Top 5 favorite bands...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mdp990
My top 5 favorite bands are:

1. Pink Floyd
2. Our Lady Peace
3. Moby
4. Vast
5. Dream Theater

your turn smile

bogen
1. Led zeppelin
2. Pink floyd (with waters)
3. jimmy hendrix
4. Tool
5. Queen

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by mdp990
My top 5 favorite bands are:

1. Pink Floyd
2. Our Lady Peace
3. Moby
4. Vast
5. Dream Theater

your turn smile

OMFG VAST, i love them

in no particular order:

1.VAST
2.Ozzy Osbourne
3.Depeche Mode
4.A Perfect Circle
5. Akira Yamaoka

Solo
1. Joy Division
2. Death Cab for Cutie
3. The Arcade Fire
4. The Velvet Underground
5. Minor Threat

§P0oONY
Pink Floyd,
Dir en Grey,
Tool,
King Crimson,
A Perfect Circle

In Fate's Hands
1. 30 seconds to mars
2. H.I.M.
3. the killers
4. Cky
5. 69 eyes

Impediment
In no particular order:

Tool
Pantera
The Ramones
Type O Negative
Lamb of God

BlackSunshine
1. Pink Floyd
2. Tool
3. Pantera
4. Rob Zombie
5. Marilyn Manson

idowhatiamtold
Ummm.. Well.......... I hate picking favorites I like so many bands, but I guess these are the bands I listen to the most.

1. Radiohead
2. Nin
3. Sublime
4. Mew
5. Foo Fighters

B dot Rob
Radiohead
Guns N Roses
AC/DC
White Stripes
Black Sabbath

fallingoutgrl
1 Jack's Mannequin
2. New Atlantic
3. Heart
4. The Format
5. Motion City Soundtrack

~Flamboyant~
1. Sonata Arctica
2. Dream Theater
3. Rhapsody of Fire
4. Liquid Tension Experiment
5. Symphony X

The Core
Right now, it's looking a little like this..

1) Killswitch Engage
2) Deftones
3) Protest the Hero
4) Dragonforce
5) Hatebreed

..no real order, that's just who I'm digging on right now. There's only two guys in the world that I would consider going gay for by their voices only, and that's Dave Gahan and Howard Jones (KSE).

RedAlertv2
Hey nice to see another Protest the Hero fan. Kezia is such a great album.

My current favorites are

+44
Social Distortion
Converge
Protest the Hero
AFI

StinkFist462
bands im currently feelin at the moment

1. Tv On The Radio
2. The Dandy Warhols
3. The Brian Jonestown Massacre
4. The Killers
5. The Stooges (Iggy Pop)

(enough "The" bands?)

vintageSW77
The FALL
Goblin
The Ramones
Siouxie And The Banshees
Kraftwerk

marvelfreak29
Geez o man!!! So many to choose from...

1.Alice Cooper
2.Van Halen
3.NOfx
4.Blink 182
5.Killers

kamikz
Hmm, can't put numbers on them, but...

Aerosmith.
Queen.
Coldplay.
Scorpions.
Journey.

MildPossession
Five I adore:

The Doors
Our Lady Peace
David Bowie
Radio 4
Radiohead/Thom Yorke

Dregh
1 Led Zeppelin
2 Dire Straits
3 Pink Floyd
4 U2
5 Audioslave

Pezmerga
1. Smashing Pumpkins
2. Queen
3. Rush
4. The White Stripes
5. Nine Inch Nails

Deathblow
At this exact moment..

The Flaming Lips (saw them the other night, incredible)
Alexisonfire
Enter Shikari
The Killers
Pendulum

Of all time is very different.

pinkfloydkor
1. Pink Floyd
2. The Rolling Stones
3. The Beatles
4. The Grateful Dead
5. Phish

as of now

changes often

not the top 3 tho

Nellinator
No particular order:
Alabama
Aerosmith
Blue Oyster Cult
Nirvana
Doc Walker

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Deathblow
At this exact moment..

The Flaming Lips (saw them the other night, incredible)
Alexisonfire
Enter Shikari
The Killers
Pendulum

Of all time is very different.

Damn. From Opeth, Tool, Porcupine Tree and Deftones to that.

Tool
Opeth
Radiohead
Emperor
Faith No More

-AC

Deathblow
I managed to hide the fact I like The Killers for months. So much for my new found confidence in my guilty pleasures, you vitriol-spewing fiend.

