commentary on DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

a-k-a-amber
found this at LJ brings up good points

With the dress sinking down,Elizabeth is free from the dress and whatever constraints may have come from the dress, like the restraints from the corset,you have to look at what Elizabeth is wearing, this is the key to the movies

Will is smart, he knows this is Elizabeth's dress and he now knows Elizabeth is clear of the death threat that is represented by Beckett, he knows she was the one that got the ship to go to Tortuga and she is safe from Beckett, that is a really important story moment because it does allow Will to focus to something else, and the thing he can focus on now is his vowel to his father and he has a sense that Elizabeth is capable of taking care of herself once she was clear of the situation

They confirm that Lizzie is on Jack's thoughts (someone is vexing Jack Sparrow and various lines that he delivers suggest that the someone is Miss Swann). They also confirm that Lizzie is eager for the physicality of an intimate relationship and is frustrated that she has been denied this with Will.

They discuss the compass at length. It does not point to one's heart's desire- it points to what one wants. What one wants can waver. It points to Jack for Lizzie but perhaps only briefly. On the beach the compass always points to the chest- but Lizzie mistakenly thinks it points to Jack. There is a strong suggestion that there is no ambiguity when Jack holds it (row boat scene at the end)- that it ALWAYS points to Lizzie.

The CURIOSITY conversation is just a challenge. They are both playing a game with each other. They both want each other, but only on their own terms. Lizzie is bothered that she has a physical attraction to Jack and he in turn is bothered that he wants a girl that is really not his type or someone that he wants to want.

With the KISS of death scene Lizzie gets to slake her lust and drown her guilt for feeling lust for someone other than Will but also save the man she loves (Will). We have to ask would she have been so severe on Jack if she had not been so tempted by him? When he is dead he is no longer a temptation. Also- the chain- the first time they met was about him being shackled and using her to escape from that & that is tied in to the last scene. Basically, the writers were given a chance to let Jack & Liz explore the chemistry they have and they took it.

okay bye ppl i'll get on later

LovelyOne
Basically, the writers were given a chance to let Jack & Liz explore the chemistry they have and they took it.

---

What is that?? who said that T&T?also that thing about the compass pointing to the chest and only the chest on the island always irks me

HOW are we supposed to tell from it clearly pointing to Jack that it is in fact pointing at the chest?? and that she is only thinking it points to Jack when every other cinematic code used in that very scene suggests the compass is pointing AT JACK because she wants Jack??
I heard a litle kid shout "she wants Jack!" on that island scene..WOW great cinematic use there..you really do know how to confuse the heck out of an audience

LovelyOne
I also notice that the person who said that forgot to mention the part that suggests Liz has to admit she has feelings for him or something after that kiss but pulls back.

And why explore chemistry if its not going to head anywhere?? It makes no sense to base a WHOLE fricking movie on that if its not to head anywhere in the long run...****ing waste of my time and money if thats the case..what was the point??

Also. I still refuse to believe its only lust she is feeling for him..when he came back for her and she was holding his leg with that godlike shot..that was NOT lust in her eyes.....those were real feelings for Jack spewing out all over the cinema screen...they can call it lust all they want but every cinematic technique used for that moment suggests that she's not feeling LUST for him there..HELL no

a-k-a-amber
i dunno just found it

mmoviejunkie
where'd you find it?

aussi-
if in the movie jack says it points to where your heart most wants-then thats what it means, the writers dont just say "oh yeah it really meant this instead" that doesn't make any sense.

et, they have to show us what its pointing to directly, sure there is a such thing as deeper meaning, but that isn't even close to deeper meaning! if the compass was pointing to the chest, then they shouldn't have put jack in the way. its not like they're going to have a narrartor in the backround of AWE saying "it was really pointing to the chest" so thats bs, unless T&T said it themselves-then i dont believe that

that just sounds like a W/E shipper-with no proof of what they're saying

a-k-a-amber
umm its on the sparrabeth sight for LJ hold on i'll get the link\\

http://community.livejournal.com/sparrabeth/330556.html#cutid1

here you go i hope it works....

mmoviejunkie
thanks, but if they were sparrabeth, why would they write this?

doesn't look like its working for me....
but i'll try again later-

Mistypirate
QUOTE]We have to ask would she have been so severe on Jack if she had not been so tempted by him?

