Nate Grey & Psylocke VS Proteus & Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

python99
Fight takes plase in the far future, in the streets of an abandoned and near destoyed New York city.

They all posses some sort of telepathic ability.

Proteus and Nate are both known to be the most powerful of all mutants.

python99
anyone?

celestialdemon
Is this strictly a telepathic battle, or can they use their other abilities?

python99
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Is this strictly a telepathic battle, or can they use their other abilities?

Yeah they can use their other abilities
Psylocke and Cable both have a distinct style of fighting + Cable has got use of all his weaponry like flash grenades and plasma guns etc.
I am not to familiar with Nate's fighting style or weaponry but i do know roteus doen not need any such fighting style with the power he has.

Omega-level
Cable is more experient than X-man, and Proteus' reality warping makes them win.

celestialdemon
Since their other abilities are allowed, I'd give this to Proteus and Cable. Cable can take Psylocke one on one, and Proteus' reality-warping abilities should be enough to take on Nate.

python99
Well Nate has that mind warping ability
He is stated to be the most powerful telepath

Darth Macabre
Psylocke is out of her league.... sad

Soleran
Nate wins, alone, 9/10!

python99
Originally posted by Soleran
Nate wins, alone, 9/10!
Damn

don't shiv
Originally posted by python99
Well Nate has that mind warping ability
He is stated to be the most powerful telepath

when Nate and Nathan are in the same area both expeience waves of excruciating pain. Cable has a higher pain threshold
Proteus will have a field day finishing off X-man.
Cable might bodyslide Psylocke off planet or penetrate her shields by "stepping in between the moments" and wrench Betsy's head off.

python99
Originally posted by don't shiv
when Nate and Nathan are in the same area both expeience waves of excruciating pain. Cable has a higher pain threshold
Proteus will have a field day finishing off X-man.
Cable might bodyslide Psylocke off planet or penetrate her shields by "stepping in between the moments" and wrench Betsy's head off.

DAMN SOUNDS LIKE A STRAIGHT WHOOPING HANDED OUT BY PROTEUS AND CABLE

python99
anyone else?

jffxex1980
Psylocke and Nate have this. Jaime Braddock, Psylocke's brother had gave her the power to be immune to reality manipulation. She can't be manipulated physically or mentally. I don't know what issue that was when they had to go up against the forsaken and his four henchmen but he did. He did something to her quantum make up. Nate has too much power.

wiccan999
Originally posted by jffxex1980
Psylocke and Nate have this. Jaime Braddock, Psylocke's brother had gave her the power to be immune to reality manipulation. She can't be manipulated physically or mentally. I don't know what issue that was when they had to go up against the forsaken and his four henchmen but he did. He did something to her quantum make up. Nate has too much power.
It happened in Uncanny X-Men Issue #474 and Psylocke is also immune to telepathy is she not?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by wiccan999
It happened in Uncanny X-Men Issue #474 and Psylocke is also immune to telepathy is she not?

Yeah, along with being immune to reality manipulation, she's also immune to telepathic manipulation or communication. This is at the cost of her own telepathic powers ala Sage. However, Psylocke isn't immune to Cable's arsenal of weapons.

wiccan999
Yeah, along with being immune to reality manipulation, she's also immune to telepathic manipulation or communication. This is at the cost of her own telepathic powers ala Sage. However, Psylocke isn't immune to Cable's arsenal of weapons.
Maybe her TK would be... Happy Dance

wiccan999
So Nate and Psylocke for the win

don't shiv
cable and proteus ftw. nate vs proteus PROTEUS cable vs psylocke CABLE.

Grey is beating nobody xcept maybe himself. The comely wench will kneel

python99

Ouch!

Soleran

Nate could just dump them in a limbo dimension, game over.

python99
Originally posted by Soleran
Nate could just dump them in a limbo dimension, game over.

laughing

wiccan999
What are proteus's powers and abilities??