Dr. Strangelove
I managed to hide the fact I like The Killers for months. So much for my new found confidence in my guilty pleasures, you vitriol-spewing fiend.

You could always say you got mistaken for a terrorist and was taken to Guantanamo Bay for a couple of months in which for torture, you had to listen to the The Killers 24/7. Anyone would understand your Killers liking with that story.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
You could always say you got mistaken for a terrorist and was taken to Guantanamo Bay for a couple of months in which for torture, you had to listen to the The Killers 24/7. Anyone would understand your Killers liking with that story.

G.Bay at least spares its visitors that horror.

Doc Potato
Nirvana
guns 'n' roses
AC/DC
Sex Pistols
The Who

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

I'd understand a tolerance of The Killers in that instance, I could never understand a LIKING.

-AC

bakerboy
Beatles
Rolling Stones
Queen
Doors
U-2

~Da Rev~
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Mr. Bungle
Pink Floyd
Tenacious D

blackpearl44
Motley Crue
Def Leppard
KISS
Poison
Whitesnake

SnakeEyes
Current top five/no order:

Muse
Cartel
The Killers
+44
Trivium

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I'd understand a tolerance of The Killers in that instance, I could never understand a LIKING.

-AC

If anything it would make matters worse.

If I ever had to endure the

'Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag
Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his-chest
Now, he takes off her dress'

section of Mr Brightside more than once, without an intermediary month's aural detox, I think I'd commit terrible violences upon my sense of hearing.

Quiero Mota
In no order:

The Rolling Stones
W.A.R.
The Doors
The Gap Band
The Commodores

Lighthammer
1. Dropkick Murphys
2. The Business
3. Reel Big Fish
4. Sum 41
5. Drowning Pool

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Lighthammer
1. Dropkick Murphys
2. The Business
3. Reel Big Fish
4. Sum 41
5. Drowning Pool

While music taste or quality will ever be regarded as subjective, I think I can say with certainty as close to fact as possible that your musical radar is on the blink.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
My top 5 (+1) in the order of most bestest:

1. Audioslave
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. Weezer
4. Radiohead
5. Sublime

(6. Bedouin Soundclash)

As for the arch-critic, Mr. Von Doom; where be his list? Or is it deemed superfluous as AC has already posted his list.

Oh!

Deathblow
I feel the need to post my all time 5 in order to prevent a younger, trendier version of me rising up and usurping my position as moderator. All hail elitism.

Opeth
Tool
Massive Attack
Smashing Pumpkins
Deftones/Alice In Chains/NIN/Pixies

Can't decide between those for fifth place.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I feel the need to post my all time 5 in order to prevent a younger, trendier version of me rising up and usurping my position as moderator. All hail elitism.

Opeth
Tool
Massive Attack
Smashing Pumpkins
Deftones/Alice In Chains/NIN/Pixies

Can't decide between those for fifth place.

Chicken, can't take the heat?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
My top 5 (+1) in the order of most bestest:

1. Audioslave
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. Weezer
4. Radiohead
5. Sublime

(6. Bedouin Soundclash)

As for the arch-critic, Mr. Von Doom; where be his list? Or is it deemed superfluous as AC has already posted his list.

Oh!

Decent. Ridiculous order, though.

I feel no need to musically associate with the peasantry. My list is infallible.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Balls to your face.

I could imagine what your list would be like:

Tool
Delverium Decodia (Something like that, anyway...)
Mr. Bungle
Radiohead
Boyzone

You're so predictable.

Deathblow
Chicken, can't take the heat?

My skin is eggshell thin.

Bardock42
Balls to your face.

Tool
Mr. Bungle
Radiohead
Boyzone

You're so predictable.

Delusium Cordelia is an Album. Not a band. then again his list is infallible. So maybe it is a band.

Lighthammer
VVD, how can you say I have almost no musical radar. The Business may not be big here in the states but they are huge in the UK and plus unlike most bands, they give a crap about what they are singing out, and don't just write lyrics because they sound good, they have meaning to the band. The Dropkick Murphys are the same way with their songs, and though they do have some interesting choices in intruments(bagpipes,accordions, mandolins, tin whistle, banjo, etc)along withe normal instruments in a punk band, it only adds to their uniquness as well as an unexpected great sound. And don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Go to a Dropkick Murphys concert, and then you'll see what I mean.
Sum 41 I admit I was half alseep when I put them down, so for them, bash away. However I do have a question. In their song Fat Lip, though the lyrics online say doctor said my mom should have had an abortion, I am convinced they say dentist instead of doctor. Is that right?
By Drowning Pool, I meant the old lineup when they sang Bodies(before all of the lead singer changes)
RBF is an acquired taste, what can I say?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Delusium Cordelia is an Album. Not a band. then again his list is infallible. So maybe it is a band.