I have to ask, what is your take on this line? I just want to know what you guys think.

a-k-a-amber
oh man im not good with stuff like that misty.... i guess she probably wouldn't have i mean she when she was kissing him she must have felt a little guilty but i think it also made her realize what she really wanted was esactly what she couldn't have..... and she wants him Really bad so she thinks she can just get rid of him but as soon as she watches the boat go down she realizes she made the biggest mistake of her life and i think T&T only show us a hint of the feeling she loves him towards the end of DMC and we'll see more of it when AWE comes out

Mistypirate
LOL I just want to know what is everyones take on this, I wonder if it was TnT that ask that question in the commentary. If they did, IMO it looks good for us. This is what my take is.
I think that Liz wouldn't have done that to him, if she wouldn't have those feelings towards him, if she wouldn't have been so tempted by Jack, why get rid of him? when she realized that her feelings were stronger than she thought she got scared, IMO she didn't know how to react, she is supposed to have those feelings for Will not him. So under desperation she decided to do that to Jack, but then her actions came and slapped her in the face. If TnT really asked this question in the commentary, its giving us a big hint of Liz's emotions.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Mistypirate
QUOTE]We have to ask would she have been so severe on Jack if she had not been so tempted by him?

I have to ask, what is your take on this line? I just want to know what you guys think.

IMO it means shes getting rid of him because she's very tempted, that is why she kills him??..and I think the moment he came back for her was the last straw lol

LovelyOne
Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
where'd you find it?

aussi-
if in the movie jack says it points to where your heart most wants-then thats what it means, the writers dont just say "oh yeah it really meant this instead" that doesn't make any sense.

et, they have to show us what its pointing to directly, sure there is a such thing as deeper meaning, but that isn't even close to deeper meaning! if the compass was pointing to the chest, then they shouldn't have put jack in the way. its not like they're going to have a narrartor in the backround of AWE saying "it was really pointing to the chest" so thats bs, unless T&T said it themselves-then i dont believe that

that just sounds like a W/E shipper-with no proof of what they're saying

I think they did say it was pointing to the chest the entire time whist they were walking on the island and I agree with you..why the **** even suggest she thinks its pointing to Jack there?

I swear they are just getting off on confusing the hell out of us..

how are we, the audience supposed to know from that scene that the compass is in fact NOT pointing at Jack when the camera hints it is, the music hints it is, Elizabeths reaction hints it is??

its stupid maaannn...little kids by this point were shouting out in the cinema "she wants jack" and getting EXCITED! way to go you are gonna confuse them with movie 3...

congrats T&T..you have successfully managed to confuse the **** out of almost the entire audience..no WONDER people all felt DMC was pointing towards J/E..you failed to make it clear where it really was pointing to it seems...

excuse me I'm just ranting here

katelovespirate
so that final line... is that meant to imply that they thought it would be a fun little kick to let Jack and Liz explore their chemistry just for the heck of it, but it was never meant to go anywhere???

oh yeah, lets just put Paris and Helen together and see where it leads... i'm sure we will be able to keep it under control so we can throw Helen back with Menalouas at the end... no big deal...

LovelyOne
I think this is just some W/E shipper from KttC putting their own opinion on it.
but I think the stuff said on the DVD is true..but I think they are also mixing it in with their own opinion

like..slaking lust drowning guilt..did they actually explain what the guilt was towards.??because she doesnt actually seem too bothered about the lust in the movie she doesnt show fear or guilt when it comes to that..

Its usually when someone questions how she feels towards him..possibly on a deeper level..

mmoviejunkie
Originally posted by LovelyOne
I think they did say it was pointing to the chest the entire time whist they were walking on the island and I agree with you..why the **** even suggest she thinks its pointing to Jack there?