Soleran

He can alter reality around himself
he has weaknesses to metal...............

He's a nothing really psylocke could just bash in his head with metal from her TK

wiccan999
So Nate and Psylocke for the win

python99

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proteus_(comics)

Proteus is friggin discusting

xmarksthespot
Psylocke kills Proteus. Then together with Nate, they kill Cable.

python99
sounds reasonable

SpunkySmurph
More Specifically:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proteus_%28comics%29

python99
is this done?

celestialdemon
Ouch. No respect for Proteus against Psylocke. Does everyone think that just because reality-warping doesn't work on her means any reality-warper is powerless against her?

python99
Ouch. No respect for Proteus against Psylocke. Does everyone think that just because reality-warping doesn't work on her means any reality-warper is powerless against her?

Good question confused

python99
its back

python99
ANYONE

don't shiv
Proteus channels his power through Cable Psylocke and Grey melt.

xmarksthespot
Good question confused Jamie Braddock is imo more powerful than Proteus and he rewrote the quantum strings of Psylocke's being to be immune to reality manipulation, so she should remain unaffected by Proteus.

python99
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Jamie Braddock is imo more powerful than Proteus and he rewrote the quantum strings of Psylocke's being to be immune to reality manipulation, so she should remain unaffected by Proteus.

Ok so this is not a cake-walk for Proteus and Cable. I thought I may have made a spite thread

King KAM
Proteus is the man....

celestialdemon
Jamie Braddock is imo more powerful than Proteus and he rewrote the quantum strings of Psylocke's being to be immune to reality manipulation, so she should remain unaffected by Proteus.

True, but that just means reality manipulation won't work on her person but that hardly means he's useless against her. He can still affect the environment around her or create weapons to use against her.

guy222
Proteus channels his power through Cable Psylocke and Grey melt.

aren't the mutants celestial creation wink

python99
Originally posted by guy222
aren't the mutants celestial creation wink

confused GOOD QUESTION

guy222
confused GOOD QUESTION

I am never confused. Celestials created the mutants. Nate/Betsy ftw

python99
still too close

guy222
still too close

Can I ask u, who's tougher? Proteus or Cable

python99
in terms of what?
Mutant powers or strength.
Can I ask you a question can Proteus take on Appocolypse?

Utrigita

From what you just said there MJJ should be able to do jack about her.

Plus don't forget that he probably isn't going to reality warp her but more likely the surrounding to his advantage. He can take on psylocke fairly easy in my openion.

As for Nate Grey vs Cable tough very tough infact, they are basically the same, but with different opbringings, but Cable has a advantage in him being slightly more experienced then Nate Grey, which is why I give the edge to Cable its not much maybe a 5.1/10 nearly nothing just the small things between them that will make the difference.

python99
Originally posted by Utrigita

Plus don't forget that he probably isn't going to reality warp her but more likely the surrounding to his advantage. He can take on psylocke fairly easy in my openion.

As for Nate Grey vs Cable tough very tough infact, they are basically the same, but with different opbringings, but Cable has a advantage in him being slightly more experienced then Nate Grey, which is why I give the edge to Cable its not much maybe a 5.1/10 nearly nothing just the small things between them that will make the difference.

Well said

guy222
in terms of what?
Mutant powers or strength.
Can I ask you a question can Proteus take on Appocolypse?

Yes. Strength and powers

Yes. I admire Apoc. Proteus may be more powerful

guy222

Jaime Braddock maybe more powerful than MJJ smile Remember, Jaime knows First Fallen. First Fallen should equal the Phoenix Force

King KAM
Proteus kills psylocke easily

xmarksthespot

Plus don't forget that he probably isn't going to reality warp her but more likely the surrounding to his advantage. He can take on psylocke fairly easy in my openion. Mad Jim Jaspers is more powerful than Jamie Braddock.