Why is it an Album, and not just an album? Also, why is VVD such a dick?

Victor Von Doom
Balls to your face.

Tool
Mr. Bungle
Radiohead
Boyzone

You're so predictable.

Three correct. Though saying that's predictable is like saying Hamlet and Ulysses being on my top 5 works of literature list is predictable.

Though technically it is. So...a point which refutes what you said.

It's a case of art imitating life. Or something similar which implies relentless sexual potency. On girls.

VVD, how can you say I have almost no musical radar. The Business may not be big here in the states but they are huge in the UK and plus unlike most bands, they give a crap about what they are singing out, and don't just write lyrics because they sound good, they have meaning to the band. The Dropkick Murphys are the same way with their songs, and though they do have some interesting choices in intruments(bagpipes,accordions, mandolins, tin whistle, banjo, etc)along withe normal instruments in a punk band, it only adds to their uniquness as well as an unexpected great sound.

Has anyone seen The Prestige? Is it good?

And don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Go to a Dropkick Murphys concert, and then you'll see what I mean.

I'd rather not: what do you mean?

Sum 41 I admit I was half alseep when I put them down, so for them, bash away.

I'm all done.

However I do have a question. In their song Fat Lip, though the lyrics online say doctor said my mom should have had an abortion, I am convinced they say dentist instead of doctor. Is that right?

Which of the various Pizza Hut crusts does anyone prefer?

RBF is an acquired taste, what can I say?

Sorry?

Bardock42

It is an "Album" because of it's immense importance and genius. Or something like that....probably even something like what the infallible one said. Though I don't know what he is talking about girls for.

Lighthammer
VVD you just proved something. You actually have no argument as to why our choices supposedly stink in music because you have no reason. You just sit there thinking of new insults,without actually knowing what in the world your talking about, or what you are insulting. So before you bash our tastes in music, maybe actually listen to it. And have guts and say what your favorite bands are.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Three correct. Though saying that's predictable is like saying Hamlet and Ulysses being on my top 5 works of literature list is predictable.

Though technically it is. So...a point which refutes what you said.

I win!

Victor Von Doom
VVD you just proved something. You actually have no argument as to why our choices supposedly stink in music because you have no reason.

I do. It's because your (singular) choices are shit.

Lighthammer
But you have no evidence or even give a reason as why they are supposedly shit, so you just proved my point. You just say they suck without backing it up. Repeating yourself does not count as a reason.

Alpha Centauri
But you have no evidence or even a reason as why they are supposedly shit, so you just proved my point.

Taste is subjective, so he couldn't prove yours are shit any more than you can prove his are shit.

Though you having Reel Big Fish and Sum 41 is a bit of a deal closer to anyone with a working perception radar.

-AC

Lighthammer
I understand that Ac, but he doesn't say that. All he said is their shit. He doesn't say he doesn't like that kind of music, or that he doesn't like those bands. I understand he can't prove their shit but he could at least say why he thinks they are shit. And as I said before I put Sum 41 while i was half asleep i didn't mean to put them down(Their only good song is Fat Lip).
And as for the musical radar thing as you said its taste, so differnent people have different musical tastes therefore technically everybodys musical radar works, its justs everybody's is tuned to different wavelengths.

Kid Kurdy
Only bands ? I'm much more a singer/songwriter kind of guy, but I'll give it a try.

In random order :

- The Pixies
- The Beatles
- eels
- The Doors
- Tenacious D (they are, after all, the greatest rock'n roll band of the world)

Alpha Centauri
I understand that Ac, but he doesn't say that. All he said is their shit. He doesn't say he doesn't like that kind of music, or that he doesn't like those bands. I understand he can't prove their shit but he could at least say why he thinks they are shit. And as I said before I put Sum 41 while i was half asleep i didn't mean to put them down(Their only good song is Fat Lip).
And as for the musical radar thing as you said its taste, so differnent people have different musical tastes therefore technically everybodys musical radar works, its justs everybody's is tuned to different wavelengths.