I swear they are just getting off on confusing the hell out of us..

how are we, the audience supposed to know from that scene that the compass is in fact NOT pointing at Jack when the camera hints it is, the music hints it is, Elizabeths reaction hints it is??

its stupid maaannn...little kids by this point were shouting out in the cinema "she wants jack" and getting EXCITED! way to go you are gonna confuse them with movie 3...

congrats T&T..you have successfully managed to confuse the **** out of almost the entire audience..no WONDER people all felt DMC was pointing towards J/E..you failed to make it clear where it really was pointing to it seems...

excuse me I'm just ranting here

thats really dumb of them, honestly do they think that the majority of their audience is going to be looking for stuff they say about the movie...i think not! just people like us, lol

thats stupid, because the majority of the audience will only base off of what the movie shows....blahh they're are going to ruin this movie and i'm going to end up hating it!!! sad and i dont want that to happen!!!

ivebeendepped43
hey guys, is it just me or in the Johnny/Gore commentary does Johnny sound like he has a little cold to you? i dunno if its just my weirdness........AND! i luv how JOhnnyl ike, TRULY laughs in the commentary. hes not all nervous and stuff. he has THE most adorable laugh! but not many people would konw because he doesnt laugh like that really in public.

mmoviejunkie
i haven't seen it...only like the first 10 minutes

and sadly my brother ruined the dvd, so now i can't watch the movie....but i'll just buy a new one when i buy dead man's chest

ivebeendepped43
i have almost completely memoraized both the Johnny/Gore and Keira/Jack commentaries. i never got through the Tes&Terry one. now THAT one was boring! but JOhnnys was awesome. not many peeps can get through the Johnny one, but i get through fine, every time. and they cant tell which voice is Johnnys and which is Gores and once again, i can tell!

PirateDiva
How can u not tell which one is JOHNNY's, his voice is soooooo ****ing HOT!!!! brownie points for us IVEBEENDEPPED43 *High Five*

LovelyOne
Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
thats really dumb of them, honestly do they think that the majority of their audience is going to be looking for stuff they say about the movie...i think not! just people like us, lol

thats stupid, because the majority of the audience will only base off of what the movie shows....blahh they're are going to ruin this movie and i'm going to end up hating it!!! sad and i dont want that to happen!!!
I think they have ruined what COULD have been one of the most interesting romances to ever emerge on screen...They could have made movie 3 different to everything we have ever seen in the franchise as a last movie it could have been something really special in the romance department by making it J/E based instead of W/E based (according to spoilers on KttC) and then it wouldn't feel as if we were basically watching movie 1 again in terms of character development etc..

----------------------------

That whole thing about th curiosity convo?? challenging each other..they want each other but on each others terms...now THATS interesting

for Liz its for Jack to be a good man and personal hygiene..

For Jack its her being a pirate like him..

If Liz was ONLY bothered about having a physical attraction to jack then why oh WHY is she so concerned that he be a good man for her if they were ever going to be together? If it was just a mere physical attraction and lust she had for him then all she would complain about in that scene was his dirty appearence..not his moral compass.

that very scene suggests that its 2 things going on with Liz in this story when it comes to Jack.

Alina
It was me who posted it on Livejournal...I got it from the JE-thread on KttC(yes I do lurk sometimes) Why should a JE-shipper lie about it?
I get my DMC dvd on Thuesday, then I'll see for myself...

lovethemtigers
{With the dress sinking down,Elizabeth is free from the dress and whatever constraints may have come from the dress, like the restraints from the corset,you have to look at what Elizabeth is wearing, this is the key to the movies}

Okay, Elizabeth is free from the dress and whatever constraints may have come from the dress...well, this says to me..she is free of her wedding and she no longer is tied to Will, which is what the dress represents...and who freed her from the corsett...JACK...so if this is a key to understanding the movies..once again that Points to Jack and Elizabeth...she is free of her wedding dress that she was meant to marry Will in...and now it has sunk, just as their relationship is and will....

lovethemtigers
{With the KISS of death scene Lizzie gets to slake her lust and drown her guilt for feeling lust for someone other than Will but also save the man she loves (Will). We have to ask would she have been so severe on Jack if she had not been so tempted by him? When he is dead he is no longer a temptation. Also- the chain- the first time they met was about him being shackled and using her to escape from that & that is tied in to the last scene. Basically, the writers were given a chance to let Jack & Liz explore the chemistry they have and they took it.}

Isn't that what we have been saying..she now sees Jack as a threat, a temptation that may be too hard for her to resist...so she does that to escape....she does it to save Will Whom She loves..yes, we know she loves Will, but is she in love with Will? Jack is the temptation....she WANTS Jack...Jack, at the end of DMC, is not only physically attractive to her...he has now showed that he is a good man...."there will come a moment when you will have the chance to do the right thing.....you're going to do something courageous and when you do you will discover something, that you are a good man....you're going to want to know what it tastes like."......and if they both want each other on their own terms, isn't that what happens in the end of DMC...Jack goes to her side and she goes to Jack's side...

