree that DE Luke is stronger than Dooku, and most of us would put him above Yoda and ROTS Sidious, too.

Rampant ox
But that is a huge A>B>C argument. I dont buy it.

Tangible God
For all intents and purposes, Kyle Katarn would defeat Count Dooku in battle any day. And I am basing that on absolutely nothing.

Prodigal Knight
Kyle defeated seven Dark Jedi with very little training. Master Qu Rahn described one of the Dark Jedi Sariss as such:

"Out of all the Dark Jedi I have met, Sariss is the one I can say... I fear. Powerful, strong in both the physical and mental arenas of the Force, she is a master, a perfectionist, quiet and reserved. This makes her a very dangerous foe."

And yet Kyle kills her. Jerec is more powerful than Sariss, so do you know how powerful Kyle is if he can kill Jerec?

And after spending years not evening touching the Force and Lightsaber, he goes and kills Desaan and Tavion. Luke Skywalker described Desaan as one of the strongest in the Order's next generation.

In addition, Kyle is battemaster of the NJO. Obviously due to the NJO's high standard of Force strength and saber skills, he must be pretty competant in the blade.

I definately see Kyle taking this.

Advent
Originally posted by Advent
Now, while that's impressive, Kyle has far more under his belt, and the fact he was able to do it with little to no real Jedi training - a neophyte - it only adds to the fact. He was able to defeat Sariss. She is a very formidable duelist, she is second only to Jerec out of everyone during that time, and she was a master lightsaber user as noted by Qu Rahn "Out of all the Dark Jedi I have met, Sariss is the one I can say I fear. Powerful, strong in both the physical and mental arenas of the Force, she is a master, a perfectionist, quiet and reserved. This makes her a very dangerous foe." And keep in mind Qu Rahn is the guy who was able to singlehandedly cut Maw in half even while being vastly outnumbered. He's no pushover.

He also faced against Boc the Cruda, the insane Twi'lek that Jerec had picked, so we can obviously gauge he was powerful. He used dual lightsabers, and used an unorthodox style as well, which as far as I recall, was said to "slay many Jedi". As well, he took on Pic and Gorc, two "brothers" who were described as: "Pic is the energy and Gorc, the counter. They are the clashing balance of opposites: one, the voice; the other, the body. This combination is deadly." And we do know Pic and Gorc are deadly. They are like the Dark Jedi version of how Mace and Depa are described, "making up for each others' weaknesses".

As well, there was also Yun, who was young and somewhat inexperienced, but nonetheless powerful, being described as "a dangerous and unpredictable foe." And finally - for lightsaber combat - there's Maw, who's only half a body anyways, but is still described as a "strong and formidable foe". He uses Trispzest lightsaber form, and he is a strong duelist in any case. Kyle also took on Mara Jade with no training either, and while she may not be near the best - she is still decent. Given what we know of Kyle, and the fact he's now a fully trained Jedi Master - I honestly don't see Ulic beating him.

And now he is a fully trained Jedi Master, and battle master - lightsaber instructor - of the New Jedi Order.

And we can also add to the fact that he did defeat Desann, where Luke had not. Not that Kyle > Luke or anything, he just was able to defeat him.

When you take into account that he did this with little to no training, the only he's had is from his fencing days (which isn't very inclusive of being trained well enough to combat fully trained Dark Jedi, and Jedi Masters turned Dark Jedi), and the like - it becomes substantially more impressive. And since then, it's obvious he's improved as he was named the battle master of the New Jedi Order, in addition to being fully trained. So, assuming that he could do all of these as a simple neophyte, I'd wager he could probably best Count Dooku; albeit, through a hard fight.

Escape81
Originally posted by Advent
When you take into account that he did this with little to no training, the only he's had is from his fencing days (which isn't very inclusive of being trained well enough to combat fully trained Dark Jedi, and Jedi Masters turned Dark Jedi), and the like - it becomes substantially more impressive. And since then, it's obvious he's improved as he was named the battle master of the New Jedi Order, in addition to being fully trained. So, assuming that he could do all of these as a simple neophyte, I'd wager he could probably best Count Dooku; albeit, through a hard fight.

I can see that, too. But I don't know, Advent, if I can see Kyle taking Dooku in an all out Force fight.

Prodigal Knight
Read the first post Escape, it says saber duel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.