Batman versus Nightwing and Robin!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Both sides have 1 day prep.

Fight in Gotham!

masterbruce
I think Batman prevails after a long hard frought battle. The day of prep helps him more than Robin and Nightwing. Also, he knows them better than the back of his hand since he trained them.

Entity
These are the two best "humans" to attempt to take the dark knight. Either one of them could come closer to it than anyone else without vast superpowers. Alone they come very close to defeating him especially Dick, you make it two on one and the two are the only ones capable of coming close and, Bruce has really got to prep tp be ready to see if the students can surpass the master.

Bruce vs. Dick = Bruce 7 or 8/10
Bruce vs Tim = Bruce 9/10
Tim and Dick = Tim and Dick at least 7/10

Darth Macabre
Robin and Nightwing win....Robin is smarter than Bruce, and Dick can equal Bruce in a fight. Add in Tim to the melee, I'd give it to the team 7-8/10. Also, sure Bruce knows them, but they know Bruce just as well.

outavodka
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Robin is smarter than Bruce laughing laughing laughing.....but no seriously What the f**k? wat the hell are you talking about???

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by outavodka
laughing laughing laughing.....but no seriously What the f**k? wat the hell are you talking about??? What are you laughing at? Bruce himself has said Tim is smarter than him.

fsufan89
What are you laughing at? Bruce himself has said Tim is smarter than him.

false modesty

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by fsufan89
false modesty No....An honest observation. Tim's character is based on his mind; he's not the physical type like Dick or Jason. He's a true detective and intellectual.

ExtraMision5555
tim & dick definately edge out a majority
nightwing is allready a good match for bruce, throw in robin and it tips the scales in their favor

fsufan89
No....An honest observation. Tim's character is based on his mind; he's not the physical type like Dick or Jason. He's a true detective and intellectual.

.........who learned his skills from Bruce

Superherovandal
he potentially could be smarter than him. but he never ever will in comics. and besides Bats knows eons more knowledge than him.besides what could he possibly do. And NW is quite smart. always has been. but i'd say in the end Bats wins cause he'd come running in with his batjet and annihilate his proteges

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by fsufan89
.........who learned his skills from Bruce No...he figured out Bruce's identity as Batman before he was Robin.

fsufan89
Originally posted by Superherovandal
he potentially could be smarter than him. but he never ever will in comics. and besides Bats knows eons more knowledge than him.

agreed bats has been doin this since tim was in diapers

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Superherovandal
he potentially could be smarter than him. but he never ever will in comics. and besides Bats knows eons more knowledge than him.besides what could he possibly do. And NW is quite smart. always has been. but i'd say in the end Bats wins cause he'd come running in with his batjet and annihilate his proteges Um...that's what smarts or intelligence is: the capacity or potential to gain knowledge.

Superherovandal
yeah but he never will in actual comics. and anywho that was a robin comic anyways. thats like she-hulk in her comics she beats thanos but actually she never could.

braz
Robin is smarter than Bruce,

blink

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by braz
blink For gods sakes, the kid detected who Batman was when he was nine years old....How about, instead of mudslinging, you actually bring up an argument? Or is this a mudslinging contest, rather than a debate? Hell, I don't care about you attacking me, but at least, at the very least, bring up an argument with it.

Example: Wow, you think Tim has more potential to be knowledgeable than Bruce is idiotic.....As for the fight....

Grimm22
What are you laughing at? Bruce himself has said Tim is smarter than him.

I think you mean Bruce has indicated that Tim has the potential to become an even greater detective than himself no expression

Bats 6-7/10

Bruce is still smarter and more skilled than either of these two

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Grimm22
I think you mean Bruce has indicated that Tim has the potential to become an even greater detective than himself no expression

Bats 6-7/10

Bruce is still smarter and more skilled than either of these two But thats what smarts is: the potential for knowledge.

Bruce is more knowledgeable, absolutely...But Tim has the potential to be better (smarter).

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Grimm22

Bats 6-7/10

Bruce is still smarter and more skilled than either of these two

but at the same time?
i duno
i could see it going to the latter

braz
But thats what smarts is: the potential for knowledge.

Bruce is more knowledgeable, absolutely...But Tim has the potential to be better (smarter).

and u know this how??? like, is this written somewhere or is this another one of ur personal opinions roll eyes (sarcastic)

doesnt matter, the point is.. Batmans currently smarter and until the day Tim outsmarts Bruce or gains his 'potential' which for some reason Bruce lacks, even though he has a genius IQ roll eyes (sarcastic), lemme know and we can debate then.

Darth Macabre
and u know this how??? like, is this written somewhere or is this another one of ur personal opinions roll eyes (sarcastic)

doesnt matter, the point is.. Batmans currently smarter and until the day Tim outsmarts Bruce, lemme know and we can debate then. Um....it's the definition of smart. If someones smarter than that means he has the potential to be more knowledgeable...Unless, of course, you go by a different dictionary. Then by all means explain.

braz
Um....it's the definition of smart. If someones smarter than that means he has the potential to be more knowledgeable...Unless, of course, you go by a different dictionary. Then by all means explain.

yea i know, i realize that, but the part i dont get is why doesnt Bruce have that same potential or better than Tims??? he has a genius-level IQ of 160. thats perfect. cant get ne higher. and when did this change. ive never heard them say specifically Robin was smarter, and i think they would considering as they said Batgirls a better martial artist than Batman.

Badabing
Batman.

ExtraMision5555
maybe batmans been harboring some techinques incase something like this happend

Entity
yea i know, i realize that, but the part i dont get is why doesnt Bruce have that same potential or better than Tims??? he has a genius-level IQ of 160. thats perfect. cant get ne higher. and when did this change. ive never heard them say specifically Robin was smarter, and i think they would considering as they said Batgirls a better martial artist than Batman.