This is curious, because I was thinking about that curiosity conversation just this morning....when Jack says he could perform a marriage right now and Liz says "no thanks" and he is like "why not, we are alike you and I , I-you, us"....and then he says "you will come over to my side, I know it"...."you seem very certain"..." one word, luv, curiosity"...

well I don't think Jack just means she will become like him...I think he means she will choose him over the Whelp....."you will come over to my side"..cuz he had just told her that the difference between them were "triffles".....

And that could be why he is smiling in that last scene after the Kiss...in his mind she has come over to his side, she has chosen him...to be like him.....she gave into that selfish impluse..so I think it is strange that he is upset with her in movie 3.....somethings hidden in the leaked script,,,,it just has to be.....and I can't wait to see what it is...

LovelyOne
does the chain to the pearl also suggest that Jack is using Liz to escape from something again???

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
{With the dress sinking down,Elizabeth is free from the dress and whatever constraints may have come from the dress, like the restraints from the corset,you have to look at what Elizabeth is wearing, this is the key to the movies}

Okay, Elizabeth is free from the dress and whatever constraints may have come from the dress...well, this says to me..she is free of her wedding and she no longer is tied to Will, which is what the dress represents...and who freed her from the corsett...JACK...so if this is a key to understanding the movies..once again that Points to Jack and Elizabeth...she is free of her wedding dress that she was meant to marry Will in...and now it has sunk, just as their relationship is and will....

oh, addition to this post:..you have to look at what Elizabeth is wearing, this is the key to the movies...well, in movie 2 she is dressed the majority of time like JACK...just like Lovely said way back in July...she is wearing a hat similar to Jack's lost hat, she is wearing a white shirt like Jack, she is wearing a vest like Jack..she has stuff hanging from her waist like Jack...she is dirty and grimy like Jack....her dress from the prim and proper society that she was meant to marry Will in has sunk to the bottom of the ocean....in movei one....she is forever losing a dress because of Jack..she is in her underwear on the island with jack....yikes....Jack frees her from her dress and her corsett in movie 1.....all of this Points to jack and liz once again....

LovelyOne
ALSO...I still don't buy this guilt for lust..she is so forward with that bloody lust and she doesn't care..IMO its guilt for having feelings for Jack whilst she's with Will.

Terry and Ted said she's simultaneously slaking her lust and drowning her guilt..meaning 2 different things are going on at once.
she's satisfying her lust and also getting rid of guilt at the same time..guilt for WHAT??

well Its obvious IMO..its for what she's now feeling after Jack had just come back for her only moments before..gaining feelings for him because he cares about her enough to return to her...He's the good man she always wanted him to be..but at the same time I'm thinking she was secretly hoping he coud never be that good man for her despite it being what she wants..and so we see her remove him because of that.

lovethemtigers
Okay, here's one of the best Jack and Liz vids on youtube....the lyrics and the clips fit together better than any I've seen before....GREAT Sparrabeth...You're The Storm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwyscbUlakg

ToddianGirl
Thanks for posting the link to that lovethemtigers. I loved the video the song is perfect.

lovethemtigers
Here is another great Sparrabeth video...LOVELY song and great clips to go with it.....gosh, the love pouring out of these Sparrabeth videos is amazing...Disney is crazy if they don't end it with J/E forever...

They weren't There:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru904SfA4rE

a-k-a-amber
i like the songs and the vids tigers thanx!!

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by PirateDiva
How can u not tell which one is JOHNNY's, his voice is soooooo ****ing HOT!!!! brownie points for us IVEBEENDEPPED43 *High Five* fetch yes! we r like, the Depp twins, like Bwa and Imperial Logic are the random twins.

CaptainJacksLuv
I suppose its because it was really pointing to the chest, because it would have been right next to her when she sat down, but the compass did point to it, just she thought that it would have been a bit further away, and where the compass points, she thinks its jack, but really to her left, a smidgen, is the chest, thats why when jack looks at it, it points to lizie, because just next to her, in the gap between her and the compass the chest is there! dun dun dunnn!!!

if this is confusing a bit, just tell mesmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.