Proteus is in a city full of metal easily within reach, has always had a limited range with regard to his reality manipulation as far as I can remember, fighting an opponent with better reflexes whom he can't affect, who wields high level telekinesis sufficient to shield half a city, of whom neither basic nor prior knowledge includes the knowledge of her immunity to reality manipulation, possession and telepathy - his primary initial means of attacking an opponent.

King KAM
Mad Jim Jaspers is more powerful than Jamie Braddock.

Proteus is in a city full of metal easily within reach, has always had a limited range with regard to his reality manipulation as far as I can remember, fighting an opponent with better reflexes whom he can't affect, who wields high level telekinesis sufficient to shield half a city, of whom neither basic nor prior knowledge includes the knowledge of her immunity to reality manipulation, possession and telepathy - his primary initial means of attacking an opponent. full powered proteus can warp reality on a large scale, and he doesnt even have to be where he is to do it, he just has to imagine it. psylocke, would literally be turned into a picasso looking piece of mutie flesh.

Utrigita
Mad Jim Jaspers is more powerful than Jamie Braddock.

Proteus is in a city full of metal easily within reach, has always had a limited range with regard to his reality manipulation as far as I can remember, fighting an opponent with better reflexes whom he can't affect, who wields high level telekinesis sufficient to shield half a city, of whom neither basic nor prior knowledge includes the knowledge of her immunity to reality manipulation, possession and telepathy - his primary initial means of attacking an opponent.

Based on you statement that really shouldn't change anything consideret that her genes has been altered to work against reality warping, MJJ is infinit more powerful but based on what you said he could be shit to her.

I will say it again he isn't going to reality warp her but everything around her, lets say she picks up a piece of Metal great but her genes isn't transfered into the metal piece, it is still vulnerable to reality warping and when has Psylocke ever shielded half a city?

Just to put in perspective Cable has fought the Silver Surfer held up a space station and battled the Silver surfer and shatteret his board, has any of the others done anything to rival that? no.

Again Nate Grey will probably lose to Cable and then Psylocke will be done for.

And to the one above no she cannot be reality warped, since she is immune to it.

xmarksthespot
Based on you statement that really shouldn't change anything consideret that her genes has been altered to work against reality warping, MJJ is infinit more powerful but based on what you said he could be shit to her. Jaspers' reality manipulating abilities supersede Braddock's.
I will say it again he isn't going to reality warp her but everything around her, lets say she picks up a piece of Metal great but her genes isn't transfered into the metal piece, it is still vulnerable to reality warping and when has Psylocke ever shielded half a city? http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9260/uncannyxmen20471yr5.th.jpghttp://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8007/uncannyxmen21471nt2.th.jpghttp://img428.imageshack.us/img428/4872/uncannyxmen22471mt3.th.jpg
Together with Rachel, she shields a city from Shi'ar weaponry and they turn the attack back on the ship. Half of the energy signature is hers.

What If...
The Psylocke Respect Thread is coming shortly, I've compiled somewhere near 100 scans, still working on some more big grin

Utrigita
Jaspers' reality manipulating abilities supersede Braddock's.
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9260/uncannyxmen20471yr5.th.jpghttp://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8007/uncannyxmen21471nt2.th.jpghttp://img428.imageshack.us/img428/4872/uncannyxmen22471mt3.th.jpg
Together with Rachel, she shields a city from Shi'ar weaponry and they turn the attack back on the ship. Half of the energy signature is hers.

I know but maybe you should specifi that she isn't immune to reality warping of high order. Instead of just saying that reality warping isn't working.

She shields a City impressive indeed, now how is that going to help her??? If you are shielding something behind a barriere I can still warp what is behind the barriere it isn't a reality warping neutral field that you created.

And what a teammate Psylocke got herself there, a omega leveled mutant.

What If...
Bad comparison. It's been stated SEVERAL times that Psylocke's TK is greater than Rachel's.

As far as I know...high order reality manipulation still won't affect her, its never been stated that it would.