Why he thinks they're shit is irrelevant, you won't agree with him, so why say it?

-AC

Victor Von Doom
But you have no evidence or even give a reason as why they are supposedly shit, so you just proved my point. You just say they suck without backing it up. Repeating yourself does not count as a reason.

There is no evidence to actually equate those bands with excrement, is there?

Can you provide evidence of why a particular band aren't as good as another?

It's my opinion. Though some opinions are more valid than others.

Yours appears to be as invalid as Stephen Hawking (It just came to me, nothing personal. Would have been a waste not to say it though).

If I made a song right now, consisting of tapping my hands on the desk and saying la la la, no-one could actually prove that it is not a better song than Bohemian Rhapsody. That is mainly a problem with leaving the word 'better' undefined, but the fact remains, it's a virtual certainty that that's a silly conclusion.

And as I said before I put Sum 41 while i was half asleep i didn't mean to put them down(Their only good song is Fat Lip).

There's some evidence about my musical radar point, though.

Lighthammer
Being tired when I put them down doesn't mean I have a weak music radar. It just means I was too tired to realize what I was typing. Second who says your opion is more worthy than mine? And third have you even heard a Dropkick Murphys or a Bussiness song? Because yes you have the right to have the opinion to think these bands suck, but have you actually heard any of their music to base your opinon on?

Victor Von Doom
Being tired when I put them down doesn't mean I have a weak music radar. It just means I was too tired to realize what I was typing. Second who says your opion is more worthy than mine? And third have you even heard a Dropkick Murphys or a Bussiness song? Because yes you have the right to have the opinion to think these bands suck, but have you actually heard any of their music to base your opinon on?

Yes, I have heard them. I find them to be shit.

I would say my musical opinion is more valid than yours, simply because I find the bands you have listed to be terrible. You might think the same in return. That's opinions for you.

I'd have to be more or less typing from a sleep deprivation experiment lab to even think of the name Sum 41 when typing in this thread.

By whom do you propose they should be replaced?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I understand that Ac, but he doesn't say that. All he said is their shit. He doesn't say he doesn't like that kind of music, or that he doesn't like those bands. I understand he can't prove their shit but he could at least say why he thinks they are shit.

I think you're slightly mistaken; if it is their shit that does all the singing, then surely that is all the evidence VVD needs to claim that they are indeed shit? You see, my point is if their shit does the singing, then by calling them shit, you're only really calling a spade a spade.

Ya dig?

M.T. STYLE
Based on Sales/ Popularity/3 Best Albums/Musicianship

1. Beatles (Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Peppers, White Album and Abbey Road)
2. Led Zeppelin (Led Zeppelin 2, Led Zeppelin 4 and Phisical Graffiti)
3. Rolling Stones (Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed and Exile On Main St. )
4. Pink Floyd (The Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here and The Wall)
5. The Who (Tommy, Who's Next and Quadrophenia)

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by M.T. STYLE

You know that word 'favorite' in the thread title? Guess what it means...

'favorite'.

Weird, huh?

Alpha Centauri

This is what I don't get.

Based on sales and popularity, which every fan of The Beatles HAS to mention, because without it they're just a very good band that made very good music, but then you say musicianship top?

Jimmy Page alone has better talent for playing than any of The Beatles.

-AC

Dr. Strangelove
Cake
Massive Attack
Gorillaz
The Birthday Massacre
Tool

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
This is what I don't get.

Based on sales and popularity, which every fan of The Beatles HAS to mention, because without it they're just a very good band that made very good music, but then you say musicianship top?

Jimmy Page alone has better talent for playing than any of The Beatles.

-AC

You know, I think the idea is that a band's talent isn't restricted to the sum of its parts.

GrillingNemo
Led Zeppelin
The Cat Empire
Santana
Incubus
Tool

Alpha Centauri
You know, I think the idea is that a band's talent isn't restricted to the sum of its parts.

...but on the people who pay for it and have nothing to do with the creation of it.

Gotcha.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, you knew I was talking about the musicianship...

Lighthammer
In answer to VVD question aboutt my list i would replace Sum 41 with the street dogs.

BobbyD

Albums aside, this is likely (and a biased opinion, mind you of) the 5 greatest bands ever.

Lighthammer
New List is
1. Dropkick Murphys
2. The Business
3. The Street Dogs
4. The Blues Brothers
5. Drowning Pool

The Core
Originally posted by The Core
Right now, it's looking a little like this..