Actually, that is not "perfect" and to my best knowledge there is no such thing as a perfect IQ. In fact with IQs there is no determined limit. A persons IQ is based on a persons percentage of Intelligence to that of the quote "average persons". So for instance if a person is as smart as an average person at 20 by the time their 10 they would have a 200 IQ. And I know for a fact 160 is not perfect or at least not the top out. There is a person living in Nashville right below my home town with a 325 IQ. There have been several reports on the news about him lately since he was going on a tv contest for a million in gold, which he won. He is in the Guinness book of world records as the youngest person to ever graduate collage at 11.

I took interest in his story because we are the same age. Off by only a few weeks. He was a college professor by 17, WOW! So, yes Tim can be smarter. And no I don't think either could beat him alone. Thou, Dick would come very very close but, it would take both of them. Dick and Tim combined would take the majority if not the whole.

masterbruce
The fact that Tim 'could' be smarter is irrelevant. The battle is TODAY, not 10 years from now. So today, Batman is alot smarter than Tim and Dick combined.

a simple analogy to prove my point: We have Michael Jordan when he was 14. Yes, he had the potential to be the best player, but he wasn't at that time. In fact, at that time, he couldn't even beat a bench player in the NBA.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by masterbruce
The fact that Tim 'could' be smarter is irrelevant. The battle is TODAY, not 10 years from now. So today, Batman is alot smarter than Tim and Dick combined.

a simple analogy to prove my point: We have Michael Jordan when he was 14. Yes, he had the potential to be the best player, but he wasn't at that time. In fact, at that time, he couldn't even beat a bench player in the NBA. That analogy is worthless....Smarts are about potential, not what you know today.

Knowledge is what you know about "today".

Entity
But Micheal Jordan hadn't been trained by and playing along side one of the NBA's best. Also everyone keeps comparing the two to Batman individually, this is Dick and TIm as a team against Bruce alone. So think, Micheal Jordan at 14, after being trained and playing with Dr. J for years and he has the next best thing to Dr. J with him on a two on one game.

Batman COULD beat Tim and Dick INDIVIDUALLY but not as a team.
Together Tim and Dick win in 8.5/10
HELL Dick beats Bats a few times by himself. Only like 3/10 but still.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Entity
But Micheal Jordan hadn't been trained by and playing along side one of the NBA's best. Also everyone keeps comparing the two to Batman individually, this is Dick and TIm as a team against Bruce alone. So think, Micheal Jordan at 14, after being trained and playing with Dr. J for years and he has the next best thing to Dr. J with him on a two on one game.

Batman COULD beat Tim and Dick INDIVIDUALLY but not as a team.
Together Tim and Dick win in 8.5/10
HELL Dick beats Bats a few times by himself. Only like 3/10 but still.

Batman is arguably the 2nd most important member on the Justice League, and he has no super powers, just human. Think of everything he has been through, his experiences, the threats he has faced and triumphed over, his knowledge base, his mastery of all martial arts and fighting forms, his complete physical perfection, his mental strength and ultimately his Batmanness and you quickly realize that Batman will have little trouble disposing of his proteges. Tim and Dick are both formidable, even more so as a team. But Batman is in a league by himself.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by masterbruce
Batman is arguably the 2nd most important member on the Justice League, and he has no super powers, just human. Think of everything he has been through, his experiences, the threats he has faced and triumphed over, his knowledge base, his mastery of all martial arts and fighting forms, his complete physical perfection, his mental strength and ultimately his Batmanness and you quickly realize that Batman will have little trouble disposing of his proteges. Tim and Dick are both formidable, even more so as a team. But Batman is in a league by himself.

This is ignoreing the fact that Nightwing and Tim have argueably been through a large portion ALONG SIDE batman, learing from his expirences as well as gaining expeience.

Entity
Agreed but, these are two people he trained to be there very best and Dick weather he likes it or not is more like Bruce everyday and one day he may very well be the worlds new equallivent to that times Batman just as Tim may. Either of them would lose to him now and probably if it were their future incarnations, if it was INDIVIDUALLY. They aren't losing to Bruce as a team. They are both gonna know what to expect from him and even guess what not to. Together they are coming at him from two fronts. With Dick having studied him for 20 years and Tim for like what, 5? Together they will defeat him. Tim and Dick are both better than Bruce in different catagories. This has been stated by Bruce himself on many occations, DIck with his leadership and acrobatics and Tim with his intellect and dective skills. You add both their advantages together along with their youth, knowledge and the sheer fact there are two of them to his one. Bruce will loose this.

Its like you have a 85% Batman and a 65% Batman together attacking a 100% Batman. I don't know how good you are at math and this is just a rough ballpark figure but,

150>100, especially when it can be two places at once and you can't!

ExtraMision5555
Yes, and keep in mind, Nightwing is EXTREMELY adept, he argueably would give batman a tough time by himself

Entity
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Yes, and keep in mind, Nightwing is EXTREMELY adept, he argueably would give batman a tough time by himself

Thank You!
Like I said Nightwing take a few solo. Only like 3/10 but that is still amazing!
You add Tim to the equation and Batman is in some shit!

Wally West
Very very close fight, could go either way. Dick and Tim fight well as a duo, so they have teamwork on their side and not just the numbers advantage.

I want to say the two of them take a very slight majority, but I have a nagging feeling Batman might put the prep to better use, and they might have had more of an advantage if it were in Bludhaven instead of Gotham.

Tassadar
Batman - Why? Because he's Batman mother ****@.

Soljer
Nightwing can almost Solo Batman.

Throw in Robin?

It's over for Bruce.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.