Utrigita
Originally posted by What If...
Bad comparison. It's been stated SEVERAL times that Psylocke's TK is greater than Rachel's.

As far as I know...high order reality manipulation still won't affect her, its never been stated that it would.

Then I suggest we should send her after MJJ since reality warping doesn't work on her, thumb up great idea.

Has it now, ore is Psylocke just better at using it then Rachel is, Psylocke isn't a omegalevel mutant as far as I know.

xmarksthespot
I'm assuming any reality manipulating being that surpasses Jamie Braddock in ability can undo and or supersede Braddock's power.
Has it now, ore is Psylocke just better at using it then Rachel is, Psylocke isn't a omegalevel mutant as far as I know. It's been stated Psylocke has more raw power. Rachel is more skilled in using telekinesis, as it's a power she's always had. Psylocke was originally a telepath who later gained telekinesis at the loss of her telepathy; her fine control is inferior to Rachel's.

Psionic reality manipulation through a psionic telekinetic forcefield; off the top of my head I can't think of anything conclusive to say it would work nor to say it wouldn't. Psylocke being immune to reality manipulation makes that moot anyway.

She can shield herself if he tries to attack her with the environment. She has better reflexes, has telekinesis and is in a city full of metal. Her immunities aren't common knowledge. Proteus tries to warp her or possess her and while he realises it doesn't do jack, he's impaled with a steel girder.

Elixir is an Omega level mutant. So?

Utrigita
I'm assuming any reality manipulating being that surpasses Jamie Braddock in ability can undo and or supersede Braddock's power.
It's been stated Psylocke has more raw power. Rachel is more skilled in using telekinesis, as it's a power she's always had. Psylocke was originally a telepath who later gained telekinesis at the loss of her telepathy; her fine control is inferior to Rachel's.

Psionic reality manipulation through a psionic telekinetic forcefield; off the top of my head I can't think of anything conclusive to say it would work nor to say it wouldn't. Psylocke being immune to reality manipulation makes that moot anyway.

She can shield herself if he tries to attack her with the environment. She has better reflexes, has telekinesis and is in a city full of metal. Her immunities aren't common knowledge. Proteus tries to warp her or possess her and while he realises it doesn't do jack, he's impaled with a steel girder.

Elixir is an Omega level mutant. So?

Thanks for saying that MJJ can hurt her.

How the hell can you have more raw power then a omega leveled mutant confused, being more skilled is easily possibly she lost to emma frost in a telepathy battled but saying a not omega leveled mutant has more potential then a omega leveled now that is not logical.

Again none of you seemingly gets my point, he isn't gonna warp her but rather everything around her from what I have read he should be capable of warping metal in a quite great distance from her, You said he doesn't know her to be immune to reality warping but how does she know that he is gonna be vulnerable to Iron?

I didn't mentioned exilir why did you?

Symmetric Chaos
How the hell can you have more raw power then a omega leveled mutant confused

Easily, an Omega has unlimited potetnial not unlimited power,

Utrigita
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Easily, an Omega has unlimited potetnial not unlimited power,

care to define the difference???

Symmetric Chaos
care to define the difference???

Sure.

An active nuclear power plant produces a huge amount of power. An inactive plant has the potential to produce a huge amount of power.

Omega have unlimited potential but none of them have unlocked if fully (except maybe MrImmortal).

Utrigita
Sure.

An active nuclear power plant produces a huge amount of power. An inactive plant has the potential to produce a huge amount of power.

Omega have unlimited potential but none of them have unlocked if fully (except maybe MrImmortal).

So basically Rachel has the ability to go above Psylocke ore what ???

llagrok

Rachel isn't far above Psylocke's level yet? I always thought Rachel was far above her.

Either way, there's no way that Psylocke can take on Cable. Even if she is immune to telepathy, he can crush her with a car or something. Nate is probably the biggest challenge, since he can tear realities apart with his telekinesis or something.