1) Killswitch Engage
2) Deftones
3) Protest the Hero
4) Dragonforce
5) Hatebreed

..no real order, that's just who I'm digging on right now.

Slight shake up in the order this week...

1) Killswitch Engage
2) Walls of Jericho
3) Between the Buried and Me
4) Protest the Hero
5) Devildriver

Mywi
In no particular order:

The Doors
Incubus
30 seconds to Mars
Marilyn Manson
Massive Attack

and Nirvana ninja

jbrickzin
Velvet Underground
Tool
Broken Social Scene
The Who
Belle and Sebastian

drewbiefan
I could not name a favorite...there's just toooo many that i lovesmile

manorastroman
there's precious few artists whose majority catalogue atteacts me.

belle and sebastian made one of my favorite albums with sinister, but i don't fancy anything else by them excepting their excellent EP/single work.

i s'pose olivia tremor control, pavement, velvet underground...slint...aannd shit, i guess the white stripes or something.

tridnt
1.bullet for my valentine
2.Blessed by a broken heart
3.Decapitated
4.Lamb of god
5.Avenged Sevenfold

The Doom Master
gotta be:
Linkin Park
My Chemical Romance
System of a Down
Fall Out Boy
Offspring

vintageSW77
PIL
The Pixies
The Fall
The Cramps
Goblin

Nellinator
Right now:

The Who
Nirvana
Doc Walker
Alabama
Blue Oyster Cult

The Core
Slight shake up in the order this week...

1) Killswitch Engage
2) Walls of Jericho
3) Between the Buried and Me
4) Protest the Hero
5) Devildriver

Pfff..funny how it changes, eh?

1) Deftones
2) The Roots
3) Chimaira
4) Killswitch Engage
5) Opeth

D00m
Radiohead
Minutemen
Deftones
Pixies
Dinosaur Jr.

dvampire
1. Linkin Park
2. 3 Doors Down
3. Nickel Back
4. Hoobastank
5. Limp Biskit

EPIIIBITES
Hmmm...fave bands ever have proabably been Pink Floyd, Depeche Mode, The Stone Roses, Front 242 and Massive Attack.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by dvampire
1. Linkin Park
2. 3 Doors Down
3. Nickel Back
4. Hoobastank
5. Limp Biskit

Wow, you like really shit bands.

Here's my list:

Audioslave
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Radiohead
Bedouin Soundclash
Sublime

*acts cool*

dvampire

Here's my list:

Audioslave
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Radiohead
Bedouin Soundclash
Sublime

*acts cool*

Well they're not to me. confused

EPIIIBITES

Here's my list:

...Red Hot Chili Peppers

That wasn't realy nice...

To save you from embarrassment, I don't think I'll quote what I recently said about the Chili's elsewhere on this board. But just to point out that they've become probably the biggest farce of a band on the planet...two words: "Can't Stop"

I think I actually threw something at my TV! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hmmmm...this brings to mind that other thread....

The Core
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES

To save you from embarrassment, I don't think I'll quote what I recently said about the Chili's elsewhere on this board. But just to point out that they've become probably the biggest farce of a band on the planet...two words: "Can't Stop"

Hmmmm...this brings to mind that other thread....

Something tells me he wouldn't be embarassed, either way. He comes from the AC school of "like whatever you want, and don't care what other people think."

Solo
1. The Velvet Underground
2. The Arcade Fire
3. Joy Division
4. Pink Floyd
5. Minor Threat

EPIIIBITES
Something tells me he wouldn't be embarassed, either way. He comes from the AC school of "like whatever you want, and don't care what other people think."
Wow. That AC guy is quite profound...you guys needed a school for that?

Ya know? Come to mention it, I have to admit I think I went to that school too...but then I graduated, and went on to the "Learn To Recognize If What You Happen To Like Is Actually Crap" school as well.

...It's hard to get in, I know... cool

The Core
So, you go from suggesting it's not nice for YKF to call other people's bands shit, to turning around and insulting his taste? Like I said, I'm fairly positive that he'll continue to like RHCP regardless of anyone elses opinions, now matter what their personal convictions are.

EPIIIBITES
His remark was totally unprovoked is the difference...I just brought out the irony of an RHCP lover calling someone else's bands s#&%... laughing

YKF and I have exchanged many an jest before...I'm sure he can handle it.

