Could Guns n Roses....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
...have been one of a handful of the greatest bands that ever was. I mean, it is possible to have included them with the same names as The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, PFloyd, The Who...with the best of the best if they didn't implode?

My personal feeling is they were on that path. Thoughts? confused

Bardock42
I think you can do it now, seeing how it is so totally subjective and I'd totally put The Smiths in their while others wouldn't. Oh, also, good job leaving out the Beatles...think that will keep that argument from happening, huh...huh? Well, no it won't..cause the Beatles are overrated.

§P0oONY
I've never been a huge fan of Gn'R. They sort of just seem like an inferior Van Halen. Some of their songs are overrated and played far too much. It's funny because Sweet Child of Mine has become pretty much their most popular song because of it's opening riff but at the same time Slash himself doesn't like it. My only problem with the band itself is Axl Rose with his whiney voice.

Everything else is fine. I wouldn't say their one of the greatest bands who've ever existed. They do have some decent songs though.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think you can do it now, seeing how it is so totally subjective and I'd totally put The Smiths in their while others wouldn't. Oh, also, good job leaving out the Beatles...think that will keep that argument from happening, huh...huh? Well, no it won't..cause the Beatles are overrated.

laughing out loud

You do know how much I love my Beatles, don't you Bardock?

Bardock42
Originally posted by BobbyD
laughing out loud

You do know how much I love my Beatles, don't you Bardock?

No, I assume you do like them a real lot. I can understand it, they are excellent.

§P0oONY
Anyone notice that all the bands BobbyD listed are from the UK? Except Gn'R of course.hmm

Bardock42

§P0oONY
Radiohead are class but you're right, the UK hasn't produced much in the way of influential music for a while.

BobbyD

Alpha Centauri
Considering 99% of their praise comes off the back of Appetite for Destruction, I'd say they're a good band.

They're criminally overrated, but they're a good band. They're a band that will continually top "Best Rock Album" polls, but they're a choice I can tolerate. One of those mainstream bands that people think they're credible for liking, but also do happen to be good.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
They're criminally overrated, but they're a good band. They're a band that will continually top "Best Rock Album" polls, but they're a choice I can tolerate. One of those mainstream bands that people think they're credible for liking, but also do happen to be good.

-AC

Kinda like Nirvana...

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by BobbyD
...have been one of a handful of the greatest bands that ever was. I mean, it is possible to have included them with the same names as The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, PFloyd, The Who...with the best of the best if they didn't implode?

My personal feeling is they were on that path. Thoughts? confused
Not even close, but that's of course my own humble opinion.

They have a few good songs though, too bad Axl has an awful voice. He gave the word "screaming" a bad name.

Tptmanno1
Considering 99% of their praise comes off the back of Appetite for Destruction, I'd say they're a good band.

-AC
Agreed,
And they have Slash...

SpaceMonkey
They're definitely up there as far as one of the most notorious ever.

Lord S
They were really good until they started singing totally pussified songs like 'November Rain' (awesome video, though), but still remained pretty good. After the break-up and reassembling with these Johnny-come-latelies, they are a joke.

Overall I'd say they're definitely in the top ten.

BobbyD
November Rain has 2 beautiful Slash solos too. smile

reggie_jax
Of course, the UK makes better music. Well, at least they make the better music for my taste. Well at least they did prior to the 90's. And most people would not consider Bands after that to be "The greatest Bands that ever were". Except for AC with Radiohead of course. all germans should rep kraut rock. mad

Bardock42
Originally posted by reggie_jax
all germans should rep kraut rock. mad

Woah, woah, woah...I'm German...and white..and upper middle class...I have no clue what the **** you just said.

baracustastic
Appetite for Destruction is the best album ever in my opinion.

It is better than most bands' best ofs.

Entirely subjective though.

SeverianB
Guns and Roses had one of the best Albums EVER Made.

They were great. Burned bright and burned out.

At least we got to see Stephanie Seymour in that HAWT wedding dress in the November Rain video. I will show that video to my son when he is old enough, to keep him hetero. It's a surefire idea.

StinkFist462
speaking of Guns n Roses...

Chinese Democracy got pushed back, again.

Alpha Centauri
Some reviewer said that to avoid getting universally panned, Chinese Democracy will have to be the greatest album ever, and it just won't be.

I doubt it'll be good.

-AC

StinkFist462
Some reviewer said that to avoid getting universally panned, Chinese Democracy will have to be the greatest album ever, and it just won't be.

I doubt it'll be good.

-AC

i agree. i personally think it will be utter crap.

reggie_jax
Woah, woah, woah...I\'m German...and white..and upper middle class...I have no clue what the **** you just said. what the **** i just said is... rep yo hood nigga.. support kraut rock german bandz.. no listening to that UK shit. mad

Bardock42
what the **** i just said is... rep yo hood nigga.. support kraut rock german bandz.. no listening to that UK shit. mad

I like it. It is good. Geman music does not make me happy.

reggie_jax
not german muzik. kraut rock.

Bardock42
not german muzik. kraut rock.

I am not even familiar with one band of that genre.

reggie_jax
**** mad

Darth Jello
Guns n Roses was a really shitty band, an example of everything that sucked about the 80's bleeding into the 90's. Basically a bunch of really talented musicians under the leadership of a stupid, incompotent, wig wearing, botox treated, egomaniac who takes over a decade to do what the average band does in 3-6 weeks.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Guns n Roses was a really shitty band, an example of everything that sucked about the 80's bleeding into the 90's. Basically a bunch of really talented musicians under the leadership of a stupid, incompotent, wig wearing, botox treated, egomaniac who takes over a decade to do what the average band does in 3-6 weeks.

Axl Rose is different now to back then.

-AC

Doc Potato
Originally posted by baracustastic

Entirely subjective though. I do love AfD... and its far better than GnR's so called "Greatest hits" album... I mean Patience... WtF?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by baracustastic

The fact that you think 'best ofs' are the best work of bands is slightly worrying in the first instance.

reggie_jax
oh shit....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.