Catholics think they should have special privileges

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
On a whole, (not individuals), Catholics believe that they have should have more of a sayso in a decision. Such as:

Gay marriage: God said it was wrong. Gay marriage must be illegal because gays are an abomination.

They believe it is their job to educate others about their religion. Why? Because their religion is the correct one.

Abortion: God said this is wrong. Jesus would frown upon it. Thus, it's wrong. (personally, i'm pro-life, but I don't like how the bible is brought into ccontexgt whenever an abortion debate is going, because then the entire pro-life side automatically has lost)

Witchcraft- God says it's wrong, anyone with magic is automatically challenging him (note- I don't believe in witchcraft, but some people do). Thus, wiccans are evil and cannot be trusted(I'm not even going to start about Harry Potter)

Scientology- The true sign of a christian/catholic: They can twist any scientific fact and twist it so that god is included.

Halloween- This is an evil holiday. We may not realize it, but letting our kids run around outside wearing masks and getting free candy is actually brainwashing them into worshipping satan. PROTECT YOUR KIDS!

This is just to name a few things.

This is something(like i said, this doesn't include every christian/catholic) i found this on a christian website:

Christian views should play an important role in shaping our communities. Christian views should play an important role in shaping our legal system. Christian views should play an important role in shaping our political structure. Express your Christian Views and make an impact on your future and your children's future!

for more reading, go to www.exposingsatanism.com

Alliance
Wait, this is just catholics?

No.

allofyousuckkk
hmmm

i guess not

i was just going for the obvious

Alliance
I would think its obvious that Catholics are far from special.

Besides, scientology has nothing to do with the distortion of scientific fact, and is not really related at all to Catholicism.

allofyousuckkk
i was saying that whenever you give some sort of scientific evidence for anything, it is automatically twisted to make it include god and how he did it.

i wasnt saying scientology was distorting a fact, reading back, it comes off as such

Jedi Priestess
*cough* Please refrain from lumping all Cathoilics into one big ugly bunch. As I can assure you that not all of us believe some of the crap you posted above.

Alliance
Good suggestion.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
Scientology- The true sign of a christian/catholic: They can twist any scientific fact and twist it so that god is included.

Christian science and Scientology are very different things. Misrepresentations make Baby Tom Cruise cry. Or is it baby Jesus?

allofyousuckkk
which is why i said not individuals perse, but on the whole, a lot of catholics(and many other religions, just catholics came to mind at first) think their opinion is more important because they are the religon they are

Naz
"Halloween- This is an evil holiday."

^
That's gotta be the biggest load of BS I've heard in years. hysterical Catholics are probably one of the few Christian relegions that actually celebrate Halloween.

Regret
i was saying that whenever you give some sort of scientific evidence for anything, it is automatically twisted to make it include god and how he did it.

i wasnt saying scientology was distorting a fact, reading back, it comes off as such At the same time atheists tend to twist every sort of scientific evidence into an attack on the concept of God, regardless of the fact that scientific evidence is silent on the subject. As well as often taking a scientist's opinion as holding validity when the scientist is making statements beyond the scope of the evidence at hand. Science is silent on the subject of God, both groups need to remember that, yet neither seems to want to admit this truth.

Charmed_Phoebe
Catholics??? Hahaha..........Mithra men.

Catholic priest and a rabbi were chatting one day when the conversation turned to a discussion of job descriptions and promotions.

"What do you have to look forward to in terms of being promoted?" asked the rabbi.

"Well, I'm next in line for the Monsignor's job," replied the priest.

"Yes, and then what?" asked the rabbi.

"Well, next I can become a bishop."

"Yes, and then?"

"If I work real hard and do a good job as bishop, it's possible for me to become an archbishop.""OK, then what?"

Exasperated, the priest replied, "With some luck and real hard work, maybe I can become a cardinal."

"And then?"

Growing angry, the priest responded, "Well, with lots and lots of luck and some real difficult work, if I'm in the right places at the right times and play my political games just right, maybe, just maybe, I can get elected Pope."

"Yes, and then what?"

"Good grief!" shouted the priest. "What do you expect me to become, GOD?"

"Well," responded the rabbi, "One of our boys made it!"

Jews rule........LOL

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Alliance
Wait, this is just catholics?

No.

Yeah, as far as I undestand it will not only be Catholics. Especially since they are not majority. I think the Baptists are or Protestants...

In case anyone was wondering, we don't really have Halloween in Europe. Well in England there little think, but its not really celebrated.

allofyousuckkk
hahahahahahaha to the joke posted above

lord xyz
On a whole, (not individuals), Catholics believe that they have should have more of a sayso in a decision. Such as:

Gay marriage: God said it was wrong. Gay marriage must be illegal because gays are an abomination.

They believe it is their job to educate others about their religion. Why? Because their religion is the correct one.

Abortion: God said this is wrong. Jesus would frown upon it. Thus, it's wrong. (personally, i'm pro-life, but I don't like how the bible is brought into ccontexgt whenever an abortion debate is going, because then the entire pro-life side automatically has lost)

Witchcraft- God says it's wrong, anyone with magic is automatically challenging him (note- I don't believe in witchcraft, but some people do). Thus, wiccans are evil and cannot be trusted(I'm not even going to start about Harry Potter)

Halloween- This is an evil holiday. We may not realize it, but letting our kids run around outside wearing masks and getting free candy is actually brainwashing them into worshipping satan. PROTECT YOUR KIDS!

This is something(like i said, this doesn't include every christian/catholic) i found this on a christian website:

Christian views should play an important role in shaping our communities. Christian views should play an important role in shaping our legal system. Christian views should play an important role in shaping our political structure. Express your Christian Views and make an impact on your future and your children's future!

for more reading, go to www.exposingsatanism.com laughing That's so funny.

hysterical2 I know what they did.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
*cough* Please refrain from lumping all Cathoilics into one big ugly bunch. As I can assure you that not all of us believe some of the crap you posted above. You miss have the same attitude as sithsaber. Just thought I'd tell you.

Soleran
The world needs more catholics so that their opinions become laws!

allofyousuckkk
wether or not the above poster is serious, my post is summed up into one sentance

debbiejo
Originally posted by Soleran
The world needs more catholics so that their opinions become laws! There was not burning at the stake smilie sooo

This is your fate debbiejo -->giljotiini

Noooooooo .. cry

Yes it is debbiejo cool

Nooooooo .but, but I was baptised Catholic... crybaby

Yes yes we all decided....gossip

How many life times does a person have to go through this? sadangel

~Flamboyant~
WOW. The guy behind that website needs to open his eyes.

lord xyz
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~
WOW. The guy behind that website needs to open his eyes. There are worse...

Kelly_LS

for more reading, go to www.exposingsatanism.com
Not going to read all of that but the thread title is completely bullshit.

Soleran
wether or not the above poster is serious, my post is summed up into one sentance

Or more precisely one word: Retarded.

That site is a southern baptist non demoninational website throwing propoganda against tons of different views.

I'm not even christian and I could smell the shit from that intial post a mile away. If you want to post about beliefs or mock them at least get a credible source and not one where they carry on about Dungeons and Dragons gamers being satanists as well.

All in all this thread fails, badly I might add.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.