The Core
His remark was totally unprovoked is the difference...I just brought out the irony of an RHCP lover calling someone else's bands s#&%... laughing

It's only seems ironic to you, have you noticed? You've seriously got to start making your opinions less "matter of fact", because RHCP just won a Grammy and sold 6 Million copies of their latest album, last I checked.

Compared to Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, and Incu-stank, I'd say RHCP have a leg up. I spared the other 2 bands because they haven't been relevant for many years.

RocasAtoll
It's only seems ironic to you, have you noticed? You've seriously got to start making your opinions less "matter of fact", because RHCP just won a Grammy and sold 6 Million copies of their latest album, last I checked.

Are those other 6 million people's taste garbage as well?

Dude. You should know by now that the Grammy's and masses' opinion have NO bearing on the talent of a band.

The Core
I've made that abundantly clear in the Dixie Chicks thread. That said, considering the band has been around for almost 25 years now, still sells records and top charts means they're doing something right, musicianship withstanding.

Having Rick Rubin produce your album never hurt, either.

RocasAtoll
I've made that abundantly clear in the Dixie Chicks thread. That said, considering the band has been around for almost 25 years now, still sells records and top charts means they're doing something right, musicianship withstanding.

Having Rick Rubin produce your album never hurt, either.

Again, selling records doesn't matter. if you've it made abundantly clear that you don't believe it matters before, why use it in this debate?

The Core
Because they're still relevant in the industry. I can just say it, and not have anything at all, regardless of validity, to back it up.

EPIIIBITES
Because they're still relevant in the industry.
a) Stop following me...quite freaky...yep

b) You've just basically gone on record saying that the Red Hot Chili Peppers are still relevant. Pretty much sums it all up...

Again...another outrageous comment made by someone who's basically reacting to my biting critique on what's what because they're scared of hearing the truth...(kinda like the dude who said The Rolling Stones aren't fading away...Ha Ha!)...what kind of people am I dealing with here?

The Core
a) Stop following me...quite freaky...yep

Don't flatter yourself, sweetheart. Who's the one jumping in on RocasAtoll and I's conversation?

Yes. And?

Like I give a **** about RHCP or The Rolling Stones? You're willing to deny that a band still sells records, still wins awards, still has both old and new fans, never sold out, never changed their style, and is still around almost a quarter century later just so you can present your opinion as fact?

Alright, guy.

EPIIIBITES
Like I give a **** about RHCP or The Rolling Stones? You're willing to deny that a band still sells records, still wins awards, still has both old and new fans, never sold out, never changed their style, and is still around almost a quarter century later just so you can present your opinion as fact?

Alright, guy.
Ok:

There's a big difference in saying RHCP and The Rolling Stones are still relevant because they still sell records, get new fans, sell out concerts.....and saying that U2 or Bob Dylan are still relevant because they sell records, have sell-out concerts....

The difference is...some of those groups are crap...and others are not...(just...relax), and if you have your ear to the ground and your finger on the pulse of what most of their peers, their critics, and INTELLIGENT music lovers say about these artists, it's quite clear determining who are in the crap category and who are still respected (and it doesn't matter if you yourself like U2 or Bob Dylan...they still make quality music).

I never suggested you like those bands...I just think you can't handle what I'm saying about them.

Now leave me alone about this stuff. Anyone here with any clue would get what I just said...I really don't have to justify it any further.

The Core
There's absolutely no difference, because it's still an opinion. The validity of which is no better than anyone elses, regardless of "intelligence", because people don't speak out of intelligence, they speak out of preference, which means what they say is always subjective.

..and I can "handle" what you're saying. I'm not in denial, and like I said, I just don't care. You're stuck thinking that people's opinions can be greater than one another's.

Victor Von Doom
(kinda like the dude who said The Rolling Stones aren't fading away...Ha Ha!)...what kind of people am I dealing with here?

People that know you're an idiot.

A band that just made the biggest tour ever is in your hands the most apposite example of a 'fading away' band.

You don't see logic though, so I'll just repeat.

You're an idiot.

EPIIIBITES
And you're a genius! Rolling Stones...yeah!

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Thanks for saving me, I could feel my face turning all red, and my feet were beginning to shuffle.

Aside from that, your supposed validation of them being "the biggest farce of a band on the planet" is a song they recorded more than 4 years ago. Since then, they have released an album to wide-critical acclaim that is arguably their most consistently strong album ever!