Utrigita
Originally posted by llagrok
Rachel isn't far above Psylocke's level yet? I always thought Rachel was far above her.

Either way, there's no way that Psylocke can take on Cable. Even if she is immune to telepathy, he can crush her with a car or something. Nate is probably the biggest challenge, since he can tear realities apart with his telekinesis or something.

My thoughts to, but apparently not confused

No but nate grey is still there and he could turn out to be quiet a challange for Cable, believe Cable would win though.

Symmetric Chaos

Yeah I think she is above Psylocke. She just doesn't have unlimited power.

Utrigita
Yeah I think she is above Psylocke. She just doesn't have unlimited power.

Thanks thumb up

guy222
Thanks thumb up

Nate/Betsy win wink

Brian Oswald
My thoughts to, but apparently not confused

No but nate grey is still there and he could turn out to be quiet a challange for Cable, believe Cable would win though. Aren't Nate and Cable the same person but Nate has no TO Virus and is way more powerful?

Martian_mind
Not Way more powerful,however he is far less skilled,experienced and has way lower natural durability.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Aren't Nate and Cable the same person but Nate has no TO Virus and is way more powerful?

If you read back you will see my saying that I believe that Cable would win not much about 5.1/10 maybe less but he will win just because of the small things in life, him being older as mentioned by martian_mind so no need repeating that.

HarmoNiC FLo
cables experience LOL maybe in a gun fight. maybe in a street fight. but powers wise? nate pwns and ****s psylocke and they make a celestial-mutant

HarmoNiC FLo
psylockes soo hott. imagine her in sweaty tight shorts yumm

Utrigita
Originally posted by HarmoNiC FLo
cables experience LOL maybe in a gun fight. maybe in a street fight. but powers wise? nate pwns and ****s psylocke and they make a celestial-mutant

Experience is experience none the less no matter how you put it, and Cable having experience would certainly help him against Nate Grey, Its the same with professor X he is a match for nearly any single telepath on the planet not just because of his power but also because of his experience, the difference between those two was shown quiet well when Rachel battled Emma Frost, Frost doesn't have Rachels level of power but is certainly more experienced so you point being what. confused

Utrigita
Originally posted by HarmoNiC FLo
psylockes soo hott. imagine her in sweaty tight shorts yumm

A nice thought big grin

Kaos sebaceous
Hasnt Cable beaten X-Man he like made X-man strain so much to use his powers he blew up

Kaos sebaceous
A nice thought big grin

Comic Book characters?

confused

freaky

Utrigita
Originally posted by Kaos sebaceous
Hasnt Cable beaten X-Man he like made X-man strain so much to use his powers he blew up

I'm not sure

Utrigita
Originally posted by Kaos sebaceous
Comic Book characters?

confused

freaky

Look at her and then try to give her actual life then the thought isn't freaky anymore stick out tongue

Not more freaky then the super hot chicks something that is going on in comic books wink

xmarksthespot
Crush Psylocke with a car. no expression

Yeah a forcefield that can take and reverse half a city-leveling blast is going down to a car.

Immune to telepathy and invisible. 313
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/396/exiles0932007teamdcp02xr2.th.jpg

Utrigita
Crush Psylocke with a car. no expression

Yeah a forcefield that can take and reverse half a city-leveling blast is going down to a car.

Immune to telepathy and invisible. 313
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/396/exiles0932007teamdcp02xr2.th.jpg

And seeing that she a few pages back with the help of rachel summers defended a city from shi'ar weaponry this seems kind of ..... lame

She is using the telekinese to manipulate the molecules, impressive if it wasn't for nearly everybody doing it these days sad

python99
And seeing that she a few pages back with the help of rachel summers defended a city from shi'ar weaponry this seems kind of ..... lame

She is using the telekinese to manipulate the molecules, impressive if it wasn't for nearly everybody doing it these days sad laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.