It's weird, you continually go on about a band's 'relevancy' (as if that is a valid criteria to musical quality, anyway...), yet none of your posts have any of it. Is this some sort of post-modern gimmick, or are you just really, really bad at this discussion thing?

Was it your rattle? Rock and roll, dude! Rock. And. Roll.

Les yeux clos
Radiohead
Foo Fighters
Muse
Goldfrapp
Incubus

+ my newest love, Ray LaMontange

Refused
Radiohead
Refused
Rage Against The Machine
Mars Volta/ATD-I
Fall of Troy

masterkit
In no specific order

Within Temptation
Evanescence
AFI
30 Seconds to Mars
Panic! at the Disco

jainasolo55
mae
brand new
a perfect circle
my chemical romance
led zeppelin

woot woot! we got some a perfect circle fans on here! rock on you guys rock hehe

Lighthammer
1. Dropkick Murphys
2. Street Dogs
3. Anti-Flag
4. Clash
5. Reel Big Fish

geshien
only five?

mindless self indulgence
16 volt
deftones
muse
both mushroomhead and cyanotic are about even here...

girly grout
1.fallout boy
2.hinder
3.my chemical romance
4.panic! at the disco
5. metalica

Emma718
i don't really have a top 5..because i like many bands. But to name a few:

HIM
30 Seconds To Mars
My Chemical Romance
Mew
Bon Jovi

Funkadelic
Bands, so no solo artists? If so:

Funkadelic
Parliament
Sly & the family stone
Jamiroquai
The time

Cory Chaos
It's been almost 2 months, so I figured an update is in order as to whom I have been crushing on musically;

1) Deftones
2) Dimmu Borgir
3) Tool
4) Killswitch Engage
5) Poison the Well

Impediment
I don't have any favorites, per se, but the 5 bands I've been listening to the most recently are:

Tool
Lamb of God
Deicide
Killswitch Engage
Static-X

Askani'son
In no particular order:

Brand New
Monty Are I
Hurt
Lostprophets
A.F.I

Elva
Mmmh. Hard question. I suppose mine are:

Mudvayne
Cold
Korn
Slipknot
Lacuna Coil

Not in any real order.

Arctic
Nickelback
Creed
Scott Stapp
Alter Bridge
Daughtry

Skeets
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Led Zeppelin
Rage Against the Machine
Mr.Bungle
Temple of the Dog/Deftones

Mywi

Bardock42
Funnily enough I made a list of my top 81 bands just now....

1. The Smiths
2. The Arcade Fire
3. Jeff Buckley
4. Radiohead
5. Rage Against The Machine

---------

6. Sufjan Stevens
7. Godspeed You Black Emperor!
8. Joni Mitchell
9. Grandaddy
10. Pulp
11. Leonard Cohen
12. Bob Dylan
13. Iron and Wine
14. Joanna Newsom
15. Norah Jones
16. Simon and Garfunkel
17. The Clash
18. Bruce Springsteen
19. The Velvet Underground
20. Lou Reed
21. Neil Young
22. The Police
23. Pearl Jam
24. Pixies
25. Frank Zappa
26. Nirvana
27. Mr. Bungle
28. Peeping Tom
29. The Who
30. The Cure
31. Morrissey
32. The Brian Jonestown Massacre
33. Tenacious D
34. Michael Jackson
35. R.E.M.
36. Sigur Ros
37. Jimi Hendrix
38. Muse
39. Dredg
40. Thom Yorke
41. Ramones
42. The White Stripes
43. Alice in Chains
44. Christopher O'Riley
45. Faith No More
46. The Strokes
47. Queen
48. Tom Waits
49. Opeth
50. Travis
51. Pj Harvey
52. Portishead
53. Tricky
54. Fantomas
55. Type 0 Negative
56. Sex Pistols
57. Audioslave
58. Outkast
59. Led Zeppelin
60. Chris Cornell
61. Syd Barrett
62. Weezer
63. Soundgarden
64. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
65. The Doors
66. The Byrds
67. Rush
68. A Perfect Circle
69. Tool
70. Tori Amos
71. Devo
72. New York Dolls
73. Singapore Sling
74. Stephen Lynch
75. Frank Sinatra
76. Jack Johnson
77. Mando Diao
78. Queens of the Stone Age
79. Pink Floyd
80. Ween
81. Seeed

Of course it is just an overview...but I enjoyed it. Hehe.

Nellinator
Right now:

1) Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
2) Molly Hatchet
3) The Who
4) Pearl Jam
5) Bad Company

Solo
The Velvet Underground
The Arcade Fire
Joy Division
Pavement
Lou Reed

Mywi

1. The Smiths
2. The Arcade Fire
3. Jeff Buckley
4. Radiohead

---------

6. Sufjan Stevens
7. Godspeed You Black Emperor!
8. Joni Mitchell
9. Grandaddy
10. Pulp
11. Leonard Cohen
12. Bob Dylan
13. Iron and Wine
14. Joanna Newsom
15. Norah Jones
16. Simon and Garfunkel
17. The Clash
18. Bruce Springsteen
19. The Velvet Underground
20. Lou Reed
21. Neil Young
22. The Police
23. Pearl Jam
24. Pixies
25. Frank Zappa
26. Nirvana
27. Mr. Bungle
28. Peeping Tom
29. The Who
30. The Cure
31. Morrissey
32. The Brian Jonestown Massacre
33. Tenacious D
34. Michael Jackson
35. R.E.M.
36. Sigur Ros
37. Jimi Hendrix
38. Muse
39. Dredg
40. Thom Yorke
41. Ramones
42. The White Stripes
43. Alice in Chains
44. Christopher O'Riley
45. Faith No More
46. The Strokes
47. Queen
48. Tom Waits
49. Opeth
50. Travis
51. Pj Harvey
52. Portishead
53. Tricky
54. Fantomas
55. Type 0 Negative
56. Sex Pistols
57. Audioslave
58. Outkast
59. Led Zeppelin
60. Chris Cornell
61. Syd Barrett
62. Weezer
63. Soundgarden
64. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
65. The Doors
66. The Byrds
67. Rush
68. A Perfect Circle
69. Tool
70. Tori Amos
71. Devo
72. New York Dolls
73. Singapore Sling
74. Stephen Lynch
75. Frank Sinatra
76. Jack Johnson
77. Mando Diao
78. Queens of the Stone Age
79. Pink Floyd
80. Ween
81. Seeed

Of course it is just an overview...but I enjoyed it. Hehe.

Freak. no expression

Eis
Blasphemy.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mywi
Freak. no expression

**** you!

Originally posted by Eis
Blasphemy.

**** you!

Originally posted by Solo
The Velvet Underground
The Arcade Fire
Joy Division
Pavement
Lou Reed

You're cool!

I'm out.

Nellinator
At the very least I give Bardock credit for his variety. He hasn't holed himself into one corner of the musical world like an elitist idiot.

masterkit
Originally posted by masterkit
In no specific order

Within Temptation
Evanescence
AFI
30 Seconds to Mars
Panic! at the Disco

I'm dropping P!ATD out of the five or NIN.

Pezmerga
Right now it'd be...

1. Rush
2. Pink Floyd
3. King Crimson
4. Dream Theater
5. The Who

2D_MASTER

1. The Smiths
2. The Arcade Fire
3. Jeff Buckley
4. Radiohead

Holy shit a Smiths fan who loves RATM too? I thought I was the only one.

Mine: off the top of my head

1)The Smiths
2)Black Sabbath
3)The Velvet underground
4)The Pixies
5)Depeche mode

masterkit
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER

1)The Smiths
2)Black Sabbath
3)The Velvet underground
4)The Pixies
5)Depeche mode

If you love em' so much why aren't they in your five?

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by masterkit
If you love em' so much why aren't they in your five?

Well, if this had been a top 10, they would have been on THAT list. That okay with you?

RocasAtoll
Rage Against the Machine
The Roots
Dream Theater
Fantomas
Mars Volta

Rough equivalent.

In Fate's Hands
Not in any order

HIM
Blink 182
Atreyu
The Riverboat Gamblers
Turbonegro

Bardock42

1)The Smiths
2)Black Sabbath
3)The Velvet underground
4)The Pixies
5)Depeche mode They exist....some at least.

xXSituationsXx
Atreyu
Escape the Fate
Slayer
Slipknot
From first to last

smile

pcp
Currently:

Radiohead
Manic Street Preachers
Blur
Beck
Bjork

masterkit
Well, if this had been a top 10, they would have been on THAT list. That okay with you?

Yes vin

King KAM
in rock.

AC/DC
Van Halen
Megadeth
Coldplay

Rogue Jedi
1. Butthole surfers
2. The Melvyns
3. Beastie boys
4. House of pain